Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk > Engine Tech

Engine Tech Technical discussion related to all relevant engines such as KA, SR, RB, CA, 2JZ , L24/26/28, VG, VQ, and LSx series.

Old 08-07-2018, 08:37 AM   #1
CallMeKev

Trader Rating: (0)
CallMeKev is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
HELP with engine codes.

I have a 95 s14 ka24de, car has always ran fine but this week it started to hesitate and bog a bit, codes 11 (Camshaft Position Sensor) and 34 (Knock Sensor) showed up. I think code 11 is the only thing affecting the way it runs right now, I checked that the hardness to the distributor was passing through its needed voltage/signal so thats good. I just don't know if my distributor is bad and I would hate to replace it and it not have been the problem. Can anyone guide me as to whether the CAS in the distributor is bad or could the problem be solved elsewhere. I am getting fuel, spark, cleaned my maf, and compression is 120+ across all 4 car starts fine and seems like it idles fine where it normally does, it just has this extra vibration like as if its misfiring. Any help is appreciated. (currently installing a knock sensor just to eliminate that code)
CallMeKev is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-02-2018, 01:31 AM   #2
unicoder
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (2)
unicoder is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
CAS is on the top of the transmission bell housing on drivers side. It is not even needed on the 95 zenki's - I removed mine and don't even get the code, so might work for you.

As for the knock sensor, that will make it hesitate and bog. The car is retarding timing because it thinks you are knocking.

It's rough to change unless you have skinny arms or a friend with skinny arms. I bought one cheap from ebay, and that was a bad idea. Ended up having to pay ~$100 at the parts store to get one that actually works.

5.3 V8 Swap w/ Nitrous
unicoder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2018, 01:02 PM   #3
kyral
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (7)
kyral is just really nicekyral is just really nicekyral is just really nicekyral is just really nicekyral is just really nicekyral is just really nicekyral is just really nicekyral is just really nicekyral is just really nice
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
try unplugging the knock sensor and the ecu will just ignore the circuit (instead of using faulty info from a bad knock sensor and messing up ignition timing)

or your motor will knock itself to death because you have unleashed the beast
haha jk