Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Off Topic Chat > LOUD NOISES

LOUD NOISES A place for political mudslinging, Pro/Anti legalization, gay marriage debate, Gun control rants, etc. If it's political, controversial, or hotly debated, it goes here. No regular Off-Topic stuff allowed. READ THE RULES BEFORE POSTING!

Old 11-30-2013, 03:55 AM   #1
92s13Widebody
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
92s13Widebody is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Question Death

random but i find it really fucking mind blowing what about you guys??....
92s13Widebody is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-02-2013, 09:26 PM   #2
collegekid
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (4)
collegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Yes it is very mindblowing. What specifically blows your mind that made you start this topic?

For me, it is what happens after death. Not knowing what happens; it frightens me. Will I see my family again? What will life be like? Will it be the same? Will we be at peace? Is there an afterlife? Which religion is correct?

I know death surrounds us. Every day, millions of organisms die on our planet. I understand that it is not possible to acknowledge every single lost life.

It frightens me that religion was created to have some sort of order ( this is something I believe and is my opinion only. I do not wish to argue this belief but rather choose to explain myself. I do not hate any religion). All I want is my family. I am scared to lose them.

Seriously though, I cried over Paul Walker's death. I don't know what I would do if my parents died let alone my turtle.....

My best friend accidentally stepped on an ant when we were 5 years old. We cried and gave it a funeral.

I fear death and sometimes welcome it.
collegekid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 09:34 PM   #3
BigKriss
Leaky Injector

BigKriss is making a name for him/her selfBigKriss is making a name for him/her self
Death is not to be feared. No religious crap here, no long haired bloke in white flowing robes, but there is more after death. My experiences with it convinces me totally.
If there is anything about death to fear it should be how you die. Being fcukin burnt alive would suck, going to sleep and never waking up is cool. Unless you were promised a bj the next day, that would still suck....or not.
BigKriss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 09:54 PM   #4
dudermagee
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (23)
dudermagee is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
Really thought this was going to be about the band....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dgx3sp_hTJw
dudermagee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 09:57 PM   #5
feito
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (1)
feito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymore
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
regardless of what u guys think happens after it (which is nothing, really), if you guys are worried or afraid of it, you guys got a problem.
feito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 10:11 PM   #6
sidewaysil80
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (23)
sidewaysil80 is a name known to allsidewaysil80 is a name known to allsidewaysil80 is a name known to allsidewaysil80 is a name known to allsidewaysil80 is a name known to allsidewaysil80 is a name known to allsidewaysil80 is a name known to allsidewaysil80 is a name known to allsidewaysil80 is a name known to allsidewaysil80 is a name known to allsidewaysil80 is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
It never makes its way into my daily life nor affect it in anyway, but if I stop to think about it...it is a little unnerving. Specifically the uncertainty, obviously we want there to be an afterlife as it would mean we are essentially still "living" or conscious in the next life. But it troubles me to think of the alternative, there is nothing waiting...just ceasing to exist and truly expiring to nothingness. Endless unconsciousness without ever being able to experience thoughts, memories, etc.
sidewaysil80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 09:57 AM   #7
inopsey
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (21)
inopsey has a brilliant futureinopsey has a brilliant futureinopsey has a brilliant futureinopsey has a brilliant futureinopsey has a brilliant futureinopsey has a brilliant futureinopsey has a brilliant futureinopsey has a brilliant futureinopsey has a brilliant futureinopsey has a brilliant futureinopsey has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 21 reviews
im not sure if there is a heaven, but i pray there is no hell
inopsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 08:33 PM   #8
J3123MY
BANNED

Trader Rating: (2)
J3123MY is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
LOL. If you think about it, we have been dead (or non-existence) longer then we have been alive. Death is the end. Total non-existence. Live it up.

One time I took too much acid and ended up in the hospital. That trip really tripped me out about death.
J3123MY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 08:37 PM   #9
BossHogg
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (16)
BossHogg is just really niceBossHogg is just really niceBossHogg is just really niceBossHogg is just really niceBossHogg is just really niceBossHogg is just really niceBossHogg is just really niceBossHogg is just really nice
Feedback Score: 16 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by dudermagee View Post
Really thought this was going to be about the band....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dgx3sp_hTJw
haha hell yes. I almost did this the other night with voice of the soul and cosmic universe.

Death is simple. You die, decay and your atoms are recycled back into the system. Like everything in existence (on a universal scale). Honestly, imo, religion is a joke. I think it is a primitive quality of explaining things(in a humanly manner of understanding) that were just not understood. Which would explain why there are so many religions. Seems like each group of people had there own way of explaining things....in very different ways. For example a tsunami would be a sign from the god or gods. When it was probably just an earth quake in the ocean half away around the world. So they did not feel the quake but all of the sudden gigantic wave destroys their city. They would then relate that to something "bad" that recently happened in their personal society and say the god(s) are punishing them. When it is just natural Earthly cycles. Humans are always trying to understand things because it makes us feel secure. For some reason humans feel we serve a purpose. That life is special. It's just natural phenomena(to us). Having life is no more special than having a universe in general. I think the existence of the universe in general is far more crazy than life itself.

But then again, maybe we are just an alien ant farm. There really isn't a way to know. Maybe the universe itself was created by some super intelligent "being" that we can not possibly fathom in a lab somewhere.(sounds a lot like God now doesn't it). So I just ride it out and experience it till I die. Try to do good and be peaceful. I often think that what if we did have all the answers....would it make a difference? Would life suck then? If we knew there was afterlife would it change your "current" life?
Old 12-03-2013, 08:52 PM   #10
collegekid
Zilvia Addict

collegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by BossHogg View Post
Stuff and things with sprinkles

Dude you are so deep I can't even smell you anymore.

I do agree with you on "try to do good and be peaceful" I also ponder your last few questions. I propose another.

What if life is just an entrance exam? As in this is not even the tip of the iceberg. (I am implying some sort of reincarnation) What if some higher being is just testing us to see where to send us next?

What if we are just a line of genetic code and the result of millions of years of DNA and our sole purpose in life is to just reproduce,die, be buried 6 feet under, and decompose?

What the faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack.
Old 12-03-2013, 09:10 PM   #11
feito
Nissanaholic!

feito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymore
Quote:
Originally Posted by BossHogg View Post
haha hell yes. I almost did this the other night with voice of the soul and cosmic universe.

Death is simple. You die, decay and your atoms are recycled back into the system. Like everything in existence (on a universal scale). Honestly, imo, religion is a joke. I think it is a primitive quality of explaining things(in a humanly manner of understanding) that were just not understood. Which would explain why there are so many religions. Seems like each group of people had there own way of explaining things....in very different ways. Having life is no more special than having a universe in general. I think the existence of the universe in general is far more crazy than life itself.

Try to do good and be peaceful. I often think that what if we did have all the answers....would it make a difference? Would life suck then? If we knew there was afterlife would it change your "current" life?
qft. And there's no such thing as a soul, so there's nothing that sticks around or keeps on going after one dies... which reminds me, I was gonna post this on the paul walker thread, but i'll just post it here since it's kinda related. It sucks that it wasnt until his dead that a thread where everybody would admit their admiration for the guy and the impression his character had on our community to the point of changing our lives. I have always said it, u care for your loved ones, take them flowers right now when they're still alive, share a moment with them, u dont have to wait till they die, by then is too late, if u do it right now they will die knowing how much they were loved (that is if they dont die of als-heimer's disease, no joking here, recently had a love one go like that). Im sure it would've been nice for walker if we had somehow showed him how we feel about him, shame. Would we feel the same if it had been diesel? Mhhhh....
feito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 09:15 PM   #12
smoked240
Zilvia FREAK!

smoked240 is not welcome here anymoresmoked240 is not welcome here anymoresmoked240 is not welcome here anymoresmoked240 is not welcome here anymoresmoked240 is not welcome here anymoresmoked240 is not welcome here anymoresmoked240 is not welcome here anymoresmoked240 is not welcome here anymoresmoked240 is not welcome here anymore
Send a message via MSN to smoked240
Quote:
Originally Posted by J3123MY View Post
LOL. If you think about it, we have been dead (or non-existence) longer then we have been alive. Death is the end. Total non-existence. Live it up.

One time I took too much acid and ended up in the hospital. That trip really tripped me out about death.
Damn. This is it tho.

LSD can be some scary shit sometimes. Look into ego deaths cause that's pretty much what happened to me. First time I had a complete reboot basically. Not some shit to be fuckin with.

Would enjoy a thumbprint or dmt trip once.

All I can say is live this life and to the fullest.
Old 12-04-2013, 02:28 PM   #13
92s13Widebody
Leaky Injector

92s13Widebody is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by sidewaysil80 View Post
It never makes its way into my daily life nor affect it in anyway, but if I stop to think about it...it is a little unnerving. Specifically the uncertainty, obviously we want there to be an afterlife as it would mean we are essentially still "living" or conscious in the next life. But it troubles me to think of the alternative, there is nothing waiting...just ceasing to exist and truly expiring to nothingness. Endless unconsciousness without ever being able to experience thoughts, memories, etc.
this is me i can live life but the times i stop to actually think about life itself trips me out and this all started about 3 days before paul walker died and when he did it blew my mind even more.....watching someone do something i love/they love since i was a kid to not being able to see him anymore trips me out....the fact that i dont know what going to happen to me when im dead is the part i hate most i dont want to be sitting in box 6 feet under doing nothing for millions and millions and millions of years that simply pisses me off knowing that people are out in the world having fun doing whatever they want while im dead not even thinking or reminiscing the good times ive had

it sucks even more that im only 20 already thinking about this stuff....god im really gunna blow when i hit 60(only 40 years to go and times already flying by) the expression is real YOLO
92s13Widebody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 06:04 PM   #14
collegekid
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by feito View Post
qft. And there's no such thing as a soul, so there's nothing that sticks around or keeps on going after one dies... which reminds me, I was gonna post this on the paul walker thread, but i'll just post it here since it's kinda related. It sucks that it wasnt until his dead that a thread where everybody would admit their admiration for the guy and the impression his character had on our community to the point of changing our lives. I have always said it, u care for your loved ones, take them flowers right now when they're still alive, share a moment with them, u dont have to wait till they die, by then is too late, if u do it right now they will die knowing how much they were loved (that is if they dont die of als-heimer's disease, no joking here, recently had a love one go like that). Im sure it would've been nice for walker if we had somehow showed him how we feel about him, shame. Would we feel the same if it had been diesel? Mhhhh....

This right here. I completely agree with you sir.
Old 12-05-2013, 07:23 AM   #15
stevenrapids
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (7)
stevenrapids has a reputation beyond reputestevenrapids has a reputation beyond reputestevenrapids has a reputation beyond reputestevenrapids has a reputation beyond reputestevenrapids has a reputation beyond reputestevenrapids has a reputation beyond reputestevenrapids has a reputation beyond reputestevenrapids has a reputation beyond reputestevenrapids has a reputation beyond reputestevenrapids has a reputation beyond reputestevenrapids has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Ever thought about it as an ongoing dream? What if death is us just waking up to our real life, in another world, as a different life form? in the future? I believe our soul lives on. Our life right now is just another stop on the train.
Old 12-06-2013, 08:14 AM   #16
Driftwire
Zilvia Addict

Driftwire is an unknown quantity at this point
I think youll just be gone.. one day maybe be a completely different person in a different body all over again. Maybe 400 years after maybe 1 year after. Who knows. I have watched alot of the interviews of people who have been medically dead for some time and were revived and what they saw and felt. Different everytime.
Did you check the potato fuse located in the front right corner of your gas tank?
Quote:
Originally Posted by RB33 View Post
No i haven't. To be honest i didnt know there was a fuse there. Thats not a fuse for the fuel pump is it?
Driftwire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 08:06 PM   #17
J3123MY
BANNED

Those experiences are due to DMT being released at/near death.
Old 12-09-2013, 11:57 AM   #18
tiggertsi
Zilvia Member

tiggertsi is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by J3123MY View Post
Those experiences are due to DMT being released at/near death.
i think DMT being the CAUSE of NDE's is only a theory. though a very good one. personally i want to do DMT myself, but that's me.

as an aside one thing i always take mental note of is the amount of people who says things like "if i die" or variations thereof. there is no if on that experience there is only a when and it could literally be your next breath. i think about this alot, almost obsessed with it. but the amount of people who never think about it and run from it is staggering.
Old 12-09-2013, 12:42 PM   #19
conrad_s13.5
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (6)
conrad_s13.5 is making a name for him/her selfconrad_s13.5 is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
In 5th grade I flatlined, and was about 5seconds from being a vegetable. No crazy afterlife story here, no visions or dreams. Was just a two day long blink. In my bedroom - then a hospital bed. I need to have a constant reminder and maybe I'll quit taking each day for granted. Could not imagine not living every moment of life from then until now.

Its pretty shitty to think about, but the more you do the better I believe.

Just to think, you have no choice. Nothing you can do or say changes that moment when it comes. If you were in a horrible car accident that you had no control over, you quite possibly wouldnt even have the time to finish the word FUCK. No time to even regret how youve spent your days up until that time. If you were allowed one regret,.. itd probably be having regrets in the first place. You'd probably be pissed off at yourself for spending so much time worrying about death,. instead of just living while you were living

Knowing all that is possible, you do have to power to change how you spend your time right now.
Being terrified of death, and terrified to live,.. is no way to spend an existence
Old 12-09-2013, 09:28 PM   #20
S14kouki_10
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (7)
S14kouki_10 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Well said.
S14kouki_10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 01:25 AM   #21
240o'clock
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (31)
240o'clock is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 31 reviews
death will come. So live this life to the fullest and be there for your loved ones.
240o'clock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 07:44 AM   #22
tiggertsi
Zilvia Member

i really like buddhist philosophy on death and dying. i also like how buddhists generally incorporate contemplation of death into their daily lives. i do it all the time but probably not in the fashion as the buddhists do. once i had a very intimate encounter with my perceptions on mortality under the influence of a heroic dose of psilocybin. i'll never forget the experience, it was neither good nor bad but i particularly don't want to visit that meat locker in that state again. tho after having it, thinking of going to my grave without the experience would be like going to the grave without having sex, or laughing, or experiencing children and all other such things.

here is what i think is a good viewpoint on expounded by the dalai lama on death ...

DailyOM - Advice on Dying by Dalai Lama

very simple and yet profound.
Old 12-10-2013, 01:48 PM   #23
J3123MY
BANNED

Me and my friend were talking and he was saying how someone told him that you die twice. The first time when you stop biologically living and the second time when your name is spoken for the last time.
Old 12-19-2013, 03:52 PM   #24
nissanracer29
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (15)
nissanracer29 will become famous soon enoughnissanracer29 will become famous soon enoughnissanracer29 will become famous soon enoughnissanracer29 will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 15 reviews
I too have been thinking about death alot this year. Growing up you never think anything of it or I didnt at least. I lost my mom in April of this year. Having her squeeze my hand before she flat lined will stick with me until the day that I too pass away. I was brought up in the church and know that the soul returns to the ground and the sprit goes back up to God. However, its hard to really accept death let alone think about it. What about all the reports of ghosts and what not. Maybe if I were to experience a sighting I would be able to understand and have hope that there is an afterlife. I do know that we should all show the ones we care about what they really mean to us while they are still here.

Last edited by nissanracer29; 12-19-2013 at 09:33 PM..
nissanracer29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2013, 04:12 PM   #25
WheelWhore
Zilvia Addict

WheelWhore is not welcome here anymoreWheelWhore is not welcome here anymoreWheelWhore is not welcome here anymoreWheelWhore is not welcome here anymoreWheelWhore is not welcome here anymoreWheelWhore is not welcome here anymoreWheelWhore is not welcome here anymoreWheelWhore is not welcome here anymoreWheelWhore is not welcome here anymoreWheelWhore is not welcome here anymore
I too often think about death.

I just try and constantly remind myself, live no regrets. "Dont put off tomorrow what you can do today.."

What helps me get past the thought, think of all the really gnarly people who COULD be up in "heaven" or wherever, thats where you will be, if such a place exsists.

Worst case, you cease to exsist. Which is the hardest to swallow.
WheelWhore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 08:41 PM   #26
Frank_Jaeger
Zilvia FREAK!

Frank_Jaeger is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by smoked240 View Post
Damn. This is it tho.

LSD can be some scary shit sometimes. Look into ego deaths cause that's pretty much what happened to me. First time I had a complete reboot basically. Not some shit to be fuckin with.

Would enjoy a thumbprint or dmt trip once.

All I can say is live this life and to the fullest.
DMT yes, thumbprint no. A thumbprint is about equivalent to a breakthrough dose of DMT, but instead of lasting 5-10 minutes it lasts a couple days.

One changes you because you're reckoned with a reality more honest than this one (which you would then proceed to integrate back into the waking world), and the other changes you because you've significantly and permanently changed your neural functioning by introducing wayyyyy too many foreign chemicals into your brain lol.

I fear the process of dying more than I fear death. I also fear of what may lie behind the veil of this world, and if ever ends.
Frank_Jaeger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 08:16 PM   #27
word sux
Zilvia FREAK!

word sux is an unknown quantity at this point
personally I would prefer that it remains a mystery
word sux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 12:20 PM   #28
tiggertsi
Zilvia Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by word sux View Post
personally I would prefer that it remains a mystery
it will.

i am about to listen to terrance mckenna's last interview before his death, it should be interesting.
Old 01-24-2014, 12:37 PM   #29
heychris
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (20)
heychris has a spectacular aura aboutheychris has a spectacular aura aboutheychris has a spectacular aura aboutheychris has a spectacular aura aboutheychris has a spectacular aura aboutheychris has a spectacular aura about
Feedback Score: 20 reviews
So in the course of my career I have seen ALOT of regular people die....It has sometimes been freaky, sometimes serene...Mostly it has left me with a "death is final and inevitable" for all things so I no longer trip on it anymore...

Ch

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
heychris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2014, 08:17 AM   #30
Lidgsa

Lidgsa is an unknown quantity at this point
being released at/near death.
Lidgsa is offline   Reply With Quote