Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk > S Chassis

S Chassis Technical discussion related to the S Chassis such as the S12, S13, S14, and S15.

Old 06-21-2018, 03:23 PM   #1
EvLSpectre

Trader Rating: (0)
EvLSpectre is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
S13 Bricks replacement/retrofit

So like alot of people with the same issue, I got my RHD S13 with the original bricks from the Js. Problem is that the inside is very tarnished, and light out put is crap even on high.

Now my thoughts on replacement is either retrofitting mini H1 projectors in there with a H4/9003 relay harness, which I would think would work the best.

Or I could go with a 5x7 or 6x7 sealed light, but I have no clue how those would mount, or running dual LED bars that are 6"-7" with one set being spot and the other being flood, aimed pretty far down of course. And my last thought would be running the 95 sentra headlights and somehow aiming those.

Unless anyone knows someone who can rebuild the bricks in the NW Florida region.
EvLSpectre is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-21-2018, 03:27 PM   #2
nisileighty
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (4)
nisileighty is a glorious beacon of lightnisileighty is a glorious beacon of lightnisileighty is a glorious beacon of lightnisileighty is a glorious beacon of lightnisileighty is a glorious beacon of lightnisileighty is a glorious beacon of lightnisileighty is a glorious beacon of lightnisileighty is a glorious beacon of lightnisileighty is a glorious beacon of lightnisileighty is a glorious beacon of lightnisileighty is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
I just accepted the fact that they’re 30 years old and bound to be pretty shitty.
nisileighty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2018, 03:37 PM   #3
tuzzio
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
tuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
I retrofitted my bricks with morimoto h1's a few years ago and its the best thing I ever did. I can see pluto. Heres an old post before I finished them with the mini gattling gun shroud (which is the only shroud that will fit, and you'll still have to trim it)

http://zilvia.net/f/showpost.php?p=6...&postcount=793
tuzzio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2018, 03:51 PM   #4
EvLSpectre

Holy crap. That looks good. How hard was the retrofit? Just throw the bricks in the oven at like 200 for like a hour, pull her apart and then throw in the H1s with some trimming? And hell your inners look good too. I already had to run the harness from my right side to left because of some strange bug I could not trace so just used some bullet connections and 14ga.
Old 06-21-2018, 04:43 PM   #5
FaLKoN240
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: (73)
FaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 73 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by tuzzio View Post
I retrofitted my bricks with morimoto h1's a few years ago and its the best thing I ever did. I can see pluto. Heres an old post before I finished them with the mini gattling gun shroud (which is the only shroud that will fit, and you'll still have to trim it)

http://zilvia.net/f/showpost.php?p=6...&postcount=793
That does look pretty good and doesn't take too much away from the brick look.

Best way to do business with me? Make your best offer FIRST.
FaLKoN240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2018, 12:26 AM   #6
EvLSpectre

I think that was one of my big things. I love the look up the bricks, I am kinda meh on the dual and triple projectors
Old 06-22-2018, 08:14 AM   #7
tuzzio
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
tuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
I'd imagine if you threw any headlight in the oven for an hour, you'd be upset you had to buy new headlights. 15 minutes or so. Also, I'd recommend investing in the clear covers as well, or it would be a waste of a retrofit.

Honestly, It wasnt hard. It was my first one but its pretty simple. Take your time with the first one and the second light will be a cake walk. If you decided you don't want to take this on we could discuss me doing it for you for a decent price.

Heres 2 completed pictures from when I put the shrouds on.

Also, Falkon: its amazing how a few people have trashed me for "ruining" bricks. I ruined them and made them awesome. Bricks fucking blow for light output.
tuzzio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2018, 04:47 PM   #8
EvLSpectre

So throw them in the over at like 200 or whatever low setting it is, around 10-15 minutes. Rip the glass off. What was holding on the reflector shroud and such, how much did ya trim off? I know the retrofit kit comes with the motocontrol harness, ballast and amp thing. Guessing it was just plug and play save for trimming the reflector? The only thing I am wondering is the adapter for the block off plate on the high beams