Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Off Topic Chat

Off Topic Chat All non related chat goes here.

Old 07-29-2010, 09:42 AM   #1
Daniel.
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (0)
Daniel. is close to perfectionDaniel. is close to perfectionDaniel. is close to perfectionDaniel. is close to perfectionDaniel. is close to perfectionDaniel. is close to perfectionDaniel. is close to perfectionDaniel. is close to perfectionDaniel. is close to perfectionDaniel. is close to perfectionDaniel. is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Daniel.
The comprehensive and all inclusive Android thread

I'm gettin tired of seeing a new thread for every new Android device that gets released.

Android has really grown over the past few years since it's launch.

Discuss anything Android related in here.

The new Evo, Droid X, Galaxies, Streak, anything. Post your news, rumors, speculation, and etc all in this one thread.

If any of the mods wants, you can even combine any of the previous Android related threads into this one.
Old 07-29-2010, 11:19 AM   #2
ILoveMyRHS13
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (25)
ILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfectionILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfectionILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfectionILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfectionILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfectionILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfectionILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfectionILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfectionILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfectionILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfectionILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 25 reviews
Send a message via AIM to ILoveMyRHS13
Yay!

I've got the Captivate (Galaxy S) for AT&T. I love it to death... I just wish I could get 2.2 on it. 2.1 is pretty buggy on it. I can't change my text tone, and it won't connect to Windows 7 x64. Other than that, I love it. Huge screen, much better than the iPhone.
ILoveMyRHS13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2010, 12:07 PM   #3
Daniel.
Post Whore!

Daniel. is close to perfectionDaniel. is close to perfectionDaniel. is close to perfectionDaniel. is close to perfectionDaniel. is close to perfectionDaniel. is close to perfectionDaniel. is close to perfectionDaniel. is close to perfectionDaniel. is close to perfectionDaniel. is close to perfectionDaniel. is close to perfection
Try ringdroid to change your notification tones and to assign user specific rings. I haven't heard about any issues regarding connecting to x64 W7 yet. I'll try one here at work right now and let you know if I have issues.
Old 07-29-2010, 12:09 PM   #4
drift freaq
R.I.P. Aya, always love

Trader Rating: (215)
drift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 215 reviews
I am actually considering picking up a Galaxy Vibrant. T-Mobile blows ATT right out of the water here in Los Angeles. Oh and I hate ATT to begin with.

Oh and since I mentioned it in the other thread. HTC is going to be bringing out a Dual Core processor phone this fall. Its most likely going to be running the Intel Atom processor in a dual core low power configuration.

Oh and supposedly we should be getting the HTC Desire sometime very soon.

Oh and ya its not Android but rumour has it (MacGuru is the source) that T-Mobile execs and the parent company Duestche Telecom are 80% close to a deal with Apple for the Iphone on T-Mobile end of 3rd quarter this year.

New Video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uebV1OnbRsw
Buy my mounts!
http://zilvia.net/f/sale-items/51531...ns-mounts.html
http://zilvia.net/f/tech-talk/317539...e-mouts-6.html
drift freaq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2010, 12:25 PM   #5
ILoveMyRHS13
Post Whore!

ILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfectionILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfectionILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfectionILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfectionILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfectionILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfectionILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfectionILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfectionILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfectionILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfectionILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel. View Post
Try ringdroid to change your notification tones and to assign user specific rings. I haven't heard about any issues regarding connecting to x64 W7 yet. I'll try one here at work right now and let you know if I have issues.
I can change my notification noise but it only changes the email tone. The SMS tone remains the same.

As far as the W7 X64 goes, I plugged it into my computer the first day I got the phone and my computer wouldn't install the drivers or whatever. So I did a bit of Google searching and a couple of people that reviewed the problem said they had the same problem.
Old 07-29-2010, 01:00 PM   #6
Daniel.
Post Whore!

Like I said, try Ringdroid. It will take care of all your custom ring needs.
Old 07-29-2010, 04:05 PM   #7
FaLKoN240
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: (73)
FaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 73 reviews
Daniel I have 3G and I'm not impressed by the 4g iPhone.

Wat can I get on AT&T? Halplz.

Best way to do business with me? Make your best offer FIRST.
FaLKoN240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2010, 04:17 PM   #8
rhyderofthastorm
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (1)
rhyderofthastorm is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to rhyderofthastorm
EVO 4G Android Development - xda-developers

for those of you with Sprint's Evo, this site can help you root your phone and depending on the rom you decide on, can possibly double battery life and improve overall speed. The link is specific to the Evo, but the site itself has a plethora of information and mod guides for Android and Windows Mobile based phones. So if you don't mind getting technical, enjoy! just remember to follow everything to the T, because if you fuck up, you could brick your phone and void your warranty.
Old 07-29-2010, 04:24 PM   #9
drift freaq
R.I.P. Aya, always love

Trader Rating: (215)
drift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 215 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by FaLKoN240 View Post
Daniel I have 3G and I'm not impressed by the 4g iPhone.

Wat can I get on AT&T? Halplz.
Scott I would say drop AT&T. LOL but yeah look at the Galaxy S line of phones from Samsung. They have the Captivate on ATT and the Vibrant on T mobile and and a slider qwerty coming out on Sprint. Not sure what the Verizon variant is going to be like but under the hood they are all the same, just different bodies.

New Video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uebV1OnbRsw
Buy my mounts!
http://zilvia.net/f/sale-items/51531...ns-mounts.html
http://zilvia.net/f/tech-talk/317539...e-mouts-6.html
drift freaq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2010, 04:33 PM   #10
Kougeki
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (3)
Kougeki has a reputation beyond reputeKougeki has a reputation beyond reputeKougeki has a reputation beyond reputeKougeki has a reputation beyond reputeKougeki has a reputation beyond reputeKougeki has a reputation beyond reputeKougeki has a reputation beyond reputeKougeki has a reputation beyond reputeKougeki has a reputation beyond reputeKougeki has a reputation beyond reputeKougeki has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Kougeki Send a message via MSN to Kougeki Send a message via Yahoo to Kougeki
Quote:
Originally Posted by ILoveMyRHS13 View Post
I can change my notification noise but it only changes the email tone. The SMS tone remains the same.

As far as the W7 X64 goes, I plugged it into my computer the first day I got the phone and my computer wouldn't install the drivers or whatever. So I did a bit of Google searching and a couple of people that reviewed the problem said they had the same problem.
I think Handcent lets you choose from the Android system or from your music folder.

Gamertag:XxChumbawumbaxX
Kougeki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2010, 04:39 PM   #11
FaLKoN240
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: (73)
FaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 73 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by drift freaq View Post
Scott I would say drop AT&T. LOL but yeah look at the Galaxy S line of phones from Samsung. They have the Captivate on ATT and the Vibrant on T mobile and and a slider qwerty coming out on Sprint. Not sure what the Verizon variant is going to be like but under the hood they are all the same, just different bodies.
Everything but AT&T has shitty service at my house -_-

Best way to do business with me? Make your best offer FIRST.
FaLKoN240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2010, 08:01 AM   #12
ZenkiKid
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (9)
ZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Im running 2.2. froyo on my g1 thanks to cyanogen. Runs a hell of a lot faster and more battery efficient than 2.1 flan
ZenkiKid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2010, 08:40 AM   #13
slideslidegnarslide
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (29)
slideslidegnarslide is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 29 reviews
idk know about you guys but i know that the driod soft ware sucks. its laggy and glitchy all the time. if your not constantly on top of deletiing everything these phones become a bag of shit. dont get me wrong i love my droid(slider guy with key board) but i hate the program i phones never are laggy and are smooth where as mine and every one elses sucks. even with task killer pro the one you pay for it still sucks

just my opionion im very disapiionted and i wish i woulda bought the iphone
slideslidegnarslide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2010, 09:39 AM   #14
Daniel.
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by slideslidegnarslide View Post
idk know about you guys but i know that the driod soft ware sucks. its laggy and glitchy all the time. if your not constantly on top of deletiing everything these phones become a bag of shit. dont get me wrong i love my droid(slider guy with key board) but i hate the program i phones never are laggy and are smooth where as mine and every one elses sucks. even with task killer pro the one you pay for it still sucks

just my opionion im very disapiionted and i wish i woulda bought the iphone
How many aps are you running at once, and what kind of glitches are you experiencing? What kind of things do you need to delete constantly to prevent the phone from becoming a bag of shit?

Are you 100% certain that iPhones (I'll assume you mean the iPhone4 and not any of the older ones here) don't experience similar slowdowns and delays between command executions?
Old 07-30-2010, 10:38 AM   #15
ILoveMyRHS13
Post Whore!

Don't forget to delete the cache that the apps build up. Hell, my Photobucket app had 7MB of cache in only a week of use.
Old 07-30-2010, 10:52 AM   #16
slideslidegnarslide
Zilvia FREAK!

just extreeemly slow like if im away from my home screen and i push home it takes about 20 seconds of black screen every time i live with my friend who has the iphone and it never messes up i hate him for it he rubs it in my face every day lol
Old 07-30-2010, 11:41 AM   #17
Daniel.
Post Whore!

Quote:
just extreeemly slow like if im away from my home screen and i push home it takes about 20 seconds of black screen every time i live with my friend who has the iphone and it never messes up i hate him for it he rubs it in my face every day lol
Obviously you're exaggerating. Nothing should take 20 seconds to accomplish. If it does, you're doing something wrong or you need to do a warranty exchange asap.
Old 07-30-2010, 12:52 PM   #18
ILoveMyRHS13
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel. View Post
\I haven't heard about any issues regarding connecting to x64 W7 yet. I'll try one here at work right now and let you know if I have issues.
Any info on this? Mine still won't connect.
Old 07-30-2010, 02:03 PM   #19
sub9lulu
Zilvia Junkie

sub9lulu is making his/her stupidity well-knownsub9lulu is making his/her stupidity well-knownsub9lulu is making his/her stupidity well-knownsub9lulu is making his/her stupidity well-known
Quote:
root it
load a custom rom on it and u can rub it in his face
sub9lulu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2010, 02:36 PM   #20
K_style
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (63)
K_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 63 reviews
My ancient iPhone (un-locked) failed on my yesterday... it stopped turning on...
so I am going to try out Samsung Vibrant.. T-mobile said I have 14days to try with no charge...
I will post my opinion of Vibrant after try out !!
K_style is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2010, 09:30 AM   #21
TurboSE
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (15)
TurboSE is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 15 reviews
Motorola Droid...any opinions? I have an EnV Touch now and hate it, but I want a fold/slide QWERTY on Verizon.
Old 07-31-2010, 11:57 AM   #22
Somnambulist
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (5)
Somnambulist is close to perfectionSomnambulist is close to perfectionSomnambulist is close to perfectionSomnambulist is close to perfectionSomnambulist is close to perfectionSomnambulist is close to perfectionSomnambulist is close to perfectionSomnambulist is close to perfectionSomnambulist is close to perfectionSomnambulist is close to perfectionSomnambulist is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Somnambulist
Quote:
Originally Posted by TurboSE View Post
Motorola Droid...any opinions? I have an EnV Touch now and hate it, but I want a fold/slide QWERTY on Verizon.
Good phone. Know plenty of people that have it.
Wait a couple weeks for the Droid2 to come out. Should be shipping with Froyo 2.2 which improves on 2.1 a LOT.

I'm waiting for my Droid X to come in. Two week backorder.

Also Froyo 2.2 should be coming to the Evo 4G officially tomorrow. I believe I read somewhere it was available now, but Sprint won't officially push the upgrade until tomorrow.

Yeah here it is.
HTC EVO 4G to Receive Feature-Packed Android 2.2 Update Starting Tomorrow | Android Phone Fans
Somnambulist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010, 03:14 PM   #23
Kaizen.
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (10)
Kaizen. is not welcome here anymoreKaizen. is not welcome here anymoreKaizen. is not welcome here anymoreKaizen. is not welcome here anymoreKaizen. is not welcome here anymoreKaizen. is not welcome here anymoreKaizen. is not welcome here anymoreKaizen. is not welcome here anymoreKaizen. is not welcome here anymoreKaizen. is not welcome here anymoreKaizen. is not welcome here anymore
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Phones Owned.
HTC G1 - Blackberry 9700 - HTC HD2 - iPhone 4 - Samsung Vibrant.

Currently running the Vibrant and I'll have to say its the best one yet. The only issue I had was the GPS on it, it was giving me wrong "MyLocations" but after I did a lil research and tweaking it now works perfect. I heard tmobile is suppose to send an update to fix the issue but if you want it fixed asap click the link below. Also no flash and indicator light, other than that I think this is a wonderful phone. Camera/Video is amazing on the Amoled screen. Best graphics ive seen so far on any phone. Very fast, lightweight, beautiful screen, Android, and 4inch screen, best phone out for Tmobile for sure.

Samsung Vibrant GPS fix= T-Mobile Samsung Vibrant (Galaxy S) GPS fix

Top Phones on my list as of today.
At&t= Samsung Captivate
Tmobile= Samsung Vibrant
Verizon= Moto Droid / HTC Incredible / Droid X
Sprint= HTC Evo

Kaizen. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 06:46 AM   #24
SimpleS14
Post Whore!

SimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfection
I've decided to drop my BB Tour and ordered up a Droid X.

VZW is doing a promotion until Aug. 31, where you can upgrade early to any 3G smartphone. Given that my renew date wasn't up until March 2011, I jumped on this promotion. Now I just have to wait since the phone is on backorder :\

Look forward to trying out some apps, especially Chrome to Phone once Froyo is out for the Droid X.
Old 08-05-2010, 07:50 AM   #25
ZenkiKid
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (9)
ZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
just an FYI Froyo is very kick ass in the battery efficiency department
ZenkiKid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 08:52 AM   #26
DALAZ_68
not giving a fuck

Trader Rating: (104)
DALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 104 reviews
Send a message via AIM to DALAZ_68 Send a message via Yahoo to DALAZ_68
Droid2 release has been moved from Aug23 to Aug12...7 more days!!!!!

CLUB LEXUS : Wh0pp3r
DALAZ_68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 09:21 AM   #27
slideslidegnarslide
Zilvia FREAK!

I took your advice and got a new one it's ok it's slowly getting slow again thing is I have slot of music on it so maybe that's the problem
Old 08-05-2010, 10:10 AM   #28
punxva
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (31)
punxva is close to perfectionpunxva is close to perfectionpunxva is close to perfectionpunxva is close to perfectionpunxva is close to perfectionpunxva is close to perfectionpunxva is close to perfectionpunxva is close to perfectionpunxva is close to perfectionpunxva is close to perfectionpunxva is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 31 reviews
Send a message via AIM to punxva
the only thing i am not a fan of is not being able to clear the cache of the dialer storage, i had to reset my phone the other day (Droid) because i couldn't receive any text messages since my phone storage was too low. I cleared all my apps (all 4 of them) and still only had 22mb of storage. So i looked into it, and found the only way to clear it is reset.
not sure if you realize this

but when you knockup that skanky drunk sea donkey, you're gonna have to listen to her shit for the rest of your life

age 33 and you dont know your ass from your elbow

punxva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 11:50 AM   #29
DALAZ_68
not giving a fuck

Trader Rating: (104)
DALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 104 reviews
Send a message via AIM to DALAZ_68 Send a message via Yahoo to DALAZ_68
Quote:
Originally Posted by punxva View Post
the only thing i am not a fan of is not being able to clear the cache of the dialer storage, i had to reset my phone the other day (Droid) because i couldn't receive any text messages since my phone storage was too low. I cleared all my apps (all 4 of them) and still only had 22mb of storage. So i looked into it, and found the only way to clear it is reset.
Hard reset i assume? or soft reset?

CLUB LEXUS : Wh0pp3r
DALAZ_68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 12:03 PM   #30
ILoveMyRHS13
Post Whore!

I finally figured out how to change my text tone, hahah. I'm happy now.

Now if only I could get a 2.2 update... 2.1 is annoyingly buggy.