Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Marketplace > Wanted to Buy

Wanted to Buy Post your needs and wants here.

Old 11-22-2017, 07:43 AM   #1
tb13
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (3)
tb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
WTB: A bunch of SR20 valve guides

Looking for some SR20DET valve guides that I can use to do a dual guide setup on my motor, if you've got some HMU!
Old 11-22-2017, 08:17 AM   #2
RalliartRsX
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (32)
RalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 32 reviews
Al this work it would be cheaper to just go VE head
RalliartRsX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2017, 08:21 AM   #3
tb13
Zilvia Addict

tb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by RalliartRsX View Post
Al this work it would be cheaper to just go VE head
Ahaha no way, I'll make the most of this setup and maybe do a VE head swap in the future when I know my bottom end is solid.
Old 11-22-2017, 08:22 AM   #4
hanzbrady
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (4)
hanzbrady has a spectacular aura abouthanzbrady has a spectacular aura abouthanzbrady has a spectacular aura abouthanzbrady has a spectacular aura abouthanzbrady has a spectacular aura abouthanzbrady has a spectacular aura about
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Just a word of advise, your title is incorrect a valve guide is the bronze sleeve that's inserted into the runners that supports the valve stem.

This thread would probably go quicker if you re posted it asking for "rocker guides" Also when I did this for my SR I just got 8 new guides from the dealer for $48.00.
Old 11-22-2017, 08:26 AM   #5
tb13
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by hanzbrady View Post
Just a word of advise, your title is incorrect a valve guide is the bronze sleeve that's inserted into the runners that supports the valve stem.

This thread would probably go quicker if you re posted it asking for "rocker guides" Also when I did this for my SR I just got 8 new guides from the dealer for $48.00.
Too late to change it now, but you're right. I'll grab new if I can't just get some used for cheap. Wouldn't mind having a few extra regardless.
Old 11-22-2017, 08:30 AM   #6
RalliartRsX
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (32)
RalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 32 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by tb13 View Post
Too late to change it now, but you're right. I'll grab new if I can't just get some used for cheap. Wouldn't mind having a few extra regardless.
If you are taking this to be done at a machine shop, they should have plenty of "blank" rocker guides. May be worth a shop to ask
RalliartRsX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2017, 08:48 AM   #7
tb13
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by RalliartRsX View Post
If you are taking this to be done at a machine shop, they should have plenty of "blank" rocker guides. May be worth a shop to ask
Naw, I've got the tools to do it myself, gotta save that cash for the cool stuff
Old 11-22-2017, 09:00 AM   #8
ElenGail

Trader Rating: (0)
ElenGail is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Just go VET...

Sent from my LGMS210 using Tapatalk
ElenGail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2017, 09:18 AM   #9
tb13
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElenGail View Post
Just go VET...

Sent from my LGMS210 using Tapatalk
No reason for me to go VE right now. I've got a fully built, ported and polished S13 head that would go to waste if I went VE.

Also, this is WTB not discussion, I don't want to get in trouble for posting here too much.
Old 11-22-2017, 10:48 AM   #10
TheRealSy90
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (10)
TheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
I say go grab some out of an sr20 sentra at your local salvage yard.
TheRealSy90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2017, 12:32 PM   #11
JC831
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (7)
JC831 is making a name for him/her selfJC831 is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
I have a set out of a sr. Text me 831-392-5186
JC831 is offline   Reply With Quote