Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk > S Chassis

S Chassis Technical discussion related to the S Chassis such as the S12, S13, S14, and S15.

Old 07-08-2014, 04:49 PM   #1
meanz

Trader Rating: (0)
meanz is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Obd2 engine into Obd1

Kinda new to the 240 so don't bash me to bad. Ive tried searching all over the place to see what works and what doesn't. I bought my 92 240 with a
ka24de in it. From looking around I'm kinda sure its from from a s14 and
obd1. Now about a month ago I had to leave the car at friends house because the bottom end is knocking really bad. The car is in Virginia and I live in South Carolina so actually going out to my car to look at things is kinda impossible.

From my gatherings, obd1 s14s were from 1994- half of 95..I may be wrong. I didn't pay to much attention to what exactly I have in my 240 cause I was just interested in using it for work. dumb on my part for not actually giving a hell what i have cause now im stuck without my daily.

Now my question is, if I buy an engine say, 1996 obd2, what do I need to make this work in my 240? ECM and harness? I basically just want to swap another engine in and drive It back to south Carolina. Or could I just grab a
ka24de out of a s13 and call it a day? Any help is appreciated.

meanz is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-09-2014, 02:50 PM   #2
Rayne
Zilvia Addict

Rayne is close to perfectionRayne is close to perfectionRayne is close to perfectionRayne is close to perfectionRayne is close to perfectionRayne is close to perfectionRayne is close to perfectionRayne is close to perfectionRayne is close to perfectionRayne is close to perfectionRayne is close to perfection
OBD1 and OBD2 is a matter of how clean the engine exhaust aught to be for the year a specific car was made.

An S14 KA24DE engine will swap into an S13 that had a KA24DE without you needing to worry about OBD2 compliance.
Rayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2014, 05:48 PM   #3
The Saint
Leaky Injector

The Saint is an unknown quantity at this point
If you can afford an OBD1 KA24de, then play it safe.
I am stuck with an OBD2 swap into an OBD1 and am catching Hell.
If I knew that I had a OBD2, I would have just searched till I found the right engine.
The info on all the differences is scattered across many forums and not made into any organized "sticky"
The Saint is offline   Reply With Quote