Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Marketplace > Reviews Forum > Businesses

Businesses Review your dealings with commercial entities here. Remember: Fair and objective. Flaming, accusations, and complaints are not allowed. Zilvia is not a grievance forum.

Old 08-20-2013, 11:52 PM   #1
Memberofthe600hpkaclub
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (17)
Memberofthe600hpkaclub is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
Jordan Innovations

I bought a harness second-hand, but never used. It didn't work correctly to my knowledge, so i contacted GSXRJJordan of Jordan Innovations about looking over it. He agreed, and i sent it to him. And after the post office "lost it" for a month, he received it on April 22.

And now it has been so long i cant afford to wait for it. I need it back and Im willing to try to fix it myself. Ive spent alot of money getting my car to run without this harness because Ive waited so long and I need my car.

He has ignored my request to just send it back as is. He says he wont, but then tells me he doesnt know when he can look at it because theyre too busy at the moment. Understandable, but if theyre too busy, he should just send it back. Ive offered to pay for shipping back to me. And now he's just ignoring me.

I appreciate his original offer to look at the harness when i didnt directly buy it from them, but this has put me in a very bad position and he wont cooperate lately.

I emailed him from my wifes email, and he responded immediately, but once i told him who it was, he started ignoring me again.

I havent emailed him excessively or have been a pest. Ive given him 4 months.

This is our original conversation:

This is him telling me he wont send it back without looking at it:

This is my message to him requesting for it back.

All I would like is my harness back, working or not.
Attached Images
File Type: png Capture2.PNG (172.0 KB, 955 views)
File Type: png Capture3.PNG (158.3 KB, 947 views)
File Type: png Capture4.PNG (59.6 KB, 907 views)

Last edited by Memberofthe600hpkaclub; 08-21-2013 at 09:29 AM..
Memberofthe600hpkaclub is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-21-2013, 02:40 AM   #2
1slicktwo4oh
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (45)
1slicktwo4oh is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 45 reviews
That sucks....they are usually very good at customer service...purchased a few items from them w/ no issu es..gl hope it works out...
1slicktwo4oh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 08:10 AM   #3
BlewByYou
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (10)
BlewByYou is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Since March? That's unacceptable.

I've always seen good work from him, as far as ignoring people i've seen it happen a few times. Whether you're blowing him up or not, You as a customer needs to be updated frequently hands down.

Hope ur issue is resolved within a timely manner now!
BlewByYou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 08:48 AM   #4
MADE
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (1)
MADE has a brilliant futureMADE has a brilliant futureMADE has a brilliant futureMADE has a brilliant futureMADE has a brilliant futureMADE has a brilliant futureMADE has a brilliant futureMADE has a brilliant futureMADE has a brilliant futureMADE has a brilliant futureMADE has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Not understanding how he "is not going to send it back until it's pinned out first".

Regardless of the manufacturer he doesn't own it, and the owner needs it back.

I understand he wants to ensure something he made is good to go but this isn't the way to go about it especially since it's backlogged.

When you run a business your customers are important, so answering questions no matter how time consuming or annoying is important.
Old 08-21-2013, 08:55 AM   #5
S14 Ender
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
S14 Ender is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
If I was him I'd send you a new one and offer you more products, keep you happy. You'd be more likely to come back and possibly buy something from him.
S14 Ender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 09:22 AM   #6
sidewaysil80
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (23)
sidewaysil80 is a name known to allsidewaysil80 is a name known to allsidewaysil80 is a name known to allsidewaysil80 is a name known to allsidewaysil80 is a name known to allsidewaysil80 is a name known to allsidewaysil80 is a name known to allsidewaysil80 is a name known to allsidewaysil80 is a name known to allsidewaysil80 is a name known to allsidewaysil80 is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
Yeah, since March is nuts. I think you did the right thing by "blowing him up" and giving him the opportunity to rectify the situation before taking it to the public forum. The bottom line is your the customer, it's your property, you want it back he sends it back...no questions asked simple as that. Do what every other reputable craftsman or tradesman does when they are backed up...stop taking more work until you cleared your backlog.
sidewaysil80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 09:23 AM   #7
BlewByYou
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (10)
BlewByYou is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Hopefully this was all just a misunderstanding and may have forgot about it but im pretty sure Jordan will make it right none the less bud..
BlewByYou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 10:41 AM   #8
koukimuncher
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (29)
koukimuncher is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 29 reviews
My friend has been waiting long enough because this harness I'm still wondering why he hasn't responded to this thread about him but he has the time to browse around Zilvia I'm not trying to be disrespectful to Jordan but this is ridicoulous IMO
koukimuncher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 11:10 AM   #9
Om1kron
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (15)
Om1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 15 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by koukimuncher View Post
My friend has been waiting long enough because this harness I'm still wondering why he hasn't responded to this thread about him but he has the time to browse around Zilvia I'm not trying to be disrespectful to Jordan but this is ridicoulous IMO
Jeff has an employee who handles his accounts on zilvia during the day to sell items, if jeff is actually ever on himself it's normally around 2-3am when he gets home from the shop.

I'm not trying to put the guys business out there either. But I don't know many guys running a shop themselves getting a million questions about things while trying to do work. While having business drive up, 3-5 cars in his face he's working on and trying to manage 1 helper, and 1 guy doing customer service.

enjuku, frsport, touge factory, etc have MULTIPLE employee's that can sit around and answer questions all day. This is not that shop, and if you've paid in full for the work already aside from just sending him something with a blank invoice.

I'd imagine turn around time would reflect such.
Old 08-22-2013, 11:24 AM   #10
95_S14
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (108)
95_S14 has a brilliant future95_S14 has a brilliant future95_S14 has a brilliant future95_S14 has a brilliant future95_S14 has a brilliant future95_S14 has a brilliant future95_S14 has a brilliant future95_S14 has a brilliant future95_S14 has a brilliant future95_S14 has a brilliant future95_S14 has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 108 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by S14 Ender View Post
If I was him I'd send you a new one and offer you more products, keep you happy. You'd be more likely to come back and possibly buy something from him.
Why would he send him and new one ? He didn't even buy it off Jeff someone else did , yes Jeff should send it back but giving him a new one free lol idk what's in the water in Florida but it seem most of you guys over there are smoking crack
Old 08-22-2013, 12:31 PM   #11
scottie
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (11)
scottie is just really nicescottie is just really nicescottie is just really nicescottie is just really nicescottie is just really nicescottie is just really nicescottie is just really nicescottie is just really nicescottie is just really nice
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
You've waited 4 months?!? Boo-freakin-Hoo.
scottie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 12:55 PM   #12
S14 Ender
Leaky Injector

S14 Ender is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by 95_S14 View Post
Why would he send him and new one ? He didn't even buy it off Jeff someone else did , yes Jeff should send it back but giving him a new one free lol idk what's in the water in Florida but it seem most of you guys over there are smoking crack
He already has the broken harness which he doesn't have time to fix and send back. Why not save yourself a headache and your reputation by sending a new one and then salvage the old one later? Seems smarter.
S14 Ender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 01:18 PM   #13
95_S14
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (108)
95_S14 has a brilliant future95_S14 has a brilliant future95_S14 has a brilliant future95_S14 has a brilliant future95_S14 has a brilliant future95_S14 has a brilliant future95_S14 has a brilliant future95_S14 has a brilliant future95_S14 has a brilliant future95_S14 has a brilliant future95_S14 has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 108 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by S14 Ender View Post
He already has the broken harness which he doesn't have time to fix and send back. Why not save yourself a headache and your reputation by sending a new one and then salvage the old one later? Seems smarter.
He makes everything to order is isn't autozone with lifetime free replacement , if you got it new from Jeff and it didn't work that's one thing but he didn't , it's 2nd hand so who know a what the guy before did of didn't do

Last edited by 95_S14; 05-18-2014 at 07:29 PM..
95_S14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 01:42 PM   #14
EDacIouSX
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (53)
EDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 53 reviews
Send a message via ICQ to EDacIouSX Send a message via AIM to EDacIouSX Send a message via MSN to EDacIouSX Send a message via Yahoo to EDacIouSX
Why would you even buy a "defective" harness in the first place? I wouldn't want to take anything back w/o a receipt, ESPECIALLY from someone who wasn't the original purchaser.

Yea, maybe it sucks that you have to wait for it but if I was him I would have said no to begin with.
EDacIouSX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 02:50 PM   #15
Memberofthe600hpkaclub
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by EDacIouSX View Post
Why would you even buy a "defective" harness in the first place? I wouldn't want to take anything back w/o a receipt, ESPECIALLY from someone who wasn't the original purchaser.

Yea, maybe it sucks that you have to wait for it but if I was him I would have said no to begin with.
The harness was sold in new/unused condition. And believe me it looked the part. Harness was very well made and had never been touched since being built. And I bought it directly from the guy that he made it for as he went with another set up.

And I'm not concerned with the "4 months" as much as I am with the complete disregard and ignoring I have been getting. And if your car had been completely done for 4 months you would be slightly mad at that being the only thing holding you back as well.

And like I said I am fully understanding that he is a busy man and being I didnt buy directly I'm low on the totem pole. Which is why I simply would lime it sent back as is. And I have no problem paying shipping with insurance and a little extra for hastle.
Old 08-22-2013, 04:33 PM   #16
g14novak
Zilvia Member

g14novak is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Memberofthe600hpkaclub View Post
The harness was sold in new/unused condition. And believe me it looked the part. Harness was very well made and had never been touched since being built. And I bought it directly from the guy that he made it for as he went with another set up.

And I'm not concerned with the "4 months" as much as I am with the complete disregard and ignoring I have been getting. And if your car had been completely done for 4 months you would be slightly mad at that being the only thing holding you back as well.

And like I said I am fully understanding that he is a busy man and being I didnt buy directly I'm low on the totem pole. Which is why I simply would lime it sent back as is. And I have no problem paying shipping with insurance and a little extra for hastle.
It seems like you're being taken for a ride by everyone involved. The seller of the harness made you feel that it was in "new" condition, or at least he assumed so. The manufacturer is just too busy for his own good to repair your unit which is unfortunate since it seems like it is a defective harness that he just doesn't want to deal with.

I'd agree with what was said earlier regarding a new harness. Sure, they cost $700 from the factory, but that's because you pay for the labor involved to wrap it. No automotive harness is made by machine, OEM or aftermarket. Every single one is made by hand. It would cost him pennies on the dollar and tons of headache to just send you out another rebuilt harness.

I suggest sending him a strongly-officially worded letter in the mail. Usually when businesses receive letters from what they think is legal officials, the issue ends up getting bumped up in priority.

I don't know anything about his individual shop, but it seems like he just is too busy for his own good. 1 helper and 1 customer service rep, yet hes the one still replying to you personally? Then what is his customer service rep doing? How come the helper hasn't looked into it yet? It takes about 15 minutes to compare a pin-out on a piece of paper to a physical plug. Maybe 30 if the person has never seen an engine harness before.

I don't understand what the hold up is. I wish you best of luck resolving your issue.
g14novak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 05:16 PM   #17
Memberofthe600hpkaclub
Zilvia FREAK!

I don't understand either. However being a mil spec harness its not a simple pin check.

Here is a pic with the original pin sheet I received with it
Old 08-22-2013, 06:50 PM   #18
g14novak
Zilvia Member

g14novak is an unknown quantity at this point
Mil spec, Aircraft spec, extended for RHD, its all the same. Theirs a wire color and the pin it should match. If its a real professional job, it'll also tell what the wire controls.

Org/Blk -> Pin 1A -> TPS
Blu/Grn -> Pin 1B -> Coil trigger
etc, etc, etc...

Even if he custom built every harness with new wiring and plugs, theirs no way it should take 4 months. He easily could have assembled another unit for you in that time. It seems to me that because he has already collected money for the unit, it has no priority to him.

I would highly recommend sending over a strongly worded letter. Nothing like your going to call the BBB or have OSHA come by his shop. Thats going to get your harness put in a trash can and you forgotten about.

Just stuff like you heard his reputation as a shop owner and automotive mechanic was above par which is why you chose to deal with him in the first place. Being blown off and put on the back burner for people that have money in hand is a dirty business tactic. You'll make sure to relay the information to anyone looking to have service done to their harness post purchase. Shops heavily rely on return business.

Real honest business owners should always be willing to do what the customer wants. Always remember, people eat with their ears and eyes. Places like automotive shops rely on word of mouth to spread information about their shop.
g14novak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 10:24 PM   #19
koukimuncher
Zilvia Addict

Still no response from him this is a calamity the man needs his project finish and this is holding him back =[
Old 08-23-2013, 03:52 AM   #20
MADE
Zilvia Addict

MADE has a brilliant futureMADE has a brilliant futureMADE has a brilliant futureMADE has a brilliant futureMADE has a brilliant futureMADE has a brilliant futureMADE has a brilliant futureMADE has a brilliant futureMADE has a brilliant futureMADE has a brilliant futureMADE has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottie View Post
You've waited 4 months?!? Boo-freakin-Hoo.
Why would anyone besides a fucking idiot want to wait that long for someone to check something without prior establishing the backlog?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Memberofthe600hpkaclub View Post
I don't understand either. However being a mil spec harness its not a simple pin check.

Here is a pic with the original pin sheet I received with it
Why not?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Om1kron View Post
Jeff has an employee who handles his accounts on zilvia during the day to sell items, if jeff is actually ever on himself it's normally around 2-3am when he gets home from the shop.

I'm not trying to put the guys business out there either. But I don't know many guys running a shop themselves getting a million questions about things while trying to do work. While having business drive up, 3-5 cars in his face he's working on and trying to manage 1 helper, and 1 guy doing customer service.

I'd imagine turn around time would reflect such.
No excuse I dealt with many shops who were undermanned and had no issues.

I don't know Jordan but from what I seen in the past he does good work and seemed to be a good guy but this is crap. Hopefully he is not using that to justify his actions. Hopefully it gets sorted out.
Old 08-23-2013, 04:15 AM   #21
nism014
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (14)
nism014 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
no surprises here. Jeff Jordan "aka the scam artist" was selling heim joints some years back. He fukin guaranteed "in stock" blah blah blah, after ONE YEAR of waiting for my heims and sending him MULTIPLE PAYMENTS to satisfy his "problems" and manufacturing troubles and pathetic excuse, I finally gave up and tried to cut my loses short.

I got my arms back, some joints that didn't fit and just said "f@ck it".

Screw that guy and his company, I really hope that one day he rips off the wrong guy and gets lit up.

I don't even want to reply to his emails begging for forgiveness....or trying to cut a deal.

When you email a BUSINESS owner and HE tells you that "yes I can do this for you for this much $$$" then you expect to be delivered the goods/services you are paying for REGARDLESS!!! If he can't hold true to his words then he has NO F@CKING RIGHTS making promises.

that is NOT what these guys are doing. They just take your money and give you excuses...
nism014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 04:20 AM   #22
nism014
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (14)
nism014 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
here, go add more sh!t stain to his business on his personal review page:
http://zilvia.net/f/private-sellers/...xrjjordan.html
nism014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 08:00 AM   #23
scottie
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (11)
scottie is just really nicescottie is just really nicescottie is just really nicescottie is just really nicescottie is just really nicescottie is just really nicescottie is just really nicescottie is just really nicescottie is just really nice
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by MADE View Post
Why would anyone besides a fucking idiot want to wait that long for someone to check something without prior establishing the backlog?
I kid man. He has had my engine harness well over a year. 4 Months is nothing.
scottie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 08:11 AM   #24
MADE
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottie View Post
I kid man. He has had my engine harness well over a year. 4 Months is nothing.
Kinda thought so need a sarcasm smilie.
Old 08-23-2013, 10:54 AM   #25
Memberofthe600hpkaclub
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nism014 View Post
here, go add more sh!t stain to his business on his personal review page:
http://zilvia.net/f/private-sellers/...xrjjordan.html
I don't want to slander the man or his business. Everything I've seen from him looks amazing.

End of the day I just wanted to do the right thing and send it to the man that built it to be fixed.

He could at least have enough dignity to respond to this thread that he has almost assuredly looked at.

Not asking for anything free, and even told him I'm willing to pay for the service and If he can't fit me in send it back. Would only take 30min to a hour to box it and ship it if he had to take it up there. And of course I would pay for that as well.
Old 08-24-2013, 10:01 AM   #26
koukimuncher
Zilvia Addict

Did this problem ever get solved?
Old 08-24-2013, 02:37 PM   #27
Memberofthe600hpkaclub
Zilvia FREAK!

No still no response or anything from him
Old 08-25-2013, 05:00 AM   #28
Memberofthe600hpkaclub
Zilvia FREAK!

Come on Jeff I'm not being a dick or saying a single bad word about you I just really wanna drive my car. Is they any other greater feeling for a fellow car enthusiast? Help me drive this thing its taken me 6 years to build on a minuscule budget
Old 08-25-2013, 06:32 PM   #29
mogli9000
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (68)
mogli9000 will become famous soon enoughmogli9000 will become famous soon enoughmogli9000 will become famous soon enoughmogli9000 will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 68 reviews
This is all coming from personal experiences. I am unaware of Jeff's situation, but from what I've been reading. This is what I believe is to be true.

I can only assume.

Its hard as fuck running a small business.

I can assume that Jeff has to pay about $3,500-4,500 just in expenses to pay the bills Monthly. That includes gas, paperwork, city fees, tax, rent, electricity, insurance, car payments, and whatever else that keeps someone alive in society.

Not only do you over work yourself, run into land mines that push you farther back, bite more than you can chew, and become over zealous on making anything work. Mind yourself, this is all being done by one person. No trusted partners who can work equally as good as you. One man who has to do everything to run a business and pay his bills.

Jeff isn't a 10 year business. He is a new small business with minimal business experience. Shit happens.

He has talent, but more than talent can't run a business. Its difficult to maintain a 100 hour plus work week working for 5-6 bucks an hour as the owner. Shit is hard as fuck when you first start out.

That's not including finding workers that actually give two fucks about their own work and your company.

Also add daily, weekly, and monthly paperwork and accountant work. Small business owners don't have cash to have someone else do that for them. Its all done by hand and on paper by themselves.

Now you also have to put in regard that there are people in the same boat as you. He now has to prioritize and go through each order that is backed up. On top of being a perfectionist. Doing things right takes so much time of your life. Driving for supplies, ordering supplies online, having setbacks, redoing something until its perfect.

I work and own my own business as well. I am fortunate enough to have solid employees helping me. When I was by myself it took 1 whole day JUST to go pick up supplies. Drive 2 hours in traffic, drive 2 hours back. Setup product pick ups, pick up products that were sold days before, have them picked up, then reply to every call and text for that day. There goes 1 whole day with almost NOTHING getting done.

Now add up money tied into each project. Let's say a customer only puts 20% down of his invoice. Guess who has to go out of pocket for the rest until the product is finished? The business owner. Imagine that business owner has about 10-20 projects at this given time. There goes about 5k worth of YOUR money sitting that is now a negative in your bank fund.

Now add up the daily cars that come in. That is usually jobs that are finished within that day. He is one guy who now has to order the customers part, pick it up, then install it on their car. There goes another day. But hey it pays your monthly rent bill. What happens if Jeff went out of business? He has to stay afloat with the walks ins and focus on the projects on weekend or nights. GUESS what happens IF a business owner has to close down shop because of unpaid rent? NO MORE FINISHED PROJECTS AND BANKRUPCTY. Which means now your stuff is gone.

Jeff is pushing. He is trying. He is staying afloat.

A life is small tiny baby steps every day. Takes forever until a project is 100%. Once Jeff understands devlops a system that works, rules that help him, and what projects to choose and what projects to turn away. (I turn away cars every day). He will become a solid speedy business.

Why? Because some cars are ticking time bombs. Not a simple swap or a simple wire install. You now hit cluster fuck city in which takes more time and money than you expect. Also they take a negative on your pay sheet. I had to do a swap once and due to the cluster fuck of a car, I ended up losing $500 bucks out the door. But hey the customer was happy and still comes back to this day.

PLUS the resources and solid connections of people to get you along that way.

It takes year 3 of a small business to start making it. You are at neutral to 15k a year for 2 years of your life. Living day by day on almost no positivie income you other than the will to never give up. Once you go to year 3 you will be making double that, year 4 is 45-60k a year, and so forth.

SHIT TAKES TIME. Jeff just has to know how and when to pick his battles.

Good luck.
mogli9000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 08:40 PM   #30
mulinmoua
Leaky Injector

mulinmoua will become famous soon enoughmulinmoua will become famous soon enoughmulinmoua will become famous soon enoughmulinmoua will become famous soon enough
^^^^ what does all that have to do with shipping a harness back n customer is willing to pay for shipping n his time to go do it?