Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk > S Chassis

S Chassis Technical discussion related to the S Chassis such as the S12, S13, S14, and S15.

Old 01-01-2018, 05:39 PM   #1
NathanBerge

Trader Rating: (0)
NathanBerge is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
signal start wire

hi, im sorry if this has been solved before but i could not find anything. Im having a issue where my signal start wire has no power. i have check continuity from the fuse block to where it plugs into the ecu and i do have continuity to the wire. i am getting power to the fuse and it is not blown but still no power to where it plugs into the harness to the ecu any ideas?
NathanBerge is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-01-2018, 05:42 PM   #2
nisileighty
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (4)
nisileighty is a glorious beacon of lightnisileighty is a glorious beacon of lightnisileighty is a glorious beacon of lightnisileighty is a glorious beacon of lightnisileighty is a glorious beacon of lightnisileighty is a glorious beacon of lightnisileighty is a glorious beacon of lightnisileighty is a glorious beacon of lightnisileighty is a glorious beacon of lightnisileighty is a glorious beacon of lightnisileighty is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Orange wire on the brown dash plug. Remove your glove box and you’ll see it. Make sure it is connected at the plug, and then check for continuity between the upper plug and the ignition tumbler. If there is, and it is connected, look on the starter. It’s common for the starter signal wire to come disconnected

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
nisileighty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2018, 05:54 PM   #3
NathanBerge

I don’t see a orange wire going to the ignition tumbler, which wire do I check continuity at the tumblr
Old 01-01-2018, 05:58 PM   #4
nisileighty
Zilvia FREAK!

nisileighty is a glorious beacon of lightnisileighty is a glorious beacon of lightnisileighty is a glorious beacon of lightnisileighty is a glorious beacon of lightnisileighty is a glorious beacon of lightnisileighty is a glorious beacon of lightnisileighty is a glorious beacon of lightnisileighty is a glorious beacon of lightnisileighty is a glorious beacon of lightnisileighty is a glorious beacon of lightnisileighty is a glorious beacon of light
Not sure why you wouldn’t just try all four... doesn’t hurt

Old 01-01-2018, 06:02 PM   #5
NathanBerge

None of the 4 wires at the ignition tumbler gave me continuity to the orange wire at the brown plug
Old 01-01-2018, 06:03 PM   #6
nisileighty
Zilvia FREAK!

You got a break in the wiring somewhere along there then I would say

Old 01-08-2018, 10:30 PM   #7
NathanBerge

Okay after further testing I am getting continuity from the tumbler to the orange wire! I am getting power in and out of the fuse block as well as continuity from the tumbler to the fuse block but yet still no power in the orange wire any ideas ?
Old 01-09-2018, 07:24 AM   #8
smoked240
Zilvia FREAK!

smoked240 is not welcome here anymoresmoked240 is not welcome here anymoresmoked240 is not welcome here anymoresmoked240 is not welcome here anymoresmoked240 is not welcome here anymoresmoked240 is not welcome here anymoresmoked240 is not welcome here anymoresmoked240 is not welcome here anymoresmoked240 is not welcome here anymore
Send a message via MSN to smoked240
Quote:
Originally Posted by NathanBerge View Post
Okay after further testing I am getting continuity from the tumbler to the orange wire! I am getting power in and out of the fuse block as well as continuity from the tumbler to the fuse block but yet still no power in the orange wire any ideas ?
Check resistance in the orange wire I would say.