Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk > S Chassis

S Chassis Technical discussion related to the S Chassis such as the S12, S13, S14, and S15.

Old 09-30-2017, 05:20 PM   #1
oLemurs
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (0)
oLemurs has a spectacular aura aboutoLemurs has a spectacular aura aboutoLemurs has a spectacular aura aboutoLemurs has a spectacular aura aboutoLemurs has a spectacular aura aboutoLemurs has a spectacular aura about
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
SR This 240 is destroying me

so i bought an sr20 240 a month or two ago, engine was put in but swap was never finished. i finally got it running and it should be able to drive but im having the biggest problem with the motor, basically while cold the engine needs starting fluid, and it needs a jumper wire for the EGI pump relay, after i get it started i shut it off put the relay back in, it turns on after like half a second of cranking, and the engine runs amazing until it gets warm, while its warm it wants to die down when i hit the gas,if it dies i try to start it up and it just wont start, i try to put the jumper wire in the EGI pump and spray loads of starting fluid, itll sputter but wont catch, i got a new ECU and that fixed nothing, what else could it be??? i checked the timing today and the TPS and the timing was good, the TPS was .45 which is good.
oLemurs is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-01-2017, 07:12 AM   #2
tuzzio
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
tuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Check your MAF, and replace your coolant temp sensor.
tuzzio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2017, 07:53 AM   #3
brandon519

brandon519 has a spectacular aura aboutbrandon519 has a spectacular aura aboutbrandon519 has a spectacular aura aboutbrandon519 has a spectacular aura aboutbrandon519 has a spectacular aura aboutbrandon519 has a spectacular aura aboutbrandon519 has a spectacular aura about
I had these issues and it turned out to be a bad ecu.
brandon519 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2017, 09:47 AM   #4
oLemurs
Zilvia Member

oLemurs has a spectacular aura aboutoLemurs has a spectacular aura aboutoLemurs has a spectacular aura aboutoLemurs has a spectacular aura aboutoLemurs has a spectacular aura aboutoLemurs has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by tuzzio View Post
Check your MAF, and replace your coolant temp sensor.
Coolant temp sensor is next on my list of things to replace, to check my maf do I just unplug it?
Old 10-04-2017, 09:47 AM   #5
oLemurs
Zilvia Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandon519 View Post
I had these issues and it turned out to be a bad ecu.
Good to know, unfortunately I just bought another ecu and there is no change
Old 10-04-2017, 11:16 AM   #6
brandon519

brandon519 has a spectacular aura aboutbrandon519 has a spectacular aura aboutbrandon519 has a spectacular aura aboutbrandon519 has a spectacular aura aboutbrandon519 has a spectacular aura aboutbrandon519 has a spectacular aura aboutbrandon519 has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by oLemurs View Post
Good to know, unfortunately I just bought another ecu and there is no change
Sorry I don't know how I missed that.
brandon519 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2017, 05:04 PM   #7
S14kouki805
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (5)
S14kouki805 has much to be proud ofS14kouki805 has much to be proud ofS14kouki805 has much to be proud ofS14kouki805 has much to be proud ofS14kouki805 has much to be proud ofS14kouki805 has much to be proud ofS14kouki805 has much to be proud ofS14kouki805 has much to be proud ofS14kouki805 has much to be proud ofS14kouki805 has much to be proud ofS14kouki805 has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Welcome to owning a 240 lol
S14kouki805 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2017, 11:36 PM   #8
xnyc
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (9)
xnyc is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
if u havent gotten it figured out. i would check pressure in fuel rail with key on engine off and running. also check voltage at the pump connector between cold start and warm/on throttle. sounds fuel related im guessing a bad fuel pressure regulator or failing pump. a maf could possibly cause this as well. stay away from aftermarket mafs if u decide to swap it out
xnyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2017, 12:56 PM   #9
apex128
Zilvia Member

apex128 will become famous soon enoughapex128 will become famous soon enoughapex128 will become famous soon enoughapex128 will become famous soon enoughapex128 will become famous soon enough
Mass air flow sensor or bad ecu. Make sure your ecu is tuned for the maf you are using.
apex128 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2017, 09:02 AM   #10
Oh Em Zee

Oh Em Zee is an unknown quantity at this point
I want to mention also to change your fuel filter. (Checking fuel line pressure will also confirm this)
symptoms you have that point towards it:
- need to turn fuel pump on early to get the rail up to pressure before starting the car
- if you shut the car off when the rail is at pressure, it starts up fine right after
- if you give it gas when its running fine, it bogs/dies, can't supply fuel fast enough

really the best way to figure out what's going on is to get a fuel pressure gauge and read your MAF values / plug into consult and see whats going on.
Oh Em Zee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2017, 02:55 PM   #11
nissansrdub
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (3)
nissansrdub is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Is your MAF grounded to the chassis? If so try rewiring it so it gets ground from the ECU. I think frsport has a write up.
I had this problem

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
nissansrdub is offline   Reply With Quote