Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk

Tech Talk Technical Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 05-22-2008, 07:02 PM   #1
mjmendoza

Trader Rating: (0)
mjmendoza is making his/her stupidity well-knownmjmendoza is making his/her stupidity well-knownmjmendoza is making his/her stupidity well-knownmjmendoza is making his/her stupidity well-known
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
car bogs on freeway

this just recently started happening. I was driving on the freeway about 75mph and my s13 started to bog. It seemed like it was dying out. ill give it a little more gas and it would start. I just got the car 3 weeks ago. they only thing that i have done is a oil change. does anybody know what the problem could be?
mjmendoza is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-22-2008, 07:32 PM   #2
SoguRacing
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (23)
SoguRacing is close to perfectionSoguRacing is close to perfectionSoguRacing is close to perfectionSoguRacing is close to perfectionSoguRacing is close to perfectionSoguRacing is close to perfectionSoguRacing is close to perfectionSoguRacing is close to perfectionSoguRacing is close to perfectionSoguRacing is close to perfectionSoguRacing is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
Send a message via AIM to SoguRacing
maybe your maf is bad, could be your tps that's going bad it could have spots where voltage drop occurrs.
Old 05-22-2008, 07:49 PM   #3
essforteen
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (50)
essforteen has a brilliant futureessforteen has a brilliant futureessforteen has a brilliant futureessforteen has a brilliant futureessforteen has a brilliant futureessforteen has a brilliant futureessforteen has a brilliant futureessforteen has a brilliant futureessforteen has a brilliant futureessforteen has a brilliant futureessforteen has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 50 reviews
SoguRacing could be right. my car was doing that but it is a random bog then its normal and the CEL came on it said it was a MAF or VAF circuit malfunction so im guessing my MAF is going out that could be your problem aswell .
essforteen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2008, 11:32 PM   #4
mjmendoza

mjmendoza is making his/her stupidity well-knownmjmendoza is making his/her stupidity well-knownmjmendoza is making his/her stupidity well-knownmjmendoza is making his/her stupidity well-known
thats what i was thinking too. my CEL came on to.
Old 05-23-2008, 08:17 PM   #5
mjmendoza

could it be my battery? because this morning when i tried to start it the whole car didnt turn. the radio didnt even turn on. I forgot to mention that on the freeway when it was about to die, the brake light, oil light, battery light, all those lights on the dash would come on. so it is probably my battery right?
Old 05-23-2008, 08:33 PM   #6
bbejj123
Zilvia Junkie

bbejj123 has a spectacular aura aboutbbejj123 has a spectacular aura aboutbbejj123 has a spectacular aura aboutbbejj123 has a spectacular aura aboutbbejj123 has a spectacular aura aboutbbejj123 has a spectacular aura about
since u just recently bough the car i would recommend doing a few things such as maybe new spark plugs and wires new fuel filter check the connection on your battery u may even want to buy new connectors and a new battery or checking if its good or not wouldnt hurt either... good luck let us know how it goes
Old 05-23-2008, 10:07 PM   #7
devnull
Zilvia Member

devnull is not welcome here anymoredevnull is not welcome here anymoredevnull is not welcome here anymoredevnull is not welcome here anymoredevnull is not welcome here anymoredevnull is not welcome here anymoredevnull is not welcome here anymoredevnull is not welcome here anymoredevnull is not welcome here anymoredevnull is not welcome here anymoredevnull is not welcome here anymore
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjmendoza View Post
could it be my battery? because this morning when i tried to start it the whole car didnt turn. the radio didnt even turn on. I forgot to mention that on the freeway when it was about to die, the brake light, oil light, battery light, all those lights on the dash would come on. so it is probably my battery right?
This doesn't meet the symptoms of just a battery. Basically, having all those lights on means that the bulb check circuit is turning on. This circuit turns on with key on and engine off.

The circuit that powers the bulb check relay is wired through the alternator. It could be an intermittent charging system wiring problem or a failing alternator causing an intermittent short to ground.
devnull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2008, 09:39 AM   #8
napz510
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (36)
napz510 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 36 reviews
check your spark plug wires...and if it's ok then your fuel pump.It happened to me already that while I was driving it bogs out, not all the time.I changed all the wires, plugs, rotor and the cap and still the same..
Then when I replaced the pump, it fixed the problem.
napz510 is offline   Reply With Quote