Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 04-25-2018, 04:45 PM   #1
Automatic
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (7)
Automatic is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Mint Condition S14 $20,000?

Anyone seen this?
The price is interesting.
I've seen RX-7's FD3S, go for this much, less even.

Anyway, just food for thought, makes me happy that my S14 is climbing in value.

What do you think? Are we gonna be "classics"? Exceeding 20K?
It definitely looks mint, that's for sure. That sunroof trim.

Do want

https://m.autotrader.com/cars-for-sa...ngId=483468994

"1997 NISSAN 240SX SE, 5SPD MANUAL, YOUR SEARCH IS OVER, THIS IS ONE OF THE BEST 97-98 240SX LEFT IN 100% STOCK CONDITION. **ONLY 97K ORIGINAL BABIED MILES.** **CLEAN TITLE, CLEAN CARFAX, ALL VIN TAGS PRESENTS.** ****IF YOU ARE LOOKING TO GET A 240SX TO DRIFT AND SWAP THE ENGINE, THIS MIGHT NOT BE FOR YOU. IF YOU ARE LOOKING TO BUY ONE NEARLY NEW, THIS IS THAT TIME MACHINE.**** SOLD NEW AT MOSSY NISSAN SAN DIEGO AND ALWAYS STAY IN TOWN, ALL ORIGINAL, ALL STOCK, FACTORY 5SPD MANUAL, FULLY LOADED. LEGENDARY 240SX AT IT'S BEST, LAST MODEL OF S14, HARD TO FIND LIKE THIS, ESPECIALLY IN THIS SHAPE. LOOKS AND DRIVES LIKE NEW, WELL MAINTAINED AND SHOWS. JUST SMOG, READY TO GO, 5SPD MANUAL, POWER WINDOWS, LOCKS, COLD A/C, ALLOY WHEELS WITH NEW HANKOOK TIRES, ALWAYS GARAGED. JUST SERVICED, READY TO GO, PLEASE SERIOUS 240SX KEEPER ONLY, THIS CAR IS IN INVESTMENT GRADE. $19,995 + TAX AND FEES, PRICE REFLECT RARITY AND CONDITION OF THIS LAST MODEL 240SX, AND IT'S FIRM. WE ARE TOTALLY AWARE OF KBB PRICE AND WE WON'T BE ABLE TO SELL IT FOR KBB PRICE PLEASE DON'T ASK. THANKS IN ADVANCE,"
Automatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-25-2018, 04:48 PM   #2
afishysilvia
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (31)
afishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 31 reviews
Holy shit...for $20K its just not worth it. But man what a beauty that thing is, so pristine.
afishysilvia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2018, 06:14 PM   #3
dizzariot
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (47)
dizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 47 reviews
These guys are the ultimate cucklords. They had a white zenki for over a year (maybe longer) and when I tried to negotiate with them they were still unwilling to budge. I'm definitely one to 'overpay' for a clean chassis but these guys have been, and probably always will be, fucking morons.
Old 04-25-2018, 06:57 PM   #4
koukizhang
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (0)
koukizhang is on a distinguished road
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Worth every penny if it wasn't sunroof haha

im just joking
koukizhang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2018, 07:27 PM   #5
Kingtal0n
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (17)
Kingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Kingtal0n
Couple years ago I bought an all original 97 LE with leather interior/sunroof fully loaded with 44,000 original miles.

It was very comfortable, but the most boring car ever. Because I realized after owning it for a week, I can't do anything to it without 'ruining it'. sigh.

Sold it and used the $$ to build an LS 240 instead. 300k on the clock etc... but at least it gets faster every.single.day
Kingtal0n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2018, 09:14 PM   #6
turboshoebox
Zilvia Addict

turboshoebox is not welcome here anymoreturboshoebox is not welcome here anymoreturboshoebox is not welcome here anymoreturboshoebox is not welcome here anymoreturboshoebox is not welcome here anymoreturboshoebox is not welcome here anymoreturboshoebox is not welcome here anymoreturboshoebox is not welcome here anymoreturboshoebox is not welcome here anymoreturboshoebox is not welcome here anymoreturboshoebox is not welcome here anymore
Quote:
Originally Posted by koukizhang View Post

im just joking
was gonna say this car is mint except for the green and the sunroof
turboshoebox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2018, 09:18 PM   #7
turboshoebox
Zilvia Addict

turboshoebox is not welcome here anymoreturboshoebox is not welcome here anymoreturboshoebox is not welcome here anymoreturboshoebox is not welcome here anymoreturboshoebox is not welcome here anymoreturboshoebox is not welcome here anymoreturboshoebox is not welcome here anymoreturboshoebox is not welcome here anymoreturboshoebox is not welcome here anymoreturboshoebox is not welcome here anymoreturboshoebox is not welcome here anymore
speaking of another 20k s14

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1995-Nissan...AAAOSwDsZayBWN

This car is pretty much a nice set of wheels away from looking pretty alright
Old 04-26-2018, 08:07 AM   #8
tuzzio
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
tuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
That dude in NY can't even get 20K for his Kouki with like 600 original miles.

Anybody who's ever owned a 240 and would pay 20K is an absolute moron.
Although, anybody who's ever owned a 240 in general is an absolute moron anyways.
tuzzio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2018, 08:41 AM   #9
staying_chuki
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (1)
staying_chuki is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Mint Condition S14 $20,000?

I dont think our cars are climbing in value that hard lol, us 240 owners are just getting more delusional as time goes on

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
staying_chuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2018, 08:44 AM   #10
Future240
Future Moderator

Future240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to Future240 Send a message via MSN to Future240 Send a message via Yahoo to Future240
Quote:
Originally Posted by turboshoebox View Post
speaking of another 20k s14

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1995-Nissan...AAAOSwDsZayBWN

Subjective but that kit is FUGLY, otherwise a clean car.

The prices on S-chassis are retarded for sure.
Future240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2018, 09:26 AM   #11
brndck
Premium Member

Trader Rating: (130)
brndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 130 reviews
Send a message via AIM to brndck
dude. brand new weren't they like $18k?

http://outslidersandsmokeproduce.blogspot.com/
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mannykiller View Post
it'll fit JANK.. and no one likes Jank except Broke ass zilvians.
brndck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2018, 09:48 AM   #12
Future240
Future Moderator

Future240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to Future240 Send a message via MSN to Future240 Send a message via Yahoo to Future240
Quote:
Originally Posted by brndck View Post
dude. brand new weren't they like $18k?

I actually have the original sales receipt from when some chick bought mine in 1998.

For a 97 SE 5sp with sunroof, cobalt green pearl, non abs, open diff she paid 23K.
Future240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2018, 10:03 AM   #13
Rb26kouki
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (62)
Rb26kouki is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 62 reviews
Pristine condition yes, but definitely not worth $20k at least not with 97k miles maybe if it had less then 10k Miles I can see someone buying it around $20k
Rb26kouki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2018, 10:10 AM   #14
jumpman2334
Zilvia FREAK!

jumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by turboshoebox View Post

no, its not. go get your eyes checked.
jumpman2334 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2018, 04:01 PM   #15
Automatic
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (7)
Automatic is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzariot View Post
These guys are the ultimate cucklords. They had a white zenki for over a year (maybe longer) and when I tried to negotiate with them they were still unwilling to budge. I'm definitely one to 'overpay' for a clean chassis but these guys have been, and probably always will be, fucking morons.
Definitely asshole pricing then.

Quote:
Originally Posted by koukizhang View Post

im just joking
I lol'd

Wish I had a slick top, or, new weather stripping/trim.

Quote:
Originally Posted by staying_chuki View Post
I dont think our cars are climbing in value that hard lol, us 240 owners are just getting more delusional as time goes on
I got excited, but the reality is these cars just aren't worth 20K (yet)?

I'd pay maybe 13-14.5 max for this. coming from a broke boi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Future240 View Post

Yeah that strawberry face needs help.

I'm actually digging the Cobalt Green for some reason. (mine is black)

20K and it doesn't even have a front lip lol.
Automatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2018, 05:12 PM   #16
Kingtal0n
Post Whore!

Kingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond repute
if you consider aspect of rarity without including the zenki model, its worth more like $20,000-$50,000 a bargain at 20k

However, soon S14 silvia will be legal here. That will dramatically lower value of original s14 chassis IMO, so "we" should not be holding breath for any "mint" bundun american version. ridiculous when a right hand drive beauty will cost less with "similar mileage" (buying new OEM parts to restore the car).
Old 04-26-2018, 05:23 PM   #17
di-devol
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (5)
di-devol will become famous soon enoughdi-devol will become famous soon enoughdi-devol will become famous soon enoughdi-devol will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingtal0n View Post
if you consider aspect of rarity without including the zenki model, its worth more $20,000-$50,000 a bargain at 20k
So you ARE from Florida
Old 04-26-2018, 05:38 PM   #18
EDacIouSX
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (53)
EDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 53 reviews
Send a message via ICQ to EDacIouSX Send a message via AIM to EDacIouSX Send a message via MSN to EDacIouSX Send a message via Yahoo to EDacIouSX
very clean, not worth 20k.
EDacIouSX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2018, 07:40 PM   #19
alwaysnboost
Zilvia Member

alwaysnboost is an unknown quantity at this point
Worth it to someone
alwaysnboost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2018, 07:57 PM   #20
dwnshft2drft
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (28)
dwnshft2drft will become famous soon enoughdwnshft2drft will become famous soon enoughdwnshft2drft will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 28 reviews
Not all have the same taste. For me in that condition, 1998, white, no sunroof, no spoiler, non leather, less mileage for maybe less than asking price but not 20K.
dwnshft2drft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2018, 09:19 PM   #21
Kingtal0n
Post Whore!

I mean, what value does this rock have? there are only 5000 of them in the world, and 2500 of them have been smashed, 500 lost, 250 unrecoverable, 125 salvage.

The rock can be worth $999999 if you collect that kind of rock
Old 04-26-2018, 11:26 PM   #22
turboshoebox
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Future240 View Post

don't like the URAS kit either...that's why i said "alight" and not awesome
Old 04-26-2018, 11:35 PM   #23
Kingtal0n
Post Whore!

See it isn't the 240 we see in the 240. Its the car that the 240 canvas can become.

For example 4l80e cars. It no longer can accept sr20/ka24/t-56 without custom mount because to fit a 4l80e you need to cut the canvas. That 240 has been modded to fit only 4l80e transmission.

So now it either is worthless to people who want those engines, Or it has dramatically increased in value to those who want a 4l80e in their S14.

How many RB engine mounts I've seen welded directly onto existing subframes that still take sr20? Those cars are destined to accept a range of engines/transmissions at some cost, now it weighs more, &c

useless if you don't have a pile of RB engines laying around though
Old 04-29-2018, 03:39 AM   #24
ParkerVX

ParkerVX is an unknown quantity at this point
Wow. That price is fucking mental.
ParkerVX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2018, 04:54 AM   #25
lunchmeat
Zilvia Addict

lunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond repute
Christ. I paid $11,500 for a 97 just like this one, minus the leather, back in 2000. Under 40k miles on it.
I'd might give 13k for this one, because nostalgia...and my unhealthy love of cobalt green.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
lunchmeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2018, 05:36 AM   #26
cgtdream
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (4)
cgtdream has a reputation beyond reputecgtdream has a reputation beyond reputecgtdream has a reputation beyond reputecgtdream has a reputation beyond reputecgtdream has a reputation beyond reputecgtdream has a reputation beyond reputecgtdream has a reputation beyond reputecgtdream has a reputation beyond reputecgtdream has a reputation beyond reputecgtdream has a reputation beyond reputecgtdream has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingtal0n View Post
if you consider aspect of rarity without including the zenki model, its worth more like $20,000-$50,000 a bargain at 20k

However, soon S14 silvia will be legal here. That will dramatically lower value of original s14 chassis IMO, so "we" should not be holding breath for any "mint" bundun american version. ridiculous when a right hand drive beauty will cost less with "similar mileage" (buying new OEM parts to restore the car).
This makes total sense. The market will soon be opened up to Jap-spec model S14's, making this "deal/bargain" even more of a joke. I mean, you have some mint condition jap cars, with less than 50k miles on them going for less than that imported already.
Old 04-29-2018, 09:24 AM   #27
AREJAY
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (8)
AREJAY is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
For 20k at least have the key trim. Always missing
AREJAY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2018, 10:21 AM   #28
LockOn!
Zilvia FREAK!

LockOn! is making a name for him/her selfLockOn! is making a name for him/her selfLockOn! is making a name for him/her self
Maybe if it had 100 miles, not 100k.
Old 02-12-2020, 12:33 PM   #29
Getchevyn

Getchevyn has a spectacular aura aboutGetchevyn has a spectacular aura aboutGetchevyn has a spectacular aura aboutGetchevyn has a spectacular aura aboutGetchevyn has a spectacular aura aboutGetchevyn has a spectacular aura about
Someone just brought one for $20K

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1993-nissan-240sx-9/
Getchevyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2020, 12:46 PM   #30
ripnbst
Zilvia Addict

ripnbst is making a name for him/her selfripnbst is making a name for him/her selfripnbst is making a name for him/her self
The drift tax has never been higher.