Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Polls

Polls Post All Polls in Here.

View Poll Results: Mishimoto or Koyo or other?
Mishimoto 109 45.80%
Koyo 104 43.70%
other 25 10.50%
Voters: 238. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-10-2009, 02:49 PM   #31
Om1kron
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (15)
Om1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 15 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by mishimoto View Post
Just because it doesn't net power does not mean it isn't a vital part of the engine's functionality. They significantly reduce and regulate the heat that the engine creates so that it does not overheat and damage critical components during daily driving, drifting, time attack, or whatever else it is used for.

Plus, how many other manufacturers offer a warranty for the lifetime of their product? If you get into an accident on the street or track and damage your rad, will your current radiator brand sent you a replacement for free?
I understand you're a business man so anyone who doesn't post that mishimotor radiators are the bomb you will have something to say about your warranties.

But my rebuttle is Kia offers damn near lifetime warranties on their cars, how many guys here own a KIA?

Just because you offer a lifetime warranty doesn't mean that you will get my or other peoples business, even if you pay for the radiator if I lose my job or I can return it no charge.

People have personal preferences, and sometimes stick to brand names they know.

I have a no name radiator in my car not ebay, not koyo, not mishmoto, not griffin, or lex whatever. Just a big motherfucking radiator that does the job and fits under my hood.

When it breaks, I will probably have a specialty radiator shop build me a radiator with a built in shroud and fans that mounts to my stock grounding locations so it doesn't bolt to my upper radiator support.

Which I can't currently buy from you, or koyo.

We all have different needs was my point.
Sponsored Links
Old 06-10-2009, 06:52 PM   #32
DrIvEsldEwAyS
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (0)
DrIvEsldEwAyS is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
i currently own a koyo and have never had a problem, so your saying your warranty covers out damage to them as well?
Old 06-10-2009, 08:35 PM   #33
sincity_sil80
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (1)
sincity_sil80 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Just because it doesn't net power does not mean it isn't a vital part of the engine's functionality. They significantly reduce and regulate the heat that the engine creates so that it does not overheat and damage critical components during daily driving, drifting, time attack, or whatever else it is used for.

Plus, how many other manufacturers offer a warranty for the lifetime of their product? If you get into an accident on the street or track and damage your rad, will your current radiator brand sent you a replacement for free?
dayumm... touché haha,
sincity_sil80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 01:32 AM   #34
waynehead05
Zilvia Junkie

waynehead05 has a spectacular aura aboutwaynehead05 has a spectacular aura aboutwaynehead05 has a spectacular aura aboutwaynehead05 has a spectacular aura aboutwaynehead05 has a spectacular aura aboutwaynehead05 has a spectacular aura aboutwaynehead05 has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to waynehead05
Huh. I had a ka Koyo with my ka, and with my sr I have a Moshimoto. I couldn't fit a s13 sr fan shroud but I'll retry, cause I don't want to run the electric fans if I don't have to.
Old 06-11-2009, 10:05 AM   #35
mishimoto
Zilvia Addict

mishimoto is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrIvEsldEwAyS View Post
i currently own a koyo and have never had a problem, so your saying your warranty covers out damage to them as well?
Why would our warranty cover damage to a brand that is not our own? Our warranty covers damage to our own products
Old 06-11-2009, 04:57 PM   #36
slider2828
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (13)
slider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
Koyo... never heard of any leakage with Koyo at all and I know 6 or 7 people personally who run them.... I rather not have the problem in the first place.... Replacing radiators is not a fun deal with fan and shroud
Old 06-12-2009, 09:38 AM   #37
Moon Ill
Zilvia Member

Moon Ill is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Our warranty is lifetime, we would be happy to replace that radiator if you are still interested. Your shop owner friend's accident is covered under our warranty as well.
Too awesome!

Just emailed Chris @ mishimoto (per the sales reps demands!!).
Moon Ill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 10:56 AM   #38
mishimoto
Zilvia Addict

Nice! Good to hear that is getting taken care of
Old 06-12-2009, 04:32 PM   #39
DreamN
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (54)
DreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 54 reviews
^ Does that warranty cover products that weren't purchased from mishimoto directly (i.e. tuner shops) and from a couple years ago?

Wanted:

TBD

For Sale:
TBD
DreamN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 09:06 PM   #40
Silverbullet
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (2)
Silverbullet is just really niceSilverbullet is just really niceSilverbullet is just really niceSilverbullet is just really niceSilverbullet is just really niceSilverbullet is just really niceSilverbullet is just really niceSilverbullet is just really niceSilverbullet is just really nice
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Silverbullet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Om1kron View Post
a radiator is a radiator... it's not going to net you 10hp.
If you want to speak in terms of power the engine makes, the more heat you take out with a radiator, the less power your engine is potentially making.

A stock radiator with proper shroud does fine for what most people do on here. I would get a Mish over a Koyo simply over price and knowing it wont be even close to either's full potential.
Go back to whatever Honda forum you came from.
Silverbullet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2009, 05:06 PM   #41
funes
Zilvia Member

funes is an unknown quantity at this point
I got my mishimoto rad + fan shroud the last monday and in 2 days we are going to install those good stuffs...

funes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2009, 08:56 PM   #42
S14DB
AFC #1

Trader Rating: (3)
S14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverbullet View Post
If you want to speak in terms of power the engine makes, the more heat you take out with a radiator, the less power your engine is potentially making.
Wouldn't that be the job of the thermostat? Why you loose MPG with a colder thermostat.
Old 06-15-2009, 11:17 AM   #43
mishimoto
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamN View Post
^ Does that warranty cover products that weren't purchased from mishimoto directly (i.e. tuner shops) and from a couple years ago?
Yes, as long as they are authorized retailers.
Old 06-16-2009, 09:26 AM   #44
aa87
Zilvia FREAK!

aa87 has a brilliant futureaa87 has a brilliant futureaa87 has a brilliant futureaa87 has a brilliant futureaa87 has a brilliant futureaa87 has a brilliant futureaa87 has a brilliant futureaa87 has a brilliant futureaa87 has a brilliant futureaa87 has a brilliant futureaa87 has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to aa87
Ive read mixed things about the mishimoto and the stock clutch fan. Yay or Nay on fitting the shroud?
Old 06-16-2009, 09:34 AM   #45
usdm180sx
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (5)
usdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Send a message via AIM to usdm180sx Send a message via Yahoo to usdm180sx
Quote:
Originally Posted by aa87 View Post
Ive read mixed things about the mishimoto and the stock clutch fan. Yay or Nay on fitting the shroud?
+1 let's get this cleared up.

usdm180sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2009, 09:50 AM   #46
mishimoto
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
The stock shroud fits on our rad.
Old 06-16-2009, 04:24 PM   #47
DrIvEsldEwAyS
Zilvia Junkie

DrIvEsldEwAyS is an unknown quantity at this point
sorry, what i ment by that was, say i got in a wreck and your rad. busted would i get a new one? something of that nature, in a previous post it sounded like thats what yall would do.
Old 06-17-2009, 08:47 AM   #48
mishimoto
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrIvEsldEwAyS View Post
sorry, what i ment by that was, say i got in a wreck and your rad. busted would i get a new one? something of that nature, in a previous post it sounded like thats what yall would do.
Yes. If you had our rad on your car, and you got into an accident causing our rad to break, you would get a new one.
Old 06-17-2009, 10:23 AM   #49
tunersedge
Zilvia Member

tunersedge is making a name for him/her selftunersedge is making a name for him/her self
Quote:
Yes. If you had our rad on your car, and you got into an accident causing our rad to break, you would get a new one.

Am i reading this correctly? So if im running a mishimoto rad in my car, I get in a front end collision and the radiator gets f'cked up. You will replace it for free?
tunersedge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2009, 10:45 AM   #50
mishimoto
Zilvia Addict

Yes. Mishimoto Warranty
Old 06-17-2009, 09:36 PM   #51
d3m14n
Leaky Injector

d3m14n is a glorious beacon of lightd3m14n is a glorious beacon of lightd3m14n is a glorious beacon of lightd3m14n is a glorious beacon of lightd3m14n is a glorious beacon of lightd3m14n is a glorious beacon of lightd3m14n is a glorious beacon of lightd3m14n is a glorious beacon of lightd3m14n is a glorious beacon of lightd3m14n is a glorious beacon of lightd3m14n is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via AIM to d3m14n
that warranty is unreal. getting mine asap!
Old 06-18-2009, 05:58 AM   #52
Altered_Image
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (27)
Altered_Image is a splendid one to beholdAltered_Image is a splendid one to beholdAltered_Image is a splendid one to beholdAltered_Image is a splendid one to beholdAltered_Image is a splendid one to beholdAltered_Image is a splendid one to beholdAltered_Image is a splendid one to beholdAltered_Image is a splendid one to beholdAltered_Image is a splendid one to beholdAltered_Image is a splendid one to beholdAltered_Image is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
Send a message via Yahoo to Altered_Image
I am finishing my swap today and have a koyo and a mishimoto... Such a hard decision! The good news is that whatever I don't put in this one, will go in my wide-body when I have enough to buy another S13 blacktop swap!
Altered_Image is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2009, 08:26 AM   #53
mishimoto
Zilvia Addict

Good luck with your decision!
Old 06-18-2009, 11:49 AM   #54
Enna
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (3)
Enna will become famous soon enoughEnna will become famous soon enoughEnna will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Enna Send a message via MSN to Enna
Hm seriously considering mishimoto now. I've always been with koyo... but lets see what happens.
Enna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2009, 01:52 PM   #55
aa87
Zilvia FREAK!

aa87 has a brilliant futureaa87 has a brilliant futureaa87 has a brilliant futureaa87 has a brilliant futureaa87 has a brilliant futureaa87 has a brilliant futureaa87 has a brilliant futureaa87 has a brilliant futureaa87 has a brilliant futureaa87 has a brilliant futureaa87 has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to aa87
Quote:
The stock shroud fits on our rad.
any pics, i read in the agency motorsport special thread that they claim it wont fit an a customer said it won't fit. I am on the border of buying it however desire clutch fanaction, otherwise id go koyo.

Is it thicker than other alum rads which would make it more difficult to put stock clutch fan, aka trim a lot more??
Old 06-18-2009, 02:26 PM   #56
Homer_Simpson
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (11)
Homer_Simpson is on the path to ruinHomer_Simpson is on the path to ruinHomer_Simpson is on the path to ruin
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
Quote:
any pics, i read in the agency motorsport special thread that they claim it wont fit an a customer said it won't fit. I am on the border of buying it however desire clutch fanaction, otherwise id go koyo.

Is it thicker than other alum rads which would make it more difficult to put stock clutch fan, aka trim a lot more??
Fits on my S14. Installation was similar to the OEM radiator with no trimming involved.
Homer_Simpson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2009, 02:51 PM   #57
mishimoto
Zilvia Addict

Quote:

I don't have any pictures, but the rad is 3.6in thick if that gives you an idea of what you would be working with. I'm not sure what sizes are competitors rads are for comparison.
Old 06-18-2009, 07:12 PM   #58
Altered_Image
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (27)
Altered_Image is a splendid one to beholdAltered_Image is a splendid one to beholdAltered_Image is a splendid one to beholdAltered_Image is a splendid one to beholdAltered_Image is a splendid one to beholdAltered_Image is a splendid one to beholdAltered_Image is a splendid one to beholdAltered_Image is a splendid one to beholdAltered_Image is a splendid one to beholdAltered_Image is a splendid one to beholdAltered_Image is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
Send a message via Yahoo to Altered_Image
So, I am not running a shroud on the rad I just put in my S13, I am running dual electric fans. I put the shroud on the Mishimoto that is going in my drift car (figured that if I wreck it, free new radiator). As for my daily that I just finished the swap on, I went with the Koyo. After reading all of this though, I most likely would have ran a Mishimoto on both cars, but I had already received the Koyo from a sponsor and bought the Mishimoto the same week not knowing I was going to be getting the Koyo as well.
Altered_Image is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2009, 05:12 PM   #59
Silverbullet
Nissanaholic!

Silverbullet is just really niceSilverbullet is just really niceSilverbullet is just really niceSilverbullet is just really niceSilverbullet is just really niceSilverbullet is just really niceSilverbullet is just really niceSilverbullet is just really niceSilverbullet is just really nice
Send a message via AIM to Silverbullet
Quote:
Originally Posted by S14DB View Post
Wouldn't that be the job of the thermostat? Why you loose MPG with a colder thermostat.
Off topic,

I'm not sure what your asking me, but a thermostat just controls the temp of the engine by opening the thermostat valve when the water temp is at a certain temp. I couldn't tell you specifically why MPG is reduced with a colder thermostat, but it could be because more heat is taken out of the engine, or because the computer changes the AFR, or a combination of both.

Neglecting a thermostat, the more heat an engine produces, the more power it is making. About 1/3 of the total energy of the mass of the fuel in the combustion chamber becomes usable work (power to the flywheel). The other 2/3 of the energy is either taken out from the cooling system, or loss through the exhaust and other misc losses.
Go back to whatever Honda forum you came from.
Silverbullet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2009, 12:15 PM   #60
Mangudai
Zilvia Addict

Mangudai is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Homer_Simpson View Post
Fits on my S14. Installation was similar to the OEM radiator with no trimming involved.

I was told the exact opposite by Agency(stock shroud fitting on a Mishimoto rad. i mean).