Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Off Topic Chat > LOUD NOISES

LOUD NOISES A place for political mudslinging, Pro/Anti legalization, gay marriage debate, Gun control rants, etc. If it's political, controversial, or hotly debated, it goes here. No regular Off-Topic stuff allowed. READ THE RULES BEFORE POSTING!

Old 09-30-2013, 08:15 PM   #1
EDacIouSX
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (53)
EDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 53 reviews
Send a message via ICQ to EDacIouSX Send a message via AIM to EDacIouSX Send a message via MSN to EDacIouSX Send a message via Yahoo to EDacIouSX
Exclamation Future of Private Health Insurrance

Obamacare is around the corner. My dad's barber just received word from his health provider that his monthly recurring bill will increase by $600 dollars to $990. A customer also said that his health insurance is increasing by $400 a month. I've yet to receive my new fees for 2014 which I will receive sometime in December as I do every year.

Has Anyone received any kind of GOOD news from Obamacare who purchases a private health plan?
EDacIouSX is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-30-2013, 10:46 PM   #2
S14DB
AFC #1

Trader Rating: (3)
S14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Insurance Company's are not going to give up an opportunity to fuck all of their customers and blame someone else.
Old 09-30-2013, 11:02 PM   #3
drift freaq
R.I.P. Aya, always love

Trader Rating: (215)
drift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 215 reviews
I am actually looking at getting my Insurance through the exchange because it might be cheaper than my Blue Cross which is expensive

New Video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uebV1OnbRsw
Buy my mounts!
http://zilvia.net/f/sale-items/51531...ns-mounts.html
http://zilvia.net/f/tech-talk/317539...e-mouts-6.html
drift freaq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 07:39 AM   #4
tiggertsi
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (0)
tiggertsi is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
the only good news i've read about or heard is that there are still people who are opposing it and trying to get it taken down, which it should be. and i am one of the supporters of the opposition to obamacare. if our government gave a rats ass about affordable healthcare maybe they should have looked into legislation that actually solved the problems that cause healthcare to be so high, like corporate greed, corruption and disproportionate amounts of profit coming from the insurance companies. but no they just make it easier to fuck us and make it punishable, economically, to not have insurance which alot of people are having problems with already. i love my country but i am ashamed of this government.
Old 10-01-2013, 07:44 AM   #5
K_style
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (63)
K_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 63 reviews
I heard Obama stating from his conference yesterday that "You can't shut down Obamacare. It's the law"

How sad.....
K_style is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 11:53 AM   #6
tiggertsi
Zilvia Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by K_style View Post
I heard Obama stating from his conference yesterday that "You can't shut down Obamacare. It's the law"

How sad.....
i agree with thomas jefferson about the "law" ............

Quote:
Rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others. I do not add 'within the limits of the law' because law is often but the tyrant's will, and always so when it violates the rights of the individual.
Old 10-01-2013, 01:59 PM   #7
theronin
Post Whore!

theronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to theronin
My guns are ready, bring on the civil war. This is utter horseshit.

It just screams, "Hey, I'm a fucking Christmas Tree. What are you gonna do about it?"
theronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 02:22 PM   #8
yetijeff
Zilvia Addict

yetijeff is an unknown quantity at this point
There is not good news pretty much everyone i know is fucked. Personally it doesn't affect me whatsoever because I'm single with no kids. It was at no cost to me before and is at no cost to me after, my company thankful gives a shit and covered a lot of the increase in rates themselves
yetijeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 02:27 PM   #9
Hatemy7
Zilvia FREAK!

Hatemy7 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by tiggertsi View Post
i agree with thomas jefferson about the "law" ............
That fucking guy deserves to burn in hell. OBAMACARE IS BULLSHIT

Quote:
Originally Posted by theronin View Post
My guns are ready, bring on the civil war. This is utter horseshit.
My Ninja I am ready for that shit

cz750
ar 15's
M4's
9mms

shit load of ammo...

Lets get shit popping
Hatemy7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 03:42 PM   #10
S14DB
AFC #1

S14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by yetijeff View Post
There is not good news pretty much everyone i know is fucked. Personally it doesn't affect me whatsoever because I'm single with no kids. It was at no cost to me before and is at no cost to me after, my company thankful gives a shit and covered a lot of the increase in rates themselves
No, no, no... They are supposed to reduce you to 29hrs a week and get rid of your healthcare because it's to expensive.
Old 10-01-2013, 03:49 PM   #11
roboticnissan
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (12)
roboticnissan is making a name for him/her selfroboticnissan is making a name for him/her selfroboticnissan is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
Do you see the next president having obamacare removed?
Old 10-01-2013, 03:52 PM   #12
Hatemy7
Zilvia FREAK!

Hatemy7 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by roboticnissan View Post

MF would have my vote instantly
Hatemy7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 03:54 PM   #13
tiggertsi
Zilvia Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by roboticnissan View Post
no. i can only see it getting worse just based on historic precedent.
Old 10-01-2013, 03:58 PM   #14
roboticnissan
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (12)
roboticnissan is making a name for him/her selfroboticnissan is making a name for him/her selfroboticnissan is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
Quote:
no. i can only see it getting worse just based on historic precedent.
Agreeed big time.
Old 10-01-2013, 04:09 PM   #15
theronin
Post Whore!

theronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by S14DB View Post
No, no, no... They are supposed to reduce you to 29hrs a week and get rid of your healthcare because it's to expensive.
One of my two jobs has already implemented this. Punish people who want to work, good fucking game America.

It just screams, "Hey, I'm a fucking Christmas Tree. What are you gonna do about it?"
Old 10-01-2013, 04:53 PM   #16
sidewaysil80
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (23)
sidewaysil80 is a name known to allsidewaysil80 is a name known to allsidewaysil80 is a name known to allsidewaysil80 is a name known to allsidewaysil80 is a name known to allsidewaysil80 is a name known to allsidewaysil80 is a name known to allsidewaysil80 is a name known to allsidewaysil80 is a name known to allsidewaysil80 is a name known to allsidewaysil80 is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
Just got the notice in the mail...my premium increased $94 a month. Thanks a fucking lot.
sidewaysil80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 06:07 PM   #17
yetijeff
Zilvia Addict

yetijeff is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
One of my two jobs has already implemented this. Punish people who want to work, good fucking game America.
Well good thing they didn't. It's sad what this country has become. I would go more in depth about it but I'm at work... To pay for all those that aren't... Lol (not funny tho)
yetijeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 06:36 PM   #18
mechanicalmoron
Zilvia FREAK!

mechanicalmoron is just really nicemechanicalmoron is just really nicemechanicalmoron is just really nicemechanicalmoron is just really nicemechanicalmoron is just really nicemechanicalmoron is just really nicemechanicalmoron is just really nicemechanicalmoron is just really nice
Quote:
the only good news i've read about or heard is that there are still people who are opposing it and trying to get it taken down, which it should be. and i am one of the supporters of the opposition to obamacare. if our government gave a rats ass about affordable healthcare maybe they should have looked into legislation that actually solved the problems that cause healthcare to be so high, like corporate greed, corruption and disproportionate amounts of profit coming from the insurance companies. but no they just make it easier to fuck us and make it punishable, economically, to not have insurance which alot of people are having problems with already. i love my country but i am ashamed of this government.
You're right about the problems, and that obamacare is gutless. The insurance companies wrote most of it.

But, as someone with pre-existing conditions, who is still on my parents health insurance, being allowed to stay on it untill I'm 26 and not be turned down for a pre-existing condition are both REALLY big deals.

The solution is not shut the government down and run the country into the ground. Repealing a law is fine, wasting a LOT of legislative time and money repeatedly pretending to try to repeal it when the math simply does not agree with you, and then throwing a hissy fit and defunding the whole country because not everybody will give you what you want? Not acceptable. If they have the numbers to repeal it, we can have that talk, but they don't, and they're basically trying to hold the whole country hostage.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hatemy7 View Post
That fucking guy deserves to burn in hell. OBAMACARE IS BULLSHIT

My Ninja I am ready for that shit

cz750
ar 15's
M4's
9mms

shit load of ammo...

Lets get shit popping
"I'LL RUIN THE COUNTRY/KILL ANYONE I WANT, UNTILL I GET WHAT I WANT!"

You should run for congress, with that sort of openly anti-american sentiment. I'm sure you could find a bank that would profit from civil war, and who would back you.

You would fit right in with those aggressive, delusional clowns.
mechanicalmoron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 07:43 PM   #19
AFSil80
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (2)
AFSil80 will become famous soon enoughAFSil80 will become famous soon enoughAFSil80 will become famous soon enoughAFSil80 will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to AFSil80 Send a message via MSN to AFSil80
Quote:
Originally Posted by K_style View Post

How sad.....
If that were the case, Jim Crow laws would still be in effect and his mother would've been working the street corner for sleeping with a black man.
Old 10-01-2013, 07:48 PM   #20
theronin
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mechanicalmoron View Post
You're right about the problems, and that obamacare is gutless. The insurance companies wrote most of it.

But, as someone with pre-existing conditions, who is still on my parents health insurance, being allowed to stay on it untill I'm 26 and not be turned down for a pre-existing condition are both REALLY big deals.

The solution is not shut the government down and run the country into the ground. Repealing a law is fine, wasting a LOT of legislative time and money repeatedly pretending to try to repeal it when the math simply does not agree with you, and then throwing a hissy fit and defunding the whole country because not everybody will give you what you want? Not acceptable. If they have the numbers to repeal it, we can have that talk, but they don't, and they're basically trying to hold the whole country hostage.

"I'LL RUIN THE COUNTRY/KILL ANYONE I WANT, UNTILL I GET WHAT I WANT!"

You should run for congress, with that sort of openly anti-american sentiment. I'm sure you could find a bank that would profit from civil war, and who would back you.

You would fit right in with those aggressive, delusional clowns.
Calling for action to take back our constitutional rights is anti American now? Good God.

Just out of curiosity, you don't have to answer obviously, but what is your pre existing condition?

Old 10-01-2013, 08:32 PM   #21
drift freaq
R.I.P. Aya, always love

Trader Rating: (215)
drift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 215 reviews
Ok here is the deal Government shutdown is not going to get rid of Obamacare. Until Obama is out of office and the House does not have a Democratic majority it will most likely be with us to stay. Now I can say the handful of Republicans that steamrolled this shutdown in the name of getting rid of Obamacare did not do themselves any favors. In fact the screwed themselves in the publics eyes. Instead of focusing on budget cuts and getting a budget worked they turned it into a pissing match. The longer it goes on the worse they look from the public's view.
I am on neither side of this but I can say this Democrats tend to be crooked and Republicans tend to be stupid when it comes to Senators and House Representatives.

New Video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uebV1OnbRsw
Buy my mounts!
http://zilvia.net/f/sale-items/51531...ns-mounts.html
http://zilvia.net/f/tech-talk/317539...e-mouts-6.html
drift freaq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 11:02 PM   #22
mechanicalmoron
Zilvia FREAK!

mechanicalmoron is just really nicemechanicalmoron is just really nicemechanicalmoron is just really nicemechanicalmoron is just really nicemechanicalmoron is just really nicemechanicalmoron is just really nicemechanicalmoron is just really nicemechanicalmoron is just really nice
Quote:
Calling for action to take back our constitutional rights is anti American now? Good God.

Just out of curiosity, you don't have to answer obviously, but what is your pre existing condition?
You don't have a constitutional right to be free from obamacare.

You do have a lot of constitutional rights that are being trampled, but it's not by guns or an opposing force, or at least, not one that can't be stopped without guns..... it's by money, special interests, and a system that profits by having ever more laws, arrests, and americans behind bars or in their giant sick peeping-tom databases. The only way to fix this is for people to stop caring about the kardashians and iPhones, and go protest and vote and talk about it. And turn off the TV, it lies, on all the "sides" networks.

I'm type 1 diabetic.
Old 10-02-2013, 12:20 AM   #23
theronin
Post Whore!

Quote:
You don't have a constitutional right to be free from obamacare.
Yet our President and Congress do?

I have a constitutional right to keep and bear arms, that's being taken away. I have a constitutional right to free speech, yet in certain areas that is suspended.

Have you modified your diet to help your diabetes? Or do you just rely on your shot?

Old 10-02-2013, 01:23 AM   #24
mechanicalmoron
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
Yet our President and Congress do?

I have a constitutional right to keep and bear arms, that's being taken away. I have a constitutional right to free speech, yet in certain areas that is suspended.

Have you modified your diet to help your diabetes? Or do you just rely on your shot?
Our president and congress not taking obamacare, when they already have the country's best health care supplied (at our expense), is the least of what any of them are doing wrong. They are (almost all) totally corrupt, and have sold out the country, and continue to do so, and you worry about them not being included in obamacare?

Your right to keep and bear arms is not being taken away whatsoever. It is, and has been since the beginning, expanding, in fact.

For instance, if you actually read the bill of rights, you'll notice that the second amendment does not say you can have any gun you want, it does not say precisely what the right you have is, but leaves the only clue to that it's mention of militias - that is, you have the right to have the gun that the government wants you to have, to fight in the army. It's the only right that is being expanded, currently, and there are two reasons: there's a lot of money in guns, it's a market that really doesn't saturate, and, all the guns in the world won't protect you from the reality of the current state of the country, or those who pull the strings. Thus, guns are like gold and silver: they get some people (incidentally, your enemies) really rich, while making you feel more prepared to face the very problems that you already lost the war to.

diet has little to do with type one diabetes. It's also known as "juvenile diabetes", it's a lifelong condition where the pancreas simply does not make insulin. Carbohydrates consumed must be counted and countered with injected insulin, or the individual would die rather quickly (a matter of days, possibly hours depending on the situation). It's a constant dictator of lifestyle in many ways. It has nothing to do with being fat or unhealthy, it is not a choice I made, and it is not some sort of "bootstraps" issue where I could just not eat potato chips and have my condition disappear. I think your question shows exactly what is wrong with the approach and assumptions you are using - you did not disguise this by asking it in a non-accusatory manner.
Old 10-02-2013, 03:33 AM   #25
tiggertsi
Zilvia Member

Quote:
Our president and congress not taking obamacare, when they already have the country's best health care supplied (at our expense), is the least of what any of them are doing wrong. They are (almost all) totally corrupt, and have sold out the country, and continue to do so, and you worry about them not being included in obamacare?

Your right to keep and bear arms is not being taken away whatsoever. It is, and has been since the beginning, expanding, in fact.

For instance, if you actually read the bill of rights, you'll notice that the second amendment does not say you can have any gun you want, it does not say precisely what the right you have is, but leaves the only clue to that it's mention of militias - that is, you have the right to have the gun that the government wants you to have, to fight in the army. It's the only right that is being expanded, currently, and there are two reasons: there's a lot of money in guns, it's a market that really doesn't saturate, and, all the guns in the world won't protect you from the reality of the current state of the country, or those who pull the strings. Thus, guns are like gold and silver: they get some people (incidentally, your enemies) really rich, while making you feel more prepared to face the very problems that you already lost the war to.

i think your understanding of the 2nd amendment is flawed, if you mean that the type of arm is limited to what government deems is ok and that a militia is a formal military system of the government. just read the drafters own words on the right to bear arms from the time and you'll quickly see this is not the case.

also earlier you mentioned you do not have a constitutional right to be free from obamacare, but there was an early supreme court case were the supreme court decided that the federal government does not have the authority to compel anyone to buy anything particularly as it applies to the commerce clause. later i'll try to find the exact court case to post and let you read it. but this is exactly why the supreme court decision on obamacare had to justify it as a tax on something you refused to buy.

Last edited by tiggertsi; 10-02-2013 at 04:30 AM..
tiggertsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 07:20 AM   #26
drftngs14
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (1)
drftngs14 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Im glad this thread was created because Im an insurance agent, broker. Obviously there is a lot of misinformation being discussed through our wonderful media and current administration. Those on group coverage through employers this reform has affected you as a much as those who buy insurance themselves outside an employer. Reason health insurance costs have increased is for a few reasons:
1) Since insurance carriers have to accept and cover anyone with any pre existing, they had to spread the risk of claims throughout the entire market, including those who are young and healthy, like myself. Im, self employed and pay my own insurance so Im in the same boat as many of you and those I speak with daily.
2) New taxes and fees put in play by this reform causes their administration fees to increase, which in turns makes premiums rise.
3) As claims from people with pre existing conditions come in, those premiums those individuals are paying will not off set the amount going out. This is related to point 1

Now, don't assume Im on the side of insurance companies, Im not. In a way this reform shold net me more income. I am opposed to this reform cause its done nothing to hold down costs, unless of course you don't make a great deal of money and qualify for a decent subsidy from the gov't.

Also keep in mind you are not forced to go into the exchange or marketplace. You can choose to stay in the private sector and pay similar costs to what you're paying now. These plans still have medical underwriting so you can be turned down or have an exclusion placed on a specific condition. The other down fall of staying outside the exchange is you are subject to the tax fine as Obama does not see these plans as "qualified". What I mean by this, these plans provide options to you, you are not forced to select the coverages he sees fit for you. Rememberr all the reform, exchange or marketplace plans must be uniform as these are the qualified plans. Personally, Im keeping my current coverage and paying the fine. Im 27 yrs old, I don't need dr visits, rx, or dental nor do I want to pay 75-100% more through the exchange or marketplace for the same coverage. Since I make over 60k as an individual I qualify for no subsidy and my rate would be 298 instead of 132 per month.

If anyone seems to think the govt should be able to tell you what coverage you have to have, don't complain when they start telling you you can or can not do other things, like possess guns of your choice or job you choose or college you go to.

If anyone needs help or has questions Im more than happy to answer questions, describe your options and if Im licensed in your state Ill help you enroll.
drftngs14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 11:56 AM   #27
tiggertsi
Zilvia Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by drftngs14 View Post
If anyone seems to think the govt should be able to tell you what coverage you have to have, don't complain when they start telling you you can or can not do other things, like possess guns of your choice or job you choose or college you go to.
bing-fucking-o. well said and very correct. the idea that the government can tell you what to do goes against the very idea of liberty. that is why the constitution was written; to limit the power the federal government and not as some seem to think to provide us with liberty. liberty, ie freedom, is free and given unto you the moment you were born. hence why thomas jefferson wrote in the declaration of independence .....
Quote:
We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.
and to end this kind of crap we should do what jefferson goes on to say .......
Quote:
That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed, That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Safety and Happiness.
which by the way, i think, means revolution.

oh and another jefferson quote, clearly i think he was a badass for his time and still is, anyways .......
Quote:
I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.
Old 10-02-2013, 03:03 PM   #28
theronin
Post Whore!

Quote:
bing-fucking-o. well said and very correct. the idea that the government can tell you what to do goes against the very idea of liberty. that is why the constitution was written; to limit the power the federal government and not as some seem to think to provide us with liberty. liberty, ie freedom, is free and given unto you the moment you were born. hence why thomas jefferson wrote in the declaration of independence .....

and to end this kind of crap we should do what jefferson goes on to say .......

which by the way, i think, means revolution.

oh and another jefferson quote, clearly i think he was a badass for his time and still is, anyways .......
Careful man, I hear that kinda talk is Un American.

Old 10-02-2013, 03:06 PM   #29
S14DB
AFC #1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sx2scvIFGjE
Old 10-02-2013, 03:55 PM   #30
tiggertsi
Zilvia Member

/\
||
that reminds me of mark dice and what he does showing how ignorant people are .....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XoHFWx5JWEk
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SpHOaW99ST4
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9NCitCRi7DA