Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Closed Thread

Old 03-10-2016, 10:56 AM   #1
SofaKingBoosted

Trader Rating: (0)
SofaKingBoosted is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Little Advice Please

I have a 1995 with a s13 Redtop sr swap. Need to know a couple things:

1- What o2 sensor to run? Part Number?
2- Need a cold side intercooler pipe with a BOV flange on it already. Anyone have a used one? OR know where I can just get the pipe? I have a greddy BOV and Greddy Front mount set up. I believe I need the s13 pipe. I don't wanna run the cheap BOV and have to buy the whole Kit for one pipe.

Thanks!!
Sponsored Links
Old 03-10-2016, 11:12 AM   #2
derass
Zilvia FREAK!

derass is making a name for him/her selfderass is making a name for him/her self
You're not going to be able to buy just the cold pipe from a retailer. Your options are:

The Classified section here on Zilvia

Have one fabricated - will likely need to have the car with the person building it

A piping kit - ISIS fits identaiclly to GReddy and CXRacing is cheap
Old 03-10-2016, 11:23 AM   #3
e1_griego
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (24)
e1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 24 reviews
62 (redtop) ecu = skinny o2. Look on frsport, thenismoshop or nissanparts.cc
Old 03-10-2016, 11:33 AM   #4
SofaKingBoosted

SofaKingBoosted is an unknown quantity at this point
oh Christ I keep being told fat style now skinny lmfao...
Old 03-10-2016, 11:39 AM   #5
e1_griego
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (24)
e1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 24 reviews
e5/j4 = fat
62 = skinny

Stop asking people who don't know what they're talking about.
Old 03-10-2016, 12:05 PM   #6
LoSt180
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (18)
LoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 18 reviews
Related question: Can I just use a US KA or a FWD SR O2 sensor? The connectors are the same, all are 3 wire type, not sure if they actually read differently or not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SofaKingBoosted View Post
I have a 1995 with a s13 Redtop sr swap. Need to know a couple things:

1- What o2 sensor to run? Part Number?
2- Need a cold side intercooler pipe with a BOV flange on it already. Anyone have a used one? OR know where I can just get the pipe? I have a greddy BOV and Greddy Front mount set up. I believe I need the s13 pipe. I don't wanna run the cheap BOV and have to buy the whole Kit for one pipe.
Thanks!!
#1: Nissan O2 part numbers are: "skinny" 22690-50F00 & "fatty" 22690-69F03
#2: Greddy sells a HOT pipe with BOV flanges attached. If you want it on the cold side, you'll have to have a flange welded on. If frsport can't get you just the pipe, you can buy a Greddy BOV "kit" and just sell your extra BOV.
Old 03-10-2016, 12:45 PM   #7
JM216S14
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (3)
JM216S14 is on a distinguished road
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by SofaKingBoosted View Post
oh Christ I keep being told fat style now skinny lmfao...

lmfao
Old 03-10-2016, 01:24 PM   #8
RB25GUY
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (9)
RB25GUY is a name known to allRB25GUY is a name known to allRB25GUY is a name known to allRB25GUY is a name known to allRB25GUY is a name known to allRB25GUY is a name known to allRB25GUY is a name known to allRB25GUY is a name known to allRB25GUY is a name known to allRB25GUY is a name known to allRB25GUY is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
I just messaged you about a bov
Old 03-10-2016, 03:10 PM   #9
Kingtal0n
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (17)
Kingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Kingtal0n
You can use any O2 sensor you want, from any store, from any car, as long as it is a typical narrowband sensor and fits your housing. When I need an O2 sensor, I go straight to pep boys, and look through boxes until I find a simple 1-wire sensor, then I find 3 more, and buy the cheapest one. Usually $8 or $12. One time I found a place selling 4-wire narrowbands for $3/each I bought 10 of them at once.

Point is, you can use anything that will fit, 1, 2, 3, 4 wires doesnt matter. They all work the same. Find the signal wire and wire it to the ECU and it will work. Even if its a 4-wire sensor, and you leave the other 3 wires dangling, it will still work. Just make sure you connect the correct wire to the ECU. You can use a multi meter to check the wires first, turn the key on and find the one with ground, then find the one with +12v, then the last wire leftover is the signal wire.
Old 03-10-2016, 03:30 PM   #10
10psitx
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (1)
10psitx is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingtal0n View Post
You can use any O2 sensor you want, from any store, from any car, as long as it is a typical narrowband sensor and fits your housing. When I need an O2 sensor, I go straight to pep boys, and look through boxes until I find a simple 1-wire sensor, then I find 3 more, and buy the cheapest one. Usually $8 or $12. One time I found a place selling 4-wire narrowbands for $3/each I bought 10 of them at once.

Point is, you can use anything that will fit, 1, 2, 3, 4 wires doesnt matter. They all work the same. Find the signal wire and wire it to the ECU and it will work. Even if its a 4-wire sensor, and you leave the other 3 wires dangling, it will still work. Just make sure you connect the correct wire to the ECU. You can use a multi meter to check the wires first, turn the key on and find the one with ground, then find the one with +12v, then the last wire leftover is the signal wire.
huh?....the sensor needs to be specific to the ecu they have different output signals ....now beyond this the engine can run without the sensor so i'm assuming this is why you think any sensor works.
I have a SR20DE currently running without an o2 sensor, the gas consumption is a tad bit higher that when it was there.

Please stop the mis-information

OP a quick google search...info taken from existing Zilvia threads....learn to search please.

US Parts cross reference
S13 SR20DET REDTOP: 22690-19P20 ('87 280ZX)
S13 SR20DET BLACKTOP: 95 300ZX TT

Redtop skinny O2 sensors are Titania based. Fat type blacktop O2 sensors are Zirconia. Depending on what ECU you choose, you need to choose the corresponding O2 sensor.

Look at the differences of Titania vs Zirconia oxygen sensors on google.

Titania = variable resistance
Zirconia = produces voltage
Old 03-10-2016, 04:02 PM   #11
Kingtal0n
Post Whore!

Kingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by 10psitx View Post
huh?....the sensor needs to be specific to the ecu they have different output signals ....now beyond this the engine can run without the sensor so i'm assuming this is why you think any sensor works.
I have a SR20DE currently running without an o2 sensor, the gas consumption is a tad bit higher that when it was there.

Please stop the mis-information

OP a quick google search...info taken from existing Zilvia threads....learn to search please.

US Parts cross reference
S13 SR20DET REDTOP: 22690-19P20 ('87 280ZX)
S13 SR20DET BLACKTOP: 95 300ZX TT

Redtop skinny O2 sensors are Titania based. Fat type blacktop O2 sensors are Zirconia. Depending on what ECU you choose, you need to choose the corresponding O2 sensor.

Look at the differences of Titania vs Zirconia oxygen sensors on google.

Titania = variable resistance
Zirconia = produces voltage
I used to hear this and wonder about it, so I have tested the same O2 sensor on both cars, both computers, a simple 1-wire sensor, and both worked the same. I had a redtop 1992 in my last 240sx a 1995, and successfully used a 1-wire sensor for 4 years of daily driving, over 50,000miles and had a wideband to confirm it was working.

Furthermore, if you buy a power FC often people will use a fat O2 sensor because the entire exhaust system is upgraded along with the turbo (which is why you bought the power FC). That would cause an issue if using the original sensor on a stock engine, yet Apexi never mentions the potential for any problems using OEM or NON-OEM narrowband sensors.
Old 03-10-2016, 04:15 PM   #12
Kingtal0n
Post Whore!

If you need/want a real redtop sensor 3-wire skinny I have one for sale

http://zilvia.net/f/showthread.php?t...=oxygen+sensor
Old 03-10-2016, 04:18 PM   #13
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

Trader Rating: (41)
dorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 41 reviews
redtop SRs require skinny type 02 sensor, they operate differently than the fat types do. also, redtops ground differently than blacktops do. fat type 02 sensors wont work on redtops and vice versa!

all of the parts you are looking for can be ordered via www.frsport.com for relatively cheap. look for "Sr20det COLD PIPE" and youll find one with an already built in Greddy flange.

thread locked.

Check out my IG for what I'm up to! DORKIDORI INSTAGRAM!!!
Closed Thread