Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat > Builds (and builds only)

Builds (and builds only) Got a build thread? It goes here, build threads anywhere else on the forum will be locked and never moved.

Old 03-04-2013, 08:23 PM   #61
atvrider647

Trader Rating: (0)
atvrider647 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
subbing. 10 chars
atvrider647 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-06-2013, 08:44 AM   #62
Tomme

Trader Rating: (4)
Tomme is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by atvrider647 View Post
subbing. 10 chars
atvrider, you don't have to post to subscribe. you can do it using "thread tools" at the top of the page.

---

Mike, this build is looking great! I was also thinking of coating my subframe with a dark gray hammertone. Probably going to do my LCA's, front arms, and front member in the same color, too. Keep up the great work!
Tomme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 02:37 PM   #63
fliprayzin240sx
Man w/ CTSV & a Car Seat

Trader Rating: (19)
fliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Send a message via AIM to fliprayzin240sx
Damn Mike, you planning on retiring first before being able to drive the damn thing?

If you think Zilvia has too many assholes...
CLICK HERE!!!
fliprayzin240sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 03:23 PM   #64
dsc4130
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (1)
dsc4130 is just really nicedsc4130 is just really nicedsc4130 is just really nicedsc4130 is just really nicedsc4130 is just really nicedsc4130 is just really nicedsc4130 is just really nicedsc4130 is just really nicedsc4130 is just really nice
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
nah i have an very hectic lifestyle that keeps mike from working on and ultimately finishing this. btw im andy

should make some good progress on this this weekend as long as my boss doesnt call me in over the weekend. (race season starts this week so it might happen lol)
Old 03-06-2013, 07:16 PM   #65
codyace
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (58)
codyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 58 reviews
Send a message via AIM to codyace
That's a slick piece for the cable!

Want Air Conditioning in your SR20 Swapped car? Check out www.sr20acbrackets.com for more information!

Quest Alternator Conversions for SR20! Check my Group Buy!

Tired of lousy internal gates? Go external wastegate with one of my manifolds, Check out my group buy
codyace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 07:19 AM   #66
Mikester
Nissanaholic!

Mikester is a well-known jackass
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomme View Post
Mike, this build is looking great! I was also thinking of coating my subframe with a dark gray hammertone. Probably going to do my LCA's, front arms, and front member in the same color, too. Keep up the great work!
Thanks! Powder coating definitely adds an element of cleanliness as well as durability. Also a little tricky trying not to scuff/crack the coating when pressing new bushings & ball joints in... If you do it, take your time, use lots of grease on the bushings, lots of padding on your vise; and only the minimum amounts of force needed to get the job(s) done.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fliprayzin240sx View Post
Damn Mike, you planning on retiring first before being able to drive the damn thing?
Oh hey Ray what's up lol... Yea man- Hoping to drive it over to collect my first social security check

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsc4130 View Post
nah i have an very hectic lifestyle that keeps mike from working on and ultimately finishing this. btw im andy

should make some good progress on this this weekend as long as my boss doesnt call me in over the weekend. (race season starts this week so it might happen lol)
Ladies & gentlemen, ^^This be the BAMF helping with this [the biggest] part of the build... and by helping, I mean doing pretty much everything from fabrication to babysitting me to make sure I don't do anything too dumb. Can't thank him enough for all he's doing

Quote:
Originally Posted by codyace View Post
That's a slick piece for the cable!
Domo sir!

As stated above, hoping to make some progress over the next few days. Planning to go over tonight & do some stuff.
Old 03-07-2013, 09:27 PM   #67
Mikester
Nissanaholic!

Well, the throttle cable bracket didn't work with the S14 pulley.. May have to get an S13 pulley, or just make a bracket. Will prolly opt for a fabbed bracket since I already paid $40 for the new S14 pulley.

Got a few things done. Redid the AAC valve coolant lines, painted the brake booster & installed the new fan.

Also received something I've wanted ever since back in the day when I first got into modding my 180-

\BAM!

I loves me some carbon

Should have her rolling on all 4's this weekend... Feels good to be back at it.
Old 03-09-2013, 09:36 PM   #68
Mikester
Nissanaholic!

Upodato:

Freshly waxed engine bay...

Slapped in the crossmember...

Meanwhile, Andy did that BAMF shit he always does... grommets, wipers/cowls/seals etc... (Thank you broham!)

Back on all 4's!

Great evening's work- damn near ready for the motor... still need to connect the brake lines, hook up the line lock and a few other things... but great progress!!!

Heading out to clean up the body harnesses.

Starting to look like a car again- Ever so close

Special thanks to Kate- she was damn near everywhere tonight- manhandling the crossmember, putting in the coils, sanding/repainting the booster... and I'm sure a bunch of stuff I missed... Like Andy, she is AWESOME and her help & friendship are greatly appreciated!
Old 03-09-2013, 10:17 PM   #69
801nismo104
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (8)
801nismo104 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
looks so clean! good luck man
801nismo104 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 06:32 AM   #70
Mikester
Nissanaholic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 801nismo104 View Post
looks so clean! good luck man
I appreciate it- Thank you very much for checking this out!
Old 03-12-2013, 10:02 PM   #71
rednissan180
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (7)
rednissan180 is making a name for him/her selfrednissan180 is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
sooooo shiny!!
rednissan180 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 04:23 PM   #72
Extreme Dimensions
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Trader Rating: (9)
Extreme Dimensions is a splendid one to beholdExtreme Dimensions is a splendid one to beholdExtreme Dimensions is a splendid one to beholdExtreme Dimensions is a splendid one to beholdExtreme Dimensions is a splendid one to beholdExtreme Dimensions is a splendid one to beholdExtreme Dimensions is a splendid one to beholdExtreme Dimensions is a splendid one to beholdExtreme Dimensions is a splendid one to beholdExtreme Dimensions is a splendid one to beholdExtreme Dimensions is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
WOW this is nuts!!
Extreme Dimensions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 08:37 PM   #73
STL240SXDRIFT
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (3)
STL240SXDRIFT is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Sooooo...this wont be there Friday?

LOL just joking man! Looks great! Hopfully it will make it to a few MidniteMadness this year.
STL240SXDRIFT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 10:37 PM   #74
voiddweller
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (4)
voiddweller is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Very nice. Good to see progress
Old 03-13-2013, 10:39 PM   #75
JdmOdz

JdmOdz is an unknown quantity at this point
Loving the prigress
JdmOdz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 11:18 PM   #76
dsc4130
Zilvia Addict

dsc4130 is just really nicedsc4130 is just really nicedsc4130 is just really nicedsc4130 is just really nicedsc4130 is just really nicedsc4130 is just really nicedsc4130 is just really nicedsc4130 is just really nicedsc4130 is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by Extreme Dimensions View Post
WOW this is nuts!!
You aren't kidding lol
Old 03-20-2013, 06:25 AM   #77
Mikester
Nissanaholic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by STL240SXDRIFT View Post
Sooooo...this wont be there Friday?

LOL just joking man! Looks great! Hopfully it will make it to a few MidniteMadness this year.
Haha thanks!!! Even tho the body work will probably not be done by the end of the season, I'd still LOVE to take it out & run the 1/4mi & hard park it at an MM or two

Quote:
Originally Posted by rednissan180 View Post
sooooo shiny!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Extreme Dimensions View Post
WOW this is nuts!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by voiddweller View Post
Very nice. Good to see progress
Quote:
Originally Posted by JdmOdz View Post
Loving the prigress
Thanks erryone!

Last night's progress,

Cleaned & ran body harness (I cleaned, Andy ran lol), slapped some stuff on...

Received the wrong damned A/C condenser Need to return it for the correct one. Also had to take some time to figure out where to cut the fuel feed/return lines & where to mount the regulator & monsta-truck filter... Pretty sure we have a plan. Need o-rings, A/C system solvent (going to back to PAG instead of Ester), new clutch MC & couplers to get here; also to install the line lock before the motor goes in... and possibly another couple fittings from Summit.

Going slow, but making progress. Hoping to hit it again Thursday evening.
Old 03-27-2013, 07:06 AM   #78
Mikester
Nissanaholic!

FINALLY some progress =)

Trimmed fuel lines & put compression to -AN fittings on:

Clutch....

Tranny, starter & lower harness:

VOILA!!!

I love that there is absolutely nothing between the block/head and the firewall now!

^^LOL of course I realized there will be that one A/C line back there... but no coolant hose to fuck with... still a win.

Only a few things left to do to her before she will be ready for the dyno... Excited as fuck!
Old 03-28-2013, 10:47 AM   #79
s14kate

s14kate is an unknown quantity at this point
I am amazed at how fast everything is coming together. It looks so fantastic Mike!!
s14kate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 06:43 PM   #80
Mikester
Nissanaholic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by s14kate View Post
I am amazed at how fast everything is coming together. It looks so fantastic Mike!!
Thank you- Definitely stoked at the progress!!!

Would not have come this far without your help, young lady- you are AMAZING & I'm so thankful for that!!!

Old 03-30-2013, 07:14 AM   #81
jr_ss
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (35)
jr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 35 reviews
Send a message via AIM to jr_ss
Everything is looking great Mike!
Old 03-30-2013, 11:13 AM   #82
HiddenCharacter
Zilvia Member

HiddenCharacter is an unknown quantity at this point
Very nice, I like where this is going.
Old 03-31-2013, 02:09 AM   #83
Mikester
Nissanaholic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jr_ss View Post
Everything is looking great Mike!
Thank you very much man! Also, thank you for being so cool with keeping me pointed in the right direction. Believe it or not, I'm much more of a booksmart science nerd; not very mechanically inclined... common sense bus passed me by at birth lol- So having people like Andy who builds race cars for a living to help with the fabrication & other hard stuff, as well as actual gearheads like you, 4x4le, ForeginMuscle & a few other BAMFs on the forums to get advice from has been absolutely awesome... Happy Easter.

BTW not sure where you're at with the 14, but I'd love to see a vid & hear what she sounds like running & tuned.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HiddenCharacter View Post
Very nice, I like where this is going.
Thank you! Been dreaming of this since 2008 staring at bunch of parts boxes I brought home from Japan... Will be very happy to actually drive this thing with the SR built & nothing left but the exterior; which will be the easiest part (drop off at body shop, tell them what I want, pick it up when it's done lol).
Old 03-31-2013, 01:23 PM   #84
jr_ss
Post Whore!

jr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond repute
Mike, no worries man, it's a labor of love. I am actually. I further along on the S14 as I was in Febuaury. I've been super busy at work, in and out of town, that I haven't had much of a chance to work on it. I'm hoping after this next trip things mellow out a bit and I can get a few hours a night to work on it.

Another thing that will be intervening will be the purchase of my first home. It needs quite a bit of work so the car will probably see the back burner more often than not. I will not be getting rid of her though, so when I do find the time, it will be worked on and brought back to life.
Old 04-02-2013, 07:27 PM   #85
blksylv
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (33)
blksylv is not welcome here anymoreblksylv is not welcome here anymoreblksylv is not welcome here anymoreblksylv is not welcome here anymoreblksylv is not welcome here anymoreblksylv is not welcome here anymoreblksylv is not welcome here anymoreblksylv is not welcome here anymoreblksylv is not welcome here anymore
Feedback Score: 33 reviews
nice build and love the wheels btw
there is nothing wrong with enjoying the build. however, we sometimes have to remind ourselves that the build is only one part of the puzzle, and that ultimately - enjoying and driving the car is the number one priority.
blksylv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 06:45 AM   #86
Mikester
Nissanaholic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jr_ss View Post
Mike, no worries man, it's a labor of love. the car will probably see the back burner more often than not. I will not be getting rid of her though, so when I do find the time, it will be worked on and brought back to life.
Dude, I can totally relate- I had to stare at a pile of parts boxes for 4 yrs thanks to a very expensive divorce. Now it's going on 5, and once I get it up, running and tuned [between work & school] it will go right to the bottom of the list while the kids are out for summer. Nice to know there is another dude out there who sees the value of a patient build vs. throwing shit together in a hurry just to 'get it done.'

Quote:
Originally Posted by blksylv View Post
nice build and love the wheels btw
Thanks! Funny story behind the Volks- When I first saw them, a buddy of mine had them on his 180SX... and I fell in love w/the way they looked on it... Then the very same set ended up on another buddy of mine's Tourer V... My [ex]wife knew that I loved those rims & managed to sweet talk him out of the set for a ridiculous good deal before he left the island [military]... and she gave them to me as a Christmas gift in 07'. To this day, I love the look of them, and will likely keep them until they turn to dust.

Thanks for checking this out- really appreciating everyone's feedback~
Old 04-03-2013, 09:20 PM   #87
Mikester
Nissanaholic!

Minor progress tonight. Got the driveshaft in, serviced the tranny & installed the shifter.

^^It was kinda cool feeling my shifter out after so long of 'wishing'

Took this pic just because I thought the bay looked cool in the light:

Yea I know, not much progress, but progress nonetheless!

Slowly but surely inching toward the dyno
Old 04-03-2013, 09:32 PM   #88
codyace
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (58)
codyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 58 reviews
Send a message via AIM to codyace
NICE!!!!

With those little fuel lines you made, did you go from a -5 to fitting, or did you flare it to a -6 and go from there?

Want Air Conditioning in your SR20 Swapped car? Check out www.sr20acbrackets.com for more information!

Quest Alternator Conversions for SR20! Check my Group Buy!

Tired of lousy internal gates? Go external wastegate with one of my manifolds, Check out my group buy
codyace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 09:46 PM   #89
jr_ss
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by codyace View Post
NICE!!!!

With those little fuel lines you made, did you go from a -5 to fitting, or did you flare it to a -6 and go from there?
Cody, I'm going to take a guess that you a referring to the AN adapters he used on the hardlines? If I'm not mistaken he bought the 5/16 fittings and they are a perfect fit. They must be the SS ones though, as the aluminum fittings don't compress the steel hardline, they just distort the compression fitting and ultimately end up leaking.
Old 04-04-2013, 04:50 AM   #90
Mikester
Nissanaholic!

^^Yup.

5/16" compression to 3/8" NPT, and 3/8" NPT to -6AN... all SS- Thanks again for saving my ass on that one~

Codyace, I'm not that smart (more of a weekend wrencher than actual mechanic) lol. I was only gonna do -6 AN straight from hardlines like I did on the 180 until I saw jr_ss' build. Lucky for me, he was nice enough to let me know that the aluminum fittings I had ordered wouldn't work. The SS compression to NPT fittings were only 5-6 bucks apiece... The NPT to -AN were expensive as hell lol.

Last edited by Mikester; 04-04-2013 at 06:32 AM..
Mikester is offline   Reply With Quote