Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 05-01-2007, 11:22 PM   #121
s13gold
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (79)
s13gold is close to perfections13gold is close to perfections13gold is close to perfections13gold is close to perfections13gold is close to perfections13gold is close to perfections13gold is close to perfections13gold is close to perfections13gold is close to perfections13gold is close to perfections13gold is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 79 reviews
uhmmm....my right blinker blinks fast as hell while the left is normal
s13gold is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-02-2007, 10:30 AM   #122
corey240
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (2)
corey240 is not welcome here anymorecorey240 is not welcome here anymorecorey240 is not welcome here anymorecorey240 is not welcome here anymorecorey240 is not welcome here anymorecorey240 is not welcome here anymorecorey240 is not welcome here anymorecorey240 is not welcome here anymore
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to corey240 Send a message via MSN to corey240
well im getting a weird code 13 on my sr, which shouldnt be happening. see, everything worked fine befor, but i got a blown motor. so now that i finished building my motor and put it back in, im getting this bs code 13 which is coolant temp sensor. so i replace the sensors, yes both for the hell of it. still, and after checking all voltages (fine) its still gayed.
Old 05-02-2007, 01:26 PM   #123
J-Style
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (0)
J-Style has a brilliant futureJ-Style has a brilliant futureJ-Style has a brilliant futureJ-Style has a brilliant futureJ-Style has a brilliant futureJ-Style has a brilliant futureJ-Style has a brilliant futureJ-Style has a brilliant futureJ-Style has a brilliant futureJ-Style has a brilliant futureJ-Style has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
This is an awesome thread! Here are my gremlin's...

* My high-beams don't work.

*My passanger-side seatbelt works when it feels like it.

*My check engine light is always on or flashing.

*My gauge lights don't work.

*My left-rear side-marker doesn't work.

*My entire C.D. deck and speaker's no longer work.

*My ignition switch is temperamental.

I can't seem to remember my other electrical problems, but there are more. My 240sx seems to have a new electrical problem everyday.
J-Style is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 02:51 PM   #124
Taniguchi_Is_#1
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
Taniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfectionTaniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfectionTaniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfectionTaniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfectionTaniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfectionTaniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfectionTaniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfectionTaniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfectionTaniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfectionTaniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfectionTaniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
my low beams like to work on one side only and they alternate at various times. sometimes they don't work at all.
Taniguchi_Is_#1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 09:11 PM   #125
Addicted2Kouki
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (15)
Addicted2Kouki is close to perfectionAddicted2Kouki is close to perfectionAddicted2Kouki is close to perfectionAddicted2Kouki is close to perfectionAddicted2Kouki is close to perfectionAddicted2Kouki is close to perfectionAddicted2Kouki is close to perfectionAddicted2Kouki is close to perfectionAddicted2Kouki is close to perfectionAddicted2Kouki is close to perfectionAddicted2Kouki is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 15 reviews
when i turn my driver side speakers dont put out any sound. opening and closing the door sometimes helps.. hard to do on the freeway though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by coreansurfer View Post
zenki's are for poors and lames

with the exception of norm who is big ballin
FS:CUSCO,GREDDY,KA-Tparts
Addicted2Kouki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2007, 12:30 AM   #126
eminem_rh25

eminem_rh25 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Addicted2Kouki View Post
when i turn my driver side speakers dont put out any sound. opening and closing the door sometimes helps.. hard to do on the freeway though.
Pull your speaker out and make sure the wires are making good contact with the speaker and there is no loose exposed connections.. Sounds like when you turn, the wire grounds to the inside of the door.

My current problem is my car's battery will not charge. I've replaced the alternator and the battery, and still the same problem! I'm going to replace the battery cables. I got a charge kit and ground kit from a member of Club-S12 so I'm gonna see if that works..
eminem_rh25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2007, 12:37 AM   #127
street240
Zilvia Junkie

street240 is just really nicestreet240 is just really nicestreet240 is just really nicestreet240 is just really nicestreet240 is just really nicestreet240 is just really nicestreet240 is just really nicestreet240 is just really nicestreet240 is just really nice
My car has the 5 spd swap so I get the check engine light sometimes for the neutral switch.
Old 05-04-2007, 01:03 AM   #128
jussjepbrox
Zilvia Member

jussjepbrox will become famous soon enoughjussjepbrox will become famous soon enoughjussjepbrox will become famous soon enoughjussjepbrox will become famous soon enough
i got a funny one whhanged my steering wheel to a momo i didnt have cruise control anymore. later on my wiring got fucked up long story and i had to redo the wires in the harness and now when i signal right my cruise control works i have no idea how, its safe tho as soon as i tap the brakes or clutch the cruise turns off
jussjepbrox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2007, 07:42 PM   #129
wannabe_drifter
Zilvia Member

wannabe_drifter is a splendid one to beholdwannabe_drifter is a splendid one to beholdwannabe_drifter is a splendid one to beholdwannabe_drifter is a splendid one to beholdwannabe_drifter is a splendid one to beholdwannabe_drifter is a splendid one to beholdwannabe_drifter is a splendid one to beholdwannabe_drifter is a splendid one to beholdwannabe_drifter is a splendid one to beholdwannabe_drifter is a splendid one to beholdwannabe_drifter is a splendid one to behold
when I am accelerating, I get to about 5500-6000 rpm, all the lights dim and the car almost stops accelerating. (can anyone help for this it is really annoying!!)

The wipers turn on randomly sometimes when I start the car.

When I first got the car I would accelerate up to 5000 rpm and then the wipers would come on, speedo would stop working, some lights in the dash would light up and the car would brutally stop accelerating... Turned ou to be a blown 80 amp fuse, can't remember which though.
wannabe_drifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2007, 07:54 PM   #130
love_free_robots
Leaky Injector

love_free_robots is a well-known jackass
Send a message via AIM to love_free_robots
no brights they just turn off, horn works sometimes, seat belt kept on going back and forth i had to unplugg it, no back up lamps, tachometer not working, the list goes on.
love_free_robots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2007, 07:57 PM   #131
TheTimanator
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (1)
TheTimanator has a reputation beyond reputeTheTimanator has a reputation beyond reputeTheTimanator has a reputation beyond reputeTheTimanator has a reputation beyond reputeTheTimanator has a reputation beyond reputeTheTimanator has a reputation beyond reputeTheTimanator has a reputation beyond reputeTheTimanator has a reputation beyond reputeTheTimanator has a reputation beyond reputeTheTimanator has a reputation beyond reputeTheTimanator has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
lol, i never realized how many people had eletrical problems...
I fixed all my electrical gremlins when I first got the car.... replaced headlight motor and unplugged the ebrake sensor so the light would stop randomly flashing.

The only weird thing it does now is the car pulses (idle doesn't change or anything) when the radiator fans come on. Also the my pilot fcg-x (fan control and digital water temp gauge) gets horribly inaccurate when the fans are on. This will soon be fixed b/c I switching to a clutch fan....
Old 08-21-2007, 05:09 PM   #132
WERDdabuilder
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (17)
WERDdabuilder is close to perfectionWERDdabuilder is close to perfectionWERDdabuilder is close to perfectionWERDdabuilder is close to perfectionWERDdabuilder is close to perfectionWERDdabuilder is close to perfectionWERDdabuilder is close to perfectionWERDdabuilder is close to perfectionWERDdabuilder is close to perfectionWERDdabuilder is close to perfectionWERDdabuilder is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
when i press my brake..idle goes down a little.
Old 08-21-2007, 05:40 PM   #133
zaneithan
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (10)
zaneithan is a splendid one to beholdzaneithan is a splendid one to beholdzaneithan is a splendid one to beholdzaneithan is a splendid one to beholdzaneithan is a splendid one to beholdzaneithan is a splendid one to beholdzaneithan is a splendid one to beholdzaneithan is a splendid one to beholdzaneithan is a splendid one to beholdzaneithan is a splendid one to beholdzaneithan is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
the daily has a mess of electrical gremlins (s13 btw), seatbelt light comes on randomly all the time, the dimmer on the gauges doesnt work at all, all four speakers have a short and come in and out at random times and just recently the climate control light has been going dimmer and brighter randomly

1993 240sx fastback (wrecked)
1991 240sx SE fastback Daily Driver status
1992 240sx fastback (???)
1986 Toyota Corolla SR5 Coupe (sold)
zaneithan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2007, 08:07 PM   #134
ILiveToDrift
Zilvia Member

ILiveToDrift is an unknown quantity at this point
I cannot turn my running lights on without blowing a fuse that is connected to my taillights, running lights, and back lighting to my gauges. I have the tailights hooked up so they are on all the time but I cant see how fast I'm going at night unless I use my cell phone as a light and of course no running lights. I belive its shorting out somewhere inside because I've had the running lights disconected and it still blows that fuse. Any thoughts?
Old 08-21-2007, 08:29 PM   #135
SexPanda
Post Whore!

SexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to SexPanda Send a message via MSN to SexPanda
I got the usual no gauge cluster lights thing...

I can live with it...
SexPanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2007, 11:56 AM   #136
hay_hay13

hay_hay13 is making a name for him/her selfhay_hay13 is making a name for him/her self
Quote:
Originally Posted by rancid240 View Post
Same here.......
yeah that happens to me too. but whenever that happens the lights for the ac/fan/temp controls are either off or flickering its weird.....
hay_hay13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2007, 12:13 PM   #137
tangch
Leaky Injector

tangch is an unknown quantity at this point
my radio goes on and off randomly...not sure if it is the power source, cuz i can still eject or put in the cd
tangch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2007, 12:13 PM   #138
trsilvias13
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (5)
trsilvias13 is a splendid one to beholdtrsilvias13 is a splendid one to beholdtrsilvias13 is a splendid one to beholdtrsilvias13 is a splendid one to beholdtrsilvias13 is a splendid one to beholdtrsilvias13 is a splendid one to beholdtrsilvias13 is a splendid one to beholdtrsilvias13 is a splendid one to beholdtrsilvias13 is a splendid one to beholdtrsilvias13 is a splendid one to beholdtrsilvias13 is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Werddabuilder - you have a loose vacuum.

I have code 1008 - stupid obd2 s14
trsilvias13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2007, 12:19 PM   #139
LongGrain
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (5)
LongGrain is close to perfectionLongGrain is close to perfectionLongGrain is close to perfectionLongGrain is close to perfectionLongGrain is close to perfectionLongGrain is close to perfectionLongGrain is close to perfectionLongGrain is close to perfectionLongGrain is close to perfectionLongGrain is close to perfectionLongGrain is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
my rear wiper used to wipe whenever i pushed the brake pedal. and it would shut off when i let go of the pedal most of the time, sometimes it would keep going...even if i shut the car off completely, but now i have a wingless/wiperless hatch.
LongGrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2007, 12:58 PM   #140
240AM

240AM has a little shameless behavior in the past
This is a great thread. Only one headlight will close. (fixed with permanent sleepy eye) Car dies when high beams are turned on. (fixed with better fuse)

And the best one, I had a problem when I first got the car that when I put the key in the ignition the headlights would go up and down and the seat belts would move back and forward. It looked like a scene from poltergeist. That problem went away when I removed the auto seat belts and I have subsequently rewired almost everything in the car.

http://www.driftopia.com
240AM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2007, 02:28 PM   #141
Sidewayzzz
Zilvia Member

Sidewayzzz has a spectacular aura aboutSidewayzzz has a spectacular aura aboutSidewayzzz has a spectacular aura aboutSidewayzzz has a spectacular aura aboutSidewayzzz has a spectacular aura aboutSidewayzzz has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to Sidewayzzz
if i put my key in and turn to acc, then take the key out, the lights on my gauge cluster stay lit. I must start the car first, then turn it off and take the key out to get the lights to turn off.
Sidewayzzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2007, 02:41 PM   #142
FinalDrive
Zilvia Junkie

FinalDrive has much to be proud ofFinalDrive has much to be proud ofFinalDrive has much to be proud ofFinalDrive has much to be proud ofFinalDrive has much to be proud ofFinalDrive has much to be proud ofFinalDrive has much to be proud ofFinalDrive has much to be proud ofFinalDrive has much to be proud ofFinalDrive has much to be proud ofFinalDrive has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by FinalDrive View Post
My s13's dash & cluster lights don't work. The fuse is fine and I work too much to mess with it.
My s14 works perfect, never had an electrical issue with it
fixed the lights on the s13... it was the white TCU box in the kick panel
new problem: the gas gauge points straight down, waaaay past E when I first start the car
FinalDrive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2007, 02:43 PM   #143
delphis
Zilvia Junkie

delphis has a spectacular aura aboutdelphis has a spectacular aura aboutdelphis has a spectacular aura aboutdelphis has a spectacular aura aboutdelphis has a spectacular aura aboutdelphis has a spectacular aura about
well I am glad to say the only thing I have is no dome light and my backlight to my clock doesn't work.
delphis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2007, 02:43 PM   #144
Liger
Zilvia Member

Liger is making a name for him/her selfLiger is making a name for him/her self
if parked in the sun too long, automatic doorlocks malfunction
Old 08-22-2007, 04:15 PM   #145
sr20boostn20
Zilvia Junkie

sr20boostn20 is a glorious beacon of lightsr20boostn20 is a glorious beacon of lightsr20boostn20 is a glorious beacon of lightsr20boostn20 is a glorious beacon of lightsr20boostn20 is a glorious beacon of lightsr20boostn20 is a glorious beacon of lightsr20boostn20 is a glorious beacon of lightsr20boostn20 is a glorious beacon of lightsr20boostn20 is a glorious beacon of lightsr20boostn20 is a glorious beacon of lightsr20boostn20 is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via AIM to sr20boostn20
if i turn my radio up to loud, which isnt that loud at all, it shuts off and rests,

seatbelt lite comes on whenever then makes the ding ding noise for a little, goes off then repeats

my windshield wipers dont do the automatic go down thing, and they only have 2 speeds no intermittent, and if i dont realize and leave them on intermitten cause it dosent work, then race, or go over 110mph, they magically start to work.
sr20boostn20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2007, 05:38 AM   #146
slideattack
Leaky Injector

slideattack is on the path to ruinslideattack is on the path to ruin
Quote:
Originally Posted by ILiveToDrift View Post
I cannot turn my running lights on without blowing a fuse that is connected to my taillights, running lights, and back lighting to my gauges. I have the tailights hooked up so they are on all the time but I cant see how fast I'm going at night unless I use my cell phone as a light and of course no running lights. I belive its shorting out somewhere inside because I've had the running lights disconected and it still blows that fuse. Any thoughts?

I am having the same problem.....tailights, guage lights and parking lights dont work. I replaced the fuses mulitple times and it still blows...WTF.... looks like I am going to have to run new wires from my headlight switch out to all of the lights. I cant find the short
slideattack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2007, 11:31 AM   #147
ride 4 lame
Leaky Injector

ride 4 lame is making a name for him/her selfride 4 lame is making a name for him/her self
Send a message via AIM to ride 4 lame
When i make right turns my dome light turns on.
I think there is something wrong with the driver door striker.
Old 12-28-2007, 01:01 PM   #148
flclsteve
Zilvia Junkie

flclsteve has a brilliant futureflclsteve has a brilliant futureflclsteve has a brilliant futureflclsteve has a brilliant futureflclsteve has a brilliant futureflclsteve has a brilliant futureflclsteve has a brilliant futureflclsteve has a brilliant futureflclsteve has a brilliant futureflclsteve has a brilliant futureflclsteve has a brilliant future
dash lights dont work

dash clock light works but when i turn lights on shuts off

near my center console theres a lil green light that is only on when my car lights are on

and the green lights on to show the ac is on goes on and off as it wants to

but those are just minor things

flclsteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2007, 01:31 PM   #149
Dinosource

Dinosource is on the path to ruinDinosource is on the path to ruin
My gauge cluster only illuminates after the car has been warmed up. By warm, I mean it's been ran for 20-some odd minutes. When I do turn on my headlights, my clock stops illuminating. All of these great features come from my HUD.

Any idea what I should do? It's rather annoying, and I'd hate to replace the cluster if that wasn't really the problem.
Dinosource is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2007, 08:16 PM   #150
powersteeringless180sx
Zilvia Addict

powersteeringless180sx is close to perfectionpowersteeringless180sx is close to perfectionpowersteeringless180sx is close to perfectionpowersteeringless180sx is close to perfectionpowersteeringless180sx is close to perfectionpowersteeringless180sx is close to perfectionpowersteeringless180sx is close to perfectionpowersteeringless180sx is close to perfectionpowersteeringless180sx is close to perfectionpowersteeringless180sx is close to perfectionpowersteeringless180sx is close to perfection
sometimes my headlights have a delay when flipping up. when i turn my lights on sometimes it'll take them 10-15 seconds to flip up.
powersteeringless180sx is offline   Reply With Quote