Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk > S Chassis

S Chassis Technical discussion related to the S Chassis such as the S12, S13, S14, and S15.

Old 11-14-2015, 11:08 AM   #1
Mocha

Trader Rating: (0)
Mocha is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
s13 Dash Lights come on backwards (HUD+LED's)

***SOLVED***

EDIT 1/9/2016: Ok so basically the dash lights had a reverse mentality possibly due to a wiring problem more than likely in the fender harness, but I didn't really feel like removing my fender or further looking for this wire or cluster issue so I created a harness with less than $30 from misc parts on eBay. I ordered 25+25ft of red+black wire 18gauge, and T10 194, T5 74 wedges with external wires. I soldered and carefully created a harness only for the illumination of the dash+clock(T5 74). The circuit is parallel in case any LED goes out the rest will stay lit, should make life easier down the road. Anyways here's the parts to look out for if you want to force your cluster illumination into working without having to search for the wire issue. This is not a very hard thing to make just very time consuming but worth it in the end if all you want is a functioning illumination for your cluster. I used the CIG LIGHTER fuse for the 12v power, and grounded the parallel circuit to the bolt where the TCU is mounted. It's important to liberally use electrical tape so there is no exposed wire, and to carefully feed the wires through the opening behind the cluster cut/crimp/solder/heatshrink the ends appropriately as this if not done exactly right is a fire hazard. So if you're not totally confident in electric do not attempt.

***COVER ALL BARE WIRES AND SOLDERS WITH HEATSHRINK/ELECTRICAL TAPE 2x LAYERS IS BEST WRAPPED AROUND THE ENTIRE WIRE***

Last edited by Mocha; 01-09-2016 at 04:18 PM.. Reason: SOLVED
Mocha is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-21-2015, 10:06 PM   #2
Mocha

n/a SOLVED ***see above notes***

Last edited by Mocha; 01-09-2016 at 04:08 PM..
Mocha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2015, 05:03 PM   #3
1wheelwonder

Trader Rating: (1)
1wheelwonder is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
You figure this out yet?
1wheelwonder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2016, 04:18 PM   #4
Mocha

bump, I don't recommend it as it isn't a "real" solution to this problem, don't sue me if something goes wrong you'll need a lot of electrical tape for this to be done right and a lot of skill. I recommend that once you discover the actual problem to your cluster lighting to solve it and to remove this harness as it's only really a temporary fix unless you're totally keen on keeping it like this, please no flame I know it's bad lol, but it's easy to test and it works, and costs less than $30 to create assuming you already got the tools.