Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk > Engine Tech

Engine Tech Technical discussion related to all relevant engines such as KA, SR, RB, CA, 2JZ , L24/26/28, VG, VQ, and LSx series.

Old 02-24-2017, 07:47 AM   #901
1UZVillain

Trader Rating: (0)
1UZVillain is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by mailman31090 View Post
Yea, Yury is the man. He's the one that did my ecu, real cool guy.

1UZVillain, as far as fuel return you don't have to drill out the rail to add a fpr. Since the 1uz vvti only has a single feed with no return at the rail I placed the fpr before the single feed to the rail pulsation dampeners. I used an ebay aeromotive copy and replaced all the internals with genuine aeromotive parts (regulator, spring, seat, bolts, etc). It's a 3 port so 1 feed from tank, 1 return to tank, 1 feed to rail.

You can also use a 3 port internal fpr fuel filter like you stated from a vw or audi. I believe those are set to about 58psi (atleast the ones I found). Other car makers do have them to so you can find one for what pressure you want to run.
sounds good thanks, gotta get this thing going
1UZVillain is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-24-2017, 07:48 AM   #902
1UZVillain

what do you guys think about running dual exhaust on the 1uz with side exits??

what are your exhaust setups?
Old 02-24-2017, 07:53 AM   #903
1UZVillain

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1UZVillain View Post
what do you guys think about running dual exhaust on the 1uz with side exits??

what are your exhaust setups?
nevermind im going straight out the back, but duals
Old 03-25-2017, 11:22 AM   #904
1UZVillain

any updates guys? its warming up on the east coast, im back in the garage
Old 04-06-2017, 09:03 AM   #905
914Slide
Leaky Injector

914Slide can only hope to improve
s13 Xat stuff !

Quote:
any updates guys? its warming up on the east coast, im back in the garage
Whats up villain i am also starting on my cars swap, i was hoping we can keep this plethora of information going on the uz! xat no longer sells stuff for the ka trans! just was on the phone with them. I Have been calling around for flywheel options it seams like these guys still have it to this date. wwwtoyotav8.com

Last edited by 914Slide; 04-06-2017 at 03:23 PM..
914Slide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2017, 03:26 PM   #906
914Slide
Leaky Injector

s13

Quote:
Originally Posted by nextproject View Post
I plan on installing a brand new toyota starter when i do my swap, so its "POSSIBLE" if you heavily modify the adapter plate? i dont really see the plate itself as a load-bearing item, so as long as the rest of the everything is tight and flush, starter bolt holes will most likely get cut into it when i get mine.

Is XAT Racing still operating? I sent them an email a month ago and never heard back and their FB page is OOOOOOOOLD.

Thats the company i was going to purchase mounts/adapter plate from. Their website copyright expired in 2013?

I'll call them monday. Things are finally going to start rolling on the SW20 i have to get rid of first. By the looks of the throttle body on the VVTi engine, it seems to have some sort of traction control/throttle override on the drivers side of the TB. I need to get ahold of some people that have swapped these engines. Everyone here seems to be going for the cheaper/more plentiful non-vvti engines.
they only make stuff for z33 trans still. ka (the weak stuff ) they dont make anything for it.
Old 04-07-2017, 08:55 AM   #907
1UZVillain

Quote:
Originally Posted by 914Slide View Post
Whats up villain i am also starting on my cars swap, i was hoping we can keep this plethora of information going on the uz! xat no longer sells stuff for the ka trans! just was on the phone with them. I Have been calling around for flywheel options it seams like these guys still have it to this date. wwwtoyotav8.com
Me too, im pretty active, i check this forum almost everyday, i started out on with my ka24e-t build but plans change (school) and im going for the swap.

I got my entire swap from collins, complete swap to get it in there. i think they made a flywheel for it. with a clutch setup (i forgot what brand, ill look at it when i get home its rated for like 370+

only obstacles i have is: time, wiring and extra hands
Old 04-07-2017, 11:10 PM   #908
914Slide
Leaky Injector

@1uzvillain Im going to get the ka adapter plate from him very soon. I am just a little stuck on the release bearing the length,that it has to be modded. I was also thinking about picking up his pilot bushing adapter it basically just looks like a sleeve that fits a oem brass bushing, but does anyone know if this works with all flywheel options? has anyone ever looked in to a 5sfe fly wheel from the camry it looks like it could be a direct fit? http://www.ebay.com/itm/EXEDY-CLUTCH...%7CModel%3AMR2 also villain i will be very active and checking in daily
Old 04-09-2017, 08:19 AM   #909
1UZVillain

Quote:
@1uzvillain Im going to get the ka adapter plate from him very soon. I am just a little stuck on the release bearing the length,that it has to be modded. I was also thinking about picking up his pilot bushing adapter it basically just looks like a sleeve that fits a oem brass bushing, but does anyone know if this works with all flywheel options? has anyone ever looked in to a 5sfe fly wheel from the camry it looks like it could be a direct fit? http://www.ebay.com/itm/EXEDY-CLUTCH...%7CModel%3AMR2 also villain i will be very active and checking in daily
i havent ran into the release bearing thing yet, hopefully the kit i got has everything i need to mechanically put the swap in. wiring is a pain right now, and refreshing things i can get to easier since the engine is out
Old 04-18-2017, 09:26 AM   #910
Crazyced
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (1)
Crazyced is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
I bought a 1uz swap driveshaft thinking it would fit my stock sr but it's in fact too short. It has never been used. Let me know if one of you is looking for a driveshaft for your 1uz swap.
Crazyced is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2017, 06:21 PM   #911
914Slide
Leaky Injector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazyced View Post
I bought a 1uz swap driveshaft thinking it would fit my stock sr but it's in fact too short. It has never been used. Let me know if one of you is looking for a driveshaft for your 1uz swap.
I have been planing on using the stock ds for the swap but if that doesnt work i will be wanting that ds, just welded up the diff today one step at a time
Old 05-01-2017, 07:51 AM   #912
1UZVillain

wiring is going to be a issue for me, its so confusing i need to get it done though
Old 05-02-2017, 08:47 AM   #913
914Slide
Leaky Injector

Quote:
wiring is going to be a issue for me, its so confusing i need to get it done though
i agree, though i think i may have it figured out are you using the 34,22.16,28 ecu or something else. i have a uncut harness since i pulled mine from a running car with mysterious 28 pin plug people seam to be missing. form what i have figured most of the wiring to run power to the ecu sensors and happen on this plug. There is also a separate stock plug with the starter and injector/coil power on it, its a really big white plug with some fat wires in it. Im trying to utilize all of the stock plugs to make it easy to disconnect and pull the motor. i would love to wire it in to the stock 240sx dash harness and start it with my key, that's the part that's giving me the problems. push start, switch panel and relays is the easiest way.
Old 05-02-2017, 01:18 PM   #914
ingmar F
Zilvia Member

ingmar F is a jewel in the roughingmar F is a jewel in the roughingmar F is a jewel in the roughingmar F is a jewel in the roughingmar F is a jewel in the roughingmar F is a jewel in the roughingmar F is a jewel in the rough
I have my engine wired in the stock harness. Its not that difficult, it starts with the key. The only thing left to do is the speedo and tacho
ingmar F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2017, 08:58 AM   #915
914Slide
Leaky Injector

Quote:
Originally Posted by ingmar F View Post
I have my engine wired in the stock harness. Its not that difficult, it starts with the key. The only thing left to do is the speedo and tacho
Bare with me guys i feel like im close. Should i wire in at the brown/white plug near the ecu for ing on,tach,water,and speed? and take the acc power witch would be the switched for the coils, injector and sensor powers from near the key, I think its one of the thicker gauge wires (blue,Red/white,yellowblk). Then the start and fuel is easy.
Old 05-05-2017, 05:51 AM   #916
ingmar F
Zilvia Member

ingmar F is a jewel in the roughingmar F is a jewel in the roughingmar F is a jewel in the roughingmar F is a jewel in the roughingmar F is a jewel in the roughingmar F is a jewel in the roughingmar F is a jewel in the rough
Sounds good to me.
ingmar F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2017, 08:57 AM   #917
1UZVillain

Quote:
Originally Posted by ingmar F View Post
im getting one made just for the swap hopefully it makes other minor wiring easier
Old 05-11-2017, 04:33 PM   #918
914Slide
Leaky Injector

More wiring

Quote:
im getting one made just for the swap hopefully it makes other minor wiring easier
These are the plugs i got from the yacht under the glove box area. The gray is for the ecu (28p) should have my ing,const,mrely. The large white dash plug has the larger black starter wire and powers to the sensors for sure. By wiring through these plugs everything on the motor harness works as if it was connected in the original car. where would fuses and realys be needed if at all by doing it this way?
IMG_0883.jpg

then assuming i could do some of the wiring too this for my key to start the motor and the other stuff to the s13 dash connector near the ecu.
IMG_0887.jpg
Old 05-13-2017, 10:26 PM   #919
imoverherre
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (7)
imoverherre is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Seriously anybody selling a harness plug and play also lost with wiring so car just sitting collecting dust .
imoverherre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2017, 09:23 AM   #920
914Slide
Leaky Injector

More wiring

Quote:
Originally Posted by imoverherre View Post
Seriously anybody selling a harness plug and play also lost with wiring so car just sitting collecting dust .
Im trying to get it figured out. Il try to post some detailed pics of each wire but you guys may be using a different ecu and the plugs are not the same. Mine is a 34p22p16p28p ecu 96 ls400 1uzfe the harnesses is uncut on the motor and i have the plugs from the dash side of the ls, to make it unplug-able at the ecu and firewall. I just need to be 100% before i start hooking up wires to my 240sx dash harness, also id be keeping the stock s13 fuse boxes as far as i know. You guys should try to get some pictures of what your working with.
Old 05-15-2017, 08:47 AM   #921
1UZVillain

Quote:
These are the plugs i got from the yacht under the glove box area. The gray is for the ecu (28p) should have my ing,const,mrely. The large white dash plug has the larger black starter wire and powers to the sensors for sure. By wiring through these plugs everything on the motor harness works as if it was connected in the original car. where would fuses and realys be needed if at all by doing it this way?
Attachment 99331

then assuming i could do some of the wiring too this for my key to start the motor and the other stuff to the s13 dash connector near the ecu.
Attachment 99332
i made a custom fuse box the only thing im running through there is my fuel pump, starter, gauges, accessories (fans etc)
Old 05-18-2017, 09:18 AM   #922
914Slide
Leaky Injector

https://www.scribd.com/doc/147109691...-1UZ-FE-Engine

lemme know if this link works

https://www.scribd.com/doc/147109691...-1UZ-FE-Engine
Old 05-18-2017, 12:19 PM   #923
1UZVillain

its works bro, this will be help to alot
Old 05-23-2017, 07:55 PM   #924
914Slide
Leaky Injector

alt and trans harness / wiring

So some stuff has been getting done i rough fitted the custom motor mounts and attempted to line up the trans today looks like its going to be close i wont really know until i get the trans mounted to the motor. Im aiming for factory location of the trans and driveshaft. Anyways im back to hear from you guys what are you doing with the trans/alt wiring harness this is something i clearly over looked Its a ka trans and the uz alt obviously. Is it as easy as i take the old harness off my trans and plug it in to the stock fuse box with all the stock connectors in place? now this harness im talking about the factory 240sx stuff, the alt runs its wires this way to the box also. Is it possible to use this stock alternator configuration of wires to then just hook up to the uz alt basically the same way and go through the 240sx fuse box like normal? I figured id just get it in then work out the problems.
Old 05-23-2017, 08:01 PM   #925
914Slide
Leaky Injector

its in !

Its in didnt take too long no way was i snaking it in with the tranny attached il just muscle the thing in from the bottom. Id love to post some larger pictures too unless you guys can open them up and see?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg photo 2(1).JPG (359.8 KB, 21 views)
Old 05-24-2017, 08:21 PM   #926
914Slide
Leaky Injector

so its about a 1/8 of a inch off. I was thinking of just running a step up through my mounts. trans and motor giving me enough play i hope. Ive seen some swiss chess motor mounts, and i have plenty of meat to give my self a lil room to widen the holes without having to worry,it 1/4in steel. Its lining up the trans that is the challenge. Tiring to fit it in to the stock holes, posing more difficult then i planed. Im trying to get this in as fast as i can with the time i have to do it its not in a garage unfortunate so i cant work at night.
Old 05-25-2017, 12:15 PM   #927
Crazyced
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (1)
Crazyced is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
so its about a 1/8 of a inch off. I was thinking of just running a step up through my mounts. trans and motor giving me enough play i hope. Ive seen some swiss chess motor mounts, and i have plenty of meat to give my self a lil room to widen the holes without having to worry,it 1/4in steel. Its lining up the trans that is the challenge. Tiring to fit it in to the stock holes, posing more difficult then i planed. Im trying to get this in as fast as i can with the time i have to do it its not in a garage unfortunate so i cant work at night.
The driveshaft I have is meant to be used with the stock trans/trans mount but only using 2 bolts (front 2 mount holes with the rear 2 chassis holes) pushing everything back a little.
Crazyced is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2017, 07:41 PM   #928
914Slide
Leaky Injector

driveshaft

^^^^^^^ I will be testing the ds asap. It shouldn't be much effort at this point to find out 100%. I have the trans matted and adapted i took everything back out and corrected the 1/8 of and inch, its more like less then a 16th now! i have started modding the header i have 2 more tubes to get thru then recollect, after the steering shaft. Im going to need to wire this thing up soon everyone says its the easy part... I didn't have to battle the trans under the car, I didn't wanna do my nice new clutch under the car and battle in a old trans. old input shafts are the best alignment tools. We got it in with a good ol chain and man power through the top. Its tight on the way in.
Old 06-19-2017, 08:48 AM   #929
1UZVillain

can anyone verify my quick explanation of the power steering

1 bottom connection to the pump is the high pressure line and the top connection is for the reservoir?

top line goes straight to the reservoir can and the high pressure (bottom connection) goes straight to the pump?

Thats how i remembered it, let me know if im right

or is there another lil hose that goes from the pump to the can and the reservoir line separate?
Old 07-02-2017, 02:37 PM   #930
914Slide
Leaky Injector

Quote:
can anyone verify my quick explanation of the power steering

1 bottom connection to the pump is the high pressure line and the top connection is for the reservoir?

top line goes straight to the reservoir can and the high pressure (bottom connection) goes straight to the pump?

Thats how i remembered it, let me know if im right

or is there another lil hose that goes from the pump to the can and the reservoir line separate?
I think the smaller one is the high psi side but i have no ps sorry