Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk > Engine Tech

Engine Tech Technical discussion related to all relevant engines such as KA, SR, RB, CA, 2JZ , L24/26/28, VG, VQ, and LSx series.

Old 08-09-2009, 11:56 AM   #1
chingon
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (1)
chingon is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Did I skip a sprocket link (or two) by rotating crank pulley ccw?

ka24de
When putting the engine together and setting the pulley at the correct timing mark (1 tdc) I rotated pulley ccw a few times when i went past the mark (felt lazy and didnt' feel like going a full cw rotation). I did feel the chain sort of snag and jump when doing this, so I quit rotating ccw. The question is, how probable is it that i jump a link or two?

I've been trying to get this engine running w/no luck. Cables are fine, coil is fine, dizzy is fine, but upon installing it (correctly mind you) I still can't get it to fire (oher than 1 or 2 farts here and there). Fuel pump is fine, and injectors seem to be opening (plugs somewhat wet w/gas). Any other ideas/sensors/cables I may have forgotten to plug to the harness and are critical to get this going?

PS: Am i looking at upper timing chain only or both?
chingon is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-10-2009, 06:33 PM   #2
chingon
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (1)
chingon is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
for posterity...i just cleared ECU codes and it fired right up after. It was giving me a CAS and MAF code which I guess I got from turning the ignition while these were disconnected. It probably just went into limp mode or something like that.
chingon is offline   Reply With Quote