Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Local / Regional / National > USA > South Western States

South Western States Arizona, California, Hawaii, and Nevada.

Old 06-25-2017, 05:38 PM   #1
Beej

Trader Rating: (0)
Beej is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Nissan S14a / Kouki Help

I was wondering if anyone could help shed some light on the availability of the S14a over here, I believe it's called "Kouki" and "over here" referring to San Diego.

I moved to SD last year from England, mostly for the weather and it generally being a better option compared to a pretty miserable England. But I did have 2 awesome S14a's / Kouki style Nissans that both cost me under £3k. They both had the sr20det engine and I seem to be struggling to find one over here.

The ones I have found are all NA engines, which really confused me because I didn't realize they even made an NA style S14a. All S14a's in England as far as I know were the turbo sr20det engines. Did they only produce them as NA in the West?
Beej is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-25-2017, 05:58 PM   #2
Almighty So
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (12)
Almighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
Jeez I understand being from another country and all but its hard to believe you've owned a few of these cars and didn't know they were sold with different options in other parts of the world.

Try Wikipedia and then local Craigslist.
Almighty So is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2017, 06:13 PM   #3
lunchmeat
Zilvia Addict

lunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond repute
The US only got na ka24 engines, because Nissan hates us.
lunchmeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2017, 06:28 PM   #4
Beej

Beej is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Almighty So View Post
Jeez I understand being from another country and all but its hard to believe you've owned a few of these cars and didn't know they were sold with different options in other parts of the world.

Try Wikipedia and then local Craigslist.
What's so hard to believe. I had no reason to check the different variants of S14's were produced in other countries when I owned them in England. And I have tried Craigslist, nothing but NA.
Beej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2017, 06:40 PM   #5
Almighty So
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (12)
Almighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
Right, and I've lived in the USA my whole life with na KA s14s but somehow I'm aware that they were in fact sold in different countries with a different motor that even included a turbo! Mind blowing.
Almighty So is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2017, 12:05 PM   #6
Zero_Cool
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (4)
Zero_Cool is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beej View Post
I was wondering if anyone could help shed some light on the availability of the S14a over here, I believe it's called "Kouki" and "over here" referring to San Diego.

I moved to SD last year from England, mostly for the weather and it generally being a better option compared to a pretty miserable England. But I did have 2 awesome S14a's / Kouki style Nissans that both cost me under £3k. They both had the sr20det engine and I seem to be struggling to find one over here.

The ones I have found are all NA engines, which really confused me because I didn't realize they even made an NA style S14a. All S14a's in England as far as I know were the turbo sr20det engines. Did they only produce them as NA in the West?
Ah from across the pond i see. well zilvia if not craigslist will be your best bet. facebook has a few pages for s13/14A, etc. im sure you know that the prices on these vehicles are escalating on a regular. keep frequently looking and youll find what your looking for and you may find a good deal. good luck mate and welcome to California!
Zero_Cool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2017, 02:15 PM   #7
S14kouki805
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (5)
S14kouki805 has much to be proud ofS14kouki805 has much to be proud ofS14kouki805 has much to be proud ofS14kouki805 has much to be proud ofS14kouki805 has much to be proud ofS14kouki805 has much to be proud ofS14kouki805 has much to be proud ofS14kouki805 has much to be proud ofS14kouki805 has much to be proud ofS14kouki805 has much to be proud ofS14kouki805 has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
You are in for a huge disappointment...Nissan pretty much shafted the US with S14's in only KA24DE guise. You will not find a factory equipped S14 with an SR20 here. All will be swapped and you will need to find a shop willing to pass your smog in CA.

Welcome to California!
S14kouki805 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2017, 07:43 PM   #8
FaLKoN240
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: (73)
FaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 73 reviews
There's a pretty decent one in your area...

http://zilvia.net/f/showthread.php?p...97#post6209997

Best way to do business with me? Make your best offer FIRST.
FaLKoN240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2017, 10:54 AM   #9
JC831
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (7)
JC831 is making a name for him/her selfJC831 is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
a sr swapped kouki isnt that hard to find. just gotta find one with a clean swap. looking to buy one?
JC831 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2017, 12:45 AM   #10
EDacIouSX
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (53)
EDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 53 reviews
Send a message via ICQ to EDacIouSX Send a message via AIM to EDacIouSX Send a message via MSN to EDacIouSX Send a message via Yahoo to EDacIouSX
Quote:
Originally Posted by lunchmeat View Post
The US only got na ka24 engines, because Nissan commiefornia hates us.
corrected. california emission laws are the most strict in the world.
EDacIouSX is offline   Reply With Quote