Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk > S Chassis

S Chassis Technical discussion related to the S Chassis such as the S12, S13, S14, and S15.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-27-2013, 01:04 AM   #1
240hi

Trader Rating: (0)
240hi is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Sr20det wierd no start problem

Hello, Just recently installed a redtop sr20det into a 1989 coupe. Its got a FMIC other then that, its stock. The MAF that came with it was bad, so i rewired and installed a sohc maf from the old motor. Car ran for a couple days, then started misfiring. Come to find out 1 injector was bad, changed it and ran normal. Drove it for a couple more days and the same injector I changed, the oring was bad and flooded. Waited a week for new orings, installed it then car wont start. Found out the starter signal wire came off and its cranks. Also installed a ISIS intake pipe and filter for it. The car would start and then die, and wont start again. Theres fuel and spark. I tried 2 different MAFs and even replaced the coolant temp sensor. The ecu was blinking 13, reset it, then it blinks code 12, and now it blinks 55. I tried running the car without a filter if it made a difference. The only time I could get the car to start and idle is when I take off the MAF sensor from the pipe and blow on it with my mouth, and then it idles till i run out of breath lol. Im thinking its a bad maf. Any help would greatly be appreciated.
240hi is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links