Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Off Topic Chat

Off Topic Chat All non related chat goes here.

Old 05-16-2018, 09:06 AM   #11341
Dutchmalmiss
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (14)
Dutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Dutchmalmiss
Quote:
Originally Posted by exitspeed View Post
Another car "getting with the times."

EcoBoost, GT, GT350: I'm here for a good time
GT500: I'm here for the track time.

Last edited by Dutchmalmiss; 05-16-2018 at 10:42 AM..
Dutchmalmiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-16-2018, 04:46 PM   #11342
ronmcdon
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (6)
ronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
I dont mind the GT500 coming with the gm/ford 10 speed. Works great in the camaro zl-1. I do hope there will be a manual option as well.

Regardless, overall I dont feel that excited about the car. I expect the worst with ford in terms of offering enough supply to meet demand. I can imagine high markups for this like the gt350/350r, boss 302, previous gt500. Very much doubt its going to cost under 70k msrp, and as good a value as the zl-1 and grand sport.
ronmcdon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2018, 06:39 AM   #11343
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Trader Rating: (1)
exitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
https://www.autoblog.com/2018/05/22/...r-370z-review/

Autoblog talking about how old the GTR and Z feel.

Just doing a quick search though, you ca get a Z, sport trim, with a manual for thousands less (in the $32k range) than a BRZ. I mean, the Z is still a better car than the BRZ. It doesn’t hold a candle to the Mustang or Camaro but compared to the BRZ and FRS it’s a lot of car.
Old 05-23-2018, 10:32 AM   #11344
BOROSUN
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (0)
BOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
They need the 2+2.
BOROSUN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2018, 02:42 PM   #11345
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

Trader Rating: (41)
dorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 41 reviews
they need to make a whole new car...

Check out my IG for what I'm up to! DORKIDORI INSTAGRAM!!!
dorkidori_s13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2018, 07:44 AM   #11346
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

exitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfection
Look at this gorgeous Z design. Could you fucking imagine? If Nissan could make a new Z that looked like this it would sell like crazy. Unfortunately we all know Nissan doesn’t have the balls or even the interest. Damn shame.

https://instagram.com/p/BjIFeVHFo6v/
Old 05-24-2018, 04:30 PM   #11347
lunchmeat
Zilvia Addict

lunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond repute
That beautiful front end would be replaced by a gaudy ass chrome grill...because marketing image.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
lunchmeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2018, 11:43 AM   #11348
BOROSUN
Post Whore!

BOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfection
hmmm similar from my old drawing...they should just bring all the styling back. with copoff some porsche styling. i wouldnt be mad at all.
BOROSUN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2018, 05:54 PM   #11349
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Ok, I’m genuinely interested in a white RF now.

https://jalopnik.com/the-new-mazda-m...1826729721/amp
Old 06-12-2018, 09:40 AM   #11350
Dutchmalmiss
Post Whore!

Dutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfection
Quote:
Ok, I’m genuinely interested in a white RF now.

https://jalopnik.com/the-new-mazda-m...1826729721/amp
HELL YES. IMO, I already thought the Miata was fine as-is being that power was never an identifying factor, but this is very welcome. I've been eyeing the RF since it debuted. I'm all over this now!

Is Mazda really the only brand listening to their fanbase???
Old 06-12-2018, 09:50 AM   #11351
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchmalmiss View Post
HELL YES. IMO, I already thought the Miata was fine as-is being that power was never an identifying factor, but this is very welcome. I've been eyeing the RF since it debuted. I'm all over this now!

Is Mazda really the only brand listening to their fanbase???
Pretty much.

And imagine the the NC Miata is lighter than the NB. And this new one will have even more hp than the NB MS.
Old 06-12-2018, 12:28 PM   #11352
simmode1
Post Whore!

simmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfection
Send a message via Yahoo to simmode1
I'm not into the RF, but I'd very much being interesting in that power increase in the softtop model. Any word on if they planned on updating the styling to the current design language yet? They might have a monster hit on their hands with those 2 refinements...
Old 06-12-2018, 01:14 PM   #11353
ronmcdon
Post Whore!

ronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfection
I'm going to take a serious look at replacing my mustang with miata convertible next year. Despite the appealing exterior, I'm just not sold on the RF with the massive c-pillars, blind spots, and weight gain it comes with.

R&T mentions the possibility of new color choices (the thing I like least about the ND, and Im nitpicking). Wishful thinking, but I hope Mazda brings back Sunburst Yellow.

https://www.roadandtrack.com/new-car...-details-news/
Old 06-12-2018, 02:22 PM   #11354
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by simmode1 View Post
I'm not into the RF, but I'd very much being interesting in that power increase in the softtop model. Any word on if they planned on updating the styling to the current design language yet? They might have a monster hit on their hands with those 2 refinements...
They haven’t said, but it’s actually due for one, plus an update almost always accompanies a mid cycle refresh. Rarely does a car get a big hp bump without a refresh (Pontiac gto comes as a car that didn’t). The new 6 refresh came with a HP bump, so I’d say it’s more than likely.

EDIT: I stand corrected. “The updated Miata, which looks the same, is shown above - Ed.”

I’ll wait to get too excited until they refresh the exterior.
Old 06-17-2018, 11:00 PM   #11355
simmode1
Post Whore!

simmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfection
So the Z4 is now unveiled.
https://jalopnik.com/the-2019-bmw-z4...-z4-1826726920

Looks like dogshit to me. Much prefer to 2 prior Gens.
Old 06-18-2018, 05:14 AM   #11356
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

It doesn’t look great in those renderings, but I have to see the actual car before I pass judgement. If it looks like the concept, which it looks like it does, I think it’ll look good.
Old 06-19-2018, 03:44 PM   #11357
ronmcdon
Post Whore!

I'm not really optimistic about the Z4, looks or performance wise. Seems like it might be more of a touring coupe for retirees.

I do like what bmw has done with the 8 series look wise. The m2 competition is very appealing in terms of looks and maybe performance. I imagine it's more nimble fun to drive daily than a gt350 or camaro zl-1. its also probably the only fun car in bmw's lineup where they don't rape you with a long list of exorbitant options.
Old 06-19-2018, 07:06 PM   #11358
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Oh that’s exactly what the Z4 is going to be. Every upper middle class house wife in a warm climate will have one.
Old 06-19-2018, 11:55 PM   #11359
gbaby2089
Zilvia Addict

gbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfection
I like it. Should be a great base for the Supra.

But I like cars that some men consider 'women's cars.'
gbaby2089 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2018, 07:50 AM   #11360
simmode1
Post Whore!

Yeah, I've been digging the whole 2 series line from the very start. I'd be happy with any of those.
Old 06-20-2018, 08:27 AM   #11361
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by gbaby2089 View Post
I like it. Should be a great base for the Supra.

But I like cars that some men consider 'women's cars.'
So do I honestly. I give zero fucks about most car related stigmas.

I started photoshopping the Mazda (edit) Vision Concept front onto the Miata. Instantly looks way doper. I’ll try to finish it up later and post it.

So ignore how horribly photoshopped this is (I spend more time in Lightroom now a days) and just kinda squint to get the idea.

versus

Last edited by exitspeed; 06-20-2018 at 11:18 AM..
exitspeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2018, 12:41 PM   #11362
simmode1
Post Whore!

JFC. That's about a quintillion times better.
Old 06-20-2018, 02:11 PM   #11363
Dutchmalmiss
Post Whore!

Honestly, the next gen Miata probably WILL look like that. Very nice, Mel!

Quote:
So do I honestly. I give zero fucks about most car related stigmas.

I started photoshopping the Mazda (edit) Vision Concept front onto the Miata. Instantly looks way doper. I’ll try to finish it up later and post it.

So ignore how horribly photoshopped this is (I spend more time in Lightroom now a days) and just kinda squint to get the idea.

versus
Old 06-20-2018, 02:38 PM   #11364
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

I don’t even think it’ll be the next gen. They have to do a mid cycle refresh in the next 2 model years. The previous gen got a facelift after 3 model years. This will be the third model year for the current gen.
Old 06-20-2018, 03:07 PM   #11365
TheRealSy90
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (10)
TheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
I'll never understand why manufacturers have to come out with a new model or revision to existing model every 2-3 years. It never used to be that way. Must be their method to try and keep stupid people buying cars. Like Ford/Dodge/GM change their truck designs every single year it seems, and that's got to be a ridiculous hemorrhage of money for all that tooling to be built and then discarded.
Hell I still cant get over the fact that GM still offers both Chevrolet and GMC pickups, everyone knows it's the same thing who do they think they're fooling?
TheRealSy90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2018, 03:14 PM   #11366
ronmcdon
Post Whore!

It is strange there's some mechanical upgrades with no exterior refreshes at all. I'm not sure this hasn't been done before. Ford refreshed the mustang's exterior in 2010 and introduced the coyote 5.0 in 2011 while keeping the exterior more or less the same until 2013.

anyhow I don't mind how the current miata looks. A factory hard-top for the convertibles would be appreciated and more paint choices (really don't get soul red, just reminds me of burgundy for some reason).
Old 06-20-2018, 03:55 PM   #11367
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealSy90 View Post
I'll never understand why manufacturers have to come out with a new model or revision to existing model every 2-3 years. It never used to be that way. Must be their method to try and keep stupid people buying cars. Like Ford/Dodge/GM change their truck designs every single year it seems, and that's got to be a ridiculous hemorrhage of money for all that tooling to be built and then discarded.
Hell I still cant get over the fact that GM still offers both Chevrolet and GMC pickups, everyone knows it's the same thing who do they think they're fooling?
It started in the 90’s and became a consistent trend by the late 90’s. As we know our beloved 240 is one of the few cars to see 3 refreshes.

It’s definitely to spur sales and keep the line up fresh. The reason is brands typically upstate their design language every 5-6 years.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronmcdon View Post
It is strange there's some mechanical upgrades with no exterior refreshes at all. I'm not sure this hasn't been done before.
The only car I can think of to do that was the GTO. The 04 had the LS1 with 350hp and the FOLLOWING year in 05 they put in the LS2 with 400hp. Fuck, if I was one of those 04 buyers I would have drove that car right through the front doors of the Ren Center.
Old 06-21-2018, 09:02 AM   #11368
gbaby2089
Zilvia Addict

gbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealSy90 View Post
Yeah man that's totally a new thing.

If you look at a '55, '56, '57, '58 and '59 Chevy sedan there are not obvious differences between every single model year, right?
gbaby2089 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2018, 12:51 PM   #11369
cdlong
Nissanaholic!

cdlong has a brilliant futurecdlong has a brilliant futurecdlong has a brilliant futurecdlong has a brilliant futurecdlong has a brilliant futurecdlong has a brilliant futurecdlong has a brilliant futurecdlong has a brilliant futurecdlong has a brilliant futurecdlong has a brilliant futurecdlong has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to cdlong
Quote:
It started in the 90’s and became a consistent trend by the late 90’s. As we know our beloved 240 is one of the few cars to see 3 refreshes.

It’s definitely to spur sales and keep the line up fresh. The reason is brands typically upstate their design language every 5-6 years.

or are you referring to the 180sx?
Old 06-21-2018, 01:02 PM   #11370
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

Trader Rating: (41)
dorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 41 reviews
the reason the 180sx went thru 3 generations is because it always sold consistently well... unlike CERTAIN Nissans that are now 10 years old and WAY behind the curve for the price!

Check out my IG for what I'm up to! DORKIDORI INSTAGRAM!!!
dorkidori_s13 is offline   Reply With Quote