Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk

Tech Talk Technical Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 10-13-2016, 10:00 AM   #1
ANVIL
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (8)
ANVIL can only hope to improve
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
RB Anyone have any experience with Hybrid Performance manifolds?

Looking into their bottom mount manifold for my rb25, just wondering if anyone here has one.

http://www.hybridperformance.co.nz/h...?id_product=83

Reason being is i already have a hypergear turbo which was a stock turbo bolt on replacement and now id like to get more flow. The stock manifold i have is limiting. Just wanted to upgrade the manifold with out having to change everything
ANVIL is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-13-2016, 10:20 AM   #2
hanzbrady
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (4)
hanzbrady has a spectacular aura abouthanzbrady has a spectacular aura abouthanzbrady has a spectacular aura abouthanzbrady has a spectacular aura abouthanzbrady has a spectacular aura abouthanzbrady has a spectacular aura about
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
If you built your own out of PVC and duct tape it'd look and flow better than that thing.
Old 10-13-2016, 10:31 AM   #3
RalliartRsX
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (32)
RalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 32 reviews
Holy shit! Does one of the runners just terminate at a 90 degree angle into the other then another 90 degree to the collector pipe?!?! I hope my eyes are deceiving me......

Don't waste your money. It doesn't seem as if they use a collector either and just welded two steam pipes to the flange and ran the exhaust to those with no regard to actual flow dynamics.

And this right here is pulled straight from a Ebay Ad it seems.......This is directly from their site mind you.

Quote:
YOU WON'T GET BETTER THAN THIS. DON'T WASTE YOUR MONEY ON THE STAINLESS STEEL JUNK AND GET SOMETHING GOOD QUALITY FOR A GOOD PRICE !
RalliartRsX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2016, 10:32 AM   #4
anti tyler
GM2 (SW/AW)

Trader Rating: (37)
anti tyler is close to perfectionanti tyler is close to perfectionanti tyler is close to perfectionanti tyler is close to perfectionanti tyler is close to perfectionanti tyler is close to perfectionanti tyler is close to perfectionanti tyler is close to perfectionanti tyler is close to perfectionanti tyler is close to perfectionanti tyler is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 37 reviews
Send a message via AIM to anti tyler Send a message via Yahoo to anti tyler
Why are you looking at that page? It looks like a New Zealand "Chinese" knock off page.
but that shyt has SWAG

KA-T for life!
Current for sale advertisement

anti tyler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2016, 10:36 AM   #5
ANVIL
Zilvia FREAK!

Idk how i came across it but im looking for an upgrade over stock without having to change my whole setup.

Here's another pic from their site
Old 10-13-2016, 10:38 AM   #6
ANVIL
Zilvia FREAK!

Open to suggestions for a lowmount iwg manifold upgrade. For some reason 6boost email address doesn't work and im not sure how to contact them
Old 10-13-2016, 10:38 AM   #7
hanzbrady
Zilvia FREAK!

hanzbrady has a spectacular aura abouthanzbrady has a spectacular aura abouthanzbrady has a spectacular aura abouthanzbrady has a spectacular aura abouthanzbrady has a spectacular aura abouthanzbrady has a spectacular aura about
A good rule of thumb' if their description is in all caps sounding like a pissed off teen on Faceook, they use china chargers in their product photos, and they have a blind elderly fellow with Parkinsons MIG weld some of his cousins scrap pipe from his failed plumbing business into manifolds it's probably not a company you want to make purchases from, just my opinion.
Old 10-13-2016, 10:45 AM   #8
RalliartRsX
Post Whore!

RalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfection
If the stock manifold is anything like the SR20, it should support ~350-380WHP or so before it becomes flow limited.

Are you shooting for more than 400WHP?? What is the reasoning for sticking to a top mount??

The easy button is buying a used good quality top mount setup and re-use the turbo originally planned for bottom mount.

Last edited by RalliartRsX; 10-13-2016 at 11:35 AM..
Old 10-13-2016, 11:00 AM   #9
ANVIL
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RalliartRsX View Post
If the stock manifold is anything like the SR20, it should support ~350-380 or so before it becomes flow limited.

Are you shooting for more than 400WHP?? What is the reasoning for sticking to a top mount??

The easy button is buying a used good quality top mount setup and re-use the turbo originally planned for bottom mount.
I want to stick with lowmount because i dont want to change my turbo/wg/downpipe setup.

Id like to crack 400whp and i know the stock manifold doesnt give the full potential to the hypergear turbo i have (bolt on replacement turbo)
Old 10-13-2016, 11:02 AM   #10
hanzbrady
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ANVIL View Post
I want to stick with lowmount because i dont want to change my turbo/wg/downpipe setup.

Id like to crack 400whp and i know the stock manifold doesnt give the full potential to the hypergear turbo i have (bolt on replacement turbo)
I'd say get the stock ones ported then, if people can crack 400whp on an engine with 2 less cylinders and a shit cylinder head with the stock manifold and a bolt on turbo I'm sure it's possible.
Old 10-13-2016, 11:40 AM   #11
RalliartRsX
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ANVIL View Post

As mentioned, the SR can flow up to about 380 WHP on the stock manifold. The RB25DET manifold looks to be log type manifold and not 100% similar to the SR20, but close enough.

Hog out the stock manifold and weld an external port on it and go to town. That EWG port will free up some restriction in the exhaust and allow for a 20-40 more WHP as compared to the IWG setup on a stock manifold.

Don't waste you money on that hybrid or whatever manifold. Spend your money elsewhere......
Old 10-13-2016, 11:42 AM   #12
hanzbrady
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
Don't waste you money on that hybrid or whatever manifold. Spend your money elsewhere......
Like on an modest amount of strippers and drugs.
Old 10-13-2016, 11:44 AM   #13
KAT-PWR
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (11)
KAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really nice
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
Anvil gone for surgery but now he's back again
Old 10-13-2016, 11:45 AM   #14
ANVIL
Zilvia FREAK!

Im hoping i can get ahold of 6boost. Found another email address on their site that hopefully will work.

I want this one

http://www.6boost.eu/6boost-rb26-nis...fold-2615.html
Old 10-13-2016, 11:50 AM   #15
KAT-PWR
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (11)
KAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really nice
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
Anyone have any opinions on my opinions of opinions?
Old 10-13-2016, 02:27 PM   #16
ANVIL
Zilvia FREAK!

Anyone actually happen to have one? Or seen one first hand?
Handful of people ive been asking who have it say its better than China made stuff. And a few have had them over a year and no complaints

Last edited by ANVIL; 10-13-2016 at 03:22 PM..