Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 04-12-2013, 08:42 AM   #61
fliprayzin240sx
Man w/ CTSV & a Car Seat

Trader Rating: (19)
fliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Send a message via AIM to fliprayzin240sx
Quote:
Originally Posted by josh_schul View Post
I didnt order it through Chaser... after reading about their service i ordered it from VIS directly. However, as for wavey panels one of the auto body techs at work is helping me fix/prep the aero and fit it as well so... Im sure that we can get it to look decent. Im trying to have faith in Vis here but i know what i paid for it and dont expect perfection.
That seems to be the issue with most US company. The kit will be good depending on who was the tech the day the kit got made and whether or not he's on a good mood or bad mood.

If you think Zilvia has too many assholes...
CLICK HERE!!!
fliprayzin240sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-12-2013, 08:43 AM   #62
Psychomoongoose
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (5)
Psychomoongoose is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Anyone have any experience with Chargespeed? I think Im leaning that way for some front and rear fenders for my S13 hatch... They seem to be high quality, but Ive never really seen any in person.
Old 04-12-2013, 09:33 AM   #63
josh_schul
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (1)
josh_schul is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by fliprayzin240sx View Post
That seems to be the issue with most US company. The kit will be good depending on who was the tech the day the kit got made and whether or not he's on a good mood or bad mood.
so i have heard hahahaha hopefully it was a good day. lol
josh_schul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 12:05 AM   #64
Hanz41
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (0)
Hanz41 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Psychomoongoose View Post
Anyone have any experience with Chargespeed? I think Im leaning that way for some front and rear fenders for my S13 hatch... They seem to be high quality, but Ive never really seen any in person.
ya I have Chargespeed front and rear over fenders. Rears are molded.. they fit and look great, but ya they arent the cheapest.

Hanz41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 05:01 PM   #65
Psychomoongoose
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (5)
Psychomoongoose is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hanz41 View Post
ya I have Chargespeed front and rear over fenders. Rears are molded.. they fit and look great, but ya they arent the cheapest.
Thank you Hanz41. I was wondering how awesome they were considering the not so awesome price. How did you mold the rears if I may ask?
Old 04-15-2013, 05:46 PM   #66
Broadfield
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Trader Rating: (163)
Broadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 163 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Psychomoongoose View Post
I'm running front Chargespeed on mine. Best fitting aero I have ever seen other than OEM... and if I'm happy with it then you know it has to be pretty damn good because I'm anal as hell. 95% of people don't even realize I have aftermarket fenders.

Test fitment before paint:

After filling the vents and paint:

You can see how well it mates up to the bumper and how well the corner lights fit etc:

Hood to fender seams and front corners are also spot on:

Follow Along For My Latest Work
My Portfolio
Please Share
Check Out My Builds
Broadfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 05:48 PM   #67
fliprayzin240sx
Man w/ CTSV & a Car Seat

fliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfection
Well fuck me beautiful...didnt even realized your running glass fenders Tobey.

CLICK HERE!!!
Old 04-15-2013, 06:00 PM   #68
Broadfield
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Broadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by fliprayzin240sx View Post
Well fuck me beautiful...didnt even realized your running glass fenders Tobey.
Hahaha, Yep! 20mm in the front:

.... to match the 25mm pull out back:

My Portfolio
Please Share
Check Out My Builds
Old 04-15-2013, 06:14 PM   #69
energ
Zilvia Member

energ is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to energ
what (if anything) is everyone doing to stop front fenders from breaking while drifting ? (with agressive fitment)
picked up some fresh ones, and i dont want to install them until i at least have some sort of plan- that does not involve raising the car.
energ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 06:24 PM   #70
PeaceOnesxWai
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (34)
PeaceOnesxWai is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 34 reviews
^What are your wheel sizes toby??
PeaceOnesxWai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 06:27 PM   #71
Broadfield
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeaceOnesxWai View Post
^What are your wheel sizes toby??
Fronts: 18x9.5 +12 -- 245/35
Rear: 18x11 +30 -- 285/30

My Portfolio
Please Share
Check Out My Builds
Old 04-15-2013, 08:37 PM   #72
fliprayzin240sx
Man w/ CTSV & a Car Seat

Quote:
Originally Posted by energ View Post
what (if anything) is everyone doing to stop front fenders from breaking while drifting ? (with agressive fitment)
picked up some fresh ones, and i dont want to install them until i at least have some sort of plan- that does not involve raising the car.
Nothing for the most part, the tires will slowly grind the fender away where it touches vs catching and pulling in metal fenders. But eventually, it will crack once the fender gets too thin.

CLICK HERE!!!
Old 04-15-2013, 10:01 PM   #73
Jersthecool
Zilvia Junkie

Jersthecool is an unknown quantity at this point
Wow I had no idea you were running aftermarket fenders either looks great! I was thinking either I never noticed the vents or those were recent but then bam fill them in they look 100% oem
Jersthecool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 10:19 AM   #74
vq35SMASH
Leaky Injector

vq35SMASH is an unknown quantity at this point
i recently purchased b magic front fenders, silvia s13, 30mm wide with single vent. from drivin by style LLC, the fitment was pretty close and it bolted up decent. needs some trimming a little more by the passenger corner light and needed a little on the passenger door. overall i was satisfies and ill be getting the b magic bumper probably cuz i broke my origin one =[ my origin kit fits perfectly btw! . ill post pics later
Old 07-08-2013, 10:29 PM   #75
az_240
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (41)
az_240 is just really niceaz_240 is just really niceaz_240 is just really niceaz_240 is just really niceaz_240 is just really niceaz_240 is just really niceaz_240 is just really niceaz_240 is just really niceaz_240 is just really nice
Feedback Score: 41 reviews
Send a message via AIM to az_240
Anyone have experience with the S14 Nismo 270R rep rear bumpers?.... since the real thing is near impossible to find. I had one a few years ago but the fitment was so bad I had to sell it for dirt cheap. Would like to purchase from someone with some quality control... any recommendations?

I can add that the Forcewerkz JDM kouki front lip fits pretty damn good for the price and loved the fitment on my old version select 1 kit.
az_240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 06:10 AM   #76
rawgarage
Banned from the Marketplace

Trader Rating: (75)
rawgarage is making a name for him/her selfrawgarage is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 75 reviews
selling my stock 240 kouki front end And want to go over fenders front and read and dmax style vented hood..(I think the vis frp one)

I have decided on REAR origin type 2 50mm (based on great fitment and look)

Can anyone recommend a good 30mm front over fender with the middle brace in the vent?

All I see is 20mm and 25mm (with the big vent W/no middle brace)
rawgarage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 04:49 PM   #77
benarovi
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (11)
benarovi is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
anybody try the duraflex rear overs?? I cant find the bmagic(ait) rear fenders anywhere for coupe and I know those fit great. and everyone has origin out of stock
benarovi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 10:24 PM   #78
fliprayzin240sx
Man w/ CTSV & a Car Seat

Quote:
Originally Posted by benarovi View Post
anybody try the duraflex rear overs?? I cant find the bmagic(ait) rear fenders anywhere for coupe and I know those fit great. and everyone has origin out of stock
You tried JSPEC Sam?

CLICK HERE!!!
Old 09-24-2013, 08:02 AM   #79
collegekid
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (4)
collegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Can people link reliable sites that they buy Aero from? Obviously Enjuku racing and origin superstore are good places, but what about reliable places to buy Vertex, Version select, Rocket bunny etc?
collegekid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 08:51 AM   #80
erik05v
BANNED

Trader Rating: (9)
erik05v is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Broadfield View Post
Test fitment before paint:

After filling the vents and paint:

Damn that looks real good this whole time I was thinking they were original fenders, great job on them
erik05v is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 07:40 PM   #81
Black R
Zilvia Addict

Black R is an unknown quantity at this point
Anybody got experience / tips on bowing 50mm overfenders to 80mm?

I have an s13 coupe and 50's, but I want to run 315's on 18x12's at +20 or lower (max tire setup), with maybe -2deg camber or even zero... + S14 rear subframe also, which pushes out another 5mm each side.
Old 10-25-2013, 07:46 PM   #82
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

dorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfection
i heard somewhere that dorkidori aero fits really well, but again, its just a rumor...

Check out my IG for what I'm up to! DORKIDORI INSTAGRAM!!!
dorkidori_s13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 08:25 PM   #83
theericsmith
Zilvia Member

theericsmith is an unknown quantity at this point
sub'd.. I've been rocking stock body for life but recently contemplated a navan replica kit from Forcewerkz. Any info?
theericsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2013, 03:41 AM   #84
g_mac530
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (11)
g_mac530 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
Send a message via AIM to g_mac530
I'll be running chargespeed 50mm rears on my s14. Keep in mind they are test fitted in these pics but the fitment is spot on.

I'll also be running A rep DMAX type 3 kit I got from Jordan Innovations and a BN rep 30mm front if the fronts ever decide to show up at my house. I'll post more pics after everything is fitted.
g_mac530 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2013, 12:20 PM   #85
Mista Lee
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (26)
Mista Lee has much to be proud ofMista Lee has much to be proud ofMista Lee has much to be proud ofMista Lee has much to be proud ofMista Lee has much to be proud ofMista Lee has much to be proud ofMista Lee has much to be proud ofMista Lee has much to be proud ofMista Lee has much to be proud ofMista Lee has much to be proud ofMista Lee has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 26 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Mista Lee
Just got a BN type 2 rep from vis, can't get the front bumper to fit around the fenders on both sides.. aero is pretty thick so it's difficult to try and flex without cracking it..
any tips?
Old 10-26-2013, 02:25 PM   #86
PoorMans180SX
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Trader Rating: (16)
PoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 16 reviews
Send a message via AIM to PoorMans180SX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mista Lee View Post
Just got a BN type 2 rep from vis, can't get the front bumper to fit around the fenders on both sides.. aero is pretty thick so it's difficult to try and flex without cracking it..
any tips?
You've just got to trim, trim, trim with a dremel. This is why VIS pricing varies so much. Those super old molds for the BN and M-sports reps are crappy, while their latest stuff like the kouki 180sx is much better.

Friends don't let friends buy knock-offs.
PoorMans180SX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2013, 02:25 PM   #87
InsTanCeZ
Zilvia Addict

InsTanCeZ is an unknown quantity at this point
Flamethrower.
Old 10-26-2013, 03:38 PM   #88
240Cali
Premium Member

Trader Rating: (4)
240Cali is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by g_mac530 View Post
I'll be running chargespeed 50mm rears on my s14. Keep in mind they are test fitted in these pics but the fitment is spot on.

I'll also be running A rep DMAX type 3 kit I got from Jordan Innovations and a BN rep 30mm front if the fronts ever decide to show up at my house. I'll post more pics after everything is fitted.
sounds like Im gonna have a twin <333333333
Old 10-26-2013, 04:02 PM   #89
ComicArtist
Zilvia Member

ComicArtist is an unknown quantity at this point
You really get what you pay for with replica aero.

If you plan on spending $300 on aero, you better also plan on spending a few hours working it to make it fit.

Not saying Duraflex/Extreme Dimensions/VIS etc. are bad, in my opinion it's perfect for a drift car that's going to get beat to shit anyway, but don't go into it thinking everything's going to line up perfectly and look like the real thing.
ComicArtist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2013, 04:06 PM   #90
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

dorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfection
funny thing is, my replica aero fits perfectly.

must have to do with the fact that most of these companies dont give 2 shits and mass produce parts without keeping track of QC...just saying

ive got 2 new pieces coming out in November, 180sx Chuki Style Sideskirts and S13 Silvia Aero Valances. Come January, I will have a new part out that will blow your minds and fit exactly like OEM! Its a part that people have been asking about for a long time!

Check out my IG for what I'm up to! DORKIDORI INSTAGRAM!!!
dorkidori_s13 is offline   Reply With Quote