Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Marketplace > Reviews Forum > Businesses

Businesses Review your dealings with commercial entities here. Remember: Fair and objective. Flaming, accusations, and complaints are not allowed. Zilvia is not a grievance forum.

Old 05-15-2012, 08:16 PM   #61
DrIvEsldEwAyS
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (0)
DrIvEsldEwAyS is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
everytime i look theres another thread with the same problems from chase bays. they have been around long enough i would think they would have their shit together by now...
Old 05-15-2012, 08:56 PM   #62
HPKMotorsports3
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (16)
HPKMotorsports3 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 16 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamryOnBronze View Post
Well that's obviously a lie, because Toby's given name is Greg.
Total mind blower...
HPKMotorsports3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 09:29 PM   #63
Om1kron
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (15)
Om1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 15 reviews
Only two pages, the ones on all of the honda forums are WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY LONGER I don't understand how you can try to expand your business when you can't even take care of your base customers. Shit's mind boggling.
Old 05-15-2012, 09:35 PM   #64
ch1873857
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (1)
ch1873857 is a jewel in the roughch1873857 is a jewel in the roughch1873857 is a jewel in the roughch1873857 is a jewel in the roughch1873857 is a jewel in the roughch1873857 is a jewel in the roughch1873857 is a jewel in the roughch1873857 is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to ch1873857
Chasebays:

If the POS Powersteering res is junk because mine does not have baffling. SEND ME A NEW ONE.
ch1873857 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 12:05 AM   #65
boost addict
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (12)
boost addict is making a name for him/her selfboost addict is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoffman5982 View Post
Also, OP, if you're ordering the brake line relocation, order the Suspicious Garage ones from AceupMotorsports. They were the original kit that Chasebays copied and look awesome(I have them).

Suspicious Garage Brake Line Relocation kit S13/S14 - Ace Up Motorsports

If it was something different, disregard this post then.
lol suspicious garage out of arizona? I met the owner and he's a complete cock, not to mention the shop looked like a straight up janky shack
boost addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 12:39 AM   #66
homeslicej2
Zilvia Member

homeslicej2 is making a name for him/her selfhomeslicej2 is making a name for him/her self
Quote:
Originally Posted by Broadfield View Post
Well, I ordered my LS3 harness over a year ago.... I still don't have it. Is that next day enough
Is this why we've not seen any recent updates to your build thread? If so, shame on Chase Bays.
homeslicej2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 12:41 AM   #67
Hoffman5982
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (25)
Hoffman5982 is just really niceHoffman5982 is just really niceHoffman5982 is just really niceHoffman5982 is just really niceHoffman5982 is just really niceHoffman5982 is just really niceHoffman5982 is just really niceHoffman5982 is just really niceHoffman5982 is just really niceHoffman5982 is just really nice
Feedback Score: 25 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by boost addict View Post
lol suspicious garage out of arizona? I met the owner and he's a complete cock, not to mention the shop looked like a straight up janky shack
Well I ordered through AceUpMotorsports, the only place that carries it, and Vitaly was completely awesome. The kit was definitely not janky
Old 05-16-2012, 01:20 AM   #68
boost addict
Zilvia Addict

boost addict is making a name for him/her selfboost addict is making a name for him/her self
Yea that kit looked good, idk if it's them but I'd assume. The impression I got though was awful
Old 05-16-2012, 09:53 AM   #69
GrimDrifter
Leaky Injector

GrimDrifter is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to GrimDrifter Send a message via Yahoo to GrimDrifter
I definitely have had some issues with them as well, but i'm not going to plaster negativity all over the forum...yet. Some of it seems to be the same problems you guys are having. Next time if it is something that i can get from another company, I probably would do that...
GrimDrifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 10:10 AM   #70
revcyanide
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (10)
revcyanide is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Broadfield View Post
Well, I ordered my LS3 harness over a year ago.... I still don't have it. Is that next day enough Technically I got it around three months ago, but a couple things were wrong about it... so I sent it back a month ago. But unfortunately I still don't have it back... I assumed it would only take a couple man hours to fix the issue. However, originally I knew that it would take some time since it was the first LS3 one they were making. So I was at an understanding about the time frame... although I didn't think it would take quite that long.

Chase has been nothing but cool and understanding... it just takes him forever to respond sometimes. With that being said, there are far too many complaints about his business in my opinion. I would be devastated to see this many complaints about my business. I'm almost 100% positive there hasn't been any complaints on this site about the product I sell and back. I AM positive there hasn't been any complaints about my services. I bend over backwards, give away free stuff, upgrade customers for free when something isn't in stock etc. I literally search my first and last name on this site every day just to keep tabs on everything. That way if someone posts a complaint and doesn't notify me first, I can catch it that day and try to get it resolved before one little thing spreads like wildfire on this site or the internet. This is also one of the reasons I do not sell from a website with a shopping cart... every order has to come through me via email, phone, PM or text. So I can inform the customer if something is not available right then and there before they make the purchase. For my custom work I simply tell people ahead of time that it is a 2-3 month lead time. That way they can decide if they want to go through with the purchase or at least it helps them better plan for the wait on their end. And most importantly I am honest with people. If I mess up and forget to ship something, not that it really happens, I inform them of my mishap and try to upgrade them to express shipping so it gets there in basically the same amount of time. If the order was really late then I start giving away stuff or refund some money... whatever they choose and whatever it takes.

The way I see it is that 100 happy customers may tell 10 other people of their wonderful experience. Whereas 1 unhappy customer will tell 10+ people of their bad experience.

I think Chase will get all of this ironed out over time, but unfortunately customers do not like to be growing business guinea pigs.
THIS THIS THIS.

I told them over and over again, if they can hook me up with ANYTHING to compensate me for my VERY long wait time, I would be happy to leave the order with them until its figured out. I asked them to upgrade my power steering kit to one with an oil cooler, or To sell me an oil cooler at cost, I asked them to discount the product some, I asked them if they could do ANYTHING at all.

The only thing they offered was a coupon codes for my NEXT purchase. I never received it and canceled my order, I will be designing my own power steering lines.

Frankly unless you were to offer something at cost, it's BS to give someone a coupon code off their NEXT purchase. It really only made me more upset. After waiting forever for a project, the only compensation i get is to give them more of my money, at a slight discount. Compensate me by making more profit of me? Bullshit.

I told them I would be filling a complaint with the BBB, which I plan to. The fee to fix those costs much more than a oil cooler, or refunded some of my money.

Ken at enjuku racing on the other hand was awesome (who i ordered it from) he called them every chance he got to see what was up with my order. and even though he was selling it through a third party, he STILL hooked me up with a handbrake at a stupid cheap price to compensate for my troubles. THATS how you do customer service.

The bottom line this is NOT a first for chase bays, there are multiple threads on honda tech about them, and if i recall they were banned from honda tech, but i might be wrong there.
revcyanide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 10:11 AM   #71
revcyanide
Nissanaholic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by boost addict View Post
I unno who the hell you talked to or how long ago this was, but efrain is one of the nicest dudes i have ever met, goes out of his way to help people all the time.
Old 05-16-2012, 10:23 AM   #72
boost addict
Zilvia Addict

Yea efrain that was his name, couldn't remember. Met him and some buddies when I was there helping my friend move back to Scottsdale and I was in the market for finding a new shell. Figured Id look for one while I was there and I got directed to him at some meet. Didn't come off the nicest to me but it's whatever
Old 05-16-2012, 11:35 AM   #73
andrew600
ill tongue punch her fart box

andrew600 is an unknown quantity at this point
wow. i was about to order my chase bays harness and power steering set up. buuuut since all this has came to light im not going to give them my business.
andrew600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 11:45 AM   #74
EnemyS15
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (14)
EnemyS15 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
I have had some problems with orders. From wrong orders being sent out to getting LHD lines instead of my RHD ones. Never got any compensation for repeated errors and waiting, but I had good communication from Logan. I'll definitely call to make sure my item is there before placing future orders. Quality is great.
EnemyS15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 11:51 AM   #75
revcyanide
Nissanaholic!

The quality of their products is great, I got a VQ swap fuel line set up that is awesome.

However after I tried to get them to work with me and fix what was fucked up, And I got nothing. I tell everyone I know to avoid them if possible.

I don't like to turn buisness away from small shops in the car community. They are what innovate parts for our cars. But at the same time, I want no one to go through what I went through.

If there was any way to make the situation right, I would be happy to go back to referring everyone I know to them, but I didn't and don't see that ever happening.

Sad really because I planned to spend another 1k through them myself.
Old 05-16-2012, 12:53 PM   #76
Tempo
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (39)
Tempo is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 39 reviews
Its looking like a shitstorm for chase and his business , had no idea the service was this bad until i bumped into this review , i was about to order a harness tuck from them before the year ended on my to do list , lol seeing how it would probably take 3-4months to arrive.. im straight off this.

People practically giving their money away for quality parts and expecting them only to get nothing on time , no quality customer service or even %100 sure its the right order coming in after waiting for so long.

Sent from my HTC Sensation 4G

IG - allen.kerose
Tempo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 01:07 PM   #77
ch1873857
Nissanaholic!

ch1873857 is a jewel in the roughch1873857 is a jewel in the roughch1873857 is a jewel in the roughch1873857 is a jewel in the roughch1873857 is a jewel in the roughch1873857 is a jewel in the roughch1873857 is a jewel in the roughch1873857 is a jewel in the rough
yeah it truly does suck for them. i order from a lot of different online parts sites and when i have good experiences i make it a huge point to refer other people to them. enjuku has been nothing but good to me and i send people their way all the time and the only thing it takes is GOOD CUSTOMER SERVICE i don't ask for anything else.. oh well. I've found in my own business that's its more respectable to be straight up with your customers and do whatever it takes to make them happy.
Old 05-16-2012, 01:57 PM   #78
Royal13
Zilvia Member

Royal13 is an unknown quantity at this point
^^ Enjuku is definitely where its at. Ken has always kept me informed, and is quick to respond to any questions/concerns. Good customer service is a MUST
Royal13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 02:42 PM   #79
waxball88
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (9)
waxball88 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoffman5982 View Post
Also, OP, if you're ordering the brake line relocation, order the Suspicious Garage ones from AceupMotorsports. They were the original kit that Chasebays copied and look awesome(I have them).

Suspicious Garage Brake Line Relocation kit S13/S14 - Ace Up Motorsports

If it was something different, disregard this post then.
And AceUp has EXCELLENT customer service. Vitaly is a great guy running a tight ship. Always available, always helpful. Not like the big guys who are too busy for the individual!
waxball88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 02:55 PM   #80
Prove It
Zilvia Member

Prove It is an unknown quantity at this point
Even after you get your product be scared. I plugged in my harness and my injectors are not getting pulse and no spark. Now I am going to go over everything as it may not be their fault just yet, but it is looking like may be sending my harness back to get fixed...
Prove It is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 03:03 PM   #81
DisEpyon
Zilvia Junkie

DisEpyon is a splendid one to beholdDisEpyon is a splendid one to beholdDisEpyon is a splendid one to beholdDisEpyon is a splendid one to beholdDisEpyon is a splendid one to beholdDisEpyon is a splendid one to beholdDisEpyon is a splendid one to beholdDisEpyon is a splendid one to beholdDisEpyon is a splendid one to beholdDisEpyon is a splendid one to beholdDisEpyon is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to DisEpyon
you should of thoroughly checked everything to begin with. You expect damaged used old beaten up stuff to work magically with out inspection? Lesson learn, dont ever expect used parts to work properly.

But from all the negative comments about Chase bays, seems like their customer service is crap, so they can go swallow a dick and choke on some balls. Until they up their game with customer service they dont deserve pussy.
DisEpyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 04:26 PM   #82
tricky_ab
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (23)
tricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by ch1873857 View Post
Chasebays:

If the POS Powersteering res is junk because mine does not have baffling. SEND ME A NEW ONE.
You forgot to say please...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Om1kron View Post
Only two pages, the ones on all of the honda forums are WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY LONGER I don't understand how you can try to expand your business when you can't even take care of your base customers. Shit's mind boggling.
Yeah those threads were some heavy threads. At least he's sticking around trying to sort things out...
tricky_ab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 04:39 PM   #83
ch1873857
Nissanaholic!

sorting things out by blaming it on a supplier? i hate excuses. if you dont have a part instock. disclose to the customer that there WILL be a wait and they will be updated as needed..

case in point GT Factory or PBM/PSM whatever...

i ordered FLCA/Tension rods back in november didnt recieve them until april and im ok with that why? because they let me know changes in the shipment etc. not to mention they keep their stock updated pretty well. so i knew there would be a wait. tis the reason why i own most of the products they sell. that. and quality. nuff said..
Old 05-16-2012, 05:09 PM   #84
tricky_ab
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (23)
tricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
Sorting it out by actually posting in the threads that bring his business practices into question. He talked all reckless and then dipped on the Honda forums for a minute.
tricky_ab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 06:49 PM   #85
Hoffman5982
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (25)
Hoffman5982 is just really niceHoffman5982 is just really niceHoffman5982 is just really niceHoffman5982 is just really niceHoffman5982 is just really niceHoffman5982 is just really niceHoffman5982 is just really niceHoffman5982 is just really niceHoffman5982 is just really niceHoffman5982 is just really nice
Feedback Score: 25 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by waxball88 View Post
And AceUp has EXCELLENT customer service. Vitaly is a great guy running a tight ship. Always available, always helpful. Not like the big guys who are too busy for the individual!
Vitaly is the man. I ordered the brake lines and didn't see the SG clutch line so I just ordered the ISIS one. He emailed me saying he upgraded me to the SG line as it was longer so that it could be relocated and it would match the brake lines, at no extra cost.
Old 05-16-2012, 07:11 PM   #86
S14kouki_10
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (7)
S14kouki_10 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
so chasebays sucks, ok.
S14kouki_10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 10:41 PM   #87
odmoht
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (36)
odmoht is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 36 reviews
why cant folks be more like mr broadfield lol
cant imagine the thread on HT..
odmoht is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 11:08 AM   #88
LI NY 240sx
Leaky Injector

LI NY 240sx is an unknown quantity at this point
I can't view the Chase Bays site from work because the category is listed as "Gambling", Haha.

I do have a few Chase Bays items on my looong list of parts to purchase. Despite all the negative reviews, I think I will still buy from them. Maybe I'll just be pressing my luck. I like to support the smaller businesses. I've waited months for parts before, so that's nothing new. It sounds like they are taking some steps to correct the issues.
LI NY 240sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 12:45 PM   #89
scottie
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (11)
scottie is just really nicescottie is just really nicescottie is just really nicescottie is just really nicescottie is just really nicescottie is just really nicescottie is just really nicescottie is just really nicescottie is just really nice
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
I ordered his 300zx BMC hard line replacement hoses. I have yet to install them but they appear quality. I got them within 2 weeks of ordering.

I am not making any excuses but as a sales rep for multiple companies in the commercial business industry, I know all to well about supplier shortages. Even ones who have been doing great for decades can have hard times. And when the economy tanked no one, I mean NO ONE wanted to keep production up in case nothing was being purchased. Several times in the past 2 years lead times have nearly doubled due to lack of either personel or supplies.

Good luck to those who choose to do business with small companies. I think it's good to support small business. Just know that small business rarely have the funds to maintain overhead of stocked parts so in general you will wait a little longer for an order.
scottie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 01:02 PM   #90
lbs_ft
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (14)
lbs_ft is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
I ordered the S13 power steering kit, and I'm satisfied with both the product and the company. When I put the order in, they sent me an email immediately letting me know that one of the parts was on backorder, and they would refund my money if I didn't want to wait.

That's what you have to understand about Chasebays and other similar companies: they don't make their own parts. They source them out from any number of individual manufacturers, and if one of those companies falls behind, Chasebays catches the flak for it.

I went to install my power steering kit, and I realized I was missing a fitting. I emailed them about the issue, and I had one in my hands in 2 days flat, free of charge. I haven't had a problem with the kit either, install was painless and I've had no leaks.

Chasebays is all good in my book, I'd recommend them to anyone.
lbs_ft is offline   Reply With Quote