Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk > S Chassis

S Chassis Technical discussion related to the S Chassis such as the S12, S13, S14, and S15.

Old 07-10-2018, 07:27 AM   #1
Silvia180_

Trader Rating: (0)
Silvia180_ is a well-known jackass
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
What are my best options

Hey guys so I recently got in a car accident in my 98 240sx. It was a front end collision and pretty much destroyed my radiator core support and dented a like bit of my chassis I wanted to see what my options are should I get fixed by pulling out the chassis and fixing the aprons and going tubed core support or should I just go completely tubed front end btw I wanna know the cons and pros to both since once the car is fixed I wanna still be able to use on the street and go to the track on the weekend here are some pictures of the accident so you guys have an idea of what’s going on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Silvia180_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-10-2018, 08:07 AM   #2
tuzzio
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
tuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Put it on the frame machine and see how it looks. All that sheet metal can be fixed, and I believe you can still get a brand new radiator support. Just depends how much time/money/nice you want it to look.
tuzzio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2018, 08:57 AM   #3
Silvia180_

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuzzio View Post
Put it on the frame machine and see how it looks. All that sheet metal can be fixed, and I believe you can still get a brand new radiator support. Just depends how much time/money/nice you want it to look.

Yeah that’s what I was thinking but a new core support for my Kouki is like $600 I’d rather just get it tubed and fix the sides of the chassis

Old 07-10-2018, 09:11 AM   #4
Silvia180_

Btw guys if I go tubed front end this is the design I’m going for since I will be dropping in a 1jz gte non vvti in it

Old 07-10-2018, 10:10 AM   #5
Agamemnon
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (20)
Agamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 20 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silvia180_ View Post
Yeah that’s what I was thinking but a new core support for my Kouki is like $600 I’d rather just get it tubed and fix the sides of the chassis

S15 core supports are pretty much the same as a Kouki support and only cost $175.
Agamemnon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2018, 04:22 AM   #6
nzmoman
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (2)
nzmoman is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Is the title still clean? If so then tubed will be cheaper, but if the title gets flagged, I know a tubed frame won’t pass inspection for a rebuilt title.

nzmoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2018, 07:41 AM   #7
Silvia180_

Quote:
Originally Posted by nzmoman View Post
Is the title still clean? If so then tubed will be cheaper, but if the title gets flagged, I know a tubed frame won’t pass inspection for a rebuilt title.

Yes the title status is still clean since my insurance didn’t wanna cover the accident it’s up to me to fix it

Old 07-11-2018, 01:11 PM   #8
Silvia180_

Quote:

Still in the process of finding out police didn’t file a report on the accident so I’m hoping it doesn’t get sent to the dmv and make my care salvaged

Old 07-12-2018, 12:24 AM   #9
nzmoman
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (2)
nzmoman is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silvia180_ View Post
Still in the process of finding out police didn’t file a report on the accident so I’m hoping it doesn’t get sent to the dmv and make my care salvaged

You need to know that first. I think you’re either pricing out tube frame or it’ll be totaled and you’ll be looking for a clean chassis

nzmoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2018, 04:10 PM   #10
Silvia180_

Quote:
You need to know that first. I think you’re either pricing out tube frame or it’ll be totaled and you’ll be looking for a clean chassis

Guy on the Instagram post said he’ll tube my front end for $900 idk what kinda of work he’s doing or if it’s any good seems to good to be true