Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk > S Chassis

S Chassis Technical discussion related to the S Chassis such as the S12, S13, S14, and S15.

Old 07-04-2018, 02:19 AM   #1
MBCUSTOM

Trader Rating: (0)
MBCUSTOM is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
240SX S13 camber, caster, height

I've just bought adjustable coilovers and camber kit for a 240SX S13.
Somebody can help me with the riding height, the camber and the caster for front and rear?
I would like to lower the car, but not too much.
Regarding caster/camber, i would like to have a "light"drift set up that alow me to use the car also in a "normal" way (most of the time drift [emoji23]).
Do you have any suggestion?
What is your set up?
Thank you in advance.

Inviato dal mio D6603 utilizzando Tapatalk
MBCUSTOM is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-04-2018, 03:59 AM   #2
Croustibat
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (0)
Croustibat is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
suggestion 1:
read the answer i already provided about height on your other thread

suggestion 2:
only make 1 thread, and READ this one http://zilvia.net/f/showthread.php?t=296725 . Then read it again and again until you can make sense of it. It will give you all the answers you need, although you may not like them.

Basically a drift setup is the opposite of an everyday setup; you want your tires flat at full opposite lock, while everyday setup requires to have your tires flat aroud a small wheel angle in the corner direction. You cannot have both.

Also none of this matters if you bought cheap coilovers since they will not work correctly.
Finally, static camber/caster/ angles are only valid if your suspension is sorted, and that means you already got rid of bump steer/ toe steer/ and have corrected your roll center, all these being necessary as soon as you change ride height. Prepare €€€. Lots of them.

TL;DR : get the stock strut suspension back, put a swift spring kit on it, quality dampers, whiteline swaybars and enjoy your S-chassis with working suspensions.

Or install your coilovers, close the hydraulics, add a big rear swaybar and set the shortest rear traction rods you can while not binding the camber arm. The suspension will hardly move since hydraulics are closed, but when it does the rear wheels will open wide as soon as you start to brake and close again as soon as you get on the gas. Perfect thing to initiate a drift without even going clutch kick or anything.
If you go that way, put the max camber you can at the front and the least caster, with a slight opening. It will not handle well and it WILL be scary, but the car will be quite tail happy and controllable, as long as you do not go fast.
Croustibat is offline   Reply With Quote