Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Off Topic Chat

Off Topic Chat All non related chat goes here.

Old 05-22-2015, 04:07 AM   #241
Tempo
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (39)
Tempo is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 39 reviews
Use to come on here daily with new content to view but the past year up until now has been slow, rereading the same stuff, seeing the same parts for sale, less updated picture threads zenki/kouki thread especially wheel fitment whore thread.

Feels like it's picking up slowly now, less spam. I can't say Facebook killed us since other forums are still thriving fine but maybe all the dumb threads like "you're doing it wrong"...etc

IG - allen.kerose
Tempo is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-22-2015, 07:29 AM   #242
Bushido
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (10)
Bushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempo View Post
...maybe all the dumb threads like "you're doing it wrong"...etc

the doing it wrong thread is an attempt to call out and hopefully reform the horrible decisions which have become de rigueur for s chassis styling/maintenance/fabrication as of late.
Old 05-22-2015, 07:45 AM   #243
DRIFTER-M
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (0)
DRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of lightDRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of lightDRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of lightDRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of lightDRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of lightDRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of lightDRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of lightDRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of lightDRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of lightDRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of lightDRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to DRIFTER-M
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bushido View Post
the doing it wrong thread is an attempt to call out and hopefully reform the horrible decisions which have become de rigueur for s chassis styling/maintenance/fabrication as of late.
It certainly isn't without merit, but unfortunately it does alienate a good portion of the scene. So many people have been placed in there with simply having cars that are mid build.

It's unfortunate that many s-chassis are being trashed, I agree - but at the same time unless we are financing their build I am not sure why it matters to us so much. I believe I would rather have the growing, thriving, close knit scene of the past than to have no scene at all and become the "a-hole" car community. I miss the days in which it was drama free and everyone just loved hanging out... Just my .02 man, I know you have been in the scene forever and I think your car game is strong. I think we both have equal passion for the scene, just maybe different views on which path is the correct one.
Old 05-22-2015, 08:26 AM   #244
NISR20MO
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (29)
NISR20MO is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 29 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRIFTER-M View Post
It certainly isn't without merit, but unfortunately it does alienate a good portion of the scene. So many people have been placed in there with simply having cars that are mid build.

It's unfortunate that many s-chassis are being trashed, I agree - but at the same time unless we are financing their build I am not sure why it matters to us so much. I believe I would rather have the growing, thriving, close knit scene of the past than to have no scene at all and become the "a-hole" car community. I miss the days in which it was drama free and everyone just loved hanging out... Just my .02 man, I know you have been in the scene forever and I think your car game is strong. I think we both have equal passion for the scene, just maybe different views on which path is the correct one.
Not trying to single you out..

I think traffic has increased since the start of that thread specifically. It probably features one of the highest per day post counts, that is not good.

Anyone building a quality car could care less if a pic of their mid build ride shows up in there. I think we can all admit most of the crap in there thoroughly deserves to be. I personally despise the "ratchet" look. Almost anyone can swing a hammer, so uh, good for them? Nope. I'm all for doing what you want but there is a limit. A quick temporary fix in a pinch is understandable, rigging an entire car is not the same.

Can anyone who ever wants to get their dick wet honestly say that they would chill in a parking lot chatting it up with a couple of turd pushing hoonigan jabronis and pretend inside that everything is ok?

As far as our scene goes. I'm not trying to park/cruise/slide my car with/next to/around people who's cars are first round picks in the scrapyard draft or clinical aids trials, nah mean.

EDIT: I guess what I'm trying to say is, I have no way of relating to a lot of the newer 240 owners that embrace this missile/ratchet "fad" thing.
NISR20MO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2015, 12:41 PM   #245
DRIFTER-M
Zilvia Addict

DRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of lightDRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of lightDRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of lightDRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of lightDRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of lightDRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of lightDRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of lightDRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of lightDRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of lightDRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of lightDRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via AIM to DRIFTER-M
Quote:
Originally Posted by NISR20MO View Post
Not trying to single you out..

I think traffic has increased since the start of that thread specifically. It probably features one of the highest per day post counts, that is not good.

Anyone building a quality car could care less if a pic of their mid build ride shows up in there. I think we can all admit most of the crap in there thoroughly deserves to be. I personally despise the "ratchet" look. Almost anyone can swing a hammer, so uh, good for them? Nope. I'm all for doing what you want but there is a limit. A quick temporary fix in a pinch is understandable, rigging an entire car is not the same.

Can anyone who ever wants to get their dick wet honestly say that they would chill in a parking lot chatting it up with a couple of turd pushing hoonigan jabronis and pretend inside that everything is ok?

As far as our scene goes. I'm not trying to park/cruise/slide my car with/next to/around people who's cars are first round picks in the scrapyard draft or clinical aids trials, nah mean.

EDIT: I guess what I'm trying to say is, I have no way of relating to a lot of the newer 240 owners that embrace this missile/ratchet "fad" thing.
I didn't take it as such, I can acknowledge that we are able to harmoniously share a difference in opinion but still be a part of a shared, beloved scene.

To counter your point:
- I believe traffic has increased too, mostly due to people getting linked there. Not all traffic is good traffic, we are like rush hour right now here - crashing hard but people stop to check out the train wreck? I think more people are clicking to check out that link, while neglecting the other %99 of zilvia because why would they keep searching when it is filled with a ton of hate. It isn't really new, IMO - zilvia, though my favorite national s-chassis site has always been extremely pessimistic and unwelcoming to n00bs. Just always been the MO, but the scene in general stiffened up like this for a bit so not surprising. Now though I think we should return to positive criticism and helping n00bs rather than being like "GET OUTTA MY SCENE YOUR CAR LOOKS LIKE BALLSDICK" or what have you.

- I think you are generalizing about who cares or who does not. Some people are overly sensitive some are not. I would say most of the people pictured in the thread have an issue with it. Some of those cars are misrepresented. I know a dude who runs D1 pro-am who is in that thread and is a super chill dude with really clean cars. Then I see s-chassis with half the car beat with a hammer for no apparent reason, then I see others who are clearly being built at the time but still pictured because they are currently primered, mismatched, etc. The guidelines and range are all over the place and opens almost everyone up to appearing in said thread at one point or another. I just don't think ragging on them publicly is doing anything to help our scene or sport grow and I do care about the future of it.

- I would talk with people with any level car. I mean, my bro-in-law has exotics, we chat. I have had ~$30k cars alongside of owning my s-chassis and talked with people with beat cars they were just entering drifting with. We all share a love for said chassis or auto sport, I understand that haggard cars are not a great outside representation but to help them fix that we should be constructive.

- I will hang or drift with anybody who is cool enough personally to warrant my time and can respect my chassis. I don't want some dude thinking he can tandem because he watched "Ken Block" (this reference drives me nuts BTW, but so many n00bs use it) but if their car is lesser than mine and they want to hang and bang in my scene respectfully who am I to push them away?

- I understand being against said fad. I am not pro haggard cars either. I have always tried to be fairly purist in my views of s-chassis and drifting, and you seldom see well respected Jland dudes tossing around beat up cars (outside of the missles at Ebisu). That being said, I am also not building or financing other peoples cars, so my opinion isn't valid to their car. All I can do is offer my thoughts if asked, and help steer people in what I believe to be the best direction.

We cool? Zilvia <3, nostalgia +rep
Old 05-22-2015, 02:37 PM   #246
Extreme Dimensions
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Trader Rating: (9)
Extreme Dimensions is a splendid one to beholdExtreme Dimensions is a splendid one to beholdExtreme Dimensions is a splendid one to beholdExtreme Dimensions is a splendid one to beholdExtreme Dimensions is a splendid one to beholdExtreme Dimensions is a splendid one to beholdExtreme Dimensions is a splendid one to beholdExtreme Dimensions is a splendid one to beholdExtreme Dimensions is a splendid one to beholdExtreme Dimensions is a splendid one to beholdExtreme Dimensions is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
I have to be honest, every single 240 guy I run into on the streets says they are Zilvia members. Probably had an influx from last years numbers but there are only so many S Chassis on the road.
Extreme Dimensions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2015, 08:12 AM   #247
yingiang
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (17)
yingiang is making a name for him/her selfyingiang is making a name for him/her selfyingiang is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
because drift tax and 240sx not available to buy and mod
yingiang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2015, 08:50 AM   #248
STR8 H8N
BANNED

STR8 H8N is an unknown quantity at this point
STR8 H8N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2015, 01:15 PM   #249
dizzariot
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (47)
dizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 47 reviews
DRIFTER-M,

I think you're just too forgiving. I don't want to fight with you either but I have to totally disagree. When I first joined this forum and got into the s-chassis I made one n00b mistake and one only: I posted my 'intro' in the wrong thread and people called me an asshole.

I was an asshole.

New members come here, don't even bother to look up the plethora of information that can be found here, and then trash our forum with useless threads. These are the assholes that can't upload pictures for FS threads, use the 'search' function, and (as you so eloquently put it) are here because they saw Ken fucking Block slide a fucking Fiesta around. I say Fiesta because they probably didn't even see the Subaru videos.

It was the last mistake I made here and (I think) I'm generally a well-received member and part of this community now.

Our generation is one of forgiveness and political correctness. Take that however you want...but don't tell me I have to be politically correct on an interwebz forum.

Bushido put it best: we want to stop these fucking swag-loving-Hooni-bros from trashing more s-chassis cars. I seriously can't understand how most people bitching in the Cars FS thread don't know how supply and demand works. Fuckboy destroys s-chassis, one less s-chassis in the world, 'hard-to-find-in-this-condition' becomes a main selling point, people will pay more, and prices go up. Even my SR'd car is worth more than an RB'd #trakksloot because it's 'closer to OEM'.

If there are 'mid-project' cars posted in the DIW thread then the poster of said content made a mistake. By the same token, I think most of us can tell when a car is a project and we can most certainly tell when some just likes to use the moniker of 'project car' to justify how shitty their car is. In the DIW thread there is less and less of this because those types of projects haven't really been making an appearance in there lately. Instead we're getting the guys who are PROUD of their shitbox. The 'before and after' pictures where you can see a clean, unmolested chassis turned into a fucking heap break my heart a little bit whenever I have the misfortune of seeing them.

In summation, I don't want to fight you. I do, however, want to formally disagree with you and debate this with you. If this forum is full of negative energy then misery must love company because I quote/PM a lot of the same people on this forum. I have no 'car friends' in my day-to-day life but it's nice to know I have other fellow assholes to converse with.
Old 08-01-2015, 10:09 PM   #250
Habibi240
Zilvia Member

Habibi240 is an unknown quantity at this point
Look at my first post .
Any and almost everything i search for has been covered on here or another Forum
Ive had 2 s13s in 4 years both had sr swaps and I just barely made an account

Not to flaunt my kouki tails or the oversized Pistons im running or my suspension or 180sx quarter windows(hatch)

I just wanted to make some friends .

And bam!! I get set on fire ! 🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥

I've seen the flaming just looking around the forum but never would of thought that something so simple would set the zilvia gods torches on fire
Habibi240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2015, 02:00 PM   #251
drift freaq
R.I.P. Aya, always love

Trader Rating: (215)
drift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 215 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habibi240 View Post
Look at my first post .
Any and almost everything i search for has been covered on here or another Forum
Ive had 2 s13s in 4 years both had sr swaps and I just barely made an account

Not to flaunt my kouki tails or the oversized Pistons im running or my suspension or 180sx quarter windows(hatch)

I just wanted to make some friends .

And bam!! I get set on fire ! ������������

I've seen the flaming just looking around the forum but never would of thought that something so simple would set the zilvia gods torches on fire
First post mistake ," hi guys I am looking for snap chatters" seriously did you stop to think people are to talk about 240 stuff here? To just come out of the gate saying you are to snap chat looks pretty spam bot worthy. Due to a very high intolerance to spam bots because of past invasions you definitely did not start off on the right foot here.
People don't come here to snap chat. They snap chat on snap chat. Perhaps after making friends with some of us some might want to snap chat.

Official disclaimer..
This is not a flame by the way and if you think it is you seriously have no idea about flaming. It's merely a bit of advice from someone who has been here nearly from the beginning.

New Video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uebV1OnbRsw
Buy my mounts!
http://zilvia.net/f/sale-items/51531...ns-mounts.html
http://zilvia.net/f/tech-talk/317539...e-mouts-6.html
drift freaq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2015, 02:11 PM   #252
Habibi240
Zilvia Member

Habibi240 is an unknown quantity at this point
Oops 😲🔫 lemur make a new account n start over 😂😂
Habibi240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2015, 09:18 PM   #253
Sumslapper
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (5)
Sumslapper is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habibi240 View Post
Oops 😲🔫 lemur make a new account n start over 😂😂
I have another account created in 2010 I am willing to sell for $29.95 shipped.
Sumslapper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2015, 08:15 AM   #254
TheRealSy90
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (10)
TheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Gets banned for having two accounts lel.
TheRealSy90 is offline   Reply With Quote