Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk

Tech Talk Technical Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 11-25-2008, 08:20 PM   #1
Dfigga
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
Dfigga is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Unhappy KA24E problems help me out!

so for the past few months my car has been idling really rough when i put my foot on the clutch sometimes. and also my car dies out when i go past 4k rpm's in 4th and 5th gear like it doesnt shut off and die, i mean i press the gas pedal and i get no response, i have to put my foot on the clutch to catch it again and it will only respond at 3k rpms and if i try to go past 4k it dies out again and i have to repeat the same thing. so i cant even go past 100mph, oh and sometimes it doesnt die out only during cold weather. but yeah people suggested cleaning my throttle body or checking the tps. but i havent tried anything yet, does anyone have any suggestions? i really need help. thanks oh and btw whenever i get on the throttle my headlights get brighter LOL anyone have an idea?

Last edited by Dfigga; 12-10-2008 at 06:03 PM.. Reason: yeaaah.
Dfigga is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-25-2008, 10:32 PM   #2
undesiredshoe
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (2)
undesiredshoe is a glorious beacon of lightundesiredshoe is a glorious beacon of lightundesiredshoe is a glorious beacon of lightundesiredshoe is a glorious beacon of lightundesiredshoe is a glorious beacon of lightundesiredshoe is a glorious beacon of lightundesiredshoe is a glorious beacon of lightundesiredshoe is a glorious beacon of lightundesiredshoe is a glorious beacon of lightundesiredshoe is a glorious beacon of lightundesiredshoe is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to undesiredshoe
Wait, so you have a problem with your car and people have suggested that you check out certain things...but you havent and you made a new thread...wtf

Maybe its because you race on the freeway, sohcs tend to die when they are raced on the freeway.

Wait, arent you also a ricer then if you race on the freeway with ricers who race on the freeway?

Ok im confused...
undesiredshoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2008, 04:51 PM   #3
Ghost05

Ghost05 is an unknown quantity at this point
lol why don't you actually try what other have suggested and then make a new thread lol but any way clean you're MAF, and run the Seafoam gauntlet it sounds like you've been abusin the shit out of your single cam. buy three cans of seafoam, dump on in your gas tank with 91 octane, dump one in your crankcase(Oil) and suck one can through your bracke booster. when you put the can in your oil let it idle at normal operating temp for 15-20 min. then change your oil don't drive on it you will fuck shit up. and make sure to keep an eye on your temp gauge.
Ghost05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2008, 07:44 PM   #4
Dfigga
Leaky Injector

Dfigga is an unknown quantity at this point
its ricer to race on the freeway? LOL i guess, im just having fun.
Dfigga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2008, 07:48 PM   #5
S13sam
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (3)
S13sam is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Send a message via AIM to S13sam
Try checking out your fuel filter. My friends car had similar problems and he put a new fuel filter and she started to run perfect. Its just a suggestion, remember those are as old as dirt and not many people take care of general maintenance on their cars.
S13sam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2008, 08:22 PM   #6
s13 @ fullboost
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (15)
s13 @ fullboost is close to perfections13 @ fullboost is close to perfections13 @ fullboost is close to perfections13 @ fullboost is close to perfections13 @ fullboost is close to perfections13 @ fullboost is close to perfections13 @ fullboost is close to perfections13 @ fullboost is close to perfections13 @ fullboost is close to perfections13 @ fullboost is close to perfections13 @ fullboost is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 15 reviews
Send a message via AIM to s13 @ fullboost
^^^^^ agreed change the fuel filter and also clean the throttle body