Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Marketplace > For Sale Items > Cars For Sale

Old 08-19-2015, 05:40 PM   #1
the3SecondJerk
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (3)
the3SecondJerk is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
s14 TW/FT/FS 1997 Nissan 240SX SE - Original BN6 Starfire Blue Pearl

I was not originally considering selling or trading, but simply owning this car has gotten me some offers so let's see what happens. (BTW I've had and declined offers of $7500, $7000, and many lame trade offers)

Just for shits and giggles starting offers at $8500
Trades: Trucks, Houses, Boats, Houseboats, SUV, Swapped S14, Anything interesting, NO PROJECTS

All original 1997 Nissan 240SX SE
BN6 - Starfire Blue Pearl
Manufactured March 1997
Automatic
145,xxx Miles
2 Owners
Florida Car
Clean

Good:
• No sunroof
• No rust
• 1 of 202 BN6
• SE package
• OEM 240SX Floormats
• Mint Interior
• Runs Strong (I've owned a few s14s this guy has the strongest engine out of the lot)
• New hood and bumper - Genuine Nissan OEM parts
• Automatic (I consider this a positive as it probably has no clue what a burnout is, drifted, or gotten stupid with)
• Engine Bay is clean
• No parts missing

Bad:
• Due to minor front-ender bender, the headlight support brackets and upper radiator support were bent then straightened, bumper & hood were replaced with new OEM parts. NO FRAME DAMAGE, purely cosmetic.
• Needs hood and bumper painted (currently black and honestly not bad looking, lol).
• Rear bumper has a minor scratch
• Driver headlight mounting plastic tab has a crack (very fixable)

Will come with:
• OEM Original Wheels
• OEM Original Suspension (complete with BN6 overspray)

Can Include for the right price:
• 2008 350z Nismo Edition Ray's 18" & 19" Wheels (Newer 285/35/19 Potenza & 245/40/18 Torenza Tires)
• Tein Coilovers

Yes, that is bird poop. Clean underside Clean engine and bay

Last edited by the3SecondJerk; 08-19-2015 at 05:55 PM.. Reason: Added content
the3SecondJerk is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-19-2015, 06:59 PM   #2
KiLLeR2001
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (46)
KiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 46 reviews
Very clean car. No sunroof is a plus. It would for sure be worth $8500 if it was an original M/T car. Unfortunately, that is not the case. I would consider this car to be in the $6500-$7500 range. That is of course my personal opinion.

Kingtal0n, the master of all things S14 and Kouki will probably chime in here shortly with his 2 cents.
Old 08-19-2015, 07:37 PM   #3
the3SecondJerk
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiLLeR2001 View Post
Very clean car. No sunroof is a plus. It would for sure be worth $8500 if it was an original M/T car. Unfortunately, that is not the case. I would consider this car to be in the $6500-$7500 range.
Coming from the collector car world (especially one where colors matter) I definitely get that about the M/T thing to a degree. On one end it's a plus, because by nature of the beast it hasn't been abused. A great platform to start a project or for the casual enthusiast. As a collector vehicle there are obvious downsides of it being automatic transmission (which operates flawlessly might I add). I'm guessing in 5-10 years a clean completely stock (rare color: BN6 LS1 KR5) M/T will pull in at least $15k and A/T closer to $12k.

It is a strange transition time for the rarer versions (let's be honest: colors) as these are beginning to be collected more, but the tuner market is also very much alive which puts it in a weird space in between the two.
Old 08-19-2015, 07:49 PM   #4
RalliartRsX
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (32)
RalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 32 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by the3SecondJerk View Post
....... I'm guessing in 5-10 years a clean completely stock (rare color: BN6 LS1 KR5) M/T will pull in at least $15k and A/T closer to $12k.

I constantly hear people mention this, and I will refute this claim to no end. IN 5-10 years, S14s will fall into the 25 year rule, and the market drastically opens up to import a much cleaner GENUINE S14a/S14b/Silvia chassis as compared to the majority of wrecked or cobbled together North American pieces.

Also, the market itself will be open to many many more RWD options at that point with the twins (FRS/BRZ) getting to be 10+ years old, Hyundais 2.0 turbo coupe being cheap as dirt, the JDM (that acronym urks me to no end.........) market and the multitude of RWD cars that will be 5-10 years old by then.

People need to stop holding on an empty dream. As long as the drift boys keep wrecking them, people will begin to realize paying 10-15K for a busted as S chassis is ridiculous as so many options could be had for the same price or cheaper.

Keep on dreaming if you think otherwise. R32 GTRs are selling for 15-17K for EXTREMELY cleam low mileage stock examples. I fail to see how an outdated S chassis will ever begin to fetch such prices.
RalliartRsX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2015, 07:53 PM   #5
RalliartRsX
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (32)
RalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 32 reviews
To the OP

Clean car and I absolutely LOVE this color! I won't be looking for another S14 until the end of the PDX/HPDE/trackday season. This would have made the perfect replacement.

This should hopefully sell quick.
RalliartRsX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2015, 08:46 PM   #6
the3SecondJerk
Zilvia Junkie

Thanks! It is pretty clean and the original Blue Pearl shines so good in the sun

I probably should refrain from this but I have no self-restraint. The perceived value has really nothing to do with a RWD drivetrain configuration from any random manufacturer. I think you may be basing your argument on engine and performance alone rather than rarity of particular models and options from particular manufacturers; to which an enthusiast or collector may favor. A rare version of anything will always garner extra attention from enthusiast and collector alike. Am I saying an LS1/BN6 97-98 240sx will ever be worth $50k-$1M+ like a rare American muscle car with a big engine? Definitely no. But will an unmolested, very low production (& rare original paint) vehicle be worth more and be much more desirable? Absolutely. Even nice older (stock) Z cars can and do sell for well over $20K and it isn't really about their (comparatively high) production numbers or horsepower and it really hasn't been derailed by the existence of the Fairlady Z of the same chassis. An as an aside there might be more 70-73 240Zs floating around than 97-98 240SXs :P

BTW and just to refute some your arguments because I'm stubborn like that:

Quote:
IN 5-10 years, S14s will fall into the 25 year rule, and the market drastically opens up
For what it's worth BN6 S14a Silvias are pretty rare in their own right.

Quote:
... GENUINE S14a/S14b/Silvia chassis as compared to the majority of wrecked or cobbled together North American pieces.
This IS a GENUINE S14/a chassis.

Quote:
...import a much cleaner GENUINE S14a/S14b/Silvia chassis
I doubt there are many MUCH cleaner ones in the world.

Last edited by the3SecondJerk; 08-20-2015 at 10:29 AM..
Old 08-19-2015, 08:51 PM   #7
the3SecondJerk
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
I fail to see how an outdated S chassis will ever begin to fetch such prices.
People have been underestimating value of rare vehicles for a long time, you aren't the first.
Old 08-19-2015, 09:11 PM   #8
KiLLeR2001
Post Whore!

KiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud of
Quote:
Coming from the collector car world (especially one where colors matter) I definitely get that about the M/T thing to a degree. On one end it's a plus, because by nature of the beast it hasn't been abused.
That's the beauty of the unmolested M/T. Especially in S14's where it seems that more automatics were made than manuals.

Quote:
I'm guessing in 5-10 years a clean completely stock (rare color: BN6 LS1 KR5) M/T will pull in at least $15k and A/T closer to $12k.

It is a strange transition time for the rarer versions (let's be honest: colors) as these are beginning to be collected more, but the tuner market is also very much alive which puts it in a weird space in between the two.
You do realize I am responsible for coming up with the numerical values of these rare colors? Before I did any research people just said "rare color" and left it at that.

My question to you now is, how much would you be selling this car for, if it were a standard color, lets say Super Black #KH3?
Old 08-19-2015, 09:36 PM   #9
the3SecondJerk
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiLLeR2001 View Post
You do realize I am responsible for coming up with the numerical values of these rare colors? Before I did any research people just said "rare color" and left it at that.

My question to you now is, how much would you be selling this car for, if it were a standard color, lets say Super Black #KH3?
Sorry, I guess I don't realize.

I sold a 1997 KH3 for $5300 (also auto, and not as clean by a wide margin.) I also sold a 97 kh3 rolling chassis for $500.

Last edited by the3SecondJerk; 08-19-2015 at 11:20 PM.. Reason: Figured out the fellow in this thread also figured out production numbers.
Old 08-21-2015, 12:18 AM   #10
poktan
Zilvia Member

poktan is an unknown quantity at this point
I'm not sure if you can claim original paint if the hood and bumper need to be painted. It's still a marvelous color though. Can you post some pics of the support brackets and rad support that has been bent back? I am in the market for a new daily.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
poktan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2015, 02:16 AM   #11
KiLLeR2001
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by poktan View Post
I'm not sure if you can claim original paint if the hood and bumper need to be painted. It's still a marvelous color though. Can you post some pics of the support brackets and rad support that has been bent back? I am in the market for a new daily.
The condition of the paint is irrelevant as long as #BN6 is stamped on the firewall plate. In this case, that indicates that it is 1 of only 202 that have that same color code stamped. It's like collecting a rare Pokemon card, would you rather have a card they made 10,000 of or only 100 of?
Old 08-21-2015, 02:22 AM   #12
Kingtal0n
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (17)
Kingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Kingtal0n
I would trade my car in sig without wheels for that one plus $5000
Old 08-21-2015, 03:07 AM   #13
Hoffman5982
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (25)
Hoffman5982 is just really niceHoffman5982 is just really niceHoffman5982 is just really niceHoffman5982 is just really niceHoffman5982 is just really niceHoffman5982 is just really niceHoffman5982 is just really niceHoffman5982 is just really niceHoffman5982 is just really niceHoffman5982 is just really nice
Feedback Score: 25 reviews
Quote:
OEM Original Suspension (complete with BN6 overspray)
What?? Unless it has been resprayed there should be zero overspray anywhere

If this car were mint I would be happy to pay 8500 for this. Problem is, the core support was bent which is major. Bending it back out may fix it aesthetically, but it is now weaker. You also conveniently took the picture of the engine at such an angle that you can see everything BUT the core support, which makes me question how good of a job was done. The black fenders and hood do not look better. They look like depreciation. I think you're most likely going to end up in the ~6500 ball park. Auto MIGHT mean it wasn't ragged on, but theres just as high of a chance that it wasn't maintained as well(source: First car was an auto s14, I knew nothing about cars. There were times I'd be told to check the oil and there was none on the dip stick. Yes it was stupid, but it happened and I'm just being honest.) Either way, no one will want to keep it. Your biggest saving grace is the non sunroof SE model.

Good luck with sale. I'd love to find one in the future and keep it forever.
Old 08-24-2015, 06:04 AM   #14
NY2NV Miner
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
NY2NV Miner is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
That color though....beautiful. Re-painted with a swap and manual this car would be spectacular. I want those wheels.

It's a nice project starter car but it seems to me you're looking for a premium price with a pretty big list cons. I'm not trying to talk shit, just being realistic after buying my own 97 SR non-sunroof manual Kouki.

GLWS
NY2NV Miner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2015, 06:56 AM   #15
the3SecondJerk
Zilvia Junkie

I'm mostly looking for trades, that's why I am starting the cash price higher.

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk
Old 08-25-2015, 05:35 PM   #16
dizzariot
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (47)
dizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 47 reviews
Kinda want to offer my S13 but kinda sketched out on core support nonsense. Clean car, nonetheless.
Old 08-25-2015, 05:43 PM   #17
the3SecondJerk
Zilvia Junkie

The core support is absolutely fine and straight, but I did just order new OEM headlight brackets and upper radiator support (which was only slightly wavy, but still solid and holds the headlights straight and level).