Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 01-21-2009, 01:04 AM   #1
10-66kruk
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (4)
10-66kruk is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Pushed her home

Pushed the sil80 to a friends house about 2 miles tonight; up hills through intersections,and passing cops.So it started as two friends and I were at cherry on top a local yogurt place, and we then get into the car to head back to my house where their cars are parked.She didn't want to start, luckily some kid and his gf had some jumper cables gave me a jump and she started up, but sounded like ass. Loud as f**k and a knocking,I had no throttle response and when i gave it gas it bogged to death. So we waited and discussed. Thought of what our plan would be and we decided to push it back home.Quickly I just see if it would hopefully start? It did! Once again sounding like crap but i had throttle so we piled in and left. On the way back down Los Alisos there was a cop.Just sitting on the side of the road with his amber lights on.As I roll by him he pulls out... I was thinking of what it could be, i wasn't speeding, cars not loud, maybe he wanted to let me know about my stuck on drivers side turn signal I already knew about. As I turn right on Trabuco she starts bogging again and I flip on my hazards thinking he was gonna to pull over as well, as close as he was but nope he blew right by. Something was going on in the near by neighbor hood entrance. So my two friends and I get out and start pushing it up the hill. Then we got to the flat point and get back in to coast down. I knew at this point something was up with the motor so figured it cant really get worse so I try bumping it down the hill, it started but damn it wasn't happy; popping, rattling, bangin ,and shaking then a sudden clink clink sound down to the oil pan. Just kept coasting almost to my friends neighborhood where we talked about getting it to and we run out of momentum. So one of my friend takes the whell my other friend and I start pushing. We push it from the side of the road to the left turn lane as quick as we can without getting hit by cars comming down the hill. I then decided sense we got the momentum back we were going to charge through the intersection into the neighborhood, there were no cars around and half way through the signal went green for us. From there got it to my friends where it now sits.Tomorrow it will get picked up by tow truck. Parents gonna be pissed cause I just fixed the over heating bug it had, now a bad motor.. It's okay though im determined. Just think im going SR route. So if any of you have a running, dirt cheap SR lying around let me know.
Sorry for the long post just had to give my for the night. Ohhh and its great know i have two great Friends that helped me push my car to safety and help me out.
10-66kruk is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-21-2009, 01:21 AM   #2
GSXRJJordan
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (19)
GSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Send a message via AIM to GSXRJJordan
Glad you made it - the hills around there can be damned steep. Glad you didn't get any cop drama too.

One piece of advice though, being 18 (cops are already profiling you) and having a popular import car (especially with the silvia front, major profiling), getting an SR swap will just guarantee more cop drama. If you actually need the car to get to/from school/work/etc, consider keeping the motor stock.

Jordan Innovations has a new web site!
www.JordanInnovations.com -- All your favorite FD Pro Drifters love it, trust me -- www.JordanInnovations.com
GSXRJJordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 01:34 AM   #3
DataXUnknown
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (30)
DataXUnknown is close to perfectionDataXUnknown is close to perfectionDataXUnknown is close to perfectionDataXUnknown is close to perfectionDataXUnknown is close to perfectionDataXUnknown is close to perfectionDataXUnknown is close to perfectionDataXUnknown is close to perfectionDataXUnknown is close to perfectionDataXUnknown is close to perfectionDataXUnknown is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 30 reviews
^Definetly. They do profile, thinking your just some punk kid street racer. If you do go SR, I would paint the intercooler black, and keep the stock exhaust, or put a silencer on one you already have. And it won't be cheap. Make sure you have enough before you do the swap. I had $2k for mine and I had to wait a long time because I needed $500 more for misc. parts to complete the swap.
DataXUnknown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 08:41 AM   #4
10-66kruk
Leaky Injector

Ya cops around Lake Forest never seem to have anything better to do when i'm in my other car... Always getting pulled over. Ya the hills were shitty, but it made for a fun night with two god friends. Ya i know the SR can be a headache especially when cops suppose to have books on popular cars and different swaps.Will see what happens with the motor Just have to see how bad the damage is.
Ohh my other car i get hassled for..

Old 01-21-2009, 09:23 AM   #5
jorge1190
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (12)
jorge1190 is a name known to alljorge1190 is a name known to alljorge1190 is a name known to alljorge1190 is a name known to alljorge1190 is a name known to alljorge1190 is a name known to alljorge1190 is a name known to alljorge1190 is a name known to alljorge1190 is a name known to alljorge1190 is a name known to alljorge1190 is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
Damn we had to do that to my friends integra when he was being ignorant and it blew up. Pushed it down the highway, up the off ramp and into a gas station parking lot at around 3 in the morning. Ended up being about 2 or 3 miles it sucked i know how you feel
jorge1190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 09:44 AM   #6
smellslikecurry
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (33)
smellslikecurry is close to perfectionsmellslikecurry is close to perfectionsmellslikecurry is close to perfectionsmellslikecurry is close to perfectionsmellslikecurry is close to perfectionsmellslikecurry is close to perfectionsmellslikecurry is close to perfectionsmellslikecurry is close to perfectionsmellslikecurry is close to perfectionsmellslikecurry is close to perfectionsmellslikecurry is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 33 reviews
AAA is your friend free 3 mile towing and only like 20 bucks a year
Old 01-21-2009, 02:12 PM   #7
10-66kruk
Leaky Injector

yeah i know i just didnt want a toe truck showing up at my house at 11 last night with a blown motor. Stepdad would have been a little pissed, and then given me shit for having to have a Nissan. He is Alfa bias ted because he is a Alfa Mechanic and doesn't like that i did this car on my own.
Old 01-21-2009, 02:33 PM   #8
Sileighty_85
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (8)
Sileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Holy crap man use the enter button to space some of these sentences I lost my spot like 8 times haha

I know the feeling though your lucky you dont have a 2way or a welded diff, im sure your friends would have given up hahah

Good Luck
1986 SR86 - 200ish
1990 R32 GTR - 320hp
Don't Buy Engines from JDM-Online http://zilvia.net/f/businesses/207457-jdm-online.html
Don't Buy XS-Power or SSAC Shit
Sileighty_85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 02:53 PM   #9
2jzs14
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (6)
2jzs14 will become famous soon enough2jzs14 will become famous soon enough2jzs14 will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
is it a dual cam? sounds like what my car did when i broke a timing chain guide. ran fine, then i parked it and when i started it again later the valves were taping andran like shit. my dad came with his buddy's car dolly and towed me home. its still got compression so im pretty sure the valves arent bent so im gonna put a new timing set in it.
2jzs14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 03:21 PM   #10
DMaxUSA
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (0)
DMaxUSA has a reputation beyond reputeDMaxUSA has a reputation beyond reputeDMaxUSA has a reputation beyond reputeDMaxUSA has a reputation beyond reputeDMaxUSA has a reputation beyond reputeDMaxUSA has a reputation beyond reputeDMaxUSA has a reputation beyond reputeDMaxUSA has a reputation beyond reputeDMaxUSA has a reputation beyond reputeDMaxUSA has a reputation beyond reputeDMaxUSA has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Lake Forest PD isnt as bad as Irvine PD.

But the hills of Lake Forest suck!

At least you got back safe....

dmax-us.com
DMaxUSA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 03:25 PM   #11
10-66kruk
Leaky Injector

Sorry about the spaces there. lol I am sitting in class and was trying to concentrate on lecture and typing. Ya i will see what the deal is, I hope its just timing chain and nothing else messed up. Will see if its done with pretty sure going sr just don't know how much i want to deal with the headache of having a sr in my daily. California cops seem to have nothing better to do then pull over nice cars.