Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk

Tech Talk Technical Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-21-2006, 01:42 AM   #1
SpdElemts
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (1)
SpdElemts is a glorious beacon of lightSpdElemts is a glorious beacon of lightSpdElemts is a glorious beacon of lightSpdElemts is a glorious beacon of lightSpdElemts is a glorious beacon of lightSpdElemts is a glorious beacon of lightSpdElemts is a glorious beacon of lightSpdElemts is a glorious beacon of lightSpdElemts is a glorious beacon of lightSpdElemts is a glorious beacon of lightSpdElemts is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Hydrocarbon emissions too high need help tried everything.

Hi guys, I’m officially stuck. I got a ticket for illegal intake and I got everything back to stock and now I can’t pass smog at the state ref. My Hydrocarbon readings is too high (15Mph: max 118 Meas 163 25mph: max 83 Meas 123) other then that i am fine. Got a brand new cat and no change at all. Went back with brand new cap/rotor, spark plugs and wires, air filter, and some acetone in the gas tank and no change it actually got higher. I need help guys. Is there any way to lower my hydrocarbons at all? Or some way to make my car run really lean just to get it tested. I’ve made 4 trips to the state ref already and i am getting tired of this. So any help would be much appreciated.
BTW a friend suggested that I disconnect the vacuum hose to the Fuel Pressure Regulator and plug the hose up then go test my car. I doubt this but if anyone could explain to me why this might help then I might just go get it tested with the FPR disconnected from the vacuum hose.

Thanks, Jeff

-Jeff Wolfson
SpdElemts is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links