Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Off Topic Chat

Off Topic Chat All non related chat goes here.

Old 04-06-2009, 10:15 PM   #61
Z33dori
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (12)
Z33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by FaLKoN240 View Post

Yeah people are trippin asking more than $1,800 for a MX83 IMO. They're not THAT awesome, plus you still have to 5 speed swap them and crap.

This car is super budget build I got my car for a steal.
wow on auto trader the are a couple going for 3-5k it's ridiculous ...
Old 04-07-2009, 10:10 AM   #62
ericcastro
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (7)
ericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Send a message via MSN to ericcastro Send a message via Yahoo to ericcastro
Quote:
Originally Posted by WanganRunner View Post
Eh, 7MGTE goes into a 73 or 83 easily enough, and you can make a lot of power with a 7MGTE.

Getting suspension for an MX73 can be interesting, but the following has gotten big enough that it's a lot easier than it was a couple years ago.
But dont the head gaskets go after about 60K plus. Or you need to tighten them down again??
Thats always why i figured i would just engine swap right away, with a rebuild, and be done.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z33dori View Post
wow on auto trader the are a couple going for 3-5k it's ridiculous ...
yeah, usually i see them for 1500 and under here in LA.
ALOT of head gasket issues.
Some really clean ones pop up once in awhile.
ericcastro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 03:20 PM   #63
WanganRunner
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (1)
WanganRunner has a reputation beyond reputeWanganRunner has a reputation beyond reputeWanganRunner has a reputation beyond reputeWanganRunner has a reputation beyond reputeWanganRunner has a reputation beyond reputeWanganRunner has a reputation beyond reputeWanganRunner has a reputation beyond reputeWanganRunner has a reputation beyond reputeWanganRunner has a reputation beyond reputeWanganRunner has a reputation beyond reputeWanganRunner has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by ericcastro View Post
But dont the head gaskets go after about 60K plus. Or you need to tighten them down again??
Thats always why i figured i would just engine swap right away, with a rebuild, and be done
AFAIK the reason 7MGTE head gaskets go is because the bolts are under-tightened from the factory, which seems like it'd be easy enough to fix. A lot of people get metal HG's also.

I know a couple people that are running considerable boost on 7MGTEs and they haven't had any HG problems, they just tightened to 75ft/lb.

I'm far from an expert on 7Ms though.
WanganRunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 05:05 PM   #64
!Zar!
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (27)
!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
You're right.

The 7m was just undertorqued from the factory.

Tighten up the head and you're golden.
Old 04-07-2009, 08:06 PM   #65
dmragecm
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (6)
dmragecm is a glorious beacon of lightdmragecm is a glorious beacon of lightdmragecm is a glorious beacon of lightdmragecm is a glorious beacon of lightdmragecm is a glorious beacon of lightdmragecm is a glorious beacon of lightdmragecm is a glorious beacon of lightdmragecm is a glorious beacon of lightdmragecm is a glorious beacon of lightdmragecm is a glorious beacon of lightdmragecm is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Getting one this weekend
dmragecm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 10:08 PM   #66
turbo_dreams
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (9)
turbo_dreams is making a name for him/her selfturbo_dreams is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
This thread hits a big sensitive spot. After going through so much crap w/ my s13 i wanted an mx83 for a nice simple daily. So i found myself a MINT 91 cressida, original owner, 88k miles ! Had a bhg and the old suffolk county cop wanted $700...i trailored it home, $100 later on a hg and i had myself a mint cressida, for a week, until the worst motor on earth, the 7m developed rod knock. So i got myself a 2j and attempted to swap it in, got my mx90 mounts, aristo oil pan and threw it in, motor was in, all was well, and i was stuck on wiring. Did the best i could, got the car to crank but wouldnt start and through everything and anything i tried my best but godamnit it wouldnt start. Got pissed and sold that car for 1200 bux to this cressida whizz and he got it started and is now selling it for 2500. W/e, here's some pix

Was a great car to drive for the week that it drove, really comfy, not that horrible on gas, and just felt like a new stock car that was practical which i could trust taking a road trip in. But it was much harder to work on that car in comparison to my s13, made me appretiate my s13 alot more. But i do hope to get another one someday as a daily. Hope i dont fail that time around

www.tm-spl.com
Kouki's & some apple juice.
turbo_dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 07:15 PM   #67
sb253
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (0)
sb253 has much to be proud ofsb253 has much to be proud ofsb253 has much to be proud ofsb253 has much to be proud ofsb253 has much to be proud ofsb253 has much to be proud ofsb253 has much to be proud ofsb253 has much to be proud ofsb253 has much to be proud ofsb253 has much to be proud ofsb253 has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to sb253
heres a couple pics i took yesterday of my buddy's project that just rolled out of the garage.

Last edited by sb253; 04-12-2009 at 03:24 PM..
sb253 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 12:12 AM   #68
e1_griego
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (24)
e1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 24 reviews
As a followup to the vid I posted, Mark wanted me to share his build thread:

Project filthy... Too much camber? When keepin it real goes wrong. - JZXproject

"car is gonna get crazier too," he says.

e1_griego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 12:22 AM   #69
FaLKoN240
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: (73)
FaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 73 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by e1_griego View Post
As a followup to the vid I posted, Mark wanted me to share his build thread:

Project filthy... Too much camber? When keepin it real goes wrong. - JZXproject

"car is gonna get crazier too," he says.

I'm already up on dat.

Best way to do business with me? Make your best offer FIRST.
FaLKoN240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 02:21 AM   #70
ryojikaji

ryojikaji is an unknown quantity at this point
I never even come here but my brother (Mark Panic) said he saw my car here. I'm glad you guys like it, thanks! Here are some more recent pics:

And just in case you were wondering, It doesn't just look nice:

Good luck with your car man!

-Matt-Panic!
ryojikaji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2009, 02:39 PM   #71
Bubbles
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (2)
Bubbles is close to perfectionBubbles is close to perfectionBubbles is close to perfectionBubbles is close to perfectionBubbles is close to perfectionBubbles is close to perfectionBubbles is close to perfectionBubbles is close to perfectionBubbles is close to perfectionBubbles is close to perfectionBubbles is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by sb253 View Post
heres a couple pics i took yesterday of my buddy's project that just rolled out of the garage.

That's pretty nice, in an understated way.
Old 04-10-2009, 08:50 PM   #72
Sileighty_DRFT89
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (4)
Sileighty_DRFT89 is close to perfectionSileighty_DRFT89 is close to perfectionSileighty_DRFT89 is close to perfectionSileighty_DRFT89 is close to perfectionSileighty_DRFT89 is close to perfectionSileighty_DRFT89 is close to perfectionSileighty_DRFT89 is close to perfectionSileighty_DRFT89 is close to perfectionSileighty_DRFT89 is close to perfectionSileighty_DRFT89 is close to perfectionSileighty_DRFT89 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnJohn86 View Post

My old one, 5-speed, I shouldn't sell it.
I believe I own your car now

it has way better fitment now. but its too dark to take pictures

11:11 333
Sileighty_DRFT89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2009, 01:06 AM   #73
Masa
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (18)
Masa is on a distinguished road
Feedback Score: 18 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by sb253 View Post
classy, wheels specs?
Masa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2009, 11:23 AM   #74
FaLKoN240
Super Moderator

FaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sileighty_DRFT89 View Post
I believe I own your car now

it has way better fitment now. but its too dark to take pictures
You can see the license plates on the rear in that pic... Do they match? The sportmaxx's on your car look... better...

Old 04-11-2009, 02:06 PM   #75
Sileighty_DRFT89
Zilvia Addict

Sileighty_DRFT89 is close to perfectionSileighty_DRFT89 is close to perfectionSileighty_DRFT89 is close to perfectionSileighty_DRFT89 is close to perfectionSileighty_DRFT89 is close to perfectionSileighty_DRFT89 is close to perfectionSileighty_DRFT89 is close to perfectionSileighty_DRFT89 is close to perfectionSileighty_DRFT89 is close to perfectionSileighty_DRFT89 is close to perfectionSileighty_DRFT89 is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by FaLKoN240 View Post
You can see the license plates on the rear in that pic... Do they match? The sportmaxx's on your car look... better...
they match

the wheels are currently at 18x 9.5 +15 in front
and 18x9.5 +12 in the back
both have stretched 215/40R18

still gotta add more camber the rear to get the procise fitment.

any of you guys with mx's entered in toyota fest??

Old 04-21-2009, 03:23 PM   #76
chokudoriS13
Zilvia FREAK!

chokudoriS13 is making a name for him/her selfchokudoriS13 is making a name for him/her self
Send a message via AIM to chokudoriS13
Guess I'll bump this thread with my Cressida pics. I'm going back and forth between selling it and dropping an LS1 into it

Old 04-21-2009, 04:43 PM   #77
ZilviaKid
Zilvia FREAK!

ZilviaKid is a jewel in the roughZilviaKid is a jewel in the roughZilviaKid is a jewel in the roughZilviaKid is a jewel in the roughZilviaKid is a jewel in the roughZilviaKid is a jewel in the roughZilviaKid is a jewel in the rough
oh wtf, more pictures!
Old 04-21-2009, 05:19 PM   #78
SexPanda
Post Whore!

SexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to SexPanda Send a message via MSN to SexPanda
LS1 Cressida FTMFW!!!

But the LS1 goes in just about anything with a rear dif... BMW, Mercedes, Honda (LS1 S2000 FTW) Nissan... Dodge, Ford... Yeaaaahhhh.
SexPanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2009, 02:08 PM   #79
sb253
Zilvia Member

sb253 has much to be proud ofsb253 has much to be proud ofsb253 has much to be proud ofsb253 has much to be proud ofsb253 has much to be proud ofsb253 has much to be proud ofsb253 has much to be proud ofsb253 has much to be proud ofsb253 has much to be proud ofsb253 has much to be proud ofsb253 has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to sb253
cool, my pics are back up. Lets see more x8s!
sb253 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2009, 08:56 PM   #80
JohnJohn86
Zilvia Junkie

JohnJohn86 has a spectacular aura aboutJohnJohn86 has a spectacular aura aboutJohnJohn86 has a spectacular aura aboutJohnJohn86 has a spectacular aura aboutJohnJohn86 has a spectacular aura aboutJohnJohn86 has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sileighty_DRFT89 View Post
they match

the wheels are currently at 18x 9.5 +15 in front
and 18x9.5 +12 in the back
both have stretched 215/40R18

still gotta add more camber the rear to get the procise fitment.

any of you guys with mx's entered in toyota fest??
I also wonder who own my car now. Hey, let me know if u wanna sell it back to me. I am starting to miss it.
JohnJohn86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 05:33 PM   #81
FaLKoN240
Super Moderator

I got my "new" Cressida last night.

Washed it, changed the steering set up and put my crystal knob on.

Pics will be taken after first claybar, and when I get a rear bumper on it

Needs-

Lower shift bushing

New inner/outer tie rods

Brake pads (and a good bleeding)

Alignment

Rack bushings

AC recharge and belt

Radio

Shifter bezel (have to make a custom one )

Old 05-12-2009, 05:31 PM   #82
shinda_shima
Zilvia Member

shinda_shima has a spectacular aura aboutshinda_shima has a spectacular aura aboutshinda_shima has a spectacular aura aboutshinda_shima has a spectacular aura aboutshinda_shima has a spectacular aura aboutshinda_shima has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to shinda_shima
My friend's Cressy:

Old 05-12-2009, 10:06 PM   #83
turboeic
Zilvia Junkie

turboeic has a reputation beyond reputeturboeic has a reputation beyond reputeturboeic has a reputation beyond reputeturboeic has a reputation beyond reputeturboeic has a reputation beyond reputeturboeic has a reputation beyond reputeturboeic has a reputation beyond reputeturboeic has a reputation beyond reputeturboeic has a reputation beyond reputeturboeic has a reputation beyond reputeturboeic has a reputation beyond repute
Even Mel Gibson likes Cressida's
turboeic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2009, 10:29 PM   #84
S14Josh
Zilvia Junkie

S14Josh has a reputation beyond reputeS14Josh has a reputation beyond reputeS14Josh has a reputation beyond reputeS14Josh has a reputation beyond reputeS14Josh has a reputation beyond reputeS14Josh has a reputation beyond reputeS14Josh has a reputation beyond reputeS14Josh has a reputation beyond reputeS14Josh has a reputation beyond reputeS14Josh has a reputation beyond reputeS14Josh has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to S14Josh

THE best cressida....

ever.

belongs to this dude Keoni in Hawaii
Old 05-13-2009, 01:32 AM   #85
Bubbles
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (2)
Bubbles is close to perfectionBubbles is close to perfectionBubbles is close to perfectionBubbles is close to perfectionBubbles is close to perfectionBubbles is close to perfectionBubbles is close to perfectionBubbles is close to perfectionBubbles is close to perfectionBubbles is close to perfectionBubbles is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Shit.

That's pretty.
Old 05-13-2009, 02:06 AM   #86
Vision Garage
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (9)
Vision Garage is close to perfectionVision Garage is close to perfectionVision Garage is close to perfectionVision Garage is close to perfectionVision Garage is close to perfectionVision Garage is close to perfectionVision Garage is close to perfectionVision Garage is close to perfectionVision Garage is close to perfectionVision Garage is close to perfectionVision Garage is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Vision Garage
Man I was driving cressidas before they even became cool! Shit got stolen every other week. (key cylinders were bad) MEXICANS love to joy ride it. Left them a message to fill up the gas and repark the car and everything was koo again!

Vision Garage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2009, 03:35 AM   #87
Taniguchi_Is_#1
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
Taniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfectionTaniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfectionTaniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfectionTaniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfectionTaniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfectionTaniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfectionTaniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfectionTaniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfectionTaniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfectionTaniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfectionTaniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by S14Josh View Post
THE best cressida....

ever.

belongs to this dude Keoni in Hawaii
i'd hit it, but i think he needs some markII front in his life. props.
Taniguchi_Is_#1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2009, 10:44 PM   #88
FaLKoN240
Super Moderator

It's only going to get better.

I'm getting a custom shorty bumper and R33 wheels eventually.

Car is on S13 custom made stance with R154 5 speed swap.

I recently cleaned the crap out of the interior

Installed HIDs and put a new Alpine deck in it.

Old 05-15-2009, 11:47 PM   #89
Sileighty_DRFT89
Zilvia Addict

I just sold mine too my friend.

oh do I miss it

Old 05-16-2009, 11:42 AM   #90
!Zar!
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (27)
!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
Did Falkon capture a lunar eclipse right as it was happening past his car?!