Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk > Engine Tech

Engine Tech Technical discussion related to all relevant engines such as KA, SR, RB, CA, 2JZ , L24/26/28, VG, VQ, and LSx series.

Old 05-18-2017, 08:20 AM   #1
hanzbrady
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (4)
hanzbrady has a spectacular aura abouthanzbrady has a spectacular aura abouthanzbrady has a spectacular aura abouthanzbrady has a spectacular aura abouthanzbrady has a spectacular aura abouthanzbrady has a spectacular aura about
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
The Standalone Tuning Thread

Hey guys,

I know that not a ton of the Zilvia community actually runs standalone ECU's but I figure that having a place to properly discuss them wouldn't hurt.

As someone who's currently fumbling his way through learning to tune a standalone and being aggravated by the fact that engine specific information can be hard to come by I found myself wishing this thread existed.

So in this thread people should ask questions they may have or share tips that they have discovered while tuning their SR's. Also stating your engine and ECU set-up briefly wouldn't hurt.

My personal set up is as follows,

S13 SR20det
Forged internals
Tomei 270's
Ported head
Gt2871r
1000cc injectors

Being controlled by,

Megasquirt plug and play with a Racepak set-up

Personally one of the biggest issues I'm fighting is idle tuning. To get the car to steady idle I have to crank the IACV duty way up and also throw 20-22* of timing at it. My idle speed goal is 950-1100 RPM. Does anyone have any tips on how to stabilize my idle and possibly pull some timing out?

Also before I get flamed for tuning my car myself, there are no shops in central FL that dyno tune Megasquirt. Once I have the idle smoothed out and consistent I'll be throwing the car on the dyno to properly tune my fuel and timing tables.
Old 05-18-2017, 08:51 AM   #2
RB25GUY
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (9)
RB25GUY is a name known to allRB25GUY is a name known to allRB25GUY is a name known to allRB25GUY is a name known to allRB25GUY is a name known to allRB25GUY is a name known to allRB25GUY is a name known to allRB25GUY is a name known to allRB25GUY is a name known to allRB25GUY is a name known to allRB25GUY is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
ALCHEMY TUNING is near tampa they dont deal with MS??
RB25GUY is offline   Reply With Quote