Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk > Z Chassis

Z Chassis Technical discussion related to the Z Chassis such as the S30, S310, Z31, Z32, Z33 and Z34.

Old 10-08-2015, 07:35 PM   #1
rbpwrd240
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (19)
rbpwrd240 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
JDM Z32 Brake Rotor Sizes

I was looking at the JDM Dixcel Heat treated and slit Brake Rotors for my Z32 brake swap on my S14. Problem is I dont know what the sizes are for the JDM Z32's. are they the same as the USDM N/A Z32's?

Here is USDM front brake rotor specs
1990 Z32 280x26mm
1991 and up Z32 280x30mm
I currently have the 26mm version and I need to know what year JDM Z32 rotors to order.

Does anyone know if they used the same specs in Japan? Were the years different? I would think over there they would just use the same rotors for all years and we would end up with the mix match stuff.

Thanks in advance,

Last edited by rbpwrd240; 10-08-2015 at 08:33 PM..
rbpwrd240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-10-2015, 10:14 AM   #2
bardabe
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (10)
bardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Send a message via AIM to bardabe
Rotors in Japan and USA are the same part number. have at it.

Review Thread
bardabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2015, 11:00 AM   #3
rbpwrd240
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bardabe View Post
Rotors in Japan and USA are the same part number. have at it.
Im not sure you understand my predicament.

I'm not ordering oe rotors so there is no known part number at this time for dixel 280mm x 26mm rotors that i have confirmed. Also dixel doesnt make rotors for sale in the US market. Atleast not the ones I want.

Here is some links to the YAJ auctions.
Front http://page15.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/j...ion/t448710910
Rear http://page3.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/c529553627

Also the exact years that used the 26mm rotor and caliper could vary from market to market. For instance in the usdm market the 300zx only had 26mm rotors for part of 1989 and 1990. After that they used a 30mm rotor and caliper. The calipers came in two varieties, iron and aluminum.

Its possible that in Japan they used only one rotor size or possibly more. I need to find out for sure and what years the used those sizes so I know what year to order.

Also I noticed that there are other 280mm x 26mm rotors for things like the R32 GT-S but they all used a single pot caliper . Does anyone know if I can use a r32 gts rotor that was intended for a single pot caliper on a four pot caliper?

Thanks,
Old 10-13-2015, 12:59 AM   #4
G-E@Z31P
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
G-E@Z31P is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
1989 300ZR should have also used them... but either way any parts supply place should have an OEM number cross-ref of some kind, so the previous advice is valid
Old 10-13-2015, 04:09 AM   #5
Sileighty_85
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (8)
Sileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
disregard didn't read everything
1986 SR86 - 200ish
1990 R32 GTR - 320hp
Don't Buy Engines from JDM-Online http://zilvia.net/f/businesses/207457-jdm-online.html
Don't Buy XS-Power or SSAC Shit
Sileighty_85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2015, 06:17 AM   #6
rbpwrd240
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-E@Z31P View Post
1989 300ZR should have also used them... but either way any parts supply place should have an OEM number cross-ref of some kind, so the previous advice is valid
A cross reference sure but it would be for the size they had in jdm land not necessarily what we used here. Its possible they didn't use 26mm rotors at all for the z32 in Japan. That would mean no OE part number and no cross reference under z32 that would fit my application. I'm having jesse streeter look into this for me also. I'm just trying to gather my own info too so I can be sure I'm getting the right parts as YAJ doesn't do returns. lol
Old 10-13-2015, 07:40 PM   #7
Sileighty_85
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (8)
Sileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
According to http://importnut.net/300zxbrakeswap.htm#partnumber

If you have the 26mm calipers, according to my Japanese Nissan FAST System the P/N 41001-30P00 / 41011-30P00 (N/A Aluminum 26mm) were 7/89-08/91 Z32's VG30D here in Japan.
1986 SR86 - 200ish
1990 R32 GTR - 320hp
Don't Buy Engines from JDM-Online http://zilvia.net/f/businesses/207457-jdm-online.html
Don't Buy XS-Power or SSAC Shit
Sileighty_85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2015, 08:44 PM   #8
rbpwrd240
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sileighty_85 View Post
According to http://importnut.net/300zxbrakeswap.htm#partnumber

If you have the 26mm calipers, according to my Japanese Nissan FAST System the P/N 41001-30P00 / 41011-30P00 (N/A Aluminum 26mm) were 7/89-08/91 Z32's VG30D here in Japan.
Thanks a bunch I appreciate it. VG30D Hugh? Is that a single over head cam motor?

The auctions I linked state that the rotors are for 7/1989 to 10/1994 Its a bit over the range you gave me but I imagine maybe that's due to a redesign around that time that would have maybe separated the two cars but they share the same rotor.

And as for this nissan fast system is it a way to generate and look up part numbers etc? If so how do I get a hold of one or a copy of the software etc?

Thanks again,
Alex R.
Old 10-14-2015, 11:45 AM   #9
rbpwrd240
Zilvia FREAK!

Streeter got back with me today looks like I'm good to go. He got the correct specs confirmed from Dixel Japan. Looks like Ill have me some nice heat treated high carbon rust resistant rotors.
Old 10-14-2015, 12:11 PM   #10
BossHogg
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (16)
BossHogg is just really niceBossHogg is just really niceBossHogg is just really niceBossHogg is just really niceBossHogg is just really niceBossHogg is just really niceBossHogg is just really niceBossHogg is just really nice
Feedback Score: 16 reviews
you could just use the dixcel website, they show all the specs for japan cars. I to just ordered all new dixcel rotors and pads for my GTR. I went with the FP rotors and extra speed (ES) pads just to see how they are. They are pretty damn cheap as far as pads go and I have heard pretty good things about them. The M and Z pads are bit more aggressive but also way more expensive. If the ES pads suck, I'll go up to the M pads.

Also a VG30D would be dual over head cam....that is what the D (Dual) stands for.
Old 10-14-2015, 01:51 PM   #11
rbpwrd240
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BossHogg View Post
you could just use the dixcel website, they show all the specs for japan cars. I to just ordered all new dixcel rotors and pads for my GTR. I went with the FP rotors and extra speed (ES) pads just to see how they are. They are pretty damn cheap as far as pads go and I have heard pretty good things about them. The M and Z pads are bit more aggressive but also way more expensive. If the ES pads suck, I'll go up to the M pads.

Also a VG30D would be dual over head cam....that is what the D (Dual) stands for.
Dugh? Makes sens so then whats the E the next version?

I did look at the website for specs but they don't have them posted for the Z32. The link just goes to a blank page guess they haven't updated that one with specs yet. Common give me some credit. lol

I'm going with Project U HC+ Pads. They might be a bit aggressive on the street but great at the track even on a semi slick or possibly even a full slick if I ever go to that point. I wondered about Dixel Pads I had read in some Euro Forums that Dixel sells brake kits with pads and rotors and folks seemed to really like them. Let me know what you think about your pads.
Old 10-14-2015, 07:20 PM   #12
BossHogg
Zilvia Addict

BossHogg is just really niceBossHogg is just really niceBossHogg is just really niceBossHogg is just really niceBossHogg is just really niceBossHogg is just really niceBossHogg is just really niceBossHogg is just really nice
E is for electronic fuel injection. T is for turbo TT is for twin turbo RB,KA,VG,SR is just engine series, The numbers are liters of displacement (2.0,2.4,2.5,2.6,3.0, etc)

I thought about going with Z series pads right away, but from what I read they have a significant initial bite, which means you have to be very light on the pedal. The ES and M seem to be more for spirited driving etc. The M slightly more aggressive than the ES. But yea, Dixcel was partnered with AP racing for all of their research etc. Dixcel two piece rotors are pretty much some of the best in the business.
Old 10-14-2015, 11:49 PM   #13
rbpwrd240
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BossHogg View Post
E is for electronic fuel injection. T is for turbo TT is for twin turbo RB,KA,VG,SR is just engine series, The numbers are liters of displacement (2.0,2.4,2.5,2.6,3.0, etc)

I thought about going with Z series pads right away, but from what I read they have a significant initial bite, which means you have to be very light on the pedal. The ES and M seem to be more for spirited driving etc. The M slightly more aggressive than the ES. But yea, Dixcel was partnered with AP racing for all of their research etc. Dixcel two piece rotors are pretty much some of the best in the business.
Good info. Like most folks around here I had never heard of them but after seeing them plastered all over yaj it made me curious after some research they looked bad ass and their theory's seemed solid. Got a price quote today. $500 shipped slow boat 6-9 months or $600 shipped for 3-6 days EMS.

Now I know this sounds silly and I realize they (brake rotors) are supposed to be mounted with reverse rotation on the slits for best performance but I think it might look so bitching going the other way I almost want to try it with the slits facing forward....
Old 10-16-2015, 10:59 PM   #14
BossHogg
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbpwrd240 View Post
Good info. Like most folks around here I had never heard of them but after seeing them plastered all over yaj it made me curious after some research they looked bad ass and their theory's seemed solid. Got a price quote today. $500 shipped slow boat 6-9 months or $600 shipped for 3-6 days EMS.

Now I know this sounds silly and I realize they (brake rotors) are supposed to be mounted with reverse rotation on the slits for best performance but I think it might look so bitching going the other way I almost want to try it with the slits facing forward....
forward facing slits has more performance, but eats the pads faster. Just go reverse. But yes, I have always thought forward looks more bad ass myself.