Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk > S Chassis

S Chassis Technical discussion related to the S Chassis such as the S12, S13, S14, and S15.

Old 11-11-2012, 04:12 PM   #1
nicks13chandler

Trader Rating: (0)
nicks13chandler is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Exclamation alot of air blows out when burping coolant!

so i just got my ka24de s13 on the road yesterday after swapping a motor in it. i did a thermostat and temp sensor because the sensor wasnt reading right. so i drained the coolant, filled it up and went to burp it. it was looking good until my car got to operating temperature and a lot of air started coming out of the radiator (burper). ive done alot of coolant flushes before and never had this happen. im leaning towards a head gasket as the problem but im new to 240's and dont know if theres anything else it could be. (lines not ran right, vacuum lines?, etc..) i also didnt know it had a bleeder valve for the coolant so that never let the air bubbles out. any help would be greatly appreciated, thank you.
nicks13chandler is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-11-2012, 05:17 PM   #2
feito
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (1)
feito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymore
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
are u saying u didnt remove the coolant bleeder screw when u filled up the system? The one on the intake manifold, right on top of the coolant outlet pipe, little 10mm bolt. Besides removing the bleeder, ka's can be tricky to bleed the coolant system. Sometimes i have had to let it overheat just a little and then let it cool down to top it off again. gl
feito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 08:57 AM   #3
project-c2
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (4)
project-c2 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Use the bleeder bolt. Quite a bit of air gets trapped in the head.
project-c2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 09:01 AM   #4
jesse_s13
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (5)
jesse_s13 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Open the bleeder valve and jack up the front of your car. A lot of air gets trapped in these cars. Takes time.
Old 11-13-2012, 12:40 PM   #5
racepar1
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (106)
racepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 106 reviews
Agreed, IF you didn't bleed it properly that could definitely be an issue. If you DID bleed it then I would almost certainly say the headgasket. Bubbling through the radiator when the car is running is a CLASSIC sign.
racepar1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 02:03 PM   #6
j20accord00
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (4)
j20accord00 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Send a message via AIM to j20accord00
just had to redo mine last night..mine went up to 214* on the last burp and now hangs out around 183*

make sure you got the heat on to run the air out of the heater core as it tends to get trapped in there. also I remove that bleeder bolt entirely and fill the rad till it overflows from both the filler on top of the rad and the bleeder bolt so that way there is no chance of air being left in there.

As mentioned before it can be a bit tricky to remove all air sometimes but it just takes a couple times and you'll be good to go
Old 11-17-2012, 07:48 PM   #7
nicks13chandler

Trader Rating: (0)
nicks13chandler is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Thumbs up

alright thanks alot
nicks13chandler is offline   Reply With Quote