Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat > Builds (and builds only)

Builds (and builds only) Got a build thread? It goes here, build threads anywhere else on the forum will be locked and never moved.

Old 03-03-2016, 02:57 PM   #121
1Day
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (1)
1Day is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by SR2oD3T View Post
week # 18

pretty efficient this week as i finally got two full working days on it without getting interrupted by rain. lets get down to business...

lets start with some parts that i finally received. spacers from fueled racing i've been waiting for to let the engine sit in a better position. i was expecting a better looking spacer but whatever..

Did you just double up two 1/8" spacers on each motor mount to slim the engine up a 1/4"?
1Day is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-03-2016, 04:23 PM   #122
Heywood Jablomie
Leaky Injector

Heywood Jablomie is an unknown quantity at this point
Sounds like a ground issue, check that you have sufficient grounding on the battery end as well. You can also check the starter by just jumping it directly with battery power.
Heywood Jablomie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2016, 04:32 PM   #123
SR2oD3T
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (6)
SR2oD3T is making a name for him/her selfSR2oD3T is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Send a message via MSN to SR2oD3T
random weeks after my vacation #1

didn't do anything for the past month cus i went vacation and a good friend came visit right after. i was still doing some research and looking for parts to complete this project while on vacation. lets start with some unrelated pictures.

my friend borrow me his G wagon while i was in town. it was fun to drive a big turbo diesel car in a small town. i could never imagine myself buying one tho.

after i came back, i borrowed one of my car to my friend and went for a short run. its rare to take both of my cars out.

alright enough BS. lets get back to the topic. after a long rest on the project, i got back to business. all body parts back on. tighten up all suspension arms, finally its back on the ground.

starting issue was getting better after i install extra ground wire.

first issue on the ground was clutch wasnt disengaging complete. i could barely shift into gear. problem fixed with small adjustment on master cylinder.

finally it can move by itself. and my non working reserve light is back on now. excellent wiring harness from wiring specialties.

slowly coming out from the side yard.

now back on the driveway doing final check up and putting extra ground wire before it goes to body shop.

my master piece.

now hes in the body shop getting some treatment done on the quarter panel.

i didn't drive it much cus its pretty loud with open header. but it feels pretty smooth and solid. clutch feels good. starts much better with extra ground wire. cant wait to put an exhaust on it and start driving it. more excited work on this project coming soon!!

Last edited by SR2oD3T; 03-14-2018 at 02:35 PM..
SR2oD3T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2016, 11:15 PM   #124
Malik
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (0)
Malik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
came together nicely, congrats
Malik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2016, 08:39 PM   #125
Cnoevo22
Leaky Injector

Cnoevo22 is an unknown quantity at this point
This has been a fun thread to read. You are doing some amazing work. Keep it up

Sent from my D6708 using Tapatalk
Cnoevo22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2016, 10:32 AM   #126
SR2oD3T
Zilvia Member

SR2oD3T is making a name for him/her selfSR2oD3T is making a name for him/her self
thanks guys. it was a great achievement for me. more excited update to come.
Old 04-22-2016, 01:15 PM   #127
wsmiteh
Leaky Injector

wsmiteh is an unknown quantity at this point
Really enjoyed reading though this. Awesome work, especially because this seemed like a somewhat attainable build for a lot of people in the way that you did a ton of this stuff by yourself! Looking forward to more.
wsmiteh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2016, 07:10 AM   #128
BoostyMcZface
Zilvia Member

BoostyMcZface is an unknown quantity at this point
Really glad I found this thread. I'm going with the fueled performance kit too, just doing LS3 and T56 magnum. Same wiring setup and everything. Glad you had good customer service too. I don't think I'm going to do my own tubs since I'm not drifting but I do like how they made so much extra room for running the wiring and stuff. Interested to see how you like the PBM pros, I thought about getting them but figured they're more geared to drifting. You could always get your headers professionally coated and wrap them with header wrap too to really keep heat out of the bay.

I'm overseas and can't start my project til late this year but it's awesome to see someone doing almost the same thing I want to, yours is so so well done too. Looking forward to updates
BoostyMcZface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2016, 03:04 PM   #129
SR2oD3T
Zilvia Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wsmiteh View Post
Really enjoyed reading though this. Awesome work, especially because this seemed like a somewhat attainable build for a lot of people in the way that you did a ton of this stuff by yourself! Looking forward to more.

thx man. im not a pro, but I do have time and patient. its all about research, buying the right tools and parts and no short cut.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoostyMcZface View Post
Really glad I found this thread. I'm going with the fueled performance kit too, just doing LS3 and T56 magnum. Same wiring setup and everything. Glad you had good customer service too. I don't think I'm going to do my own tubs since I'm not drifting but I do like how they made so much extra room for running the wiring and stuff. Interested to see how you like the PBM pros, I thought about getting them but figured they're more geared to drifting. You could always get your headers professionally coated and wrap them with header wrap too to really keep heat out of the bay.

I'm overseas and can't start my project til late this year but it's awesome to see someone doing almost the same thing I want to, yours is so so well done too. Looking forward to updates

I was thinking to do a LS3 as well. but my skill level is not there for all the wiring mods. WS haven't made any PNP harness for that yet so I rather start with a simple LS swap for now. ideally will be LS3 with tr6060 from a newer Camaro drop out with the updated 6 speed. just most people stick with T56 for whatever reason.

engine bay heat is gonna be something I gotta tackle down right after. the design of my s15 front end doesn't allow much cool air to go in and out. this project just never ends....
Old 04-26-2016, 09:07 AM   #130
BoostyMcZface
Zilvia Member

BoostyMcZface is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by SR2oD3T View Post
thx man. im not a pro, but I do have time and patient. its all about research, buying the right tools and parts and no short cut.

I was thinking to do a LS3 as well. but my skill level is not there for all the wiring mods. WS haven't made any PNP harness for that yet so I rather start with a simple LS swap for now. ideally will be LS3 with tr6060 from a newer Camaro drop out with the updated 6 speed. just most people stick with T56 for whatever reason.

engine bay heat is gonna be something I gotta tackle down right after. the design of my s15 front end doesn't allow much cool air to go in and out. this project just never ends....
Yeah, I'm not that great at wiring either. I'm trying to learn though.. but WS is working on a drive by wire harness that'll work with the LS3. They said they're looking to finish it up by the end of the year. I'd rather not try to tackle it myself, lol

Yeah the tr6060/t56 Magnum is a much better option, I think t56 is rated to 450wtq and the Magnum is 700wtq.

you could probably just use a vented hood, and a twin fan setup that kicks on at 205 or so. I don't remember if you're running a single fan. but i'll be coating everything I can and wrapping everything in exhaust tape as well, plus running an oil cooler. I've got the OEM kouki bumper and I'm worried about heat too. the car has a horrible carbon fiber vented hood on it but if it works, i'll just get one that actually fits better and run it that way. Interested to see how the gold reflective tape works too, I hear it works great
BoostyMcZface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2016, 11:14 AM   #131
1993fdrx7
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (32)
1993fdrx7 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 32 reviews
Hey man where did you find that lunchbox?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
1993fdrx7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2016, 02:00 PM   #132
SR2oD3T
Zilvia Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1993fdrx7 View Post
Hey man where did you find that lunchbox?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lol. u can get it from any dollar store. its free style.

its interesting that lunch box fuse box caught some attention here.

major update coming soon.....
Old 07-09-2016, 02:47 PM   #133
SR2oD3T
Zilvia Member

i know this build thread is long over due. I aint abandoning this build thread. just that the car has been at the body shop, was told it takes about 2 weeks, ending up took 3 months and i cant do anything about it. many parts are collecting dust waiting to put on the car.

after body shop:

i requested straighten up the rear quarter panel smooth out the whole car. don't even need them to paint. finally got a call after 3 months of waiting. took a quick look at it and went on the flat bed. overall, i wasn't happy. body work can be better. and my car is full of bird shit...

its finally home. its so dirty then i didn't even know where to start.

after taking some time to inspect the whole car. clean up all dusty engine bay. i went straight to business. all front end panels taken out for wash and ready for next project.

here we go..

while im build this pretty expensive project, i started to pick up another pricy hobby i left off 15 years ago. its amazing now how the RC world have been up to these days. modifying this is like modifying a real car. control arms for more steering angle, alignment set up, suspension and more.....

the other week i was trying to finish the front end. installing the corvett engine cover on it after cleaning the bay.

this looks like 50hp just added!! my opinion, this swap wont be complete without this. it gives the jaw dropping reacting when popping the hood.

it might look easy in picture, but it take a good couple of hours on each panel to make it look good. good the the 3M vinyl is pretty forgiving.

underneath wrap takes a lot of time and patient as well.

when i was about to put the hood back, i just cant stand the fog up headlight. gotta do some polishing before taking some pictures to show off the front end...

MUCH better..

took so much time and effort. but the out come is unbelievable.

brand new badge on.

last picture before it goes under the car cover and wait for next week.

that's it for the update. coming schedule is super tight for me to spend time finishing this. the good news the car is back in my good hands. hopefully i can make up my mind quick on the exhaust so i can officially put it back on the road. until then...

Last edited by SR2oD3T; 03-14-2018 at 02:42 PM..
Old 07-09-2016, 03:12 PM   #134
Counteract
Leaky Injector

Counteract is an unknown quantity at this point
Good update, but did you apply that vinyl straight over bare primer? If so, I'm surprised it even adhered to start with. I would be concerned about how long it will stick to primer for before falling off.
Counteract is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2016, 03:19 PM   #135
SR2oD3T
Zilvia Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Counteract View Post
Good update, but did you apply that vinyl straight over bare primer? If so, I'm surprised it even adhered to start with. I would be concerned about how long it will stick to primer for before falling off.

i sand down the entire panel including the back edges with around 150 grid. done that before, it shouldn't be a problem.
Old 02-15-2017, 04:08 PM   #136
Initial Drift
Premium Member

Initial Drift has disabled reputation
Oh man its been a while since the last update. Hope to see more progress soon!
Initial Drift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2017, 08:34 AM   #137
CHiNo4ReaL
Leaky Injector

CHiNo4ReaL has a spectacular aura aboutCHiNo4ReaL has a spectacular aura aboutCHiNo4ReaL has a spectacular aura aboutCHiNo4ReaL has a spectacular aura aboutCHiNo4ReaL has a spectacular aura aboutCHiNo4ReaL has a spectacular aura about
Wow love your project!
The fuse-box on that place is also a great idea, think that i'm gonna try the same for my project.
CHiNo4ReaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2017, 11:36 AM   #138
Juantwo3
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (20)
Juantwo3 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 20 reviews
youre attention to detail is great! good job.
Old 04-08-2017, 03:10 PM   #139
sonicwookiee

sonicwookiee is an unknown quantity at this point
What a phenomenal project you've got going. I'm only in the beginning stages of my swap project, but you've given me a lot of ideas!

Keep up the great work, man. I'm looking forward to the next update.
sonicwookiee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2017, 03:23 PM   #140
SR2oD3T
Zilvia Member

UPDATE!

I did not give up on this build. for the past 8 months, i moved out from my parents, switched job, settled, bought my first home, move again and settle. finally got my own place and garage. took my car back from my parent's house to my own garage so i can continue my master piece. I'm looking to attend some drift event this summer so i gotta get my hands on it every week like i used to. hopefully i can get it ready in a month or so. let's get to the update i had for the past couple months.

i kept changing my mind for the exhaust choices. from a standard ISIS modify to y-pipe, E46 quad exhaust muffler to finally decided to go with full custom true dual. told it to Track spec auto sport in fremont. super clean shop and looking at what other cars they are working on, don't think things can go wrong.

Lotus, Ferrari, NSX, M cars, Evo.... 240sx?!?!

Jon, co owner and master tech, was extremely professional. constantly gave me updates even on sunday when he's off. did not discriminate my 240sx at all. and the welding was super clean. i went with dual resonators to magaflow muffler in the center, then dual tip on the factory location to retain somewhat factory look.

those are BMW E46 dual titanium tip. yes i have all four and just using two. and they aint cheap. but it looks exactly the way i want it.

fast forward to 2017, nothing much was done to the car but life changes quite a bit. finally bought my own house and have my own place for my project.

one of the first thing i done to my new house was epoxy flooring. I'm gonna spend more on it cus its not just a garage. its gonna be my man cave. custom cabinet, upgrade tool box, AC... more to come.

if you've been following my build thread, you will see my 2 other cars. E92 and S2000. both were sold and gone.

sold two of my babes and combine them to this bad boy. took me 5 months to get this from the day i order. well worth the wait.
this was taken when the day it arrived the lot after travelling half the world. my first brand new car.

for a short period of time, i have 2 M3s in the garage and it looks crazy. just haven't found the right buyer yet.

i ending putting it back to stock and this is the final picture i had before i say go bye to it at the bank.

sorry for the off topic. after everything kinda settled in my new place, im back to my project. continue wrapping the rest of the car.

to do a complete job, i pulled all trim like a profession paint shop will do. also took out all un necessary sound system wiring inside the door.

remember my boy Rambo at the beginning of this build 2 years ago? not a puppy anymore.

the doors were pretty easy once i pulled all the trims, handle and fender.

the driver side mirror looks ok in here but im gonna re do it cus i did this in 2 piece and it doesn't look good on the side. the passenger side was done perfectly with one piece.

done with the doors, handles, mirrors and everything back together.

this is how my garage look like currently. it puts a smile on my face every time i came back home and open the garage door.

this is where im at now. coming up will be finishing the quarter panels and roof. will consult some windshield place to replace all my all seal. once full wrap is completed, will wire up the stock s14 cluster so i can put the dash back on. then alignment. then road test. then i don't no.
im just gonna continue working on it.

thank you so much for the ones been following this build and all the kind words. i was reading one of the craziest LS build with corvette transaxle build that got abandoned. pretty disappointed as i was following that build while doing mines. i'll make sure this build wont die.

Last edited by SR2oD3T; 03-14-2018 at 02:50 PM..
Old 05-14-2017, 09:55 PM   #141
Standard
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (11)
Standard has much to be proud ofStandard has much to be proud ofStandard has much to be proud ofStandard has much to be proud ofStandard has much to be proud ofStandard has much to be proud ofStandard has much to be proud ofStandard has much to be proud ofStandard has much to be proud ofStandard has much to be proud ofStandard has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
Nice update!! I remember reading this thread, in for more!!
Standard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2017, 07:21 AM   #142
2muchboost
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (33)
2muchboost is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 33 reviews
Congrats on the house and new job AND a bad ass new car. Nice progress with the 240sx. Glad to hear that you are still keeping up with it though you have new toys to play with. Keep up the good work dude!
2muchboost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2017, 07:56 AM   #143
BryanS14
Leaky Injector

BryanS14 is an unknown quantity at this point
Love the 240. Just drove my friends 17 M3 6sp with competition package. Great car.
Old 05-15-2017, 08:57 AM   #144
ka-titties
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (11)
ka-titties is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
I'm happy to see you're still in it!
ka-titties is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2017, 11:19 AM   #145
-kenny-
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (2)
-kenny- is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
bad ass build. wouldn't mind the m sedan dailying
-kenny- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2018, 07:03 PM   #146
SR2oD3T
Zilvia Member

freaking photobucket F up most people's built thread including mines. good that I organized my pictures pretty well. still it takes forever to upload and edit all the pictures in the right place. good thing is Imgur load faster than PB.
some update coming soon but I need to fix all the pictures first....
Old 03-14-2018, 08:05 PM   #147
SR2oD3T
Zilvia Member

2017 update part 2

Took me a long while to fix all the pictures in this threadbut I’m glad that its done so I can continue on this build thread. Cant reallydo a weekly update anymore but I’ll do some quick summary on the 2nd half of 2017.

Finishing off the wrap on Q panel, trunk etc…

There’s no way that I can wrap the roof and both Q panels inone piece so I did a cut line near the rear of the roof.

Trimming the edges.

Bought some more expensive tools. I always wanted one ofthis so I don’t have to turn on the noise compressor for just taking out one wheel.

Upgrading the tool box I’ve been using for about 10 years. Ialways wanted a snap on box but it will be 10 times the cost of this. I m very happy with the new box.

The reason why this thread will slow down in update.

I also went off focus on re modeling my garage/man cave.

Finished all wall with new paint, installed all cabinet, 9 showroom style recessed lights.

I don’t even have AC for my house but I installed a split AC in my garage with heat. Working on any project in here during summer time is enjoyable now.

As the baby is coming soon. We added another new ride to my family. It’s the new X3 M40i. this thing is as quick as my M3. Mommy need for speed.

I’ll stop here for 2017. Things are settle down after 1 year of moving in to my new house. The project has been sitting under the car cover for the most time this year. I’ll have more update for 2018 as I haven’t been drifting since I started this project almost 3 years ago. Some quick update for2018 is coming soon.
Old 03-16-2018, 03:13 PM   #148
SR2oD3T
Zilvia Member

2018 update 1

I m planning to have more frequent update on 2018 as things are more settled. also I m way over due for a drift event so this project needs to be running.

i'll start of the 2018 update with this sweet lady who came to my life. my future drift buddy.

during my 3 weeks off from work, I started off replacing the starter to XS power. long story short, I had a bad starter since the first start up thinking I have wiring problem or bad ground. put this in, fired right up strong every single time.

I started to put back half the interior back and clean up some sound system wiring.

now to the part that I never looked forward to in this project. I have to clean up the wiring.

one if the challenge is the cluster harness. I have to re wire it from my s15 cluster to a stock s14 cluster. good that I bought a cluster with pigtail. I just match all the colors to put them together.

after all, I was able to make the speedo work with the SGI-5E. however the tach wasn't. a quick call to WS, Yuri guided me to check some wiring. ending up the tach on the cluster is bad. good that I bought a spare one and I just swap all the lights over.

polished the lens..

all lights and gauges work now. temp, oil pressure, engine light. even the fuel level works now.

big achievement. got a fully functional cluster. just need to do more adjustment on the speed but that's easy.

as everyone know. project mean problems after problems. theres a exhaust leak on my custom piping as I see some water coming from this joint. will take it back to Trackspec for this. no big deal.

that's it so far. it looks more completed now than ever.

will finished wrapping the rear bumper and put in the dash next week. some final check on suspension parts and an alignment will be done after that. Sonoma Drift season just started this week and I m planning to go test it out no later than May.
Old 03-16-2018, 03:31 PM   #149
afishysilvia
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (31)
afishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 31 reviews
Are your fenders graphed or conversion fiberglass?
afishysilvia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2018, 06:35 PM   #150
CrimsonRockett
The Architect.

Trader Rating: (392)
CrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 392 reviews
That's one nice looking garage.

I just have way too much crap to even do a remodel at this point.

-Jspec-
Instagram/CrimsonRockett
Quote:
Originally Posted by brndck View Post
Generally you can eat my asshole.
CrimsonRockett is offline   Reply With Quote