Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 06-26-2016, 11:52 PM   #1
Snouki

Trader Rating: (0)
Snouki is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Overfender Questions

I have an s14 thats riddled with dents so Im considering rear over fenders to cover them. so I'm wondering, with 30mm over fenders, will I need to do any fender work to flush up my wheels? I have 17x9 +38 currently, a 50mm spacer should get it roughly flush with a 30mm fender. I've never seen over fenders on an s14 before though, so I'm not sure if I can get away with a flush look, no wheel gap without doing body work. I guess what I'm asking is, if I raise my car enough to clear 17x9 -12 with stock fenders, will the 30mm overs eliminate the wheel gap giving me a flush look? or am I forced to cut fenders to achieve this? Or, does anyone make over fenders less than 30mm ? thats the smallest Ive found. My priority is to cover the dents. Hope this is clear enough .
Snouki is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-27-2016, 04:08 AM   #2
red240
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (6)
red240 is a jewel in the roughred240 is a jewel in the roughred240 is a jewel in the roughred240 is a jewel in the roughred240 is a jewel in the roughred240 is a jewel in the roughred240 is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
You most cut the fender arch and inner well and weld them back together to give you clearance.
red240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2016, 07:08 AM   #3
brndck
Premium Member

Trader Rating: (130)
brndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 130 reviews
Send a message via AIM to brndck
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snouki View Post
I've never seen over fenders on an s14 before though.
wow. please consult the googles.

http://outslidersandsmokeproduce.blogspot.com/
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mannykiller View Post
it'll fit JANK.. and no one likes Jank except Broke ass zilvians.
brndck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2016, 02:13 PM   #4
Snouki

Quote:
Originally Posted by brndck View Post
wow. please consult the googles.
I meant in person. google didn't help me, thus why I'm here.
Old 06-28-2016, 02:45 PM   #5
Malik
Nissanaholic!

Malik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant future
there's a thread in the archive/faq section about this...
Malik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2016, 03:27 PM   #6
LockOn!
Zilvia FREAK!

LockOn! is making a name for him/her selfLockOn! is making a name for him/her selfLockOn! is making a name for him/her self
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snouki View Post
I have an s14 thats riddled with dents so Im considering rear over fenders to cover them. so I'm wondering, with 30mm over fenders, will I need to do any fender work to flush up my wheels? I have 17x9 +38 currently, a 50mm spacer should get it roughly flush with a 30mm fender. I've never seen over fenders on an s14 before though, so I'm not sure if I can get away with a flush look, no wheel gap without doing body work. I guess what I'm asking is, if I raise my car enough to clear 17x9 -12 with stock fenders, will the 30mm overs eliminate the wheel gap giving me a flush look? or am I forced to cut fenders to achieve this? Or, does anyone make over fenders less than 30mm ? thats the smallest Ive found. My priority is to cover the dents. Hope this is clear enough .
Frankly car with 30mm overs on 17x9s will look really shitty imo, the wheels wouldn't look correct for the wider hips. You would need to run like 205s for a tire to make the fitment look okay but then your car will look like it has skinny chicken legs from the back.

If your set on overs, just get some wider wheels first with a wider stretched tire. 50mm spacers are definitely not good at all for your wheel bearings either.

Just suck it up and do the body work, or get some wheels that will look nice with 30mm overs and save your bearings.

The other option would be to go chop some clean QPs off of another car that has a smashed front end and do a complete replacement on your car. But since your not wanting to fix the dents, I doubt you would want to undertake this task.

Good luck
Old 06-28-2016, 08:01 PM   #7
Snouki

Its not a matter of not wanting to fix the dents, Im just waiting on a quote so I figured Id explore other options. Thanks for the replays though guys, I got my answer