Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 12-29-2009, 02:17 PM   #1
lflkajfj12123

Trader Rating: (20)
lflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 20 reviews
Small Questions Thread (SEARCH FIRST! Use this instead of making NEW threads)

Okay you sloppy *SNIP*,

This shit is getting ridiculous. Since there has been an amazing outburst of threads that contain small insignificant questions that don't need their own threads, here is a thread where they can all go.

RULES:

1) DO NOT SHIT UP THIS THREAD. Unnecessary, stupid replies will be reported. Mods- offenders SHOULD be temp banned.

2) DON'T POST UNLESS YOU ARE ASKING A QUESTION OR ANSWERING ONE!

3) DO NOT BE AN ASS OR SARCASTIC! This thread is for all those dumb little questions that don't need their own threads, so don't come in here if you don't want to read them!

4) This is for small/dumb/personal questions. IE: "What should I buy next? Why won't my car start? What is camber? How many quarts of oil should I fill up? Why doesn't my knockoff wheels impress zilvia? Where can I order this part?" et cetera

MOST IMPORTANTLY, use your fucking head before you post a question that easily could have been found using the search feature. If you think your question deserves its own thread, at least give this one a try first you might be surprised one answer will do the trick.

http://zilvia.net/f/chat/144721-new-...arch-tips.html

Sticky anyone?

Last edited by dorkidori_s13; 11-01-2013 at 09:15 AM..
lflkajfj12123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-29-2009, 03:52 PM   #2
enkei2k
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: (29)
enkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 29 reviews
i agree that it is ridiculous. however a thread like this is similar to that of a 4 letter nissan website.

a thread like this will definitely unclutter the forum, however a thread like this will definitely be for the super lazy.

but anyway:

what's the proper way to install the s14 Euro Zenki headlights so that the high beams work? I've heard that they use the H3 bulb, should an H4 -> H3 converter harness do the trick, or where can i find a H3 plug to rewire my harness in order for the high beams to work correctly?

xquizitditz
enkei2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2009, 05:21 PM   #3
Pandapants
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (4)
Pandapants is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Pandapants
Will this show up in the search, so people don't ask the same question more than once...
Pandapants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2009, 06:09 PM   #4
cdlong
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (0)
cdlong has a brilliant futurecdlong has a brilliant futurecdlong has a brilliant futurecdlong has a brilliant futurecdlong has a brilliant futurecdlong has a brilliant futurecdlong has a brilliant futurecdlong has a brilliant futurecdlong has a brilliant futurecdlong has a brilliant futurecdlong has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to cdlong
i don't see why not. that's assuming people search before they post.

i've got a dumb one that i've seen conflicting and incomplete answers for.
what's the ID and max power levels of the common MAFS s13, s14, N60, N62, Q45 (P60?)? throw in more if you know them.

Car - MAF code - max pwr - diameter
s13 KA - G60 - 260whp - mm
s13 SR
s14 KA - G70 - 260whp - 62mm
s14 SR - - 270whp - mm
Q45 - P60 - 350whp - 90mm
maxima - N60 -
z32 - N62 -

Last edited by cdlong; 01-16-2010 at 08:11 PM..
cdlong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2009, 07:16 PM   #5
Matej
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (39)
Matej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 39 reviews
What does the trim piece that is supposed to cover this sunroof bolt look like? I am going through boxes of parts trying to reassemble my interior, but not knowing what exactly I am searching for makes it that much harder to search for it. Thanks!

Matej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2009, 07:41 PM   #6
burnsauto
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (6)
burnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Send a message via AIM to burnsauto
Quote:
Originally Posted by enkei2k View Post
i agree that it is ridiculous. however a thread like this is similar to that of a 4 letter nissan website.

a thread like this will definitely unclutter the forum, however a thread like this will definitely be for the super lazy.

but anyway:

what's the proper way to install the s14 Euro Zenki headlights so that the high beams work? I've heard that they use the H3 bulb, should an H4 -> H3 converter harness do the trick, or where can i find a H3 plug to rewire my harness in order for the high beams to work correctly?

not sure about the other things, but i know for a fact you can go to advance auto parts and get harnesses (both male, and female) for just about any kind of light bulb. If they don't have it they can order it (if the guy behind the counter knows what he's doing)

bravo on this thread btdubs.

my question: are there any ways I can get rid of my leaking sunroof? It leaks air at speeds over 90mph and makes this terrible screeching sound. Something I can do about this short of getting rid of the sunroof.
Old 12-29-2009, 09:01 PM   #7
hailandkill
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (10)
hailandkill is on the path to ruinhailandkill is on the path to ruin
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matej View Post
What does the trim piece that is supposed to cover this sunroof bolt look like? I am going through boxes of parts trying to reassemble my interior, but not knowing what exactly I am searching for makes it that much harder to search for it. Thanks!

hope that helps
hailandkill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2009, 09:40 PM   #8
lflkajfj12123

lflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pandapants View Post
Will this show up in the search, so people don't ask the same question more than once...
Yes, you can also use the search function WITHIN this thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdlong View Post
i don't see why not. that's assuming people search before they post.

i've got a dumb one that i've seen conflicting and incomplete answers for.
what's the ID and max power levels of the common MAFS s13, s14, N60, N62, Q45 (P60?)? throw in more if you know them.
Stock MAF for s13 and s14 reads out at 260 hp. Someone else can chime in on the others.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matej View Post

picture from my car:

Quote:
Originally Posted by burnsauto View Post
not sure about the other things, but i know for a fact you can go to advance auto parts and get harnesses (both male, and female) for just about any kind of light bulb. If they don't have it they can order it (if the guy behind the counter knows what he's doing)

bravo on this thread btdubs.

my question: are there any ways I can get rid of my leaking sunroof? It leaks air at speeds over 90mph and makes this terrible screeching sound. Something I can do about this short of getting rid of the sunroof.
very common problem most people fix it with washers to increase tension

here's another solution

Quiet as a mouse s13 sunroof fix - Nissan Forums: Nissan Forum
Old 12-29-2009, 10:14 PM   #9
sked707
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (8)
sked707 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Haha i was almost going to start a new thread but found this first.
How good/quiet are the resonators they sell at the "mom & pop" muffler shops?? Anyone rockin one? i need to get one for my loud ass exhaust but cant decide whether to just cheap out & go with one of these & get it over with or go with aftermarket like vibrant performance or something..anyone??
sked707 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2009, 10:30 PM   #10
lflkajfj12123

Quote:
Originally Posted by sked707 View Post
Haha i was almost going to start a new thread but found this first.
How good/quiet are the resonators they sell at the "mom & pop" muffler shops?? Anyone rockin one? i need to get one for my loud ass exhaust but cant decide whether to just cheap out & go with one of these & get it over with or go with aftermarket like vibrant performance or something..anyone??
all exhaust resonators are generally the same

usually it mellows the tone out to more a of a HUM rather that a loud raspy sound

they look like this on the inside

no point in really SPLURGING for an exhaust unless you really love a certain tone a market exhaust has

if you want to quiet it down maybe you should get a muffler welded into your exhaust

they have some small ones that may do the trick for clearance / weight
Old 12-29-2009, 10:51 PM   #11
Touge Noob S13
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (23)
Touge Noob S13 is making a name for him/her selfTouge Noob S13 is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
I have a mom & pop resonator on my exhaust. Works pretty good, car sounds deeper.
Touge Noob S13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2009, 11:19 PM   #12
bejota180sx
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (5)
bejota180sx has a spectacular aura aboutbejota180sx has a spectacular aura aboutbejota180sx has a spectacular aura aboutbejota180sx has a spectacular aura aboutbejota180sx has a spectacular aura aboutbejota180sx has a spectacular aura about
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
im gonna start with a offset one i've been wanting to get help, was gonna start a offset question thread but knew that would not end well so forgot it...
my question is...
im trying to fit something like a 245-255 tire in the back maybe a 235 tire in front STOCK fenders (maybe some 20mm fronts but that's a big maybe) with roll and NO pull
what would be a good width/offset on a 18inch wheel to acomplish this?
Originally Posted by Taniguchi_Is_#1 View Post
...this is zilvia; prepare to get your feelings hurt.
bejota180sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2009, 11:50 PM   #13
lflkajfj12123

Quote:
Originally Posted by bejota180sx View Post
im gonna start with a offset one i've been wanting to get help, was gonna start a offset question thread but knew that would not end well so forgot it...
my question is...
im trying to fit something like a 245-255 tire in the back maybe a 235 tire in front STOCK fenders (maybe some 20mm fronts but that's a big maybe) with roll and NO pull
need more information s13 / s14?

those tire sizes are fine you just may not be able to go as low without rubbing

just run a 235/40 in the front

245/40/18

Last edited by lflkajfj12123; 12-30-2009 at 12:53 AM..
Old 12-30-2009, 09:40 AM   #14
cdlong
Nissanaholic!

cdlong has a brilliant futurecdlong has a brilliant futurecdlong has a brilliant futurecdlong has a brilliant futurecdlong has a brilliant futurecdlong has a brilliant futurecdlong has a brilliant futurecdlong has a brilliant futurecdlong has a brilliant futurecdlong has a brilliant futurecdlong has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to cdlong
Quote:
Originally Posted by s0apgun View Post
Stock MAF for s13 and s14 reads out at 260 hp. Someone else can chime in on the others.
wheel or crank?

i'm going to edit my post as i get more info.
Old 12-30-2009, 10:05 AM   #15
Dazzla
Zilvia Member

Dazzla is an unknown quantity at this point
I need a new wiper washer fluid motor...whats the part code on courtesy parts?

I smacked the motor and it started working before and now its dead again.

This is one that controls the fluid that comes out of the nozzles onto your windshield (if someone is confused)
Dazzla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2009, 10:11 AM   #16
repda916
Zilvia Addict

repda916 is not welcome here anymorerepda916 is not welcome here anymorerepda916 is not welcome here anymorerepda916 is not welcome here anymorerepda916 is not welcome here anymorerepda916 is not welcome here anymorerepda916 is not welcome here anymorerepda916 is not welcome here anymorerepda916 is not welcome here anymorerepda916 is not welcome here anymorerepda916 is not welcome here anymore
will a T3 Turbo from a 300zx aniversary fit a Rb20 ?
repda916 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2009, 11:20 AM   #17
bejota180sx
Zilvia FREAK!

bejota180sx has a spectacular aura aboutbejota180sx has a spectacular aura aboutbejota180sx has a spectacular aura aboutbejota180sx has a spectacular aura aboutbejota180sx has a spectacular aura aboutbejota180sx has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by s0apgun View Post
need more information s13 / s14?

those tire sizes are fine you just may not be able to go as low without rubbing

just run a 235/40 in the front

245/40/18
sorry about that... it's for a s13 fastback, im not looking to go fitment whore thread low so that won't be a real problem... yeah f235/r245 is ok with me, so what wheel width offset would be easy to manage into that?
any idea on a decent rim size/offset (That's kinda my real question...) i want advice on this from fellow zilvians cause i've been tearing myself up on what size to use for this...

thanks!
Old 12-30-2009, 01:30 PM   #18
stinky_180
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (26)
stinky_180 has much to be proud ofstinky_180 has much to be proud ofstinky_180 has much to be proud ofstinky_180 has much to be proud ofstinky_180 has much to be proud ofstinky_180 has much to be proud ofstinky_180 has much to be proud ofstinky_180 has much to be proud ofstinky_180 has much to be proud ofstinky_180 has much to be proud ofstinky_180 has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 26 reviews
Send a message via AIM to stinky_180
i recently installed gr+ coilovers on my s13 and it is pretty low (not slammed though). my good 'ole jack can no longer slide under the frame rails! what jacks do you guys use for your lowered vehicles? using my emergency/spare tire jack to lift the car just enough to fit the floor jack under is such a pain in the ass. so what do you use? how much was it? where did you buy it? how do you like it? one more thing, has anybody used those wheel ramps successfully on a lowered s13?
Old 12-30-2009, 01:37 PM   #19
aznpoopy
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (1)
aznpoopy has a reputation beyond reputeaznpoopy has a reputation beyond reputeaznpoopy has a reputation beyond reputeaznpoopy has a reputation beyond reputeaznpoopy has a reputation beyond reputeaznpoopy has a reputation beyond reputeaznpoopy has a reputation beyond reputeaznpoopy has a reputation beyond reputeaznpoopy has a reputation beyond reputeaznpoopy has a reputation beyond reputeaznpoopy has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to aznpoopy
Quote:
Originally Posted by stinky_180 View Post
i recently installed gr+ coilovers on my s13 and it is pretty low (not slammed though). my good 'ole jack can no longer slide under the frame rails! what jacks do you guys use for your lowered vehicles? using my emergency/spare tire jack to lift the car just enough to fit the floor jack under is such a pain in the ass. so what do you use? how much was it? where did you buy it? how do you like it? one more thing, has anybody used those wheel ramps successfully on a lowered s13?
1. not baller - wood from home depot $???
2. a little baller - teeny tiny low clearance ramps (search ebay) - $50
3. baller - a second aluminum jack - $100+

the little ramps do work. for most people anyway.
the big ramps (i.e. pepboys ramps) will obviously not.
aznpoopy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2009, 01:39 PM   #20
stinky_180
Nissanaholic!

stinky_180 has much to be proud ofstinky_180 has much to be proud ofstinky_180 has much to be proud ofstinky_180 has much to be proud ofstinky_180 has much to be proud ofstinky_180 has much to be proud ofstinky_180 has much to be proud ofstinky_180 has much to be proud ofstinky_180 has much to be proud ofstinky_180 has much to be proud ofstinky_180 has much to be proud of
^what???????????

none of that answered any of my questions, but thanks..
Old 12-30-2009, 01:45 PM   #21
aznpoopy
Post Whore!

aznpoopy has a reputation beyond reputeaznpoopy has a reputation beyond reputeaznpoopy has a reputation beyond reputeaznpoopy has a reputation beyond reputeaznpoopy has a reputation beyond reputeaznpoopy has a reputation beyond reputeaznpoopy has a reputation beyond reputeaznpoopy has a reputation beyond reputeaznpoopy has a reputation beyond reputeaznpoopy has a reputation beyond reputeaznpoopy has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by stinky_180 View Post
^what???????????

none of that answered any of my questions, but thanks..
perhaps you missed what i thought was the rather obvious inherent step of driving the car onto the wood/low profile ramp to gain additional vertical clearance.

edit:
and i hope you know you shouldn't be jacking from your frame rail. use the stock jacking points. 4 spots designated on the bottom pinch welds. crossmember for the front and differential for the rear.

the real problem is getting to the front cross member. none of the standard low profile aluminum "racing" jacks can really get there under zilvia low + aero conditions. the only one i can think of that might stand a chance is

http://zilvia.net/f/chat/215446-reco...ml#post2339682
Old 12-30-2009, 01:47 PM   #22
stinky_180
Nissanaholic!

im asking about floor jacks.
Old 12-30-2009, 01:52 PM   #23
aznpoopy
Post Whore!

then follow the link, grasshopper. a super low jack awaits.
Old 12-30-2009, 01:56 PM   #24
stinky_180
Nissanaholic!

coo thanks for the link! i used to jack the vehicle using the front cross member and differential, but thats next to impossible now. i do put the jack where the pinch welds are, but i have to use an emergency jack in order to get some clearance (pain in the ass and more time consuming) thanks again
Old 12-30-2009, 04:22 PM   #25
lflkajfj12123

Quote:
sorry about that... it's for a s13 fastback, im not looking to go fitment whore thread low so that won't be a real problem... yeah f235/r245 is ok with me, so what wheel width offset would be easy to manage into that?
any idea on a decent rim size/offset (That's kinda my real question...) i want advice on this from fellow zilvians cause i've been tearing myself up on what size to use for this...

thanks!
180sx ideal fitment goes as 18x9.5 +12 rear 17x9+15 front (GTR sizes)

check this video out

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fq0ImlHCkVU

he runs 225/40/18 in the rear with 4.5 camber slight pull but he's also SLAMMED

less camber will mean not as low to not rub along with larger tire size

but you can still make it look good

as far as 18's up front you're gonna run into fitment issues with a 18 and 235 tire so you'll need to bang the metal inside the well ALOT

here's a 235/40/18

Old 12-30-2009, 04:38 PM   #26
dahveed
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (9)
dahveed is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
OK. So I've got Tanabe Pro-Seven coils on my S13 in the rear. I wanted to lower it more, but there is a little plug on the bottom that doesn't allow me to keep moving the rings up. Someone told me that these are supposed to have an electronic control? Anyone know? Thanks.
Old 12-30-2009, 04:46 PM   #27
94cc0rd
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (8)
94cc0rd has a reputation beyond repute94cc0rd has a reputation beyond repute94cc0rd has a reputation beyond repute94cc0rd has a reputation beyond repute94cc0rd has a reputation beyond repute94cc0rd has a reputation beyond repute94cc0rd has a reputation beyond repute94cc0rd has a reputation beyond repute94cc0rd has a reputation beyond repute94cc0rd has a reputation beyond repute94cc0rd has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Send a message via AIM to 94cc0rd
Quote:
my question is...

A few people have replied to this already but it really depends on your ALIGNMENT!

Some people can run 9.5"+ wide with low offsets and a 245/40/18, with just a roll but they are running 3*+ of camber.
Old 12-30-2009, 05:05 PM   #28
bejota180sx
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 94cc0rd View Post
A few people have replied to this already but it really depends on your ALIGNMENT!

Some people can run 9.5"+ wide with low offsets and a 245/40/18, with just a roll but they are running 3*+ of camber.
to both you and s0apgun thanks for the advice, i have no problem cutting banging and rolling the fenders of the inside of the wheel wells. I'm not asking just to have a insane fitment, i track my car not only drift but grip also so to much negativa camber and all that isn't really something i would like to have to do... but like s0ap said earlier, more camber cause of the low height which i don't plan on being slammed either so i can try and work around that... i was planning on doing a x9.5 +15 all around but the most i have seen without a pull with those are F225/R235... that's why i'm asking maybe for a better size/offset combination for my goal maybe somebody had a good advice

thanks guys!
Old 12-30-2009, 05:28 PM   #29
DreamN
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (54)
DreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 54 reviews
Good idea for a thread.

Alright, I've got one that I simply just haven't gotten around to really looking into much.

Once in awhile when I switch the wipers on it simply gets stuck in the on position. Not the switch itself, as I'll put it in the off position and the wipers will still keep going.

It's not the switch as I've tried 3. To my knowledge I haven't messed with the wiring concerning the wipers.

Any ideas where I should be checking first to fix this small, but irritating issue.

Wanted:

TBD

For Sale:
TBD
DreamN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2009, 05:37 PM   #30
lflkajfj12123

Quote:
to both you and s0apgun thanks for the advice, i have no problem cutting banging and rolling the fenders of the inside of the wheel wells. I'm not asking just to have a insane fitment, i track my car not only drift but grip also so to much negativa camber and all that isn't really something i would like to have to do... but like s0ap said earlier, more camber cause of the low height which i don't plan on being slammed either so i can try and work around that... i was planning on doing a x9.5 +15 all around but the most i have seen without a pull with those are F225/R235... that's why i'm asking maybe for a better size/offset combination for my goal maybe somebody had a good advice

thanks guys!
wouldn't recommend a 18x9.5 in the front unless you have some kind of overfender