Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk > Engine Tech

Engine Tech Technical discussion related to all relevant engines such as KA, SR, RB, CA, 2JZ , L24/26/28, VG, VQ, and LSx series.

Old 08-05-2016, 08:57 AM   #1
shawn1331
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
shawn1331 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
r32 gtst weird cold start issue

Hey guys I'm having a really weird issue with my R32 skyline GTST. It doesn't want to cold start, it will but takes some convincing. I'm copy/pasting from driftworks my post.

"Hey my R32 gtst is having a cold start issue but it isn't my aac, coolant temp. etc.

The car cranks and fires but wont start. i have to pump the pedal for a minute or 2 and it eventally starts, once its running it runs great and idles fine. Also starts up hot no problem. Not really sure where to go from here...consult is showing all my sensors are good."

Someone suggested to check maf and CAS so I replied

"Yeah fuel pumps priming and I'm getting my 40ish psi to start the car fine, it seems like an air issue. But the maf doesn't seem to be affecting it, I've unplugged it to try and start it in limp mode and that didn't do anything either. The voltages all look good and rise and fall with throttle like they should.

Does the IACV affect starting? Can I still start the car if I unplugged it to see if it can start on a base map or something like the maf is supposed to when you unplug it"

I'm not sure where else to check, theres no vacuum leaks or anything and the car runs and drives perfect when warm and starts right up hot.
shawn1331 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-05-2016, 10:39 PM   #2
reallygood101
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (27)
reallygood101 will become famous soon enoughreallygood101 will become famous soon enoughreallygood101 will become famous soon enoughreallygood101 will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
i have the same problem with my r32 gtst only on cold start but after that it will run and start every time
reallygood101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2016, 08:03 AM   #3
OnTheChip
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (0)
OnTheChip is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Check the starter signal wire at ECU pin 43. Should be 12V with starter engaged. There is a fuse for that wire, but I don't know where it's located.
OnTheChip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2017, 05:54 PM   #4
S14kouki805
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (5)
S14kouki805 has much to be proud ofS14kouki805 has much to be proud ofS14kouki805 has much to be proud ofS14kouki805 has much to be proud ofS14kouki805 has much to be proud ofS14kouki805 has much to be proud ofS14kouki805 has much to be proud ofS14kouki805 has much to be proud ofS14kouki805 has much to be proud ofS14kouki805 has much to be proud ofS14kouki805 has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Did you ever figure this out? I'm having a similar issue with my SR.

Starts on 2nd or 3rd try only and idle bounces up and down until it reaches about 62 degrees Celsius. I cleaned the IACV, replaced the coolant temp sensor, replaced the PCV valve, cleaned throttle body and MAF.

The above list had me idling ok for about 2-3 weeks but the problem came back. It seems worse now actually, it will die out if I'm not on the gas while waiting to warm up.

Next is fuel filter and fuel pressure regulator (FPR).

Any input? And yes, I know this is an old thread but it doesn't look like it was ever answered.
S14kouki805 is offline   Reply With Quote