Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Off Topic Chat

Off Topic Chat All non related chat goes here.

Old 08-11-2015, 10:41 AM   #61
Lees_Garage
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (66)
Lees_Garage is just really niceLees_Garage is just really niceLees_Garage is just really niceLees_Garage is just really niceLees_Garage is just really niceLees_Garage is just really niceLees_Garage is just really niceLees_Garage is just really niceLees_Garage is just really nice
Feedback Score: 66 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Almighty So View Post
2nd definition of Hoonigan: that fucking 17 year old kid with the puffy neon skateboard shoes with a vape pen sticking out of his face right above his tire slayer tank top and right below his hoonigan flat brim. he demands to know why you haven't done an sr20 swap because "his boys rips". He also questions why you spent that much on "TE.. what are they called?" when you simply could have "gotten cleaner rotas in better sizes for way cheaper". He scoffs as he lays down some rubber in his one tire fire single cam. The tires screech and the ebay exhaust pops wildly as now everyone is staring at you standing next to your car thinking you're just the same type of idiot.
Almighty So, thanks for the kind words.

You make logical points, but I am going to have to agree to disagree.

This is why I maintain my stance. I have followed Hoonigan since its inception, and found some of the best fabricators, eg kibbetech, because of them. I have been to a couple events at The Hoonigan Donut Shop, and had a great time, also met some great people with awesome rides there. I've personally met Vaughn Gitten jr, and Brian Scotto, both great dudes with great business sense, and amazing cars.

I do feel it is very unfortunate that the trash that has latched on to the Hoonigan brand has overpowered what I feel (definition 1) is "The Hoonigan" brand.

Quote:
2nd definition of Hoonigan: that fucking 17 year old kid with the puffy neon skateboard shoes with a vape pen sticking out of his face right above his tire slayer tank top and right below his hoonigan flat brim. he demands to know why you haven't done an sr20 swap because "his boys rips". He also questions why you spent that much on "TE.. what are they called?" when you simply could have "gotten cleaner rotas in better sizes for way cheaper". He scoffs as he lays down some rubber in his one tire fire single cam. The tires screech and the ebay exhaust pops wildly as now everyone is staring at you standing next to your car thinking you're just the same type of idiot.
I do love this definition of ricer boy 240 drivers!

Quote:
Say 10 out 100 S-chassis enthusiasts want to build a clean, respectable chassis. The other 90 just want to bullshit around and destroy cars while being reckless and immature until all the chassis are ruined and crushed and gone. Then they go be reckless and immature elsewhere in life.
If this is the case, fuck those 90 people. I'd rather the community just be 10 people who would like to see these cars last and in good condition too.
I also strive to be one of the 10 my friend.

@lees_garage
Lees_Garage is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-11-2015, 10:54 AM   #62
Almighty So
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (12)
Almighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lees_Garage View Post
This is why I maintain my stance. I have followed Hoonigan since its inception, and found some of the best fabricators, eg kibbetech, because of them. I have been to a couple events at The Hoonigan Donut Shop, and had a great time, also met some great people with awesome rides there. I've personally met Vaughn Gitten jr, and Brian Scotto, both great dudes with great business sense, and amazing cars.

I do feel it is very unfortunate that the trash that has latched on to the Hoonigan brand has overpowered what I feel (definition 1) is "The Hoonigan" brand.
see that's completely understandable. being a shop that's that well known, they likely attract some people who are really good at what they do. I've also seen pictures of some sweet cars they've had there.

I would never go there and stand outside the fence yelling "you're doing it wrong." I have nothing against those guys.

But I am from the Midwest where our Hoonigan representatives are strictly the second definition. They lack any niceties that Hoonigan has/had.

I think we can just agree that we will always have different terms for what we are even hating in the first place.
I hate those kids who destroy shit and I just so happen to call them Hoonigans cause I don't have another word for it.
You probably hate those kids too but you already have a different idea of what Hoonigan is so my definition would seem out of context/irrational.
Almighty So is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2015, 11:03 AM   #63
KiLLeR2001
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (46)
KiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 46 reviews
I think Lee needs to attend a couple of craigslist local car meets and listen to all the kids with hoonigan stickers on their cars speak. Should only take a couple of sentences for him to realize the severity of the situation.
Old 08-11-2015, 11:15 AM   #64
OutlawLui
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (19)
OutlawLui is a well-known jackass
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
HOONIGAN

Sounds so trashy
OutlawLui is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2015, 12:23 PM   #65
Lees_Garage
Zilvia FREAK!

Lees_Garage is just really niceLees_Garage is just really niceLees_Garage is just really niceLees_Garage is just really niceLees_Garage is just really niceLees_Garage is just really niceLees_Garage is just really niceLees_Garage is just really niceLees_Garage is just really nice
Quote:
I think we can just agree that we will always have different terms for what we are even hating in the first place.
I hate those kids who destroy shit and I just so happen to call them Hoonigans cause I don't have another word for it.
You probably hate those kids too but you already have a different idea of what Hoonigan is so my definition would seem out of context/irrational.
This

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiLLeR2001 View Post
I think Lee needs to attend a couple of craigslist local car meets and listen to all the kids with hoonigan stickers on their cars speak. Should only take a couple of sentences for him to realize the severity of the situation.
I'm sure you are correct, but I would never attend a craigslist car meet. lol. I do attend events being represented by the actual creators (SEMA, Nitto auto enthusiast day, FD Long beach, etc), which is probably why I have a different opinion.

@lees_garage
Old 08-11-2015, 01:18 PM   #66
KiLLeR2001
Post Whore!

KiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud of
Quote:
I'm sure you are correct, but I would never attend a craigslist car meet. lol. I do attend events being represented by the actual creators (SEMA, Nitto auto enthusiast day, FD Long beach, etc), which is probably why I have a different opinion.
Of course you wouldn't attend these meets, if you did you would know what we are talking about. It almost appears as if you have protected yourself within a bubble from all the negative aspects this new generation is bringing towards these cars, aka... living under a rock.
Old 08-11-2015, 01:35 PM   #67
Lees_Garage
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiLLeR2001 View Post
Of course you wouldn't attend these meets, if you did you would know what we are talking about. It almost appears as if you have protected yourself within a bubble from all the negative aspects this new generation is bringing towards these cars, aka... living under a rock.
I'm sure you are mostly correct. I don't frequent the forums much aside from buying and selling parts, and following builds that I've been following for years. I don't go to any S-Chassis meets, just hang out with buddies that have been into 240's for years, etc.

Like I stated before, and as Almighty so pointed out, 1 out of 10, or less are being done right. IMHO this started happening a long time ago, long before Hellaflush and ain't care, which is why I've distanced myself. I'm here because of a long term love of the s chassis.

@lees_garage
Old 08-11-2015, 02:10 PM   #68
KiLLeR2001
Post Whore!

Quote:
Like I stated before, and as Almighty so pointed out, 1 out of 10, or less are being done right. IMHO this started happening a long time ago, long before Hellaflush and ain't care, which is why I've distanced myself. I'm here because of a long term love of the s chassis.
Yes. After the Tokyo Drift movie, the S-Chassis game would never be the same. The drift craze had begun full circle. Everyone that bought Honda Civics and Integras after the first F&F movie were putting them up for sale now and looking to dive into a 240sx. These types were the drift kiddies (do you even drift bro?), mega stretch tires, excessive camber, drift missiles afoot etc. Now what we have is the 2nd stage of the drift missile, the hoonigan-spec. Take your standard piece of shit drift missile car and then make it even more ridiculous but adding the "ain't care" attitude. This is the dangerous aspect of hipster vapers who shouldn't even be working on cars, driving around with none of their bolts torqued to factory spec, missing studs on the hubs and hacked up core supports / frame rails for "moar low". They actively drive in the street and perform illegal activities all for the sake of "hooning". I've actually heard someone say something along the lines of "Hey bro, you want to go hoon around town tonight?" These assholes either end up totaling their cars, hurting someone, going directly to jail, or a combination of all three.
Old 08-11-2015, 05:52 PM   #69
Mishkin_707
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (1)
Mishkin_707 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Why the "Hoonigan Hate"?

Have you guys seen what the term "hoon" means in Australia? That's why they're bags o dicks, here in the United States, they embrace the term, when the people in Australia get called that it offends them
Mishkin_707 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2015, 11:01 PM   #70
Jarom717
Zilvia Member

Jarom717 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
uh how about the main fuckin dude.. what's his name? oh yeah ken block.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AALxZaXJiKA

when i think of hoonigan i think of a retard in a shit missile.
when i think of nike, i think of a shoe.
they're pretty much incomparable considering nike has never been known for supporting overweight criminals (which is by far the most random comparison i've read in a while) but hoonigan has been known for shitty cars and driving for quite a while now.
Yeah I really do hate that dude. And it seems all the guys there watching and cheering aren't even car guys, they just like seeing stupid crap and antics.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk
Jarom717 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2015, 03:51 AM   #71
rbpwrd240
Zilvia FREAK!

rbpwrd240 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Almighty So, thanks for the kind words.

You make logical points, but I am going to have to agree to disagree.

I do love this definition of ricer boy 240 drivers!

I also strive to be one of the 10 my friend.

Its great that you followed it and understand it and appreciate the people who created it but the truth is that the people they have recruited as their clientel have ruined the brand.

Its the same guys with duck tape and zip ties holding shit together. The ones who use drywall screws on their body kits. The same ones with a teddy bear hanging off their rear tow hook, a jdm student driver sticker in the window and dildo shift knobs 2 and a half feet tall that think tis funny to drift around the parking lot at the local car meet with their 4K dollar S13 shit box. All while throwing rocks at other nicer cars and attracting unwanted attention by law enforcment and JQ Public.

Its the same people that cut you off in rush hour traffic becouse they dont give a shit if they bump you in their patch work quilt paint job.

Oh and lets not forget these same people are the very same people that were fooled that by thinking they represented a brand built around speed and winning that it some how made an improvment in them or a lifestyle statment on their own intentions of speed and "aint care". Anotherwords their dousches on the road and an accident wating to happen all while they put others at risk while making the rest of us look bad.

Im also a near 30 year old 240 owner and I wont ever sell mine but I dont even feel like I would get along with 80% of the people I see driving 240's on the road today. Hoonin stickers with Circus interior stylings ugh..... I cant say anymore or Im gunna puke in my mouth again.
rbpwrd240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2017, 08:17 PM   #72
Pacman911

Trader Rating: (0)
Pacman911 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Why all the hate?

How many of you guys actually race for points? We go out and run our car till it's damn near dead every week. If this means running flats until the end of the race or blowing a motor we will finish. When I think of a "hoonigan" I think of Ken Block or Ryan Tuerk not some dumb shit head as you all refer to. To me it seems like all of the uneducated couch drivers on here need to learn the difference between a real race team and kids on the street. If you all knew that difference then this wouldn't even be a topic on here.
Pacman911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2017, 08:47 PM   #73
VROOOM
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (0)
VROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Did you join just to post in a 2 year old thread??
VROOOM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2017, 09:13 PM   #74
rawgarage
Banned from the Marketplace

Trader Rating: (75)
rawgarage is making a name for him/her selfrawgarage is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 75 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by VROOOM View Post
Did you join just to post in a 2 year old thread??
I was bout to fire that ass up too
rawgarage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2017, 12:22 PM   #75
tricky_ab
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (23)
tricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pacman911 View Post
How many of you guys actually race for points? We go out and run our car till it's damn near dead every week. If this means running flats until the end of the race or blowing a motor we will finish. When I think of a "hoonigan" I think of Ken Block or Ryan Tuerk not some dumb shit head as you all refer to. To me it seems like all of the uneducated couch drivers on here need to learn the difference between a real race team and kids on the street. If you all knew that difference then this wouldn't even be a topic on here.

Back for round two... 4 doors this time around...
tricky_ab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2017, 01:42 PM   #76
tuzzio
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
tuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Almost looks like another mhubeny on our hands
tuzzio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2017, 01:56 PM   #77
feito
Nissanaholic!

feito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymore
Old 03-04-2017, 02:11 PM   #78
RB25GUY
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (9)
RB25GUY is a name known to allRB25GUY is a name known to allRB25GUY is a name known to allRB25GUY is a name known to allRB25GUY is a name known to allRB25GUY is a name known to allRB25GUY is a name known to allRB25GUY is a name known to allRB25GUY is a name known to allRB25GUY is a name known to allRB25GUY is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Intro to Hooniganology 101
RB25GUY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2017, 02:17 PM   #79
5280VertDET
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (14)
5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by RB25GUY View Post
Intro to Hooniganology 101
Advanced Hubenyology 201*

Mastering Fuckboi 301

Prerequisite required: Intro to Hooniganology 101
Old 03-04-2017, 04:31 PM   #80
FaLKoN240
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: (73)
FaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 73 reviews
Quote:
Why did you bump a two year old thread like any of us would know who you are?

Who the fuck are you?

Best way to do business with me? Make your best offer FIRST.
FaLKoN240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2017, 07:49 AM   #81
Phlip
Yes, I look like that

Phlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfection
Quote:
You joined the forum and blew your VERY first post on bragging who you are?
No one knows you

And I write too!
Phlip is offline   Reply With Quote