Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 04-18-2017, 05:49 PM   #20941
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

Trader Rating: (41)
dorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 41 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by hatch4life View Post
Anyone? feel free to roast me for a stupid question just make sure to answer it please lol
if the intake manifold is painted, remove it from the car and have it media blasted to remove all of the old paint... then take it and have it powder coated. if the paint that was used was just normal spray paint, then you are going to run into massive issues should you ever hit the manifold with any type of abrasive cleaner such as B12 Carb Cleaner or standard Brake Cleaner. they will eat right thru the paint (even if it has been clear coated). 2 part paints like the ones used in paint shops as well as powder coating arent susceptible to being eaten away at NEARLY as bad as standard spray paint. spray paints use premixed chemicals as well as aerosols... spray paint IS NOT the same type or grade of paints/clear coats used in paint shops and powder coating places.

so yeah, yank the manifold, have it media blasted, hot tanked and powder coated for a clean and OE finish!

Check out my IG for what I'm up to! DORKIDORI INSTAGRAM!!!
dorkidori_s13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-18-2017, 08:34 PM   #20942
hatch4life
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (3)
hatch4life is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
so yeah, yank the manifold, have it media blasted, hot tanked and powder coated for a clean and OE finish!
much appreciated
hatch4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2017, 11:29 AM   #20943
jaysgottaredtop
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (7)
jaysgottaredtop will become famous soon enoughjaysgottaredtop will become famous soon enoughjaysgottaredtop will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
^^ Sounds like a lot of effort and money for an intake mani IMO.

Just strip it with aircraft stripper ($22ish for 2 aerosol cans), mask the holes/flanges/barbs ($2), hang it, clean off oils/debris by hosing it down with brake parts cleaner ($4), let it dry, and rattle can it with a couple coats of decent engine paint ($7). Should take you an afternoon and under $40.
Old 04-19-2017, 03:36 PM   #20944
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

dorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysgottaredtop View Post
^^ Sounds like a lot of effort and money for an intake mani IMO.

Just strip it with aircraft stripper ($22ish for 2 aerosol cans), mask the holes/flanges/barbs ($2), hang it, clean off oils/debris by hosing it down with brake parts cleaner ($4), let it dry, and rattle can it with a couple coats of decent engine paint ($7). Should take you an afternoon and under $40.

again, this plays into the whole situation i just advised he NOT do!

Old 04-20-2017, 04:24 AM   #20945
I'm Redline
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (0)
I'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by dorkidori_s13 View Post
again, this plays into the whole situation i just advised he NOT do!
Don't waste your time. Too many ebay level kids trying to do things too cheap on 240's. They lack patience to take a car the right way through the long haul build
Old 04-24-2017, 07:32 AM   #20946
dallaschristman
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (1)
dallaschristman is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
I need new bushings for my rear knuckles and LCAs. If I get the ES rear control arm bushing kit will that have everything I need?
dallaschristman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2017, 06:18 PM   #20947
ze12o
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (26)
ze12o is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 26 reviews
What are the 5/6 bolt sizes for the underpanel under the steering column? Also the 4 bolt size for bolting the metal plate behind the glove box? For an s13
Old 04-25-2017, 06:20 PM   #20948
Halobb

Halobb is an unknown quantity at this point
If you're talking about the kicker panel. I think they're 10mm but if not try 12. Almost certain they're 10 though

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Halobb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2017, 08:58 PM   #20949
ze12o
Zilvia FREAK!

Yeah, i think so too. But would like a more specific spec. I'm going to order online and i dont want to let it be too short or long. A regular 10mm head bolt is a m6 right?
Old 04-25-2017, 09:31 PM   #20950
Halobb

Small Questions Thread (SEARCH FIRST! Use this instead of making NEW threads)

Honestly man I don't know :/ but can't you just take it to a car store and ask them to match it up?

Last edited by Halobb; 04-25-2017 at 10:16 PM..
Old 04-26-2017, 06:37 AM   #20951
ze12o
Zilvia FREAK!

I would but the originals are lost and its discontinued by nissan
Old 04-27-2017, 11:35 AM   #20952
maces13
Leaky Injector

maces13 is an unknown quantity at this point
Haven't found an answer yet maybe you guys can help. I rebuilding a pair of VS-KFs right now but the two studs/nuts behind each spoke are not extracting, just break loose and spin as one from there with some side to side movement. All the other bolts came out fine. But I feel like I'm missing something cause what are the chances of all of them being messed up. I've never split 3p wheels before so any help would be awesome. Thanks in advance
maces13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2017, 10:11 AM   #20953
Zenki_559
Leaky Injector

Zenki_559 is a glorious beacon of lightZenki_559 is a glorious beacon of lightZenki_559 is a glorious beacon of lightZenki_559 is a glorious beacon of lightZenki_559 is a glorious beacon of lightZenki_559 is a glorious beacon of lightZenki_559 is a glorious beacon of lightZenki_559 is a glorious beacon of lightZenki_559 is a glorious beacon of lightZenki_559 is a glorious beacon of lightZenki_559 is a glorious beacon of light
Does anyone on here have experience with optima blue top batteries? I know the red tops are all the rage, but my shop had 2 optima blue top batteries sitting in the back that were sitting, and i was given permission to take them. Should i take them or just scrap them since they are technically a "marine use" battery?
Zenki_559 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2017, 10:13 AM   #20954
LI NY 240sx
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (10)
LI NY 240sx is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenki_559 View Post
Does anyone on here have experience with optima blue top batteries? I know the red tops are all the rage, but my shop had 2 optima blue top batteries sitting in the back that were sitting, and i was given permission to take them. Should i take them or just scrap them since they are technically a "marine use" battery?

I'm no expert, but I believe it's the same specs as the yellow deep cycle optima. You should be fine.
LI NY 240sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2017, 01:14 PM   #20955
I'm Redline
Zilvia Addict

I'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenki_559 View Post
Jump on them, they are just as good as the Yellow tops for high power lighting or stereo systems or hardcore race ignitions and stuff. Put one on a trickle charge, and use the other one
Old 04-30-2017, 12:44 PM   #20956
mechanicalmoron
Zilvia FREAK!

mechanicalmoron is just really nicemechanicalmoron is just really nicemechanicalmoron is just really nicemechanicalmoron is just really nicemechanicalmoron is just really nicemechanicalmoron is just really nicemechanicalmoron is just really nicemechanicalmoron is just really nice
I've got a s14 ka that smoked and had meh compression (155). It's apart, but everything looks excellent, I'm putting it back together with new stock bearings, rings, hone, but no machine work, except getting the head done.

Are stock sohc pistons okay with a stock s13 ecu, with an s14 long block? Is there anything else OE or similar but a bit hotter, that I can swap while in here? This will be a n/a motor for the forseeable future.

Last edited by mechanicalmoron; 05-01-2017 at 11:49 AM..
mechanicalmoron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2017, 04:19 PM   #20957
LoSt180
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (18)
LoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 18 reviews
What shock bellows fit the rear of an S14? I got a KYB shock kit and the rears are too skinny, had to take them off.

Sent from my SM-G930U using Tapatalk
LoSt180 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2017, 02:37 PM   #20958
S14kouki805
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (5)
S14kouki805 has much to be proud ofS14kouki805 has much to be proud ofS14kouki805 has much to be proud ofS14kouki805 has much to be proud ofS14kouki805 has much to be proud ofS14kouki805 has much to be proud ofS14kouki805 has much to be proud ofS14kouki805 has much to be proud ofS14kouki805 has much to be proud ofS14kouki805 has much to be proud ofS14kouki805 has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Will an S14SR IACV fit an S13SR?
S14kouki805 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2017, 08:55 PM   #20959
drinxbleach

Trader Rating: (2)
drinxbleach is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
CODE 45 & 34 HELP:
So I just got a CEL light and it threw a 45 & 34 which is a leaky injector and knock sensor. To fix the Leaky injector I went to the junkyard and picked up some injectors and new o rings. The car ran normal for awhile but now when I try to start it, the crank is very rough and the idle is stumbly. Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks!
drinxbleach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2017, 10:40 AM   #20960
Halobb

So here's my issue guys. Yesterday my car started to leak some fluid, and after ruling out oils and what not, it became obvious it was a gas leak. I took a video of the exact spot where the gas was leaking but my phone deleted them [emoji846][emoji846]. After I tracked down the leak to its origin, at first I thought it was the fourth injector o ring because it was slightly wet. Of course I checked again and now I. Plus actually see the gas seeping through. IMG_0420.JPG its behind the fourth injector if anybody is willing to help me and need more pictures feel free to ask. As of right now I think it might just be that it's not tight enough or that it needs to be sealed properly again, but I don't know how to remove it either. I've lost quite a bit of gas as well lmao. The car runs fine, no issues what's so ever, it's just leaking like hell.

Old 05-02-2017, 10:41 AM   #20961
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

Just get some new o-rings, injector cap bushings and injector seats. all of which can be had at any local autoparts stores.

Old 05-02-2017, 10:45 AM   #20962
Halobb

Quote:
Just get some new o-rings, injector cap bushings and injector seats. all of which can be had at any local autoparts stores.

Do you know if there is a write up on how to replace all of those, I'm new to the 240 scene and never worked on cars lol. I'm as stupid as they come. PS I have searched for write ups but they're usually for sr20s and such :/

Old 05-02-2017, 11:20 AM   #20963
jaysgottaredtop
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (7)
jaysgottaredtop will become famous soon enoughjaysgottaredtop will become famous soon enoughjaysgottaredtop will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
^ Installation is the same between SR and KA24DE. They both use the same style fuel injectors, similar rail, etc. The o-rings are the same.

While you're in there messing with injectors, it would be a good idea to replace all the o-rings at once.

1: Take all 4 injectors out of the rail. 2 phillips head screws per injector cap, careful not to strip these, might be easiest to hit em with a small electric impact if you have one. Be careful not to drop/lose the little rubber retainers in the caps. Injectors will slide out of the rail pockets, but it may take some careful twisting and pulling.
2: Take the rail off the manifold. 3 or 4 bolts.
3: Replace the 4 fat rubber gaskets in the mani runners
4: Replace the 4 lower o-rings (small diameter) and the 4 upper o-rings (large diameter) on the injectors. Carefully put the new o-rings onto the injectors with petroleum jelly to avoid ripping.
5: Reinstall the injectors and rail. Consider throwing out those 8 crappy phillips injector cap screws and getting 8 allen bolts of the same thread/length at your local hardware aisle.
Old 05-02-2017, 11:51 AM   #20964
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halobb View Post
Do you know if there is a write up on how to replace all of those, I'm new to the 240 scene and never worked on cars lol. I'm as stupid as they come. PS I have searched for write ups but they're usually for sr20s and such :/

1) get new o-rings (top AND bottom), cap bushings and injector seats
2) take caps off injectors with phillips head screwdriver and unplug injectors
3) put BOTH screws back into holes next to injectors
4) get 2 flat head screw drivers, pry injectors out using screws for leverage as there are 2 slots in each injector for the screwdriver head to go in, then remove screws again
5) pull/roll old o-rings off injectors
6) roll new o-rings onto injectors
7) insert new cap bushings into tops of caps in the same way old ones were set
8) insert new injector bushings into intake manifold the same way old ones were set
9) apply vaseline around base of injector bushing holes in intake manifold
10) apply a TON of vaseline to inside of fuel rail toward the bottoms where the injector pintles seat and around the center area where the upper injector rings seat
11) apply a TON of vaseline to o-ring areas (top AND bottom o-rings) on physical injectors themselves
12) insert injectors 1 by 1 back into fuel rail. there will be a noticeable drop in the injector when it seats properly. you can turn it back and forth and bit while reinserting to help seat the injector properly.
13) reinstall injector caps with new cap bushings
14) clean up.

you MAY want to disconnect the line running from your fuel pressure regulator to relieve any built up fuel pressure in the rail (this WILL cause fuel to leak out a bit until the FPR and the fuel rail have drained). its best to leave the car sitting for a few hours and not driving it prior to doing the above just to avoid fuel spraying out due to built up pressure.

and when i say apply a TON of vaseline to the fuel rail and fuel injectors, i mean a TON. this will keep you from ripping, tearing or scarring any of the o-rings. vaseline is petroleum based which means it will dissolve when fuel makes contact with it and burn off in the cylinder chamber with no issues. replacing injectors is a fairly straightforward process. if everything is back together and sealed properly, crank the car over a few times until it starts, it will stutter a bit when started and this is normal. the car will begin running normal after 10-15 seconds. if the car is running like a Subaru and youre missing a cylinder, it means you didnt seat one of the injectors properly and its leaking fuel into the cylinder... if this happens, you will need to pull the injector again and re-seat plus yank your spark plug, take your plug wires out of each cylinder and crank the motor with a paper towel in the spark plug chamber to force the excess fuel out, but this is fairly uncommon if you use enough lube to slide the injectors in place properly... again USE A TON OF VASELINE!!!

Old 05-02-2017, 12:17 PM   #20965
Halobb

Quote:
1) get new o-rings (top AND bottom), cap bushings and injector seats
2) take caps off injectors with phillips head screwdriver and unplug injectors
3) put BOTH screws back into holes next to injectors
4) get 2 flat head screw drivers, pry injectors out using screws for leverage as there are 2 slots in each injector for the screwdriver head to go in, then remove screws again
5) pull/roll old o-rings off injectors
6) roll new o-rings onto injectors
7) insert new cap bushings into tops of caps in the same way old ones were set
8) insert new injector bushings into intake manifold the same way old ones were set
9) apply vaseline around base of injector bushing holes in intake manifold
10) apply a TON of vaseline to inside of fuel rail toward the bottoms where the injector pintles seat and around the center area where the upper injector rings seat
11) apply a TON of vaseline to o-ring areas (top AND bottom o-rings) on physical injectors themselves
12) insert injectors 1 by 1 back into fuel rail. there will be a noticeable drop in the injector when it seats properly. you can turn it back and forth and bit while reinserting to help seat the injector properly.
13) reinstall injector caps with new cap bushings
14) clean up.

you MAY want to disconnect the line running from your fuel pressure regulator to relieve any built up fuel pressure in the rail (this WILL cause fuel to leak out a bit until the FPR and the fuel rail have drained). its best to leave the car sitting for a few hours and not driving it prior to doing the above just to avoid fuel spraying out due to built up pressure.

and when i say apply a TON of vaseline to the fuel rail and fuel injectors, i mean a TON. this will keep you from ripping, tearing or scarring any of the o-rings. vaseline is petroleum based which means it will dissolve when fuel makes contact with it and burn off in the cylinder chamber with no issues. replacing injectors is a fairly straightforward process. if everything is back together and sealed properly, crank the car over a few times until it starts, it will stutter a bit when started and this is normal. the car will begin running normal after 10-15 seconds. if the car is running like a Subaru and youre missing a cylinder, it means you didnt seat one of the injectors properly and its leaking fuel into the cylinder... if this happens, you will need to pull the injector again and re-seat plus yank your spark plug, take your plug wires out of each cylinder and crank the motor with a paper towel in the spark plug chamber to force the excess fuel out, but this is fairly uncommon if you use enough lube to slide the injectors in place properly... again USE A TON OF VASELINE!!!

See this is the part where the leak is happening. Thanks for the write up but I'm. It too sure if it'll fix where the problem is originating, keep in mind I'll do as you advised because it is an old car haha. its behind the last injector, it's not the tube either, it's the metal thing with the two screws vertically. I'm sorry I don't know what is called :/

Old 05-02-2017, 12:19 PM   #20966
Halobb

Old 05-02-2017, 12:35 PM   #20967
LoSt180
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (18)
LoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 18 reviews
Quote:
See this is the part where the leak is happening. Thanks for the write up but I'm. It too sure if it'll fix where the problem is originating, keep in mind I'll do as you advised because it is an old car haha. its behind the last injector, it's not the tube either, it's the metal thing with the two screws vertically. I'm sorry I don't know what is called :/
That's the fuel pressure regulator. Might just need a new O-ring. Hopefully the fuel rail itself isn't cracked, but that's pretty rare.
LoSt180 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2017, 12:41 PM   #20968
Halobb

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoSt180 View Post
That's the fuel pressure regulator. Might just need a new O-ring. Hopefully the fuel rail itself isn't cracked, but that's pretty rare.

I doubt it's cracked because I can actually SEE the fuel coming out of the bottom there. All the other injectors and stuff are dry no issues there. Now my question is would I need to take the fuel rail off to replace the o ring? Or could I somehow just tighten it up even though a normal sized screw driver would not fit haha.

-fresh 240 owner [emoji23]

Old 05-02-2017, 12:50 PM   #20969
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

go get a new fuel pressure regulator, unscrew the old one, install new one, tighten everything down... DONE!

Old 05-02-2017, 02:13 PM   #20970
anti tyler
GM2 (SW/AW)

Trader Rating: (37)
anti tyler is close to perfectionanti tyler is close to perfectionanti tyler is close to perfectionanti tyler is close to perfectionanti tyler is close to perfectionanti tyler is close to perfectionanti tyler is close to perfectionanti tyler is close to perfectionanti tyler is close to perfectionanti tyler is close to perfectionanti tyler is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 37 reviews
Send a message via AIM to anti tyler Send a message via Yahoo to anti tyler
Quote:
go get a new fuel pressure regulator, unscrew the old one, install new one, tighten everything down... DONE!
your answer^

Quote:
I doubt it's cracked because I can actually SEE the fuel coming out of the bottom there. All the other injectors and stuff are dry no issues there. Now my question is would I need to take the fuel rail off to replace the o ring? Or could I somehow just tighten it up even though a normal sized screw driver would not fit haha.

-fresh 240 owner [emoji23]

You can leave the rail on, or you can unbolt it and take it off. It really doesn't matter how you do it. You're just leaving yourself open to mess something more important up (injector seating) if you take the rail off entirely.
but that shyt has SWAG

KA-T for life!
Current for sale advertisement

anti tyler is offline   Reply With Quote