Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 12-16-2015, 09:57 AM   #31
Reece
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (8)
Reece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymore
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
I think VIS makes those bumpers for cheap.

Please buy one. Please repaint it to its old color. Judging by the car in your signature I'm sure you can do it.
Reece is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-16-2015, 10:29 AM   #32
spooled240
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (27)
spooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by turboshoebox View Post
Thats a greddy s14 lip lol

OP, you could probably fit an oem r33 gtr lip on that bumper and it would look good.
spooled240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2015, 01:45 PM   #33
turboshoebox
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (0)
turboshoebox is not welcome here anymoreturboshoebox is not welcome here anymoreturboshoebox is not welcome here anymoreturboshoebox is not welcome here anymoreturboshoebox is not welcome here anymoreturboshoebox is not welcome here anymoreturboshoebox is not welcome here anymoreturboshoebox is not welcome here anymoreturboshoebox is not welcome here anymoreturboshoebox is not welcome here anymoreturboshoebox is not welcome here anymore
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Ur gonna need to remold the missing flares on the front bumper and modify the r33 bomex front lip again to fit
turboshoebox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2015, 07:28 PM   #34
Slammed Assassin
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (34)
Slammed Assassin has much to be proud ofSlammed Assassin has much to be proud ofSlammed Assassin has much to be proud ofSlammed Assassin has much to be proud ofSlammed Assassin has much to be proud ofSlammed Assassin has much to be proud ofSlammed Assassin has much to be proud ofSlammed Assassin has much to be proud ofSlammed Assassin has much to be proud ofSlammed Assassin has much to be proud ofSlammed Assassin has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 34 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Slammed Assassin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reece View Post
I think VIS makes those bumpers for cheap.

Please buy one. Please repaint it to its old color. Judging by the car in your signature I'm sure you can do it.
Yes they have it for 100 my price.

I built the car in my signature 5 years ago. And gone through tons since. When on building Lexus's but the 240 life always seems to pull me back. Lol
Old 12-16-2015, 08:36 PM   #35
EDacIouSX
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (53)
EDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 53 reviews
Send a message via ICQ to EDacIouSX Send a message via AIM to EDacIouSX Send a message via MSN to EDacIouSX Send a message via Yahoo to EDacIouSX
Sorry guys.... I remember when this issue came out when i was like 14 or whatever. it was hideous then... and it's still hideous.

R33 bumpers just don't belong on anything but a R33. With that said... car looks like it's still in reasonable shape. Good luck with the work though, it'll be a bit before it gets back to what it was.
EDacIouSX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2015, 10:05 PM   #36
turboshoebox
Zilvia Addict

turboshoebox is not welcome here anymoreturboshoebox is not welcome here anymoreturboshoebox is not welcome here anymoreturboshoebox is not welcome here anymoreturboshoebox is not welcome here anymoreturboshoebox is not welcome here anymoreturboshoebox is not welcome here anymoreturboshoebox is not welcome here anymoreturboshoebox is not welcome here anymoreturboshoebox is not welcome here anymoreturboshoebox is not welcome here anymore
Old 01-01-2016, 01:27 PM   #37
SilverF4Turbo

SilverF4Turbo is an unknown quantity at this point
Hey,

Non S-car owner, but came across this (actually fairly recent) thread randomly this morning when I was thinking of Non Fujita for some reason which led me to the 1999 Super Street article and via google images of his car with an 'illest' sticker this thread.

Just wanted to say that your project is awesome and thank you for doing this. That car was not only iconic for S-cars but also the early import tuning scene and bourgeoning JDM scene. If you read the old Super Street article there wasn't even a word for what he was doing at the time: they just called it his proclivity towards using 'Japanese spec' parts. The last paragraph mentions 'japanese' modifications as a 'new thing' on the west coast I love even that the car isn't slammed whatsoever or more modern tuning conventions. I was just getting into car tuning around then and seeing this thread makes me nostalgic for that era.

Put it up there with LJ Garcia's FEELS civic or other legendary SpoCom era cars. I wish you success with the build and look forward to the updates!
SilverF4Turbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2016, 02:52 PM   #38
Slammed Assassin
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (34)
Slammed Assassin has much to be proud ofSlammed Assassin has much to be proud ofSlammed Assassin has much to be proud ofSlammed Assassin has much to be proud ofSlammed Assassin has much to be proud ofSlammed Assassin has much to be proud ofSlammed Assassin has much to be proud ofSlammed Assassin has much to be proud ofSlammed Assassin has much to be proud ofSlammed Assassin has much to be proud ofSlammed Assassin has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 34 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Slammed Assassin
Update! Sadly I have sold the car. I'm very bummed I couldn't restore the build but I left it in good hands. New owner lives near Edwards AFB. Any locals will most likely spot it. I decided my pops needed a new daily so I made the decision to let it go to help out. I hope the journey of this car continues in a positive direction. Thank everyone who followed this thread.
Old 01-07-2016, 09:52 PM   #39
turboshoebox
Zilvia Addict

the balls are blue
Old 01-07-2016, 11:05 PM   #40
jdhariwal
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (1)
jdhariwal is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
weeeeeeeeeakkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk
jdhariwal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2016, 07:44 AM   #41
OBEEWON
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (9)
OBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
This is like waking up 8am and seeing a "you up?" text from a shorty from 3am.
Old 01-08-2016, 07:53 AM   #42
RB25GUY
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (9)
RB25GUY is a name known to allRB25GUY is a name known to allRB25GUY is a name known to allRB25GUY is a name known to allRB25GUY is a name known to allRB25GUY is a name known to allRB25GUY is a name known to allRB25GUY is a name known to allRB25GUY is a name known to allRB25GUY is a name known to allRB25GUY is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by OBEEWON View Post
This is like waking up 8am and seeing a "you up?" text from a shorty from 3am.
bahhhahaha
RB25GUY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2016, 08:09 AM   #43
SoundEfx
Zilvia FREAK!

SoundEfx is an unknown quantity at this point
Props to you for taking the hit and helping your family out.
Nuff respect.
Old 01-08-2016, 11:54 PM   #44
Reece
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (8)
Reece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymore
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Sad to see it go but sounds like you did it for a good reason which I respect a lot.
Reece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2016, 12:00 AM   #45
Matej
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (39)
Matej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 39 reviews
Who/what is Non Fujita? Is it a brand of cigarettes?
Matej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2016, 06:49 PM   #46
dr_
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (6)
dr_ is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
The car is alive and well. Sort of. It's been up and down on my lift when I have the time and/or my parts actually arrive in a timely fashion.

By the end of February the car will have half its front subframe replaced plus bits and pieces of the rear, and the motor is going to be torn down sometime in April to ensure everything is fresh and ready. After that, a turbo upgrade. Aiming for about 430 whp on a conservative tune. Longer term, the paint is going to be near what non had.. (I actually really have a thing for brown toned paint, my Tundra made me fall in love with it). Plus the bumper is obviously going to be dealt with.

Also, nearly the entire interior is being replaced bit by bit with new OEM trim and what not. The car is pretty ragged out. The wiring also needs to more or less be redone but I have no expirence with that, so it will have to wait until April as well.

I had a stroke of fuckery and debated selling off what I have for my other kouki ls3 swap and just buying a Tomei advanced spec, but I'm not sure I'm all that willing to put 17k into an rb26.
dr_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2016, 09:07 PM   #47
izzy-
Zilvia Member

izzy- is an unknown quantity at this point
Remove the wing too man. This car could be dope.
izzy- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2016, 11:16 PM   #48
dr_
Zilvia Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by izzy- View Post
Remove the wing too man. This car could be dope.
It will be removed. It reminds me of nascar or something.

I forgot to mention earlier, the only thing that will not be returned to form... Is the title. It is now titled out of state, in a state that requires no front plates(ruins cars), and no emission inspections what so ever. I'm military so it's 100% legal, however the title transferred strangely between states and I now have a clean title 97 with 30k miles yet no odo discrepancies. Not a big deal because the car fax shows the miles accurately.

Just felt I should mention this since I'm sure the car had been Cali titled for all/most of its life.
Old 01-23-2016, 07:34 AM   #49
brndck
Premium Member

Trader Rating: (130)
brndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 130 reviews
Send a message via AIM to brndck
really glad to see this journey continue in a good direction man!!!

http://outslidersandsmokeproduce.blogspot.com/
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mannykiller View Post
it'll fit JANK.. and no one likes Jank except Broke ass zilvians.
brndck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2016, 08:02 AM   #50
SoundEfx
Zilvia FREAK!

SoundEfx is an unknown quantity at this point
May the rebuild commence.
Old 01-23-2016, 11:22 AM   #51
ixfxi
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
ixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by dr_ View Post
The car is alive and well. Sort of. It's been up and down on my lift when I have the time and/or my parts actually arrive in a timely fashion.
hey guys.....

i think this dude is the new owner.

:-P
ixfxi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2016, 11:42 AM   #52
dr_
Zilvia Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ixfxi View Post
hey guys.....

i think this dude is the new owner.

:-P
Maybe. Who knows.

I swear frsport will "backorder" every order of mine for at least 2 weeks regardless of whether they have the parts in stock or not. Looks like it's time to start canceling orders and making the 2 hour drive.

Also, what does everyone do about leaking Ps pumps? Both of my koukis are leaking from the pump itself or at least it appears.
Old 02-10-2016, 11:16 AM   #53
dr_
Zilvia Member

Slight change of direction with the front end set. I've decided to go full PBM limit break + overs. I'm also looking into their cages. Also looking for something smaller than the 19in ES2s on the car to hold me over for a few events.

Does anyone know of any good haltech tuners in the area? I'm thinking of going that route but it seems a lot easier to stick with apexi as far as tuner availability.
Old 09-13-2016, 02:39 PM   #54
Kadafi2k

Kadafi2k is an unknown quantity at this point
Wow crazy. I'm the one who boutique the car from James at g dimension. I was trying to buy it back after but once I saw they painted it changed the car completely I backed away can still be a bad ass cars though . Good luck I still have all the memorabilia like original magazines that came with the car somewhere
Kadafi2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2016, 12:27 AM   #55
dr_
Zilvia Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kadafi2k View Post
Wow crazy. I'm the one who boutique the car from James at g dimension. I was trying to buy it back after but once I saw they painted it changed the car completely I backed away can still be a bad ass cars though . Good luck I still have all the memorabilia like original magazines that came with the car somewhere
replied to your PM. I swear every month one of the old owners gets ahold of me and pieces of the car's history get patched together. I've even talked to relatives of nons. It's all pretty cool, I think.

I really haven't touched anything on the exterior yet. Half of me wants to rip every panel off and start anew, but we shall see. The look is definitely outdated but it grew on me, some parts at least.
I wasn't going to really update this thread and maybe start a new one but oh well.
So far, the car has had the following done, all BRAND new parts

Drivetrain
-BW8374 paired with full-race twin scroll manifold w/ Tial 44mm WGs
-pipework to match
-CM 850 twin plate
-ID2000s
-dual feed radium fuel rail
-fuelab fpr
-custom catch can
-new FMIC
-koyo dual pass rad
-Spal fans with custom shroud
-Haltech plug and play
-e85 flex fuel sensor
-teflon lines all around
-radium surge tank w/ dual 044s w/ dedicated relays
-threw some LS2 coils in there, which removed the ignitor box
-oil pan dropped and dents removed
-engine harness removed and cleaned up. it was pretty ragged
-new seals for motor/trans
-battery relocation redone. also was ragged
-new hoses here and there
-all the little things here and there

Susp/brakes
The car had pretty much stock susp. minus coils and tension rods and was in rough shape. BOTH front bearings went within 300 miles
-2 new front hubs
-PBM limit break front set plus some (FLCAs, powerbrace, tension rods, links, knuckles etc)
-various PBM bushings
-PBM pro coilovers
-PBM rear drop knuckles, toe rods and RUCAs
-rotors resurfaced
-rebuilt front calipers, powdercoated black, Ferado pads
-18" RPF1s, RSRRs up front, 595s out back (more or less temporary until I find out what I want to do with the body and then spec wheels from that point)

-other stuff I forget, tons of little things

Heater box, blower motor, pretty much everything under the dash was removed because it was all in suspect condition, and this obviously isn't a daily. The seats and carpet are okay and pretty much all the interior is there, but of course non left 4 gaping holds in the dash. I still have those HKS gauges though.

I spent nearly a month cleaning the massive amount of dust and grime that was EVERYWHERE. The car was really in shitty condition. Headlights are sketch, front singals don't work/wiring was ghetto. After a ton of cleaning, detailing etc, the car was looking okay until the 19s that were on at the time cracked the flares a bit when pulling into a driveway with the limit break kit, which will probably drive me to go back to OEM spec. If I'm paying for paint, it's not gonna be on this aero and that's that. Sadly my rpf1s came in the next day after the flares cracked I spent a lot of time replacing all sorts of random bs until I decided to more or less rebuild with the parts above. I managed to fix the leaky ps pump which was awesome.
I even found one of the nifty little old school nismo badges non had stuck on this side of the car under the carpet when I was cleaning.

Shout out to Animal Auto, a lot of the fab/custom/bay work is done up at their shop. And shout out to Parts shop max for all the help with the limit break kit piecing together.
Old 10-03-2016, 10:28 PM   #56
dr_
Zilvia Member

Small update, a few more parts added, as well as the car dynoing at 533whp and 434 ft lbs. still a lot left to pull out, just need some tweaking first. I'll have pics soon to throw up.
Old 04-19-2017, 11:15 PM   #57
dr_
Zilvia Member

I've been trying to throw some photos up the last few days but photobucket is being shit.
The car has been fully caged along with new seats and other goodies. Next the motor is coming out to clean up the bay and throw on a Tomei oil pump and spline tec drives, interior paint and a nice new racepak. Then hopefully I'll be able to figure out a decent dash setup and get some interior back in. I've been getting sent all over the place for work and soon the car is going to need to be put in storage or sold if I get sent back overseas. The bay is in desperate need of some tidying, along with some new paint on the covers and a polished intake manifold.
I have better pics but not on my phone. Mind the track day wheels.

Old 04-20-2017, 07:23 AM   #58
sickstatus
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (15)
sickstatus is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 15 reviews
Send a message via AIM to sickstatus
Sweet. Keep it up.
Old 05-02-2017, 12:06 AM   #59
dr_
Zilvia Member

So I've received an interesting trade offer involving a Supra, however I just got back to CA and won't be able to check anything out for a few days. .
On the other hand, I finally found an issue of Import Tuner. Signed, too. Just one more cover feature from modified mag and I think I'll have them all.

Old 05-02-2017, 06:17 AM   #60
BayS13
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (4)
BayS13 is just really niceBayS13 is just really niceBayS13 is just really niceBayS13 is just really niceBayS13 is just really niceBayS13 is just really niceBayS13 is just really niceBayS13 is just really niceBayS13 is just really nice
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by dr_ View Post
So I've received an interesting trade offer involving a Supra, however I just got back to CA and won't be able to check anything out for a few days. .
On the other hand, I finally found an issue of Import Tuner. Signed, too. Just one more cover feature from modified mag and I think I'll have them all.

That is the first Super Street I ever owned!! The "Right hand rides" section is what got me into "good" cars!