Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk

Tech Talk Technical Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 09-27-2016, 11:20 AM   #1
slow92
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (16)
slow92 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 16 reviews
Injectors not firing

I have Mazworx SR22DET using a Haltech Platinum Sport 1000 and the tuner can not get the injectors to fire. I have googled this problem and others have had the same issue but no one seems to post what the solution was. The injectors are ID2000's and the motor ran with this set up on a Haltech E8. Once the Sport 1000 was hooked up the injectors won't fire. Wondering if anyone has ran into this issue and what they did to fix it. I am pretty sure it is a programming issue.

BTW, all of the common issues have looked into like TPS Calibration and CAS.
Old 09-27-2016, 05:43 PM   #2
Whtsr240
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
Whtsr240 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by slow92 View Post
I have Mazworx SR22DET using a Haltech Platinum Sport 1000 and the tuner can not get the injectors to fire. I have googled this problem and others have had the same issue but no one seems to post what the solution was. The injectors are ID2000's and the motor ran with this set up on a Haltech E8. Once the Sport 1000 was hooked up the injectors won't fire. Wondering if anyone has ran into this issue and what they did to fix it. I am pretty sure it is a programming issue.

this may be dumb but when you switched from the M8 to the 1000 did you or the tuner make sure that that signal pulse for the injectors was in the right place for the 1000 ECU. IF anything talk to Haltech they are awesome and I am sure they will help you out..
Whtsr240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2016, 08:02 PM   #3
slow92
Zilvia Junkie

I am not for sure. Supposedly the tuner sent haltech a screen shot of everything and Haltech said it looked fine. Haltech never responded about the no injector issue. The shop is slammed and the tuner has basically pushed my car to the back of the shop where it has sat for the past month and a half. So I think it is probably an easy fix but he doesn't want to spend the time to troubleshoot. So I thought I would see what the zilvia gurus had to say and hopefully give the tuner a direct fix so he will finish my car.
Old 09-27-2016, 08:53 PM   #4
Whtsr240
Leaky Injector

Quote:
I am not for sure. Supposedly the tuner sent haltech a screen shot of everything and Haltech said it looked fine. Haltech never responded about the no injector issue. The shop is slammed and the tuner has basically pushed my car to the back of the shop where it has sat for the past month and a half. So I think it is probably an easy fix but he doesn't want to spend the time to troubleshoot. So I thought I would see what the zilvia gurus had to say and hopefully give the tuner a direct fix so he will finish my car.
I would look up on the Haltech web site the pin lay out for your ECU and see is the injectors single line goes to where its supposed to. I am sorry you have been with out your car for a whole month that's shitty. What tuner or shop you have it at?
Old 09-28-2016, 08:37 PM   #5
Karlhammer
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (4)
Karlhammer is making a name for him/her selfKarlhammer is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
How does the ecu wire into the car? Is it plug and play?
Karlhammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2016, 08:58 PM   #6
Whtsr240
Leaky Injector

Quote:

When you switched from the E8 to the 1000 you didn't get the Platinum Pro Plug-in Series one did you? or did you get the actual Platinum Sport 1000
Old 09-29-2016, 09:45 AM   #7
Karlhammer
Leaky Injector

Karlhammer is making a name for him/her selfKarlhammer is making a name for him/her self
yea cause the platinum sport is kind of a piggy back. I mean they work but its not a plug and play box. They only Haltech thats plug and play is pinned for a s15.
Old 09-29-2016, 11:46 AM   #8
Whtsr240
Leaky Injector

We'll that's not true. I spoke with haltech before and I have a sr20 that came out a 180sx type x and the s14/15 use the same harness so they said it will work but that is for me. We'll it ain't really a piggy back it just needs to be repinned. So since you have that I would look and see what the pins are for the injectors on the E8 and see if they match for the 1000

Sent from my SM-G360V using Tapatalk
Old 09-29-2016, 11:59 AM   #9
Karlhammer
Leaky Injector

Is the stock ecu still used in conjunction with the platinum sport box or it is a full stand alone? and Whtsr240 you used a s14/15 harness on your non vct sr20?
Old 09-29-2016, 12:04 PM   #10
Whtsr240
Leaky Injector

No. I have the stock type x harness. The plug and is the same for the s14/15 and are the outputs are the same to the same pins just your vct wouldn't work cause there is no out out for it. I asked re same question to the guys at haltech and they said it was fine. Right now I am running a nistune gonna switch to a haltech soon

Old 09-29-2016, 02:17 PM   #11
slow92
Zilvia Junkie

I bought the plug and play 1000 because I already had the plug and play set up with the E8 and haltech said this was perfectly compatible with one another.
Old 09-29-2016, 02:19 PM   #12
Whtsr240
Leaky Injector

Compatible yes meaning the plugs would fit into those plugs but as far as the wiring goes and where the pins are supposed to go for the ECU that may be different

Old 09-29-2016, 02:57 PM   #13
Karlhammer
Leaky Injector

yea +1 for checking the pinout.
Old 11-19-2016, 02:16 PM   #14
slow92
Zilvia Junkie

I hate when people post problems on here and then never list the solution.

So, there was nothing wrong with the engine mechanically and the pin outs from converting from an E8 to Platinum Sport 1000 is exactly the same. So after three months of my tuner trying to get a hold of a Haltech rep, it was determined that somehow the software file was corrupt and thus, the platinum sport 1000 was not accepting the changes made on the laptop. After Haltech e-mailed a new software file, my car fired right up.

Thanks for everyone's help and suggestions.