Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 12-28-2011, 02:11 PM   #1
jacobzking
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (3)
jacobzking is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
S14 Top Speed (TopSpeed) exhaust fitment? Anyone have one?

I just bought one yesterday (they are local to me) and put it on but where the muffler bolts to the mid section, the flange is right on the subframe. Anyone have one of these installed? Any fitment issues?

I can't finish installing the exhaust till I get a test pipe because my old exhaust was welded to the cat (picking up test pipe later today).
jacobzking is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-28-2011, 03:37 PM   #2

Trader Rating: (0)
LOADING... is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
I Dont have that brand but i have a different full 3" catback and i have the same problem. The flange is touching the subframe. the only time it makes noise is if i have the a/c on for long periods of time in traffic, it will have a slight vibration. but as far as fitment i have not had a problem. Hope this helps.
Old 12-28-2011, 03:54 PM   #3
jacobzking
Zilvia Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LOADING... View Post
I Dont have that brand but i have a different full 3" catback and i have the same problem. The flange is touching the subframe. the only time it makes noise is if i have the a/c on for long periods of time in traffic, it will have a slight vibration. but as far as fitment i have not had a problem. Hope this helps.
Thanks for the reply! I MAY take it to a muffler shop and see if they can just remove the 2 flanges and weld the 2 pieces together. Have em toss a resonator in there while they're at it (I don't want too loud), especially since I'm having to run a straight pipe.
Old 12-28-2011, 04:23 PM   #4

Trader Rating: (0)
LOADING... is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
np man. My exhaust is actually super quiet for a 3" catback, and my cat is fully gutted also. maybe it's because it's still new * i had it for about a month* im thinking of unbolting the can section and getting some blastpipes made with a flange so i can change them from time to time lol
Old 12-28-2011, 07:11 PM   #5
soreballz
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (22)
soreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 22 reviews
Send a message via AIM to soreballz
A friend of mine had a Topspeed catback for his S13. It didn't fit right, either. The hangers weren't positioned right, and it sat at an awkward angle. It actually pointed downward a little bit.
Your issue doesn't surprise me a bit.
Last time I checked this is a Zilvia not a fucking group session to deal with self-esteem issues where everyone is a winner and cares about you, your individuality and lack of taste.
soreballz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2011, 11:23 PM   #6
jacobzking
Zilvia Member

i got it all put together tonight and overall the fitment is pretty good. hangers all lined up, the angle of the tip is good, etc... it's jus that they should have moved that flange either an inch or two forward or backward so it wasn't right on the damn subframe.

since i just replaced pretty much every bit of suspension on my car, the alignment is WAY TOO far off to drive at the moment, so I don't yet know if its gonna rattle, but I'll post an update in a few days.