Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Off Topic Chat

Off Topic Chat All non related chat goes here.

Old 02-20-2017, 01:53 PM   #1
sentradude
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (14)
sentradude is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
Post Housing Market - Specifically Southern California

So, I am sure there are a lot of investors, maybe a few realtors and lenders that are on this forum. Wondering what everyones take is on todays housing market? As rent keeps going up and homes are become less affordable - makes me think we are in for another housing bubble? Maybe not as severe, but it sure feels like. So just wondering what everyones thinking, bubble? No bubble? If bubble, how long etc? Have a great day!
sentradude is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-20-2017, 02:50 PM   #2
S14kouki805
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (5)
S14kouki805 has much to be proud ofS14kouki805 has much to be proud ofS14kouki805 has much to be proud ofS14kouki805 has much to be proud ofS14kouki805 has much to be proud ofS14kouki805 has much to be proud ofS14kouki805 has much to be proud ofS14kouki805 has much to be proud ofS14kouki805 has much to be proud ofS14kouki805 has much to be proud ofS14kouki805 has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Hmmm, interesting...

My first thought was that we are in a small bubble. Rates have gone up a full point since Trump got into office, that has softened the housing market and as interest rates increase (as predicted) throughout the year I believe IMHO that home values will soften.

Tension in the US and worldwide as well as imminent threat of war will definitely impact the housing market. It is a very turbulent time to say the least. My gut tells me to wait on making my next purchase. If rates continue to increase you will see prices fall.

At the advice of my CPA, it is better to purchase at a lower value and higher rate since you will be paying on a lower principal balance. If and when the rates drop again you will be in a better position to refinance since your loan to value will be lower.

Just my 2 cents for whatever its worth
S14kouki805 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2017, 03:05 PM   #3
spooled240
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (27)
spooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by S14kouki805 View Post
At the advice of my CPA, it is better to purchase at a lower value and higher rate since you will be paying on a lower principal balance. If and when the rates drop again you will be in a better position to refinance since your loan to value will be lower.
I was just talking to a buddy of mine about this and thought the same thing. I haven't ran the numbers, but it makes sense. You can refinance to get a lower rate, but you can't refinance your balance to a lower amount.
spooled240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2017, 08:27 AM   #4
ZenkiKid
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (9)
ZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by S14kouki805 View Post

Just my 2 cents for whatever its worth

This is great advice. I WAS thinking about buying this year but the prices where I live (San Diego) are outrageous. Its really telling when a Loan Officer tells you straight up that its a tough time to buy right now.

(I have amazing credit and good DTI ratio for those wondering)
ZenkiKid is offline   Reply With Quote