Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Motorsports and Skilled Driving

Motorsports and Skilled Driving Discussion for Organized Racing and motorsports and tips and techniques at becoming a better driver.

Old 01-14-2014, 01:12 AM   #31
ZcarSX

Trader Rating: (0)
ZcarSX is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
back in high school i had a 1987 ford turbo coupe 3800lbs and 260hp 325lbs torque 24psi. off the stock turbo and intercooler. I could hit 150 pretty quick but the car was too heavy without a ebrake to drift i will admit that the 8.8 lsd rear end was really good for 75+ mph powerslides on some freeways and 40+ powerslides on country highways. but an lsd makes a huge difference.

One wheel wonders dont go sideways.
ZcarSX is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-14-2014, 08:02 AM   #32
sleepyS14se
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (3)
sleepyS14se is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
^ ooooook. thank you for telling us
Old 01-15-2014, 08:47 AM   #33
nathanong87
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (6)
nathanong87 is a well-known jackass
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scope240sx View Post
hey OP maybe its the RACE land coilovers, try quality shocks/springs! those racelands probably make your car look like this when "drifting"
hahahahaha
Old 01-15-2014, 02:25 PM   #34
s13_whoa
Zilvia Member

s13_whoa is an unknown quantity at this point
Lol man this thread kills me. Thanks everyone who gave informative advice. I shoulda thought about making this thread beforehand. About a week after i posted this thread i slapped on that weldy i had laying around. & i understood the BIG difference. & as for the person who talked about my cheap shitty coils, i already know that. But i got it as a gift so i couldnt complain. Im not gunna spend more money on coils until these blow out on me.
s13_whoa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 02:44 PM   #35
unwtdhero
BANNED

unwtdhero is making his/her stupidity well-knownunwtdhero is making his/her stupidity well-knownunwtdhero is making his/her stupidity well-known
Op said it, this thread was pointless.
Now may any "open diff drifters" read this (assuming they know how to search) and avoid the embarrassment of such elementary posts.
unwtdhero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2014, 08:09 PM   #36
BoostSlideWayz
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (1)
BoostSlideWayz is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to BoostSlideWayz Send a message via Yahoo to BoostSlideWayz
Yeah like stated before the main problem is the diff... If its not a solid diff that's transfering power equally to both wheels your always going to either have traction on the rears or just one wheel will spin and the other will try to grip.

Id say a welded diff is the most cost effective way to get started. Personally i know alot of welders and they are good friends and do this stuff for me for free. Id say however that arc welding the diff is probably the best way because its a very strong weld. The guy that did mine used his arc welder on my diff years ago, and when he was finished it literally looked like the inner teeth were actually melted together instead of just weld sitting ontop of them. Still solid to this day.
Old 05-03-2014, 12:15 PM   #37
rustys13o_0

rustys13o_0 is an unknown quantity at this point
Welding a diff is a style of drifting, open diff isn't pointless. Theres fundamentals to driving. If I could drift all day with a open diff I would, otherwise I'd buy a lsd. My s series is a down car so I get to play with a welded.

Sent from my RM-917_nam_usa_100 using Tapatalk
rustys13o_0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2014, 12:22 PM   #38
bataangpinoy
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (7)
bataangpinoy is not welcome here anymorebataangpinoy is not welcome here anymorebataangpinoy is not welcome here anymorebataangpinoy is not welcome here anymorebataangpinoy is not welcome here anymorebataangpinoy is not welcome here anymorebataangpinoy is not welcome here anymorebataangpinoy is not welcome here anymorebataangpinoy is not welcome here anymorebataangpinoy is not welcome here anymorebataangpinoy is not welcome here anymore
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by rustys13o_0 View Post
Welding a diff is a style of drifting, open diff isn't pointless. Theres fundamentals to driving. If I could drift all day with a open diff I would, otherwise I'd buy a lsd. My s series is a down car so I get to play with a welded.

Sent from my RM-917_nam_usa_100 using Tapatalk
I'm gonna call b.s.

While you can slide an open diff, its not easy, and its not fun. Most people spend more time struggling than learning.

also, nice job bumping an old thread.
bataangpinoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2014, 12:33 PM   #39
fliprayzin240sx
Man w/ CTSV & a Car Seat

Trader Rating: (19)
fliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Send a message via AIM to fliprayzin240sx
Trying to drift an open diff is counter productive. The car's natural tendency is to straighten itself out when the inside wheel slips and power goes to it.

If you think Zilvia has too many assholes...
CLICK HERE!!!
fliprayzin240sx is offline   Reply With Quote