Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Off Topic Chat

Off Topic Chat All non related chat goes here.

Old 02-17-2010, 10:15 AM   #1
driftsilvias13
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (54)
driftsilvias13 is just really nicedriftsilvias13 is just really nicedriftsilvias13 is just really nicedriftsilvias13 is just really nicedriftsilvias13 is just really nicedriftsilvias13 is just really nicedriftsilvias13 is just really nicedriftsilvias13 is just really nicedriftsilvias13 is just really nicedriftsilvias13 is just really nice
Feedback Score: 54 reviews
Snowboarding!!!

Im sure a lot of zilvians love to snowboard just as much as I do. I go about 3-4 times a week every season. Post pictures of you boarding , your setup, discuss your favorite mountain, gear, etc.

I just switched from a Burton Se7en to a Lib Tech Skate Banana and reverse camber has changed my life! Mt High is my home mountain which is why I love socal. 1 hr to the beach, 1 hr to the mtn. Currently rocking a Burton Cartel Bindings and a System jacket.

Photo from last season
Old 02-17-2010, 10:24 AM   #2
treezzy
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (4)
treezzy is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
cheaa mt. highs the shit ha i always see a bunch of jdm cars in the parking lot bumpin techno or some weeeez see you up ther some time
treezzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2010, 10:59 AM   #3
Iron_Zenki
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (5)
Iron_Zenki is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
I just started out the winter its a pretty bad ass sport but ass did hurt the first day :/ going to buy all my stuff this summer cuz im a cheap bastard and a snowboarding rack for my car :]
Iron_Zenki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2010, 11:44 AM   #4
Vision Garage
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (9)
Vision Garage is close to perfectionVision Garage is close to perfectionVision Garage is close to perfectionVision Garage is close to perfectionVision Garage is close to perfectionVision Garage is close to perfectionVision Garage is close to perfectionVision Garage is close to perfectionVision Garage is close to perfectionVision Garage is close to perfectionVision Garage is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Vision Garage
damn havent snowboarded in like 2 years. I do miss it tho. Still got my gear from back then. ZILVIA SNOWBOARD 2010 TRIP?

Vision Garage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2010, 11:49 AM   #5
driftsilvias13
Nissanaholic!

driftsilvias13 is just really nicedriftsilvias13 is just really nicedriftsilvias13 is just really nicedriftsilvias13 is just really nicedriftsilvias13 is just really nicedriftsilvias13 is just really nicedriftsilvias13 is just really nicedriftsilvias13 is just really nicedriftsilvias13 is just really nicedriftsilvias13 is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by treezzy View Post
cheaa mt. highs the shit ha i always see a bunch of jdm cars in the parking lot bumpin techno or some weeeez see you up ther some time
Haha yeah Mt High rocks. I know sometimes the snow isnt always the best but its so close compared to Bear Mountain, Mammoth, Tahoe. I love the park so that makes up for a lot of it.
Old 02-17-2010, 12:01 PM   #6
Dorifto89
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (0)
Dorifto89 will become famous soon enoughDorifto89 will become famous soon enoughDorifto89 will become famous soon enoughDorifto89 will become famous soon enoughDorifto89 will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
www.splitboard.com
Dorifto89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2010, 12:12 PM   #7
driftsilvias13
Nissanaholic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorifto89 View Post
That concept is cool but I think it is only for backcountry riders.

I dont like it at all.
Old 02-17-2010, 12:21 PM   #8
Dorifto89
Zilvia Junkie

Dorifto89 will become famous soon enoughDorifto89 will become famous soon enoughDorifto89 will become famous soon enoughDorifto89 will become famous soon enoughDorifto89 will become famous soon enough
Earn your turns!
Old 02-17-2010, 01:04 PM   #9
ZilviaKid
Zilvia FREAK!

ZilviaKid is a jewel in the roughZilviaKid is a jewel in the roughZilviaKid is a jewel in the roughZilviaKid is a jewel in the roughZilviaKid is a jewel in the roughZilviaKid is a jewel in the roughZilviaKid is a jewel in the rough
its the only thing worth being in canada for.
Old 02-17-2010, 03:57 PM   #10
tricky_ab
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (23)
tricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
I wish I could make it out more this year...I jacked up my knee playing in door soccer (still playing LOL) and it just doesn't feel right when I'm strapped in. It's a shame too since my friend's little brother is a instructor at Blue Mountain so I can get free lift tickets!
tricky_ab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2010, 04:37 PM   #11
pignose4life
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (2)
pignose4life is just really nicepignose4life is just really nicepignose4life is just really nicepignose4life is just really nicepignose4life is just really nicepignose4life is just really nicepignose4life is just really nicepignose4life is just really nicepignose4life is just really nice
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to pignose4life
just wait for skidazzle in september or october i forget when it is, anyways they have really good snow shit for cheap. you can get nice boards for 120 bindings for like 50 bucks and boots are really cheap too.
pignose4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2010, 04:50 PM   #12
ryguy
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (5)
ryguy is close to perfectionryguy is close to perfectionryguy is close to perfectionryguy is close to perfectionryguy is close to perfectionryguy is close to perfectionryguy is close to perfectionryguy is close to perfectionryguy is close to perfectionryguy is close to perfectionryguy is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
I only go once a year, but it's one of my favorite things to do. What mountain do you guys recommend within driving distance of San Diego, I'm going in March to see my cousin and we might go boarding.

ryguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2010, 11:32 AM   #13
PNgo12
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (19)
PNgo12 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by pignose4life View Post
just wait for skidazzle in september or october i forget when it is, anyways they have really good snow shit for cheap. you can get nice boards for 120 bindings for like 50 bucks and boots are really cheap too.
skidazzle is around the end of october, but yeah everything at skidazzle is dirt cheap some resorts even give out free lift tickets, i might hit up mt high tonight for night boarding too
PNgo12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2010, 04:47 PM   #14
Adam496
Zilvia Addict

Adam496 is making a name for him/her selfAdam496 is making a name for him/her selfAdam496 is making a name for him/her self
I try to go 3-4 days a week. I ride mountain creek and and occasionally loon mountain. Right now im rocking a stepchild jib-stick, flux bindings, and thirty-two prime boots.

Loon

Creek

Adam496 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2010, 08:47 PM   #15
miucus
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (1)
miucus has a reputation beyond reputemiucus has a reputation beyond reputemiucus has a reputation beyond reputemiucus has a reputation beyond reputemiucus has a reputation beyond reputemiucus has a reputation beyond reputemiucus has a reputation beyond reputemiucus has a reputation beyond reputemiucus has a reputation beyond reputemiucus has a reputation beyond reputemiucus has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
i was able to go to whistler this season in late dec before the olympics. it was awesome.
miucus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2010, 02:30 AM   #16
BustedS13
Post Whore!

BustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to BustedS13
thought this said snowballing
never mind guys
Old 02-21-2010, 02:49 AM   #17
kevinphan
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (1)
kevinphan has much to be proud ofkevinphan has much to be proud ofkevinphan has much to be proud ofkevinphan has much to be proud ofkevinphan has much to be proud ofkevinphan has much to be proud ofkevinphan has much to be proud ofkevinphan has much to be proud ofkevinphan has much to be proud ofkevinphan has much to be proud ofkevinphan has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Rome Artifact 07/08, Drake Fifty with Forum toe straps, some 32 boots. Don't ride much anymore heres a picture for the 07/08 season.

180 switch bonk 180 out.
kevinphan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2010, 03:27 AM   #18
BustedS13
Post Whore!

BustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to BustedS13
urban snowboarding
you're like the ninja turtles
Old 02-21-2010, 03:12 PM   #19
eklips3
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (3)
eklips3 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
I love snowboarding ... been doing it for 13 years now.
if any zilvians come up to the canadian rockies check out Sunshine Village. most definatley my favorite mountain up here.

I ride on a Rome Agent board , Burton custom bindings , thirty-two lashed boots. and i ride park only ... well not only but its what i like best.

I've always wondered what the reverse camber boards were like , im a little skeptical , everyone is telling me that they're the shit but i just cant get myself to believe anyone.

1992 240sx (RB20. 362whp@16psi)
eklips3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2010, 04:13 PM   #20
thisisastickup
Zilvia Junkie

thisisastickup is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorifto89 View Post
Or you could try some of these:

I'm a skier, have been my whole life. I'm heading out to Utah to ski for 6 days on spring break, and then moving out there for college in the fall.
thisisastickup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2010, 06:21 PM   #21
Tantwoforty
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (20)
Tantwoforty is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 20 reviews
i went up to bear last weekend.
it was pretty good up there..
but the traffic was crappy..
oh the cluthn leg lol
Tantwoforty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2010, 10:12 AM   #22
driftsilvias13
Nissanaholic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by eklips3 View Post
I love snowboarding ... been doing it for 13 years now.
if any zilvians come up to the canadian rockies check out Sunshine Village. most definatley my favorite mountain up here.

I ride on a Rome Agent board , Burton custom bindings , thirty-two lashed boots. and i ride park only ... well not only but its what i like best.

I've always wondered what the reverse camber boards were like , im a little skeptical , everyone is telling me that they're the shit but i just cant get myself to believe anyone.
I was VERY skeptical as well but you have to at LEAST try it out. It will change everything. I let my friends ride my board and after 1 run they are sold. Even my girlfriend who just learned to carve rode my board and I was seriously struggling to keep up with her. She is selling her brand new board to get something with BTX.

Also good to see other pics! I wish it snowed much more here in socal but you cant beat living here...
Old 02-22-2010, 03:03 PM   #23
xRoguex

xRoguex is an unknown quantity at this point

At the start of this season I sustained 2 minor concussions, so now I wear a helmet. So far it has saved me from 4 more concussions. (couldnt find a picture)

First picture is of me this season, about a month ago. This is only my second year boarding. The second and third picture are of my board, third picture being a picture I took of my board and new sticker on it. The other pictures are just stock photo's of my equipment.
xRoguex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2010, 12:32 AM   #24
driftsilvias13
Nissanaholic!

Mt High is opening tomorrow! Who else has a season pass?!?
Old 11-11-2010, 02:03 AM   #25
Dorifto89
Zilvia Junkie

mmmmmm splitty-bo-bitty! Get educated, stay safe, and earn your turns!!!

"No lift. No problem. Blaze a trail to free-ride freedom on the Solution, the world's first Magne-Traction splitboard. Directional Rocker matched with camber underfoot make the Solution your answer for any line within the sight of your eyes and the reach of your legs."

Also Home @ Spark R&D | The Splitboard Binding Company , Karakoram Backcountry Equipment , and www.splitboard.com
Old 11-11-2010, 02:32 AM   #26
chucky norris
Nissanaholic!

chucky norris is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to chucky norris
i heard from someone big bear bought some new snow making machines. . . . Can any anyone clarify that for me
Old 11-11-2010, 08:35 PM   #27
ZilviaKid
Zilvia FREAK!

ZilviaKid is a jewel in the roughZilviaKid is a jewel in the roughZilviaKid is a jewel in the roughZilviaKid is a jewel in the roughZilviaKid is a jewel in the roughZilviaKid is a jewel in the roughZilviaKid is a jewel in the rough
anyone got boot recommendations? i hate the ones i have now, no feedback at all.
Old 11-12-2010, 12:39 AM   #28
rice_bowl
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (14)
rice_bowl is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
Got my season pass for Mt. High! Can't wait to start the season
Old 11-12-2010, 08:19 AM   #29
driftsilvias13
Nissanaholic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZilviaKid View Post
anyone got boot recommendations? i hate the ones i have now, no feedback at all.
I use Burton Ruler boots since I hate lacing and it has the speed zone lacing system.

If you dont mind lacing NIKE makes some good boots too.
Old 11-12-2010, 12:47 PM   #30
iamtheyi
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (21)
iamtheyi is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 21 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucky norris View Post
i heard from someone big bear bought some new snow making machines. . . . Can any anyone clarify that for me
meaning they got new/better snow makers. They turned them on already to spray that good ol fake snow onto the mountain side.

iamtheyi is offline   Reply With Quote