Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Local / Regional / National > USA > South Western States

South Western States Arizona, California, Hawaii, and Nevada.

Old 06-05-2008, 03:19 PM   #1
jae
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
jae is making a name for him/her selfjae is making a name for him/her selfjae is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
San Diego Meet

The Santee meet was moved to Mira Mesa because it was more centralized i guess.

basically it's gonna be at the Mira Mesa Fuddruckers at 8:00 on Tuesday nights. address is

8285 Mira Mesa Boulevard, Mira Mesa CA 92126

NEW PLACE AND TIME

Guess it's time I update this for anybody who still looks on the front page for info.

So the meet has been moved to the In n Out right off the freeway. It's still in Mira Mesa on Tuesday nights but seems like most people show up around 9 or 9:30 now.

Last edited by jae; 06-17-2010 at 08:50 PM.. Reason: new time
jae is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-05-2008, 03:21 PM   #2
shin_viro
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (5)
shin_viro is a jewel in the roughshin_viro is a jewel in the roughshin_viro is a jewel in the roughshin_viro is a jewel in the roughshin_viro is a jewel in the roughshin_viro is a jewel in the roughshin_viro is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Send a message via AIM to shin_viro
I'll be there
shin_viro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2008, 03:55 PM   #3
Imthel33test
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (4)
Imthel33test has a spectacular aura aboutImthel33test has a spectacular aura aboutImthel33test has a spectacular aura aboutImthel33test has a spectacular aura aboutImthel33test has a spectacular aura aboutImthel33test has a spectacular aura about
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Imthel33test
Ill come by this week, it's on my way to Fusion in clairemont.
Imthel33test is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2008, 04:00 PM   #4
Tidoxp

Tidoxp is an unknown quantity at this point
nice.. collaborating with ford/miata!
Tidoxp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2008, 04:08 PM   #5
jae
Leaky Injector

jae is making a name for him/her selfjae is making a name for him/her selfjae is making a name for him/her self
nah man, we had a bigger meet than those ford and miata folks.
Old 06-05-2008, 10:34 PM   #6
SDS13COUPE
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (19)
SDS13COUPE has a brilliant futureSDS13COUPE has a brilliant futureSDS13COUPE has a brilliant futureSDS13COUPE has a brilliant futureSDS13COUPE has a brilliant futureSDS13COUPE has a brilliant futureSDS13COUPE has a brilliant futureSDS13COUPE has a brilliant futureSDS13COUPE has a brilliant futureSDS13COUPE has a brilliant futureSDS13COUPE has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Mira Mesa is to sketch. GL with the meet though.
SDS13COUPE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2008, 08:35 PM   #7
socal_kouki
Zilvia Junkie

socal_kouki has much to be proud ofsocal_kouki has much to be proud ofsocal_kouki has much to be proud ofsocal_kouki has much to be proud ofsocal_kouki has much to be proud ofsocal_kouki has much to be proud ofsocal_kouki has much to be proud ofsocal_kouki has much to be proud ofsocal_kouki has much to be proud ofsocal_kouki has much to be proud ofsocal_kouki has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by SDS13COUPE View Post
Mira Mesa is to sketch. GL with the meet though.
And CV wasn't?

I leave work in Sorrento Valley at 5ish. Do people still show up for this?
socal_kouki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2008, 08:46 PM   #8
Flipzide
Nissanaholic!

Flipzide is close to perfectionFlipzide is close to perfectionFlipzide is close to perfectionFlipzide is close to perfectionFlipzide is close to perfectionFlipzide is close to perfectionFlipzide is close to perfectionFlipzide is close to perfectionFlipzide is close to perfectionFlipzide is close to perfectionFlipzide is close to perfection
Hahaha... Mira Mesa? no way am I going there.

D-Street.net | bcuison.wordpress.com
Flipzide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2008, 12:33 AM   #9
shin_viro
Zilvia Junkie

shin_viro is a jewel in the roughshin_viro is a jewel in the roughshin_viro is a jewel in the roughshin_viro is a jewel in the roughshin_viro is a jewel in the roughshin_viro is a jewel in the roughshin_viro is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via AIM to shin_viro
what's wrong with mira mesa??
If anyone has any other good spots name them.
We just picked mira mesa cause it's in the middle for people in north and south county.
shin_viro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2008, 01:17 AM   #10
PMSing Chicken
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (21)
PMSing Chicken is making a name for him/her selfPMSing Chicken is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 21 reviews
We should move it back to Santee
Let's just say that SR's are kind of illegal and Mira Mesa has a large import scene.
PMSing Chicken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2008, 01:23 AM   #11
jae
Leaky Injector

santee is a hell of a long drive from north county considering gas prices now, that's why we tried to centralize it to mira mesa so we meet half way.
Old 06-07-2008, 09:37 AM   #12
SDS13COUPE
Zilvia FREAK!

SDS13COUPE has a brilliant futureSDS13COUPE has a brilliant futureSDS13COUPE has a brilliant futureSDS13COUPE has a brilliant futureSDS13COUPE has a brilliant futureSDS13COUPE has a brilliant futureSDS13COUPE has a brilliant futureSDS13COUPE has a brilliant futureSDS13COUPE has a brilliant futureSDS13COUPE has a brilliant futureSDS13COUPE has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by socal_kouki View Post
And CV wasn't?

I leave work in Sorrento Valley at 5ish. Do people still show up for this?
Ahh Jay what. did you not have fun though. That spot is still chill. No cops and good mexican food joint right there, what more do you want.
Old 06-08-2008, 10:47 PM   #13
Imthel33test
Zilvia Member

Imthel33test has a spectacular aura aboutImthel33test has a spectacular aura aboutImthel33test has a spectacular aura aboutImthel33test has a spectacular aura aboutImthel33test has a spectacular aura aboutImthel33test has a spectacular aura about
I don't get it- just don't drive like assholes and you won't get pulled over. I go back and fourth from esco to mira mea and clairemont with my s14 and i've always been fine.

Anyone still going or what?
Old 06-08-2008, 10:51 PM   #14
revat619
Retired General

Trader Rating: (7)
revat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
nothing personal, but with the amount of thefts going on in SD, there's very few people i trust now, so i dont do meets anymore. Things just aren't like they used to be....

Have fun though.
Instagram: @rjsladerade
revat619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2008, 10:59 PM   #15
Marcus
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (18)
Marcus is close to perfectionMarcus is close to perfectionMarcus is close to perfectionMarcus is close to perfectionMarcus is close to perfectionMarcus is close to perfectionMarcus is close to perfectionMarcus is close to perfectionMarcus is close to perfectionMarcus is close to perfectionMarcus is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 18 reviews
damn jay's right. when is this though? i missed it.

and mira mesa blvd?! infested with cops/mad asian gangsters.
im down to roll through though. maybe
Marcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2008, 11:12 PM   #16
MADE
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (1)
MADE has a brilliant futureMADE has a brilliant futureMADE has a brilliant futureMADE has a brilliant futureMADE has a brilliant futureMADE has a brilliant futureMADE has a brilliant futureMADE has a brilliant futureMADE has a brilliant futureMADE has a brilliant futureMADE has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Imthel33test View Post
I don't get it- just don't drive like assholes and you won't get pulled over. I go back and fourth from esco to mira mea and clairemont with my s14 and i've always been fine.

Anyone still going or what?

Yes and no I haven't been pulled over yet but I try to avoid Mira Mesa because is its like shooting fish in a barrel for police. Esp if your in a group.

Quote:
Originally Posted by revat619 View Post
nothing personal, but with the amount of thefts going on in SD, there's very few people i trust now, so i dont do meets anymore. Things just aren't like they used to be....

Have fun though.
+10

How about RB area or the North county mall I don't anyone would even notice your there. There is already a group meeting in Oceanside.
Old 06-08-2008, 11:23 PM   #17
Imthel33test
Zilvia Member

RB? is that a joke? Thats the only place I've ever been to where cops have shown up. Just a heads up.

North county fair isn't a bad idea- I live in Esco, and not much happens here. I'm down.

Anyone go to Clairemont? I've been going to Fusion forever.
Old 06-08-2008, 11:26 PM   #18
ghambino
Zilvia Junkie

ghambino will become famous soon enoughghambino will become famous soon enoughghambino will become famous soon enoughghambino will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by revat619 View Post

Have fun though.
Hey whats up Jay.
FYI: the finals have started and the Lakers lost tonight. Go Celtics .
I smell a four game sweep .

Seriously though a meet in Mira Mesa with all these thefts going on and cops is really not a good idea.
ghambino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2008, 11:34 PM   #19
at23
Zilvia Member

at23 is making a name for him/her selfat23 is making a name for him/her self
Send a message via AIM to at23 Send a message via Yahoo to at23
Quote:
Originally Posted by MADE View Post
Yes and no I haven't been pulled over yet but I try to avoid Mira Mesa because is its like shooting fish in a barrel for police. Esp if your in a group.

+10

How about RB area or the North county mall I don't anyone would even notice your there. There is already a group meeting in Oceanside.
Yeah,they are on Sunday...still small but hopefully it will blow up..its pretty chill up here...i have yet to get any shit from the cops...
at23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2008, 11:53 PM   #20
MADE
Zilvia Addict

MADE has a brilliant futureMADE has a brilliant futureMADE has a brilliant futureMADE has a brilliant futureMADE has a brilliant futureMADE has a brilliant futureMADE has a brilliant futureMADE has a brilliant futureMADE has a brilliant futureMADE has a brilliant futureMADE has a brilliant future
I use to live in RB and never had a problem hell Caminito Del Norte was close to a yupie dragstrip.(+ Hooters) Just throwing out ideas but they have some nice roads going back to Ramona and such.
Old 06-09-2008, 12:06 AM   #21
jae
Leaky Injector

well we chose mira mesa because it was pretty much a fair drive for us from esco and the guys from santee, and we knew there were huge parking lots.

if you guys have a better suggestion where it's not too far a drive for anybody than we'll figure something out but we'll be at fuddruckers on tuesday.
Old 06-09-2008, 12:15 AM   #22
ghambino
Zilvia Junkie

ghambino will become famous soon enoughghambino will become famous soon enoughghambino will become famous soon enoughghambino will become famous soon enough
Its more of a security issue not distance. I used to have a crappy car so attending meets once in a while was no concern. These days I would imagine those with nice cars would be more reluctant to attend mass gatherings.
ghambino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2008, 12:22 AM   #23
Imthel33test
Zilvia Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jae View Post
well we chose mira mesa because it was pretty much a fair drive for us from esco and the guys from santee, and we knew there were huge parking lots.

if you guys have a better suggestion where it's not too far a drive for anybody than we'll figure something out but we'll be at fuddruckers on tuesday.
For shizzle. See you there.
Old 06-09-2008, 12:54 AM   #24
Flipzide
Nissanaholic!

Flipzide is close to perfectionFlipzide is close to perfectionFlipzide is close to perfectionFlipzide is close to perfectionFlipzide is close to perfectionFlipzide is close to perfectionFlipzide is close to perfectionFlipzide is close to perfectionFlipzide is close to perfectionFlipzide is close to perfectionFlipzide is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by Imthel33test View Post
RB? is that a joke? Thats the only place I've ever been to where cops have shown up. Just a heads up.

North county fair isn't a bad idea- I live in Esco, and not much happens here. I'm down.

Don't even try North County Fair, the security will be there so fast that there won't even be a meet.

I got kicked out just for driving RC cars T_T.

Old 06-09-2008, 02:00 AM   #25
ESmorz
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (2)
ESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to ESmorz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flipzide View Post
Don't even try North County Fair, the security will be there so fast that there won't even be a meet.

I got kicked out just for driving RC cars T_T.
That mall is a joke.

We NEED a good meet =(

Since no north county guys want to come to Temecula
Old 06-09-2008, 02:26 AM   #26
Flipzide
Nissanaholic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ESmorz View Post
That mall is a joke.

We NEED a good meet =(

Since no north county guys want to come to Temecula

Meh, weekly meets are boring. Just wait for the annual SDdrift meet. 100% legit.

Old 06-09-2008, 03:32 AM   #27
ESmorz
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (2)
ESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to ESmorz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flipzide View Post
Meh, weekly meets are boring. Just wait for the annual SDdrift meet. 100% legit.
Whenever I'm on sddrift I get bored, and forget about the site for like a month haha
Old 06-09-2008, 09:28 AM   #28
socal_kouki
Zilvia Junkie

socal_kouki has much to be proud ofsocal_kouki has much to be proud ofsocal_kouki has much to be proud ofsocal_kouki has much to be proud ofsocal_kouki has much to be proud ofsocal_kouki has much to be proud ofsocal_kouki has much to be proud ofsocal_kouki has much to be proud ofsocal_kouki has much to be proud ofsocal_kouki has much to be proud ofsocal_kouki has much to be proud of
Amir: The Chula Vista spot was very chill I just wish it was still going on. Mira mesa seems just as chill as long as it doesn't balloon into another Fusion. Anyone ever try asking any local shops about hosting? It might be good for their business, maybe a bi-weekly meet?

On another note the practice was great on Saturday. We had a place twice as big as our arena, way cleaner and there's no walls it just goes into soft dirt.
We had a representative from city hall. The D1 rights holder from Mexico showed up to check out our mad skills and give us pointers. You should cruise out weekend when your cars done. And as always the fee to drift for a whole day is whatever you wanna chip in for the clean up guys.

Old 06-09-2008, 09:34 AM   #29
SDS13COUPE
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by socal_kouki View Post
Amir: The Chula Vista spot was very chill I just wish it was still going on. Mira mesa seems just as chill as long as it doesn't balloon into another Fusion. Anyone ever try asking any local shops about hosting? It might be good for their business, maybe a bi-weekly meet?

On another note the practice was great on Saturday. We had a place twice as big as our arena, way cleaner and there's no walls it just goes into soft dirt.
We had a representative from city hall. The D1 rights holder from Mexico showed up to check out our mad skills and give us pointers. You should cruise out weekend when your cars done. And as always the fee to drift for a whole day is whatever you wanna chip in for the clean up guys.

We still meet up every now and then. I always hit you up when we meet up. I'm gonna try to get mine up and running, or maybe just slide the single cam. We'll see.
Old 06-09-2008, 09:35 AM   #30
qwikspool
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (6)
qwikspool is close to perfectionqwikspool is close to perfectionqwikspool is close to perfectionqwikspool is close to perfectionqwikspool is close to perfectionqwikspool is close to perfectionqwikspool is close to perfectionqwikspool is close to perfectionqwikspool is close to perfectionqwikspool is close to perfectionqwikspool is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Send a message via AIM to qwikspool
i miss those days when we go out there in chula vista. lol
qwikspool is offline   Reply With Quote