Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 09-15-2005, 04:49 AM   #1
nissantfsx
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
nissantfsx is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to nissantfsx
BOV suggestions...

I have a 91' 240sx (SR) ...
Which BOV do u guys suggest me to get considering their sound and durability without affecting the performance of the car. THnx

I have been searching online...HKS, Blitz and Greddy Type-RS will prolly be my final choice unless u guys have better suggestions for me. I am looking for something that sounds like the "releasing air" sound of a bus, lol...i know its weird but thats what i prefer...i know the high pitch sound of HKS BOV is nowhere close to the bus sound that i am looking for...so, does Blitz BOV sounds more like the bus sound or Greddy Type-RS? and which is louder?
please give honest opinions...

THnx for the HELP yall!
nissantfsx is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-21-2005, 06:31 PM   #2
pRaHjeC
Leaky Injector

pRaHjeC is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to pRaHjeC
the sard r2d2 sounds EXACTLY like a bus releasing air. i had that on my blacktop for a while. another blowoff that sounds like that is the stock lancer evo 8 blowoff, which is what i have on my car right now. the only problem with the evo 8 bov is that when you gun it, and then let halfway off the gas, it's already releasing air so your car feels sluggish. the sard would be the best thing if thats the sound you want, cuz that's the sound i wanted and i was happy with it =]
pRaHjeC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2005, 07:14 PM   #3
dorifto-san4o8
Users Awaiting Email Confirmation

dorifto-san4o8 will become famous soon enoughdorifto-san4o8 will become famous soon enoughdorifto-san4o8 will become famous soon enoughdorifto-san4o8 will become famous soon enough
i like the TIAL bov
dorifto-san4o8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2005, 08:15 PM   #4
BOMEX180
Zilvia Junkie

BOMEX180 is an unknown quantity at this point
I have a SARD BOV i need to get rid off..
Old 09-21-2005, 08:33 PM   #5
sr240mike
Zilvia FREAK!

sr240mike is making a name for him/her selfsr240mike is making a name for him/her selfsr240mike is making a name for him/her self
I loved my SARD. Pick up Bomex180's

TWO IN THE COOT, ONE IN THE POOT
sr240mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2005, 10:26 PM   #6
srpowered240sx
Leaky Injector

srpowered240sx is an unknown quantity at this point
Arrow

turbo xs rfl if your going open atmosphere, not many others can make people crossing the street a block ahead freak out and run. im gonna switch back to open atmosphere as soon as i can.
Old 09-24-2005, 11:26 PM   #7
Irukandji
Post Whore!

Irukandji is close to perfectionIrukandji is close to perfectionIrukandji is close to perfectionIrukandji is close to perfectionIrukandji is close to perfectionIrukandji is close to perfectionIrukandji is close to perfectionIrukandji is close to perfectionIrukandji is close to perfectionIrukandji is close to perfectionIrukandji is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to Irukandji
Id go with the SARD it sounds badass and everyone i know that owns one is happy with it.
Irukandji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2005, 12:12 AM   #8
S14DB
AFC #1

Trader Rating: (3)
S14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
I've been going between the R2D2 and the Tial. Some cars the Tial sounds like an air brake but others have some whistle.
Old 09-25-2005, 01:04 AM   #9
Creizai
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (2)
Creizai has a spectacular aura aboutCreizai has a spectacular aura aboutCreizai has a spectacular aura aboutCreizai has a spectacular aura aboutCreizai has a spectacular aura aboutCreizai has a spectacular aura about
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by srpowered240sx
turbo xs rfl if your going open atmosphere, not many others can make people crossing the street a block ahead freak out and run. im gonna switch back to open atmosphere as soon as i can.
LoL I would Love to hear a RFL on a SR20DET lol.
Creizai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2005, 08:02 AM   #10
SilviaNinja240
Zilvia FREAK!

SilviaNinja240 will become famous soon enoughSilviaNinja240 will become famous soon enoughSilviaNinja240 will become famous soon enough
I have a Blitz, and I think its pretty cool.
SilviaNinja240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2005, 12:05 PM   #11
S14DB
AFC #1

S14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilviaNinja240
I have a Blitz, and I think its pretty cool.
That's nice but does it do what the thread starter wants?
Old 09-25-2005, 10:06 PM   #12
nissantfsx
Leaky Injector

nissantfsx is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to nissantfsx
does anybody own a Greddy Type-RS? i have heard video clips of Greddy Type-RS on an EVO(19 psi stock boost), and it sounds pretty NICE! But an SR20DET's stock boost is only 7 psi, so i am thinking whether the blow off valve's sound will be heard. Alot of people told me that Greddy BOVs are known for making small sound and that their sound wont be heard until the car is going at its high end...i am just wondering if that is true...

thnx for the useful comments guys, but now i am just deciding between Blitz and Greddy Type-RS (not Type-S, or Type-R!!)

my SR20DET will be running at stock boost for a while before my intercooler and boost controller.
nissantfsx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2005, 12:26 AM   #13
PANGES
Zilvia Junkie

PANGES will become famous soon enoughPANGES will become famous soon enoughPANGES will become famous soon enoughPANGES will become famous soon enoughPANGES will become famous soon enough
I'm using a 1g dsm bov and it sounds like a bus when u half gas and release. lol. Mine's recirculated btw... not that loud though so if that's what you're looking for, then you might want something different.
Old 09-26-2005, 04:55 AM   #14
SilviaNinja240
Zilvia FREAK!

SilviaNinja240 will become famous soon enoughSilviaNinja240 will become famous soon enoughSilviaNinja240 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by S14DB
That's nice but does it do what the thread starter wants?
ok then, It's also loud and makes the bus 'phsssh' sound.
and the car still preforms greatly.
SilviaNinja240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2005, 11:58 AM   #15
tempuraDRIFT
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (4)
tempuraDRIFT has a little shameless behavior in the past
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by nissantfsx
does anybody own a Greddy Type-RS? i have heard video clips of Greddy Type-RS on an EVO(19 psi stock boost), and it sounds pretty NICE! But an SR20DET's stock boost is only 7 psi, so i am thinking whether the blow off valve's sound will be heard. Alot of people told me that Greddy BOVs are known for making small sound and that their sound wont be heard until the car is going at its high end...i am just wondering if that is true...

thnx for the useful comments guys, but now i am just deciding between Blitz and Greddy Type-RS (not Type-S, or Type-R!!)

my SR20DET will be running at stock boost for a while before my intercooler and boost controller.

with the intercooler and the boost controller the greddy bov will sound different my buddy greddy bov awakened when he did that to his fc (he has a type s)
tempuraDRIFT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2005, 12:21 PM   #16
upSLIDEdown
Nissanaholic!

Location: VA.. And for those that keep PMing me asking what kit I have, it's Origin Stream.
upSLIDEdown is close to perfectionupSLIDEdown is close to perfectionupSLIDEdown is close to perfectionupSLIDEdown is close to perfectionupSLIDEdown is close to perfectionupSLIDEdown is close to perfectionupSLIDEdown is close to perfectionupSLIDEdown is close to perfectionupSLIDEdown is close to perfectionupSLIDEdown is close to perfectionupSLIDEdown is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by srpowered240sx
I thought the RFL had the 'horn' on it and couldn't be recirc'd. I looked at Turbo XS' site and it looks like yours is the Type H-34 or something along those lines. Could you tell me which one exactly you have. Also, is it loud even being recirc'd? The reason I ask is I'm going KA-T and will be recirc'd but I still want something I can hear.

Thanks,
Bryan
Old 09-26-2005, 12:25 PM   #17
FaLKoN240
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: (73)
FaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 73 reviews
OK, I just realized something. WHY THE HELL IS THIS IN REGIONAL?!

Best way to do business with me? Make your best offer FIRST.
FaLKoN240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2005, 07:02 PM   #18
axiomatik
Post Whore!

axiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by 240FaLKoN
OK, I just realized something. WHY THE HELL IS THIS IN REGIONAL?!
??????

What are you talking about?
axiomatik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2005, 12:33 AM   #19
kazuo
Post Whore!

kazuo will become famous soon enoughkazuo will become famous soon enoughkazuo will become famous soon enoughkazuo will become famous soon enoughkazuo will become famous soon enough
I just realized something -- WE TALK ABOUT THIS EVERY WEEK.

It is generally agreed upon, that if you want to run atmospheric and not have your car shit all over the street, you get HKS or ATP.

Otherwise, you get something that can be recirculated, like HKS, ATP, ARC, SARD, etc etc.

I <3 companies that names are in CAPS.
kazuo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2005, 09:22 AM   #20
S14DB
AFC #1

http://www.atpturbo.com/Merchant2/me...egory_Code=BOV

This thing?
Old 09-27-2005, 09:30 AM   #21
Angel
Zilvia Junkie

Angel is making a name for him/her selfAngel is making a name for him/her selfAngel is making a name for him/her self
Have a look at this one.

http://www.forgemotorsport.com/conte...roduct=FMDVRSK

Evo guys like it and their cars tend to be pretty sensitive to valve selection.

http://forums.evolutionm.net/showthr...ighlight=forge

http://forums.evolutionm.net/showthr...ighlight=forge
Old 09-27-2005, 11:37 AM   #22
420sx
Post Whore!

420sx has a brilliant future420sx has a brilliant future420sx has a brilliant future420sx has a brilliant future420sx has a brilliant future420sx has a brilliant future420sx has a brilliant future420sx has a brilliant future420sx has a brilliant future420sx has a brilliant future420sx has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by kazuo
I just realized something -- WE TALK ABOUT THIS EVERY WEEK.

It is generally agreed upon, that if you want to run atmospheric and not have your car shit all over the street, you get HKS or ATP.

Otherwise, you get something that can be recirculated, like HKS, ATP, ARC, SARD, etc etc.

I <3 companies that names are in CAPS.

my Apexi works perfect. just need to tune it right, tighten the spring and it sounds like a bus on the medium/large hole.
Old 09-27-2005, 11:50 AM   #23
iknowyoulike
Zilvia Member

iknowyoulike is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to iknowyoulike
i run a RFL open atomsphere on my KA-T and it does turns head and make them run the other way...this thing is loud ass hell...try going full throttle and release it under a bridge.. it'll have your ear drums ringing...not all bov can do this..
Old 09-27-2005, 04:52 PM   #24
kazuo
Post Whore!

kazuo will become famous soon enoughkazuo will become famous soon enoughkazuo will become famous soon enoughkazuo will become famous soon enoughkazuo will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by 420sx
my Apexi works perfect. just need to tune it right, tighten the spring and it sounds like a bus on the medium/large hole.
I'll bug Var to chime in with his wonderful experiences with Apex'i valves and compressor surge... he's not the only one who's had that issue, IIRC (a few FA threads, lots of people that have/had apex'i valves were complaining about it.)

IMHO, The 1G DSM valve is worthless, even if you crush it.

S14DB: Yes, that one.
kazuo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2005, 05:50 PM   #25
lucky7
Post Whore!

lucky7 is close to perfectionlucky7 is close to perfectionlucky7 is close to perfectionlucky7 is close to perfectionlucky7 is close to perfectionlucky7 is close to perfectionlucky7 is close to perfectionlucky7 is close to perfectionlucky7 is close to perfectionlucky7 is close to perfectionlucky7 is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by dorifto-san4o8
i like the TIAL bov

this is what i have. though its an RB25, not an SR.